Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 3, 2023 1:08 PM

Feb 2020
R.I.P that poor guy. Probably the creepiest episode so far.
Sep 3, 2023 2:02 PM

Jun 2011
This was definitely a creepy episode!
Sep 3, 2023 5:06 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
This was quite the spooky episode, perhaps one of my favorites this season. I liked the buildup regarding the story of the writing on the dead body, that’s some cool stuff and I’m not sure if it’s something that was written for this show or is actual folklore but I really liked it, and of course there was the final bit where the dude went back to get his phone which he definitely should have went back for the next day lol, ain’t no way I’d go back there after hearing that story.

The art was also nice in this one, I think we saw this style in a previous episode, it’s a good style so I’m glad we saw it again, the expressions when our MC saw the spooky stuff going on were quite wicked.
Sep 6, 2023 10:56 PM

Oct 2013
This one sucked ass!
And why does this season the episodes look almost like kiddy cartoons.

Go back to the first season and such, they were drawn more dark and sharp.
This episode when the guy saw the ghosts the goofy looking face he had and other episodes too are almost looking like an Archie comic of something!
Sep 14, 2023 9:15 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
a bad work day!! kekeke
Oct 2, 2023 10:29 PM

Aug 2016
Wtf. He got burned alive. Not a good profession if killer ghosts are involved.
Nov 8, 2023 3:42 PM

Feb 2018
You can't simply 'hide' from the dead, my man really thought he was safe there? :/
Mar 28, 8:07 AM

Aug 2012
The most unbelievable part of this story is that it took Ishida that long to realize he didn't have his phone. The last few have been decent, so we were bound for a terrible one. On the positive side, the story of the backward writing on the feet is kinda neat folklore, rather it's commenting on a real life one or it's an invention for this episode. But the rest when he came back was bad. There's the phone ringing cliché, which is an eye-roll, but largely it's the reliance on the visuals here to carry the horror.

I mentioned a lot during Season 3 that the biggest problem of that season was it's reliance on the monster design for the scares, but the designs themselves were never scary. It often looks goofy and falls flat on it's face. This season isn't as reliant on it, but I feel like this is the most a season has focused on the visuals themselves as the primary driver of the horror. Seems the more soft round art style like this one and the cab driver episode are an indication that the episode's going to try and sell itself on the visuals. I thought they looked goofy with the cab driver, but they were downright comical here. It looked like the flaming dead body was going for a kiss at the end, what a romantic.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yami Shibai 11 Episode 13 Discussion

Serafos - Oct 1, 2023

17 by Terrestrious »»
Mar 28, 11:08 AM

Poll: » Yami Shibai 11 Episode 12 Discussion

Serafos - Sep 24, 2023

8 by Terrestrious »»
Mar 28, 10:29 AM

Poll: » Yami Shibai 11 Episode 11 Discussion

HibiChika - Sep 17, 2023

10 by Terrestrious »»
Mar 28, 10:19 AM

Poll: » Yami Shibai 11 Episode 10 Discussion

Serafos - Sep 10, 2023

9 by Terrestrious »»
Mar 28, 8:33 AM

Poll: » Yami Shibai 11 Episode 8 Discussion

HibiChika - Aug 27, 2023

8 by Terrestrious »»
Mar 28, 7:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.