Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 19, 2023 7:25 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Volume 8 Discussion:

The volume starts strong, I was deeply touched by Flora's reactions and how she respected Rio's decision, it was tough to swallow, to be asked for such a reward but Flora is left paralyzed because of how guilty she feels herself for the burdens Rio had to face, even if she is NOT the party at fault.

It is still kinda weird to see Celia's hair blonde, just looks like another character, but I do feel pity for Flora in that illustration and scene, she is jealous not to receive such affection but she finds herself not worth it either, it is complicated and I m invested in Flora's growth.

Celia meeting the other girls was cute, I love seeing her hair down like that (despite also adoring the ribbons she used in volume 1), and she had some quality bonding time, especially with Sara, one can't underestimate the power of furries, Latifa is NEXT!!

When Rio comes back with Miharu to present her to Liselotte, the plot really moves rather fast, mister Lotte doesn't care for preliminaries and goes straight for a CRITICAL HIT there. Love it, also that illustration is one of my favorites for her, such a serene gaze, there is some strong yearning there, as she finally sees some light at the end of the tunnel, other people aside from her from Japan.
She pounced on Miharu fast and was not being fulfilled, Rio was next on the menu, of course the viewers already knew Liselotte's background but she coming out and being this direct to them both... this volume is just a great read tbh, one of the very best of the series so far, sad at the start, funny and adoring through out, hopeful and beautiful with Latifa opening up to Miharu, and now Liselotte to both of them and then purges you in tragedy with what comes next... if you manage to care for multiple characters, this volume will play with your feelings quite well.

As for said conclusion... Miharu keeps showing despite not being a major focus of this volume, she slowly starts to process things and those dreams due to the connection with Aisha, and it is a snowball that only grows bigger and bigger.
I was very invested in her chapter and felt sad when she got to see how Haru-kun had come back for her, to be met with such a scene and as events fold eventually to his rather abrupt death.
This will certainly be adapted in Season 2, but I doubt the staff will be able to pull it up, it can be such a strong scene but they won't have the talent, but if they did it would be a pretty impactful scene, with some strong tragic music slowly building up and the IMPACT, showing for a split second some gore and then she awakes.
The dramatic potential is absolute here, and it will almost probably be wasted of a scene, but as for this volume, it was one of my favorite scenes, and got me teared up.

Satsuki makes a short appearance at the end, there is barely anything to take away from her short introduction, but oh boy, she is great in volume 8 and forward!

Starting this volume the side stories started to get rather meaningful which quite surprised me, the one with how Rikka meets Haruto in the original world, and seeing it mentioned in volume 10 just had me melting further in adoration for Liselotte, seeds that are planted without you being very aware that then sprout beautifully.
Oh and that final colored illustration with Rikka in witch cosplay, is lovely!

Volume 8 is among the very best for the series I have read so far (even up to Vol. 12).

Mod edit: Title adjusted.
-DxP-Nov 19, 2023 9:57 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seirei Gensouki Volume 11 Discussion

Playcool - Nov 19, 2023

1 by NewestPersonHere »»
Nov 21, 2023 7:52 AM

Poll: » Seirei Gensouki Volume 9 Discussion

Playcool - Nov 19, 2023

0 by Playcool »»
Nov 19, 2023 7:41 AM

Poll: » Seirei Gensouki Volume 7 Discussion

Playcool - Nov 19, 2023

0 by Playcool »»
Nov 19, 2023 7:15 AM

Poll: » Seirei Gensouki Volume 6 Discussion

Playcool - Nov 19, 2023

0 by Playcool »»
Nov 19, 2023 7:07 AM

Poll: » Seirei Gensouki Volume 5 Discussion

Playcool - Nov 19, 2023

0 by Playcool »»
Nov 19, 2023 6:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.