Forum Settings
Forums

Manga 'Darwin's Game' Ends in Two Chapters

New
Aug 14, 2023 7:32 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Bessatsu Shounen Champion magazine announced on Saturday that FLIPFLOPs' Darwin's Game manga is ending in two chapters with chapter 125 in this year's November issue on October 12.

FLIPFLOPs began serializing the survival action manga in the Bessatsu Shounen Champion magazine in December 2012. Akita Shoten shipped the 28th volume on June 8 and will release the 29th on September 7. Darwin's Game has 9 million cumulative copies of its volumes in circulation.

An 11-episode television anime adaptation by animation studio Nexus aired in Winter 2020. Crunchyroll simulcast the anime with English subtitles and a dub. Aniplex of America licensed the series and released it on Blu-ray in March 2021.

Synopsis
High school student Kaname Sudou receives an invitation from a classmate to play Darwin's Game, a mobile game he has never heard of. However, as soon as he opens the application, a green snake suddenly pops out from his phone screen and bites his neck, leaving him unconscious. Waking up in the infirmary without any signs of a snake bite, he is told by the school to take the rest of the day off. Although he is puzzled by what has happened, he dismisses the surreal experience as a hallucination and boards the train home.

Unfortunately, his curiosity gets the better of him and he uses the application once again. As the application appears to be just like any other battle game, Kaname breathes out a sigh of relief and decides to start his first match. However, the pleasant surprise is short-lived, as his in-game opponent unexpectedly appears right in front of him and attempts to hunt him down with a knife.

As he desperately runs for his life, Kaname puts two and two together and realizes that Darwin's Game is not an ordinary game, but rather, it's a brutal fight for survival. [Written by MAL Rewrite]

Source: Bessatsu Shounen Champion Official Twitter
DatRandomDudeAug 14, 2023 7:36 PM
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Aug 14, 2023 9:01 PM

Aug 2010
Was this any good? I heard the anime was underwhelming.
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Aug 14, 2023 9:43 PM

Dec 2022
malvarez1 said:
I am nearly 40 chapters in and it is fine. Its just that season 1 was animating the little boring stuff. You will like it if you like death games genre.

-Tohka is better than Kurumi. You can't change my mind. 

Aug 15, 2023 2:51 AM

Oct 2017
malvarez1 said:
Anime adaptation was okay, they changed stuff as it was probably a one season thing. I recommend just reading the manga.
Aug 15, 2023 5:33 AM

Feb 2021
I also don't like the anime. Plan to read the manga. Good news.
Aug 15, 2023 8:22 AM

Jan 2023
Sounds like the perfect time for me to finally read this. I like reading manga when they’re completely finished so I can just binge the entire thing. The anime was decent. I was hoping for a second season. Maybe we will finally get one now that the story is complete.
Aug 15, 2023 11:09 AM

Aug 2019
I can finally start reading it now... It's been on my ptr for quite some time

Aug 15, 2023 1:35 PM
tachiyomi homie
Jun 2021
malvarez1 said:

I'm 3 chapters away from completing Darwin's Game (apparently lol) and it's a great series with lots of cool abilities, great fights, and a fascinating plot. It's a "death game" style series for sure, but it's also much much more than that. Don't sweat the cliches too much, Darwin's Game is an excellent ride imo
Aug 17, 2023 7:36 PM

Aug 2010
Hmm, OK, manga it is then.
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Sep 12, 2023 7:38 AM

Jun 2011
Reply to malvarez1
@malvarez1 If you like shonen + death battle, I'd recommend this series. I personally love the anime, and the manga even more so. The OST is also amazing.

Also this might be a little bit of a spoiler, but I love this trope of

so I like this one a lot.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control

More topics from this board

» 'Overlord: Sei Oukoku-hen' Movie Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer, Fall 2024 Premiere

Doshigatai - Mar 22

5 by Entity72 »»
4 minutes ago

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

6 by DarkDooM2 »»
2 hours ago

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Apr 18

98 by RobertBobert »»
5 hours ago

» 'One Piece' Anime Gets Remake by WIT Studio ( 1 2 )

Hyperion_PS - Dec 17, 2023

81 by ExtremeT »»
10 hours ago

» Manga 'Oniichan wa Oshimai!' Gets TV Anime

Vindstot - Apr 21, 2022

44 by Lenoksu »»
Yesterday, 3:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.