Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]
Sep 25, 2023 10:07 PM

Dec 2018
Wow, this part really took the cake of being the manga's most controversial chapter (yet).

After thinking over the events of the battle, I'd thought: how much of the characters' claims can we take at face-value? Before the fight began in the first place, Gojo tells Kenjaku he doesn't expect to lose to Sukuna. However, when he meets Geto in the afterlife, he tells him he wasn't sure about winning. I also don't think the claims made between Yuuji and the others are 100% reliable. They get surprised when Gojo and Sukuna come up with new counterattack or use a cursed energy in an unthinkable way. Not all the time, but the moments are there when Sukuna or Gojo explains what they're doing out loud. Kusakabe mentioned, they're capable of doing the impossible, which makes sense because they're two highly strong cursed sorcerers facing off each other. Both of them are highly smart, especially Sukuna, and are capable of evolving their abilities while fighting. In the same vein, Kusakabe says Gojo wins from the previous chapter. Yeah... I don't know about that chief. Like them, we, as the readers, are also spectators of the battle, watching it unfold. We don't have the full picture of their abilities.

I was upset about how Gojo died. It's one of the biggest fights, he comes back after a long-ass time, and goes down like that? Like... geez, no grand death scene for one of the strongest sorcerers of all time.

Going back to Gojo telling Geto he wasn't confident enough to win against Sukuna; I believe Geto is one of the very few people Gojo could actually be vulnerable with about himself. Although Yuuji and the others were aware of the possibility of him losing, I'm sure everyone was banking on him to beat Sukuna, somehow. Gojo's seen as the strongest by pretty much everyone in their world, and he's highly aware of that. Up until Sukuna, no one felt challenging for him. He might've been highly overconfident because of his image and said what he said. With Gojo, I'm at least glad to see there is at least some semblance of happiness for him. The world for jujutsu sorcerers is cruel; no one is spared from its sufferings as they continue to live in it.
Sep 25, 2023 10:07 PM
Sep 2018
Reply to knktzvra
Whao, that sucks, explanation sounds like cheap try to give some logic stuff but any OP chara needs some of that

That CSM dude lol
@knktzvra JJK needs dialogues while CSM isn't, that's the only thing to sum up CSM is miles better than JJK, because Fujimoto tells a story, a REAL and HUMANE story, unlike Gege with only his non-stop flashy battle Shonen (if you think JJK's Plot-driven story is better than CSM's Character-driven story, then you need help and stop reading Shonen Manga regularly) yet lack of deep thoughts provoking story, and it's finally paid off by how lame he killed off Gojo lol.
Sep 25, 2023 10:19 PM
Sep 2018
Reply to Maumuu
Wow, this part really took the cake of being the manga's most controversial chapter (yet).

After thinking over the events of the battle, I'd thought: how much of the characters' claims can we take at face-value? Before the fight began in the first place, Gojo tells Kenjaku he doesn't expect to lose to Sukuna. However, when he meets Geto in the afterlife, he tells him he wasn't sure about winning. I also don't think the claims made between Yuuji and the others are 100% reliable. They get surprised when Gojo and Sukuna come up with new counterattack or use a cursed energy in an unthinkable way. Not all the time, but the moments are there when Sukuna or Gojo explains what they're doing out loud. Kusakabe mentioned, they're capable of doing the impossible, which makes sense because they're two highly strong cursed sorcerers facing off each other. Both of them are highly smart, especially Sukuna, and are capable of evolving their abilities while fighting. In the same vein, Kusakabe says Gojo wins from the previous chapter. Yeah... I don't know about that chief. Like them, we, as the readers, are also spectators of the battle, watching it unfold. We don't have the full picture of their abilities.

I was upset about how Gojo died. It's one of the biggest fights, he comes back after a long-ass time, and goes down like that? Like... geez, no grand death scene for one of the strongest sorcerers of all time.

Going back to Gojo telling Geto he wasn't confident enough to win against Sukuna; I believe Geto is one of the very few people Gojo could actually be vulnerable with about himself. Although Yuuji and the others were aware of the possibility of him losing, I'm sure everyone was banking on him to beat Sukuna, somehow. Gojo's seen as the strongest by pretty much everyone in their world, and he's highly aware of that. Up until Sukuna, no one felt challenging for him. He might've been highly overconfident because of his image and said what he said. With Gojo, I'm at least glad to see there is at least some semblance of happiness for him. The world for jujutsu sorcerers is cruel; no one is spared from its sufferings as they continue to live in it.
@Maumuu controversial? Please, the hate on this chapter is justified, and it shows that Gege's writing is nothing but mid, only drawing a non-stop flashy generic battle Shonen and its choreography are his good at.
Sep 25, 2023 10:25 PM
Sep 2018
Reply to lobuzno
If you do not like JJK, what are you doing here? participate in the forums of the series you like. I find CSM and Boring Saga, really boring, and I do not write in those forums, because it has no sense. In fact, this thread is to discuss about the 236 chapter, it is clear that this chapter is controversial. I still do not accept what the author did to Satoru : (
@lobuzno no wonder, Shonen boy, lol. Just stick to this generic battle Shonen and let Gege spoonded and Shonensplaining you over and over like a toddler who doesn't know how to use his head to comprehend things.
Sep 25, 2023 10:35 PM

