Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (30) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Nov 4, 2023 10:59 AM
Jan 2018
what a confusing mess. eren is depicted as this pathetic manchild but at the cost of destroying all the growth he went through throughout the series. we have seen a mature version of him during the beginning of season 4. him having a breakdown isn't the issue. it was why and how it happened.

the shoehorned focus on mikasa and the ass pull parallels between her and ymir were hilariously bad. the plot armor was terrible. it still felt rushed asf in the anime
Jul 2020
It was just the perfect ending!
AoT of Progress is the best anime ever!

Nov 2018
Reply to I_Am_Freeballing
@KneelBeforeMe
Yes, I'm a fan of the series so I'm defending it. At least I'm not a hater who is still so butthurt over an ending that happened more than 2 years ago I have to keep refreshing the thread just so I can be the first one to shit on it.
@I_Am_Freeballing I'm definitely not a "hater", and I think there are a LOT of great moments that AoT has brought us throughout the years. Some of my most memorable in all of anime, personally. However, I personally think it's more annoying seeing blind support for the series as if it can do no wrong than seeing someone acknowledge that it fell very short in the end, and undid some of the great that it has done.
Nov 4, 2023 11:00 AM
Jul 2020
Reply to XiongYifan
@prsfx1 this is something ending defenders will never understand. Killing 80% seems soo pointless
@XiongYifan
It's a measure to prevent retaliation against Mikasa and the others.
Thanks to Eren, the island has lasted for hundreds of years.
Nov 4, 2023 11:02 AM

Aug 2014
Unreal to believe that theres no more AOT left, whether you liked the overall anime/manga or not, Unreal to believe its over.

I guess its more unreal that an anime of less than 100 episodes took 10 years to finish. But it was a fun ride to say the least.
Nov 4, 2023 11:03 AM

Sep 2020
Reply to otherhalfling
@ZXEAN I'm interested to see where it will land when the dust settles. I can't imagine it will be well-received, but maybe the production will be able to carry it to some extent (I haven't watched the episode yet, so I can't say if the production is good or not. I'm just assuming it is, because none of the criticism in this thread has been about the adaptation).
@otherhalfling After 24 hours I think this shit storm will settle down. Here majority of the people are manga reader who didn't even watched the episode.
Nov 4, 2023 11:03 AM
Jul 2020
Isayama is a true genius.
I will miss seeing AoT already!
Nov 4, 2023 11:04 AM

Jun 2020
Reply to ZXEAN
@otherhalfling After 24 hours I think this shit storm will settle down. Here majority of the people are manga reader who didn't even watched the episode.
@ZXEAN how do you know the majority haven't watched the episode? I mean you don't need subs when you read the manga.

Nov 4, 2023 11:05 AM

Sep 2020
Reply to Meinyaa
@ZXEAN how do you know the majority haven't watched the episode? I mean you don't need subs when you read the manga.
@Meinyaa I am not talking about you.

Oct 2020
Reply to otherhalfling
@I_Am_Freeballing I'm definitely not a "hater", and I think there are a LOT of great moments that AoT has brought us throughout the years. Some of my most memorable in all of anime, personally. However, I personally think it's more annoying seeing blind support for the series as if it can do no wrong than seeing someone acknowledge that it fell very short in the end, and undid some of the great that it has done.
@otherhalfling I didn't reply to you or call you a hater tho. I don't think my support for AoT is blind. I genuinely believe this is a great ending hilariously misunderstood. The ending has it's problems but they are nothing deserving of the hate it gets.

Jun 2020
Reply to ZXEAN
@Meinyaa I am not talking about you.
you didn't answer my question tho

Apr 2013
@KneelBeforeMe
Yes, I'm a fan of the series so I'm defending it. At least I'm not a hater who is still so butthurt over an ending that happened more than 2 years ago I have to keep refreshing the thread just so I can be the first one to shit on it.
@I_Am_Freeballing Should manga readers, and specifically those that didn't enjoy the ending, not watch the finale and comment on this thread? Do you need a safe bubble of positivity everywhere you go online to reinforce your feelings for the series? Give it 10s across the board like you did and move along.

And who said I was butthurt? Angry when I read the chapters back in Spring 2020? Ofc, who wouldn't be. A manga I enjoyed reading weekly for nearly a decade turned to shit within months at the end of its run. I don't think any other manga's ending was as disappointing as AOT's and I say that as someone that read Naruto weekly from Pain arc to its godawful ending.

