Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 19, 2023 7:15 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Volume 7 Discussion:

Liselotte stole the spotlight from Celia a bit, here, which I did not mind, there is a place in my heart for more than just Celia~~
her design isn't as charming as Celia's, but I do adore her ribbon and personality, it seems genuinely fun to see both Rio and her taking the first steps, still being highly alert of each other, but wanting to develop trust between them, for their own goals, and of course Liselotte being the last girl that die with Latifa and Rio in the previous life.
They are so formal with each other which is understandable, but it leaves me looking forward to one day seeing Liselotte being a bit less guarded around Rio, less business-like, and showing more of her girlish side to him!
Liselotte inner monologue, when she first met Celia and Aisha while still maintaining a poker face was just amusing, so I'm looking forward to the future when she is unable to keep that poker face for much longer. The stronger the defense she puts, the more rewarding will be to see her true feelings plastered on her face~~

Hiroaki is still annoying, on purpose, the writer knows this, but at least he was able to do something, but not a reliable character at all, and it gets me wondering if Roanna is feeling everything she says, or if she is fed with this loser.

There were some other side characters in this volume that I couldn't care less about and was pleased when I saw them dying, but I'm interested in Aria and Cosette, despite that, the latter one is one I couldn't care less if she doesn't enter Rio's harem, her daydreaming gives some amusing scenes, but that is all, Aria is a different matter.
Celia had some nice scenes to her, along with Aisha, when they were showing Liselotte they were not dead weight (the first time we saw Celia doing some magic stuff), and I look forward to seeing Aria and Celia one day getting properly reunited.

I also enjoyed the small interactions of Flora and Rio, but this is only the beginning, she recalls Rio to this day very strongly and couldn't help but overlap him with Haruto, she is not as strong and cunning as her sister, but a maiden in love cant be fooled easily, and then Lucious shows for the first time, making everything more complicated.

Lucious was such a joke though, he was owned much easier than I thought, at the same time it was great to see him OWNED like that, and Rio burning his cut arm, a good example when I like Rio vs other harem leads, Rio lets his darker desires take over, and it is very understandable in such circumstances, I applaud of cold-hearted he was here, that piece of filth deserves no respect from other human beings.

That epilogue with Miharu got me emotional, I appreciate how brutal this LN can be, albeit not too explicit with gory details, it is a striking scene and the illustration embodies Rio's darker desire and the conflict the Rio that was born and suffered in this world, and Haruto memories awakening. This development pushing Miharu out of her comfort zone is just another thread that is born and keeps me engaged and waiting to see further developments, it is like the writer always wants to end each volume in a meaningful way that hooks you on what comes next, doing it successfully, when I see many LNs falling at it.

PS: That dragon was very rude, hopefully, he also gets done eventually, what a bastard.

Mod edit: Title adjusted.
-DxP-Nov 19, 2023 9:55 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seirei Gensouki Volume 11 Discussion

Playcool - Nov 19, 2023

1 by NewestPersonHere »»
Nov 21, 2023 7:52 AM

Poll: » Seirei Gensouki Volume 9 Discussion

Playcool - Nov 19, 2023

0 by Playcool »»
Nov 19, 2023 7:41 AM

Poll: » Seirei Gensouki Volume 8 Discussion

Playcool - Nov 19, 2023

0 by Playcool »»
Nov 19, 2023 7:25 AM

Poll: » Seirei Gensouki Volume 6 Discussion

Playcool - Nov 19, 2023

0 by Playcool »»
Nov 19, 2023 7:07 AM

Poll: » Seirei Gensouki Volume 5 Discussion

Playcool - Nov 19, 2023

0 by Playcool »»
Nov 19, 2023 6:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.