Forum Settings
Forums

'Hikari no Ou 2nd Season' Reveals Staff, Additional Cast, January 2024 Premiere

New
Sep 28, 2023 7:15 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
The official website of the Hikari no Ou (The Firecatcher Lord) television anime announced the staff and additional cast for the second season on Thursday. The anime is scheduled to premiere in January 2024.

Manaka Iwami ("Oshi no Ko") and Mao Ichimichi (M.A.O.) (Enen no Shouboutai) are joining the cast as Yururuho and Ruri Matsuri, respectively.

Staff
Director: Junji Nishimura (Basilisk: Ouka Ninpouchou)
Assistant Director: Sachiko Kanno (Vlad Love)
Series Composition, Script: Mamoru Oshii (Vlad Love)
Character Design: Takuya Saitou (Monster Hunter Stories: Ride On)
Chief Animation Director: Takuya Saitou, Kazuchika Kise (Hirune Hime: Shiranai Watashi no Monogatari), Toshihisa Kaiya (World Trigger)
Effect Animation Director: Kazunori Ozawa (Ryuuou no Oshigoto! effect supervision)
Image Illustration, Prop Design: Gouichi Iwahata (Isekai Ojisan prop design)
Art Design: Mika Nakajima (Chainsaw Man)
Mechanical Design: Kaoru Kamigiku (Najica Dengeki Sakusen storyboard)
Creature Design: Tomohiro Matsubara
Art Director: Seo-gu Lee (Shinka no Mi: Shiranai Uchi ni Kachigumi Jinsei) NEW
Color Design: Youko Watanabe (Giovanni no Shima)
Telop: Mayumi Katsumata (Calligrapher)
Picture in the Play: Uta Mizuno (Vlad Love visual design)
CG Director: Yusuke Nishimuta
CG Production: Reirs (Deemo Movie: Sakura no Oto - Anata no Kanadeta Oto ga, Ima mo Hibiku)
Title Design, 2D Works: Makiko Yamazaki (Psycho-Pass 2D works)
Special Effects: Hideaki Sakurai (D.N.Angel)
Director of Photography: Shigemi Ogawa (InuYasha: Kanketsu-hen) NEW
Editing: Junichi Uematsu (Yuukoku no Moriarty)
Music Production: flying DOG
Sound Production: Production I.G
Music: Kenji Kawai (Mob Psycho 100)
Sound Director: Kazuhiro Wakabayashi (Vanitas no Karte)
Studio: Signal.MD

Note: The staff list includes members who have previously worked on the first season. The new members are denoted with the legend NEW.

Holp Shuppan began publishing Rieko Hinata's post-apocalyptic fantasy novel in December 2018, featuring artworks by Akihiro Yamada (The Twelve Kingdoms). The fourth volume shipped in September 2020.

Source: Comic Natalie
DatRandomDudeSep 28, 2023 7:36 PM
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Sep 28, 2023 9:59 PM

Jun 2019
The silkpunk classic lives. It's definitely one of the most overlooked and underrated series of the year (2023) up to this point, along with AI no Idenshi. And one of my top three to five favorites of the year easily to boot.

They've created a very inventive world with a lived-in feel for only being 10 episodes into the series and journey so far. Post-apocalyptic as a setting and premise isn't normally something you associate as much with fantasy as more straight Sci-Fi. The art style and artwork in general are also gorgeous, reminiscent and evocative of some older anime or even a traditional storybook look. The only thing which was really lacking by comparison was the actual animation itself. Perhaps with a second season secured their allocated budget will have improved.

That it would receive a second season was announced early on, so I figured it would be sometime later this year (maybe in the autumn season) or next year. Good to see that it's right at the beginning of next year.
Sep 28, 2023 10:39 PM

Apr 2021
The circlejerk old man project is back after a horrible first season, maybe they can make this season not horrific to look at, that would be a start.

I also remember seeing a bunch of people saying they couldn't see Oshii's mark while others saying they could, the actual answer is that they're both dickriders, main reason why this failure is getting a 2nd season, veterans of the anime world desperately trying to convince themselves and others that they still got it.
Sep 29, 2023 2:53 AM
Jan 2016
I enjoyed the visual style of this series so I look forward to seeing more
I'd rather die a free man then live under the rules of idiots
Sep 29, 2023 3:04 PM

Jan 2021
> Mamoru Oshii (Vlad Love)

I liked that show, but I'm VERY sure there's other stuff Oshii is more famous for...
Oct 11, 2023 6:49 PM
May 2023
I'm sure you missed the wolf the girl is directly looking at in the cover art.

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Ranma ½' Gets New Anime Adaptation ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

63 by silversaint »»
26 minutes ago

» Light Novel 'Fuguushoku "Kanteishi" ga Jitsu wa Saikyou Datta' Receives TV Anime in 2025

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

8 by desusama »»
1 hour ago

» Kinema Citrus Announces 'Sayonara Lara', 'Ninja Skooler' Original Anime

DatRandomDude - May 18

21 by porcelain_wings »»
2 hours ago

» Orange, Qubic Pictures Produce 'Leviathan' Anime for 2025

DatRandomDude - Jun 6

17 by Hk477 »»
3 hours ago

» 'Babanbabanban Vampire' Unveils Main Cast, Production Staff, Teaser Promo, Winter 2025 Premiere

DatRandomDude - Jun 24

3 by Memore »»
8 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.