Forum Settings
Forums

Light Novel 'The New Gate' Gets TV Anime in 2024

New
Nov 9, 2023 7:54 AM
News Team
Aug 2019
Publishing company AlphaPolis announced a television anime adaptation of Shinogi Kazanami's The New Gate light novel on Thursday, revealing the main cast, staff, and a teaser visual (pictured). The television anime is scheduled for a 2024 premiere.

Cast
Shin: Kensho Ono (Owari no Seraph)
Schnee Raizar: Asami Seto (Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari)
Tiera Lucent: Kaede Hondo (Itai no wa Iya nanode Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu.)

Staff
Director: Tamaki Nakatsu (Hyouken no Majutsushi ga Sekai wo Suberu episode director)
Series Composition: Hiroki Uchida (Shikkakumon no Saikyou Kenja)
Character Design: Itsuki Takemoto (Hyouken no Majutsushi ga Sekai wo Suberu sub-character design)
Music: Tatsuhiko Saiki (Higeki no Genkyou to Naru Saikyou Gedou Last Boss Joou wa Tami no Tame ni Tsukushimasu.), Yuya Mori (Kemono Jihen), Misaki Tsuchida, Tsukumi Tanaka
Studio: Yokohama Animation Lab, Cloud Hearts

Kazanami began penning the action fantasy light novel on the Shousetsuka ni Narou website in 2013. AlphaPolis acquired the novel and published the first volume in December of the same year, featuring illustrations by Makai no Juumin. KeG (Gaikotsu Kishi-sama, Tadaima Isekai e Odekakechuu) was in charge of the illustrations for volumes ten and eleven, and Akira Banpai took over as the illustrator starting volume 12. The 21st volume we released in September 2022, and the 22nd volume is scheduled to be released on November 20. The story has a cumulative 2.5 million copies of its volumes in circulation.

Yoshiyuki Miwa began drawing a manga adaptation in AlphaPolis Web Manga magazine in November 2014. The 13th volume went on sale on February 24.

One Peace licensed the manga in English in March 2020 and published the 11th volume on February 10, while the 12th volume is scheduled for a February 2024 release. AlphaPolis is also publishing the manga on its Alpha Manga app and website.

Synopsis
"The New Gate" is an online life-or-death game with tens of thousands of players. Thanks to Shin, the most skilled veteran player, the other players will finally be released from the game. Shin has killed the last boss and believes he is finally able to escape when he is blinded by a flash of mysterious light. He awakes to find himself in the game's world 500 years later! So begins a new chapter in the life of an unsurpassed legendary player! (Source: Alpha Manga)

Official site: https://the-new-gate-pr.com/
Official X (Twitter): @thenewgateanime

Source: PR Times

The New Gate on MAL
Nov 9, 2023 8:06 AM

May 2021
hyoukennomajutsu typa production for this?!?! already over
Nov 9, 2023 8:29 AM

Jan 2017
Ouch.

I'm not very convinced by the character designs in this Key Visual...
And the staff seems... inexperienced ?
Alexioos95Nov 9, 2023 8:33 AM
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... and hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Nov 9, 2023 8:40 AM

Jul 2013
Oh... A VRMMO series... After watching the VRMMO this season... It can't be all that bad. But if I have to be frank the visuals aren't helping.

Nov 9, 2023 9:06 AM

May 2020
I thought this was something about that "Gate", and it getting a continuation all of a sudden, but...

Anyways, this ain't something we haven't already seen I guess.
Nov 9, 2023 10:51 AM
Oct 2021
Yesss finally New gate getting an animated adaptation, I've been waiting for quite a while, one of my favorite isekai novels
Nov 9, 2023 11:27 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to Softhenic03
I thought this was something about that "Gate", and it getting a continuation all of a sudden, but...