Dec 2018
Reply to Byodoin
Let me explain to the people who didn’t understand this chapter and are screaming “asspull”.

In chapter 224, Sukuna throws a Dismantle at Gojo which provokes a surprised expression from him. From this we can deduce that Gojo can “detect” Sukuna slash but he cannot “see” it. However, in chapter 118, Sukuna stated that Mahoraga could “see” his slash. This also means that Mahoraga could “see” Infinity or rather space itself.
Then we go to chapter 234 where Mahoraga performs a slash similar to Sukuna’s. This means that either Sukuna passed down his technique to Mahoraga or Mahoraga can use the technique it has adapted to. Either way, Mahoraga bypasses Infinity.

In this chapter 236, Sukuna explains how Mahoraga’s adaptation works. Mahoraga changes its Cursed Energy to fit the Cursed Technique it has adapted to making it immune. This is testified when Gojo blows himself up in chapter 235 and takes minimal damage. Mahoraga also uses this principle to his attacks and neutralizes infinity.
Mahoraga expands the slash to target space hence cutting right through it. Space isn’t something someone can see but Mahoraga can. Being able to see space means it can target space with the slash and Sukuna copies this.

Sukuna has already been shown to be able to perform any type of Cursed Energy manipulation or even basic or advanced techniques like him being able to turn himself into a cursed object by just seeing the process once. He “saw” how Mahoraga performed the attack and learned to cut space.

In chapter 235, Kusakabe declared the victory and not the Author. Sukuna was half dead, his output was growing weak and Mahoraga was out of the game either destroyed or unsummoned and he had no way or attack to bypass Gojo’s Infinity(or at least they thought so). Everyone thought it was over and that Gojo had won, even Gojo thought so. Gojo was also focusing on healing himself with his restored output. Gojo’s guard was down.

Remember how I said that Gojo could “detect” and not “see” the slashes? Well Gojo’s guard was down and he was most likely not even reinforcing himself with cursed energy. His focus was also divided in healing himself and feeling relieved that he “won”. And that is when Sukuna performed it silently. A cut that targets space, the world, itself. Infinity manipulates space but Sukuna has now cut through it. It was game over.

Not to mention that Dismantle requires very little cursed energy and doesn’t need to charge up because if he had to Gojo would detect it and dodge.

It was instantaneous. In the previous chapter I quoted Reggie’s line of how a sorcerer’s lie determines their victory. Gojo tricked Sukuna and performed a Purple which was his winning condition, however, Sukuna also had a lie, a trick, up his sleeve. As a sorcerer Sukuna proved himself better and his lie or having no more cards up his sleeves determined and solidified his victory.

There were zero asspulls. Everything here can be explained by things that were introduced in previous chapters. Everyone is just mad that the “good guys” are losing.
Something which doesn’t happen in almost any anime.

Overall, this fight was… in Biscuit Oliver’s words. Beautiful~
@KloneTrooper Yup, Sukuna's fast enough to learn and copy Mahoraga. He's quickly adjusted to Gojo's domain expansion variations. The fighting was messy overall, and I think some of those details can get lost, especially when the battle spans over several chapters.
Sep 26, 2023 1:03 AM
Feb 2020
fuck gojo god bless gege
Sep 26, 2023 4:23 AM
Jun 2017
Gege jus made the worst asspull of history
Sep 26, 2023 4:34 AM
Jan 2022
unluckos, never imaginate this scenario

Sep 26, 2023 7:58 AM

Sep 2013
How am I supposed to believe that anyone else is going to deal with sukka when gojo has always been leagues ahead of anyone else in this series? gege is gonna be pulling off another series of yuki "I just happened to have anti-blackhole techniques in my pocket" bs just to conclude the series faster
Sep 26, 2023 8:30 AM
Jan 2015
I've been bored with this for the past 100 chapters or so, characters nowadays just explain things I don't care to hear. Why hype gojo up to be a god for the whole show, keep him in a box for years, then bring him out for him to die to 'the strongest shikigami'. wowwwwww so cooooool, nice well done. very cool plot line. bad guy use demon, good guy dead.

