Forum Settings
Forums

Light Novel 'Madougushi Dahlia wa Utsumukanai' Receives TV Anime

New
Aug 27, 2023 9:23 AM
News Team
Aug 2019
The MF Books 10th anniversary livestream event announced on Monday a television anime adaptation of Hisaya Amagishi's Madougushi Dahlia wa Utsumukanai: Kyou kara Jiyuu na Shokunin Life (Dahlia in Bloom: Crafting a Fresh Start with Magical Tools) light novel, revealing a teaser visual (pictured).

Synopsis
After dying of overwork in Japan, Dahlia is reborn into a world filled with magic. Raised by a master of magical toolmaking, she develops a passion for the craft and becomes engaged to her father's apprentice. Before her father can see her wed, however, he suddenly passes away. As if this weren't enough, on the day before their wedding, her fiancé announces that he's in love—but not with her!

Dahlia finally realizes she needs to live for herself. She vows to be her own woman from now on and devote herself to her craft, even if it's not quite the quiet life she was hoping for! From a chance encounter with a knight to starting her own company, there are challenges aplenty on the horizon. But this young craftswoman is no longer a shrinking violet—she's Dahlia, and she's ready to bloom. (Source: J-Novel Club)

Amagishi began penning the fantasy slice of life novel on the Shousetsuka ni Narou website in April 2018. Kadokawa acquired the novel and published the first volume under its MF Books imprint in October 2018, featuring illustrations by Kei. The eighth volume was released in June 2022. The series has a cumulative 2.2 million copies of its volume in circulation.

Megumi Sumikawa began serializing a manga adaptation in MAGCOMI magazine in April 2019. Mag Garden released in fifth volume in September 2019, and the sixth volume is scheduled to be released on August 31.

Misato Kamada serialized a second manga adaptation in Comp Ace from April 2019 to February 2020. The second and final volume went on sale in July 2020.

J-Novel Club licensed the light novel for digital release in English in July 2021 and shipped the seventh volume on May 29. Seven Seas Entertainment licensed the first manga adaptation in September 2021 and published the fifth volume on August 22.

Madougushi Dahlia wa Utsumukanai: Kyou kara Jiyuu na Shokunin Life placed ninth and second in the Books category for the 2022 and 2023 editions of the Kono Light Novel ga Sugoi! rankings.

Official site: https://dahliya-anime.com/
Official Twitter: @dahliya_anime

Source: Comic Natalie

Madougushi Dahlia wa Utsumukanai: Kyou kara Jiyuu na Shokunin Life on MAL
VindstotAug 27, 2023 8:24 PM
Aug 27, 2023 9:36 AM
Nov 2020
I KNEW IT I FREAKING KNEW THIS ONE WOULD GET ANIME ADAPTION AND I AM RIGHT AGAIN now put this on my plan to watch list (/O_O)/
Aug 27, 2023 9:44 AM

Feb 2021
Good news! I read about it earlier in Twitter.
Aug 27, 2023 10:22 AM

Apr 2016
Oh, so this is one of those stories.
Aug 27, 2023 11:06 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Dying and being reborn into a medieval fantasy world where you live a more exciting life than your life in the real world

Wow... 

The creativity 

.... yay... 
Aug 27, 2023 11:25 AM

Feb 2011
Oh, I remember this one, I will probably check it out!
眠れないのは君のせい
Aug 27, 2023 1:57 PM
Jul 2017
isekai & SOL? my cup of tea
Aug 27, 2023 2:18 PM

Apr 2012
Haha, just a couple of hours ago I decided to look at the most popular or highly rated LN in the last couple of years and saw this title as well. Not my cup of tea, but it will be interesting to watch at least the first 3 episodes.
Aug 27, 2023 3:05 PM
Jul 2016
I've been reading so many isekai/fantasy manga lately. A side effect of that is that a lot of them end up getting anime adaptations lmao. I definitely read the manga adaptation of this story.
But damn there are so many stories where the fiancé ends up being complete trash lmao. Arranged marriages have a lot of drawbacks tbh.
Aug 27, 2023 3:22 PM

Apr 2012
erikkamirs said:
I've been reading so many isekai/fantasy manga lately. A side effect of that is that a lot of them end up getting anime adaptations lmao. I definitely read the manga adaptation of this story.
But damn there are so many stories where the fiancé ends up being complete trash lmao.  Arranged marriages have a lot of drawbacks tbh.
If you want to read the ridiculous idealization of arranged marriages, where every pairing is made in heaven (or making things even worse in clumsy attempts to rationalize it), then read any manga or LN that tries to win at least some of the Nisekoi's popularity.
Aug 27, 2023 7:48 PM
Sep 2016
Dahlia~! Finally an adaptation. I like these kinda isekai stories, with strong, smart, and independent female MCs, like Rozemyne (Honzuki no Gekkokujo), Iris (Koushaku Reijo no Tashinami), Riza (Isekai de Cafe), Pryde (LastTame), Francesca (Akutou Ikka Mana Musume), Lily (Maid to Haha), etc. Especially the ones more on the RnD oriented ones, like Rozemyne, Riza, and Dahlia. On that note, Koushaku Reijo no Tashinami is one of the older isekai villainess one, why haven't we got an adaptation of that?

Swagernator said:
Oh, so this is one of those stories.

I mean, at least for once it's not about a villainess nor about royalty/nobility (Dahlia's dad is a commoner bestowed by a baron title, this means the title won't be inherited to her). The ex-fiance is still shitty though....
uncleqrowAug 27, 2023 8:01 PM
Python is the best programming language ever. FIGHT ME!
Aug 28, 2023 12:22 AM

Apr 2016
uncleqrow said:
The ex-fiance is still shitty though....

Ah yes, you cant have a woman centric story without the fiance being an absolute buffoon.
Aug 28, 2023 1:56 AM

Apr 2012
Swagernator said:
uncleqrow said:

Ah yes, you cant have a woman centric story without the fiance being an absolute buffoon.
There's been a bunch of female-focused anime with good fiance over the last couple of years. But this was obviously a idealization, since these works were focused on hasubendo.
Aug 28, 2023 1:57 AM
Sep 2016
Swagernator said:
uncleqrow said:

Well, to be precise, we can't have a woman centric story which includes engagement annulment without the fiance being an absolute buffoon. When engagement annulment is not involved however, there are surprisingly quite a number of decent MC's fiance out there.

But I get what your point. This kinda stories do sells though....
Python is the best programming language ever. FIGHT ME!

More topics from this board

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 25

22 by Kaikaidou »»
2 hours ago

» Manga 'Ikoku Nikki' Receives TV Anime

DatRandomDude - 6 hours ago

14 by Memore »»
3 hours ago

» 'Kakuriyo no Yadomeshi' Gets Second Season in Fall 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 30

17 by RobertBobert »»
4 hours ago

» North American Anime & Manga Releases for July

Aiimee - Jul 6, 2022

7 by miipsy »»
Yesterday, 3:43 PM

» New '5-toubun no Hanayome' Anime in Production

Vindstot - Apr 28

40 by MegamiRem »»
Yesterday, 9:12 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.