Anyways, this ain't something we haven't already seen I guess.
@Softhenic03 If you're talking about that show where the Japanese army takes over an isekai, then I think now is not really the time for that type of show. Although LN seemed to be quite popular.
Nov 9, 2023 12:26 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Hopefully 500 years in the future means

NOT medieval setting

considering everything else looks like every other short black haired OP MC with his OP knight girl groupie MMO RPG anime

So that ONE change could actually make this interesting

Still waiting for an isekai about a non OP guy with red hair who goes to an ancient egypt fantasy world
EcchiGodMamsterNov 9, 2023 12:30 PM
Nov 9, 2023 1:09 PM

Nov 2019
Looks rubbish.                    
Nov 9, 2023 1:09 PM

May 2014
Finally they will adapt this manga.
### ||| 私はアニメと日本文化が大好きです ||| ###"Kago-ni noru hito, katsugu hito, sono mata waraji-o tsukuru." ###
Nov 9, 2023 1:29 PM

Jan 2017
EcchiGodMamster said:

NOT medieval setting

... It is.

BankaiGoku said:

They'll adapt the Light Novel , which is the source material.
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... and hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Nov 9, 2023 1:51 PM

Jul 2015
Reply to EcchiGodMamster

NOT medieval setting

considering everything else looks like every other short black haired OP MC with his OP knight girl groupie MMO RPG anime

So that ONE change could actually make this interesting

Still waiting for an isekai about a non OP guy with red hair who goes to an ancient egypt fantasy world
@EcchiGodMamster I'll give it a credit for NOT having entire premise in the title alone.

Nov 9, 2023 2:10 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Reply to Alexioos95
EcchiGodMamster said:

NOT medieval setting

... It is.

BankaiGoku said:

They'll adapt the Light Novel , which is the source material.
@Alexioos95

yea... i...

i figured....

can't win with this trend

Nov 9, 2023 2:11 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Reply to Piromysl
@EcchiGodMamster I'll give it a credit for NOT having entire premise in the title alone.
@Piromysl

that's honestly the biggest flex these short black haired OP MC medieval fantasy world RPG anime can give at this point
Nov 9, 2023 3:36 PM

Dec 2012
Big reason why anime is dead to me, just how pathetic can these get? Creatively bankrupt young japanese writers please stop with the SHIT ISEKAI.

I don't watch as much anime as before...
Nov 9, 2023 3:46 PM

Apr 2012
Reply to Infatuate
Big reason why anime is dead to me, just how pathetic can these get? Creatively bankrupt young japanese writers please stop with the SHIT ISEKAI.
@Infatuate Before that there was SHIT CGDCT, even before that SHIT HAREMS, somewhere before that SHIT MECHAS, and so on until the Astroboy. People pretend that it's only now that there's milking of popular genres, but it's always been there. People simply ignored this or that era because of their tastes. For example, you have Kuroneko on userpic and I still remember the times when Oreimo and imouto rom-coms were called "proof of the death of industries". I wouldn't be surprised if when the isekai trend ends and something else overly popular starts, people will consider isekai shows a classic and pointedly remember the 10-20s with nostalgia, lol.
RobertBobertNov 9, 2023 4:02 PM
Nov 9, 2023 3:52 PM
Nov 2021
W : Name of the anime is not 25 words.
L : MC is a teenager with black hair. Copy pasted agin...

MEH...
Nov 9, 2023 5:24 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Reply to Ragon_Qc

MEH...
@Ragon_Qc

If i wasn't at work I would have lol'd out loud lol
Nov 10, 2023 2:50 AM

May 2014
Reply to RobertBobert
@Infatuate Before that there was SHIT CGDCT, even before that SHIT HAREMS, somewhere before that SHIT MECHAS, and so on until the Astroboy. People pretend that it's only now that there's milking of popular genres, but it's always been there. People simply ignored this or that era because of their tastes. For example, you have Kuroneko on userpic and I still remember the times when Oreimo and imouto rom-coms were called "proof of the death of industries". I wouldn't be surprised if when the isekai trend ends and something else overly popular starts, people will consider isekai shows a classic and pointedly remember the 10-20s with nostalgia, lol.
@RobertBobert Exactly.
### ||| 私はアニメと日本文化が大好きです ||| ###"Kago-ni noru hito, katsugu hito, sono mata waraji-o tsukuru." ###
Nov 10, 2023 7:44 AM

Mar 2010
Been years since I seen this name. Hope it gets a good adaption!
Nov 11, 2023 5:51 PM

Dec 2012
Reply to RobertBobert
@RobertBobert I guess back then I was naive enough to not notice it.