Anyway, props to MAPPA and Imai. I'm out.
Nov 4, 2023 11:06 AM

Sep 2020
Reply to Meinyaa
you didn't answer my question tho
@Meinyaa Obviously it's my assumption lol.
Nov 4, 2023 11:06 AM
Jul 2020
I don't know what's wrong with such a perfect ending.
Nov 4, 2023 11:07 AM

Oct 2023
Man, what a disaster. Floch was the most sane person in the final season fr. Not saying the ending is good, actually it's fcking bad, but I'm not even surprised some One Pisstards are massively downvoting it (check twitter), just like the other series. That's sad

Oct 2011
crying my eyes out at the end ahhhhhhhhhhh
Feb 2022
Reply to g99251966
@XiongYifan
It's a measure to prevent retaliation against Mikasa and the others.
Thanks to Eren, the island has lasted for hundreds of years.
@g99251966 they would last even if eren followed zekes plan or destroyed the world

Oct 2020
Reply to Meinyaa
@Meinyaa There are dialogue changes in this episode. You will see when the subs come out.
Nov 4, 2023 11:08 AM

Sep 2020
Reply to goaTMaru
Man, what a disaster. Floch was the most sane person in the final season fr. Not saying the ending is good, actually it's fcking bad, but I'm not even surprised some One Pisstards are massively downvoting it (check twitter), just like the other series. That's sad
@goaTMaru One Piss fan are the lowest of the low imo.
Nov 4, 2023 11:09 AM

Nov 2018
Reply to ZXEAN
@ZXEAN I'm a little curious why you believe that if such a vast majority of manga readers, who were big fans of AoT, so passionately despise the ending that the reception will be so different among anime fans?? I mean I've seen good production carry completely average material that did nothing especially good or bad (Demon Slayer, JJK, Akira in what it adapted, etc.), but I've never seen good production be able to carry something that was almost unanimously panned in its source to actually being considering GOOD in animated format.
Nov 4, 2023 11:10 AM

Jun 2020
@Meinyaa There are dialogue changes in this episode. You will see when the subs come out.
@I_Am_Freeballing i know there are man. Especially during armin eren convo. Doesn't make it any less bad

Feb 2022
Wow, who would've thought that the remaining 20% of the world population would get revenge on Paradis in the future because the traitorous Alliance were low IQ enough to believe you can talk no jutsu a populace right after you just reaffirmed yourselves as island devils to their century's worth of brainwashing by almost committing omnicide. The Yeagerists were vindicated.

Still can't get over how the same thematically charged ending about the endless cycle of violence could've been written but infinitely superior by having a victorious Paradis resort to infighting in that time-skip epilogue instead of turning the story into capeshit.

#ThankYouIsayama
#ThankYouMAPPA
the13thStruggleNov 4, 2023 11:15 AM

May 2021
What is this feeling of emptiness, of watching one of my top 3 favorite anime come to a conclusion. I knew this day would come eventually but we kept joking about it like Attack on Titan would never end. But it did. And now im feeling empty, knowing that i'll never see a sequel to this ever again. Isayama's remarkable talent for weaving narratives through multiple story arcs, linking the past and the present in a unique and captivating way. This talent truly sets them apart as a genius. This story had everything, from unpredictable plot twist to well written characters. We the audience could feel and sympathise with the characters which takes hard work to create this bond between us and the characters. In conclusion this journey was a Masterpiece. 10/10

people who rate it 1 star are just trying to make their big fat egos stand out.
Jul 2020
Reply to XiongYifan
@g99251966 they would last even if eren followed zekes plan or destroyed the world
@XiongYifan
Eren will never choose Zeke's plan.
The armin does not want to destroy the world. That's why Eren was killed.
It's a very reasonable ending.
Nov 4, 2023 11:11 AM

Oct 2020
Reply to KneelBeforeMe
@I_Am_Freeballing Should manga readers, and specifically those that didn't enjoy the ending, not watch the finale and comment on this thread? Do you need a safe bubble of positivity everywhere you go online to reinforce your feelings for the series? Give it 10s across the board like you did and move along.

And who said I was butthurt? Angry when I read the chapters back in Spring 2020? Ofc, who wouldn't be. A manga I enjoyed reading weekly for nearly a decade turned to shit within months at the end of its run. I don't think any other manga's ending was as disappointing as AOT's and I say that as someone that read Naruto weekly from Pain arc to its godawful ending.

Anyway, props to MAPPA and Imai. I'm out.
@KneelBeforeMe I am just saying all the hate in this thread comes from people like you and is not a genuine estimation of the satisfaction over the ending. No anime onlies are here disappointed.
Nov 4, 2023 11:12 AM

Nov 2018
@otherhalfling I didn't reply to you or call you a hater tho. I don't think my support for AoT is blind. I genuinely believe this is a great ending hilariously misunderstood. The ending has it's problems but they are nothing deserving of the hate it gets.
@I_Am_Freeballing I know you weren't responding to me, but I would probably still qualify under your definition of "hater". I'm not butthurt, but as a fan, I am still disappointed in the way the series ended, and I will still actively express my dislike for it in appropriate discussions ( such as topics regarding AoT or its finale, like this one).