Honestly I think this would be better if it switched to the villians being the main characters and them ending up winning.
Sep 26, 2023 10:02 AM
Jul 2021
Well Gojo's demise was inevitable imo and also considering how much Gege hates him lol. Hoping the next chapter explains how his off screen death happened. Anyways, I felt the concept of his conclusion in this chapter was pretty good ngl, but yeah the execution was rough and maybe it will be explained soon.
Sep 26, 2023 10:03 AM
Mar 2015
Watch out for him Gojo Without you the series would be boring
Sep 26, 2023 12:39 PM

Dec 2018
Reply to Nugi97
@Maumuu controversial? Please, the hate on this chapter is justified, and it shows that Gege's writing is nothing but mid, only drawing a non-stop flashy generic battle Shonen and its choreography are his good at.
@Nugi97 Yup. By controversial, I meant that there's a lot of debatable conversation about the chapter. A lot of people hating how Gege wrote Gojo's death, some people bringing up theories that Gojo isn't dead, some arguing why it's fine that he died, and other ideas about what's gonna happen next. I wasn't talking about whether people are right or wrong to hate the chapter or Gege's writing. People can have whatever opinions they want on the matter, and that's fine. I find it interesting to see there are many different views about it.
Sep 26, 2023 3:07 PM

Feb 2022
One half of the fan-base loves it and the other half seem to hate it lol Gege really took us all for a spin

Although I was shocked outta my knockers and UPSET, I still enjoyed it and appreciated the badass cliff-hanger/tease for the next chapter, with no break which makes it oh so much more suspensful

The discourse about it all is wild tho, we all have opinions whether strong or not and getting salty is lame. Let's all get mad or not respectfully
Sep 27, 2023 1:19 PM

Mar 2017
Gojo’s dead? No, that can’t be true! He just came back and now he’s fucking DEAD! I seriously cannot see how Yuji & Co are supposed to win this if even Gojo FUCKING DIED!
I CANT DEAL WITH THIS…. IM GOING TO HIBERNATE IN A CACOON OF HEARTBREAK AND SADNESSSSSSS
Sep 27, 2023 3:10 PM
Jul 2016
knew this was the outcome the moment he mentioned he definitely would win against Sukuna in the earlier chapters. awesome battle. I'm just surprised he didn't get Megumi out of the situation.

It would probably end up as Gojo Satoru's students taking down the King of Curses by way of redemption. And I took note that Nobara might actually be alive?

Gojo stans are gonna have a bad reaction to this chapter probably but I hope they don't take it out on the Mangaka, it was an awesome build up to a character's final blaze of glory.
Sep 28, 2023 3:21 PM
Feb 2016
Itadori is the hero of JJK, Gege is making that clear by widowing me
Sep 28, 2023 4:44 PM

Dec 2015
Weird way to make him lose but it is done
How he power scales everyone up now will be interesting
Sep 29, 2023 1:15 AM
Jul 2023
Garbage chapter but not as bad as culling games
Oct 3, 2023 6:22 AM
Apr 2020
GREATEST MANGA OF ALL TIME. PERIOD.
Oct 16, 2023 10:08 PM

Aug 2014
I just found out he's unsealed, right, cool, gotta catch up to the manga after a year of not reading... And a few moments later... DUDE IS DEAD!!??????????

Oct 17, 2023 9:57 AM
Jul 2022
Gojo... Pain... sorrow sorrounds my heart
Oct 17, 2023 10:33 PM

Nov 2014
Bro, this shit was over since the author had them take a 6 week break for Christmas.

Why would Gojo who was sealed due to arrogance initially, not instantly kill the three of them and instead allow them to become stronger.

From a character POV it makes no sense, he is apparently able to analyze battles and abilities but can't see that his arrogance has earned him all his losses. So fucking dumb.
Oct 18, 2023 4:38 PM
Jul 2017
if u know u know >>>>>C
Oct 25, 2023 8:10 AM
Apr 2021
NAHHHH SATORU LOST
Oct 25, 2023 10:59 PM

Aug 2021
It was bound to happen. The plot needs Gojo's death to progress, hence he got sealed in the first place. Still, Sukuna was literally throwing flamethrowers in the fight, so I wouldn't blame anyone who thought that Gojo would've won.
Oct 27, 2023 7:51 PM
Sep 2013
Jamás podré superar esto...
Nov 2, 2023 11:14 AM

Apr 2022
aga tamam hikayenin devami icin sukuna kazanmali ama satoruyu da offscreen ortadan ikiye ayirip oldurmezsin aq bu kadar disrespect de fazla

Nov 28, 2023 4:24 AM
Apr 2018
With the hope that GOjosAToru will be back in the future. 🥺

If not him, then who... (I can't even predict it)
Dec 24, 2023 3:45 AM
Jun 2023
ehiiiiiiiiii!!!! WFT
Dec 29, 2023 8:48 PM

May 2021
The Honoured One got fucking off-screened? Holy shit, Gege really hates Gojo, it would seem.