I don't watch as much anime as before...
Nov 12, 2023 1:46 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to Infatuate
@RobertBobert I guess back then I was naive enough to not notice it.

@Infatuate Check out the seasonal show schedule for the last 3-4 years of the '10s. Each season would have more than 3-4 generic CGDCT because the trend was so strong that the producers had to literally adapt any manga that had at least a few volumes.
Nov 14, 2023 11:22 AM

Oct 2017
Finally this gets an anime.
Nov 20, 2023 5:56 AM
Sep 2016
Just read this... Holy sh*t we finally have New Gate adaptation!!!! There're so many isekai titles newer than The New Gate that already adapted, but there's still no any news about New Gate adaptation, I started to lose hope. It finally happened!!!

To be frank, New Gate is not special (in today's standard). It is a power isekai in every sense. The MC was isekai'd already as, practically, one of the (if not THE) most powerful being in the world.
. The characters and plot aren't really that special either.... especially now that we already had so many similar isekai adaptations already. TBH, The New Gate had waited for a very long time to get an adaptation. TOO LONG in fact, that it is sadly no longer as special as it's once was...

Well, at least we'll get to see waifu Schnee got animated! I'm also curious how far will the anime adapt the LN for this.... I predict, at most we'll be only covering as far as the ninetales-arc (prediction for 24 EP season 1, will be less if only 12 EP instead). That's the most sensible end point for season 1. Further than that would be more appropriately addressed in season 2 instead.
uncleqrowNov 20, 2023 6:01 AM
Python is the best programming language ever. FIGHT ME!
Jan 13, 9:58 AM
Dec 2021
Reply to Infatuate
@Infatuate this its not new ,novel started in 2013
Jan 20, 4:51 PM
Mar 2018
Reply to 777Looma
Looks rubbish.                    
@777Looma For me the story it's good, but i doubt for this studio animation.
Jan 20, 4:52 PM
Mar 2018
Reply to Stardew
Been years since I seen this name. Hope it gets a good adaption!
@Stardew yup, i hope this will be good, but i still and feeling doubting for this Studio animation.
Feb 5, 12:05 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to MisatoChise
@Stardew yup, i hope this will be good, but i still and feeling doubting for this Studio animation.
@MisatoChise the character art is already off too, so you can tell this won't be as dark and gritty as what is portrayed in the novel and manga. It's a shame, 9/10 isekai gotta keep going for that SAO style of art and color tones.
Nai wa~
Feb 14, 8:41 AM
Dec 2021
Reply to Ragon_Qc

MEH...
@Ragon_Qc What is the most common hair colour in Japan?

More topics from this board

» 'Naze Boku no Sekai wo Daremo Oboeteinai no ka?' Reveals Additional Cast, Character Promo

Nioxys - 1 hour ago

2 by notPara »»
6 minutes ago

» 'Detective Conan' Creator's 'Yaiba' Manga Receives New Anime

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

13 by RobertBobert »»
3 hours ago

» 'Kusuriya no Hitorigoto' Second Season Announced

Nioxys - Mar 23

22 by arnicahealth »»
8 hours ago

» Manga 'Tougen Anki' Gets TV Anime in 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

4 by thebrentinator24 »»
Yesterday, 7:33 PM

» 'Tensei shitara Dainana Ouji Datta node, Kimama ni Majutsu wo Kiwamemasu' Reveals Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - May 6

2 by ST63LTH »»
Yesterday, 7:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.