Oct 2023
@KneelBeforeMe I am just saying all the hate in this thread comes from people like you and is not a genuine estimation of the satisfaction over the ending. No anime onlies are here disappointed.
I_Am_Freeballing said:
No anime onlies are here disappointed.
YET
(char limit ....................)
Jun 2023
Reply to Paharo05
It was fun while it lasted. Even if the ending isn't as good as the series deserves, it doesn't diminish the fact that AoT is one of the best pieces of fiction to ever exist
@Paharo05 GOT of anime. XD
great plot but shit ending.
Nov 4, 2023 11:15 AM
Jul 2020
It was a perfect ending by Isayama!
AoT is a great anime because it is so talked about!
Let's talk more about AoT.
Nov 4, 2023 11:15 AM
Jan 2021
unless you speak Japanese
I don't know what all these people are doing here
after 2 years you are still upset??
Nov 4, 2023 11:17 AM

Oct 2020
Reply to otherhalfling
@I_Am_Freeballing I know you weren't responding to me, but I would probably still qualify under your definition of "hater". I'm not butthurt, but as a fan, I am still disappointed in the way the series ended, and I will still actively express my dislike for it in appropriate discussions ( such as topics regarding AoT or its finale, like this one).
@otherhalfling That is completely fine. I don't see you as the ''hater''. It's just so many came in here all at once expressing their opinions in harsh language that I felt compelled to take a stance.
Nov 4, 2023 11:22 AM

Sep 2017
/snk/ having the most fun.

Nov 4, 2023 11:25 AM
Mar 2021
Well that's sh*t....
As expected Isayama f*cked the ending.
How can you make same mistake twice when you know and apologize for the first mistake😂
Well it's over and I couldn't care less.
Nov 4, 2023 11:26 AM

Jul 2015
Finally the true finale part of the finale, although I was disappointed by its ending (wishing it was different from the manga) and the release schedule of these final two part episode, AOT as a whole has been an incredible ride to follow these past 10+ years.

Nov 4, 2023 11:30 AM

Mar 2021
L
+ cringe
+ corny
+ peak comedy
+ you didn't understand the story
+ plot armor
+ plot holes
+ retcons
+ infinite ammo
+ infinite thunder spear
+ infinite gas
+ unbreakable swords
+ avengers fight
+ useless titans
+ cuckren
+ NOOOO I DON'T WANT THAT
+ sniffling while trampling on innocent lives
+ idk why I killed the world
+ MATRICIDE
+ thank u for committing genocide for our sake
+ real eren
+ eren greatest actor
+ eren lied in his monologues
+ eren let them win
+ wormkun main villain
+ jeanconnie revived 2mins later
+ dead zeke stops rumbling
+ scouts used to have it tough with a single normal titan now they can fight hundreds of titanshifters at once
+ kruger fighting against eren
+ colossal eren
+ tentacle fetish
+ umi da
+ mikasa "im strong" wings cringe
+ falco expert at flying
+ liner sniffing letter
+ annie reunites with her dad
+ annie crying for eren
+ pieck crying for eren
+ armin "we would turn into titans if we could"
+ that argument actually worked
+ birdren
+ ugly faces
+ messiah armin
+ leaf
+ leaf convinces zeke to kill himself
+ mikasa jesus walking to paradis
+ mikasa carrying eren's rotting head
+ necrophillia
+ incest
+ ymir loved fritz
+ aaron yogurt
+ "battle of heaven and earth" (literally nobody important died)
+ paradis lets them back on the island
+ paradis gives them privileges for some reason
+ mikasa never stopped thinking about eren
+ cucked husband
+ she even dies with that fucking nasty scarf
+ overdone bird symbolism
+ capeshit
+ cringe romance
+ "it was mikasa"
+ only ymir knows
+ 9/11 reference (wtf)
+ paradis bombed
+ floch was right
+ genocide approval ending
+ "cycle of hatred" womp womp
+ beren next generations

+ Rest In Piss.

