Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 19, 2023 7:56 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Volume 11 Discussion:

After the rather distasteful consequences from the past volume are for now resolved (trash showing no remorse, but there is hope for Aki, yet I do not think she deserves it), Masato again proving his worth (and getting me to ship him with Lily wonderfully), we have a new beginning one could say, or a continuation long in the making??! In context it is nice to finally see the consequences that started with volume 1, and then 5, getting addressed here, a return to home, of sorts.

I did not know how this volume was going to turn out, but came very pleased with the direction, the writer just kept it going strong, not stopping. Miharu is a naughty girl, she keeps refusing that it was not like that, but now every girl and Rio knows what's up. Latifa´s stare is strong but ineffective on her onii-chan, so cowardly in nature that he is ignoring Miharu's indirect confession, well, I do expect this much from him, Satsuki and Aisha laid bare his weakness enough already.
This is something the writer can't keep doing forever though, and I would prefer if he sticks to the excuse that right now isn't the time for romance, he has said that before, but after he gets his revenge, what will be the excuse? He deserves some punishment, hopefully, when the time comes he will be tormented properly by the girls.

Anyway, now the focus is back on Celia, letting me forget the bitter start, what a lovely colored illustration, her charm in full display. Rio has to start taking responsibility for his reckless dense yet critical effective words, the harem can't take it, I think for a start it would be good to properly take Celia's hand in marriage. Remove that text and it could almost be mistaken for a marriage proposal. xD

Something so uneventful as her coming home turned out on the start of another big arc, I'm quite surprised to see it turned this way, and since I was already jumping on Christina's reintroduction, this was smooth sailing for me.
There was no giant climax, this was only the start, but from now on Christina's inner monologues will be a focus and we start to get a much better picture of her from the start of the series to now, and again, I love her development.

This volume was also a cool way to bring some focus back to Alma, Sara, and Orphia, it was cool to see them and I look forward to further developments (me being already deep in volume 12, and loving it).

Reiss appears again too, as hateful as ever, and a fucking creep, he secret desires Haruto for himself, must be. Weirdo spying on them. He is not an all SHIT villain, but it feels so lame how he appears like this and pulls Minotaurs off his ass.
Kinda wish the writer had a better execution here with this.

The short story was rather short and nothing special, but sweet Jesus lord... seeing Christina in that Chinese dress, looking all shy, nervous but eager, that is dirt CHEAP! Here I am "slowly" opening up to Christina, finding her full of charm and a worthy addition to the harem, feeling like a gentleman, but also pure of heart as a maiden in love, for this wonderful harem.
Riv is merciless, this was CRITICAL EFFECTIVE, what a naughty boy! Spice is life, and indeed this illustration is full of spice, and everything that is NICE.
I hope to one day see her opening more to Rio, she knows Haruto to be him now, and that complicates things further, and it is very endearing to see it play out. At the end of the road I want a future where she can be happy, and Flora as well~~
Already this late in the game, volume 11, and this harem is not slowing down at all, some fat eventually has to be cut off it, but Christina is a keeper!

Mod edit: Title adjusted.
-DxP-Nov 19, 2023 10:01 AM
Nov 21, 2023 7:52 AM

Oct 2015
Riv is an underrated illustrator. :/

His illustrations are beautiful~

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seirei Gensouki Volume 9 Discussion

Playcool - Nov 19, 2023

0 by Playcool »»
Nov 19, 2023 7:41 AM

Poll: » Seirei Gensouki Volume 8 Discussion

Playcool - Nov 19, 2023

0 by Playcool »»
Nov 19, 2023 7:25 AM

Poll: » Seirei Gensouki Volume 7 Discussion

Playcool - Nov 19, 2023

0 by Playcool »»
Nov 19, 2023 7:15 AM

Poll: » Seirei Gensouki Volume 6 Discussion

Playcool - Nov 19, 2023

0 by Playcool »»
Nov 19, 2023 7:07 AM

Poll: » Seirei Gensouki Volume 5 Discussion

Playcool - Nov 19, 2023

0 by Playcool »»
Nov 19, 2023 6:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.