Dec 30, 2023 3:38 AM
Apr 2022
prob best jjk chapter so far
Jan 1, 9:39 PM
Sep 2021
Oh. My. God. What an experience that fight was.
Jan 1, 9:41 PM
Sep 2021
Reply to Kvothe_1
edit btw: NOBARA IS ALIVE(she wasnt in afterlife)

1st and foremost.... PLEASE DONT BE TOXIC AGAINST THE MANGAKA UNLESS U WANT ANOTHER ENDING LIKE AOT...

2ndly
what was all that about gojo dad??

3rdly....infinity works upon the principeles of calcalus like how in limits the closer u come to thing the farthe away it is....so y does it matter if even the world is slashed?? infinity makes every attack slow.... IT DOESNT STOPS IT...
so some1 explain that plzz..... as for chap

gege u fucking monster ...i hate this i hate this guy and love him so much at the same time...he doesnt care about fan that much was clear from shibuya he has a story to tell and that he will without care of the world
@Kvothe_1 DON'T GIVE ME HOPE, I NEED HER BAAACKKK
Jan 22, 1:33 AM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
mann... this was so sad but bittersweet. super nice to see the real Geto again. RIP the goat Gojo wow

Mahoraga OP asf. Adapting to that extent, being able to cut space/all existence is crazy. I know Sukuna didn't show all his cards, but right now it's very hard to picture him winning without Mahoraga....

that shot of Gojo cut in half was BRUTAL wow

but man. when Sukuna says shit like "I'll remember you for as long as I live"... respect fr

I'm not expecting much from Kashimo, but hopefully my MC Yuta afterwards can get the W!!
Jan 23, 11:04 AM
Sep 2019
..................Damn.........
Jan 26, 11:00 PM

Mar 2022
I said this series wasn't all that if you compare it to other big shots but damn... Im lowkey sad over Gojos death I mean he just came back I wish Gege isn't trying to rush jjk. I was starting to dislike Sukuna just cause it was a 3v1 but you got to give it to him. Hes going against a guy that literally was still able to keep up with the 3v1 and that part where he said he will remember him, Great villain you can hate him for killing Gojo but hes written well...
Jan 27, 8:24 AM
Apr 2022
Thanks I will just post this here. This is too disturbing to watch but if I suffered watching this then you guys shouldn't be spared.
Warning:-This has blood gojo fans are insane
https://x.com/totally_search/status/1750495033365823749?s=20
Feb 1, 4:01 PM

Nov 2018
This shit is too hard to digest.
My boi Gojo didn't deserved that.
Gege must be reading One Piece that time, after all only Blackbeard wins his fight offscreened.
"When they're alive, you can enjoy watching them struggle. When they're dead, you can enjoy tearing out their guts. Tales are things you get to enjoy twice."
Feb 10, 7:28 AM

Jan 2021
SUKUNA FUCKING WON AND GOJO FUCKING DIED!?!?!? NOOOOOOO THIS CAN'T BE, GOJO IS SUPPOSED TO WIN WHY IS HE DEAD, WHY DID SUKUNA WIN. WHYYYYYYYYY

I literally can't believe this, I don't know what to say...

Rest In Peace Gojo Satoru...
Mar 7, 4:43 AM
Dec 2022
Gojo talking to Geto
man I wonder why all the dead fellas are here FUUUUUC

Jogo treatment

Kashimo goes in ):

GOodnight my sweet prince
Mar 17, 10:47 AM

Jan 2021
damn sukuma really jujutsu kaisen'd all over gojol
Mar 29, 9:38 AM
Jul 2018
The chapter that had the JJK fanbase in a rage. Off screened. The blow to this reveal was lessened because of the outrage this chapter got so spoilers flew all over the place, but I'm glad of what Gojo managed to build up while he was alive. RIP the Honored One. Both halves.
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]

More topics from this board

» He doesn't know how to write ( 1 2 )

Nugi97 - Mar 23

50 by Miyamotodex23 »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 258 Discussion

grim - Apr 24

22 by aod-kun »»
Yesterday, 7:08 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 257 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Dumb - Apr 17

76 by Nicrotx »»
Apr 24, 2:04 AM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 256 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Dumb - Apr 3

56 by Capitan_Orejitas »»
Apr 23, 1:59 AM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 240 Discussion ( 1 2 )

deg - Oct 24, 2023

58 by scorpioniclibra »»
Apr 21, 7:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.