OdabraniNov 4, 2023 5:05 PM

Nov 4, 2023 11:30 AM

Sep 2020
Reply to otherhalfling
@ZXEAN I'm a little curious why you believe that if such a vast majority of manga readers, who were big fans of AoT, so passionately despise the ending that the reception will be so different among anime fans?? I mean I've seen good production carry completely average material that did nothing especially good or bad (Demon Slayer, JJK, Akira in what it adapted, etc.), but I've never seen good production be able to carry something that was almost unanimously panned in its source to actually being considering GOOD in animated format.
@otherhalfling I am just trying to say the reaction which are coming out now isn't genuine. Just by seeing the poll you can understand roughly half of the people have rated this episode 1 and another half 5. I mean it's obvious AOE Bros and EM shippers are the real contributor in this forum. Come back after 24 hours to see genuine reaction good or bad it doesn't matter.
Nov 4, 2023 11:32 AM
Mar 2021
What an incredible last Episode of Aot ,the animation , music, osts, every thing is top notch. Finally the journey has ended !! it's an End of an Era!! Gonna miss Aot so much...!!!
Nov 4, 2023 11:42 AM
Mar 2023
All reviews here are pointless.

No one here has actually watched it.

Watching it unsubbed doesn't count.
Nov 4, 2023 11:43 AM

Apr 2020
One last Shinzou wo Sasageyo!
Nov 4, 2023 11:43 AM

Oct 2023
Reply to Itspreshh
All reviews here are pointless.

No one here has actually watched it.

Watching it unsubbed doesn't count.
@Itspreshh Why it doesn't count? We all do understand Japanese. You need to learn it too, bro
Nov 4, 2023 11:45 AM

Feb 2022
Oof, I see the ending is still divisive af lol.

This series would've benefited so much from an AOE, since even amongst supporters of the ending, hardly anyone believes it to be the optimal conclusion to the story. There would be less dissatisfaction with the series and it would've somewhat remedied the manga by reducing it to a timeline thing like many prominent substantial theories were already circulating about the end-game even before the final sequence of chapters dropped. Yams called the anime the definitive version of his work anyway and I don't think even in his own eyes he wrote the ideal ending there. As far as I'm aware, it would be the first time that an anime/manga had a linear multimedia narrative as well.

Edit: It looks like the ending was actually much better received here than one may have initially thought with the early poll results and the first couple of pages. Not surprising, as it was mainly the input of manga readers and haters then and the majority of the audience came once the subtitles dropped for the episode a couple of hours later.

Good on those who enjoyed it. Even if the series deserved a better conclusion than this, Attack on Titan is undeniably going down in history as a decade-defining modern classic and one of the most important anime of all time. Props to Isayama and everyone who worked on this anime for the last 10 years, I will definitely miss it.
AcausalNov 6, 2023 1:00 AM
Nov 4, 2023 11:45 AM

Sep 2011
@sxnchit they arent subs wont be out for another 3 hours, its just people who already read the series venting or bandwagoners from neo /a/. Some people do speak Japanese here but a vast majority don't. The final episode wont be well received but its also not gonna be this copy and paste identical like it is here.
JizzyHitlerNov 4, 2023 11:48 AM

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Nov 4, 2023 11:51 AM
Sep 2019
Animation is nice... I guess
Nov 4, 2023 11:54 AM
Apr 2022
kinda mid ngl. Looking like a train wreck.
Nov 4, 2023 11:57 AM
Apr 2022
Ricky16 said:
This Anime will be remembered forever in the history of the Legendary Anime's.
Mikasa Her Sacrifice for the humidity 😭😭😭.
Salute to those who waited 10 years in patience to watch the finale.
Score 10/10.
This is the Ending 😭.

Mikasa’s sacrifice for the humidity will definitely be remembered alongside Eren being one of the saddest incels to have ever existed.
Nov 4, 2023 12:00 PM

Jan 2018
So the ending is pretty much the same as it was in the manga. Not surprised.
Nov 4, 2023 12:00 PM

Oct 2018
Jean is such a lucky man
Nov 4, 2023 12:15 PM

Sep 2017
Daily reminder that Isayama said he changed the idea he had for the ending after watching capeshit movies.
Nov 4, 2023 12:15 PM

May 2017

Thank you MAPPA. Lmao.
Nov 4, 2023 12:17 PM

Nov 2016
10 years later it's finally over. Started off phenomally and kept going strong till we've reached the ocean. From there it was a mixed bag. A shame to see it ending like this. Welp, the amount of hate AoT earns for it's ending is what comes with the immense popularity. I still kinda love this series for what it is/was and will surely rewatch the whole thing at least once.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Pages (30) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» When are these episodes getting an English dub?

did4375 - May 13

8 by ANIk_003 »»
4 hours ago

» Why is this so ugly??? ( 1 2 )

kizumi91 - Nov 5, 2023

60 by Mrchocolateeater »»
May 12, 6:01 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season - Kanketsu-hen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Mar 3, 2023

1050 by wibugar »»
May 9, 2:49 PM

» What would the characters favorite anime be?

TASM18 - Apr 5

25 by kush_void »»
Apr 7, 6:13 PM

» about episodic version of final chapters

taru_otaku - Nov 19, 2023

8 by Adrena »»
Apr 5, 7:04 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.