Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Aug 3, 2023 1:18 PM
Aug 2023
Fa5P said:
Dmoneh said:
Animation is pretty mid. This episode was pretty boring visually, but did have some important plot points.

your definition of mid is pretty mid in of itself

Nah. The animation is just mid. Don’t get in your feelings. Thanks
Aug 3, 2023 1:18 PM
Sep 2020
ChuuritsuTv said:
This episode had a lot of cuts that look really rough, prolly because of bad schedule and not on purpose
still like it more than 1st season since the direction/storyboards actually look interesting

I'm not gonna defend the crowds tho
omg did they look bad

there were no cuts that looked ruff only stylised to 2 specific animators tastes/habilitys... its totally ok to not vibe with it but its defenitely not bad animation and the crowds were not bad I dont know what kind of standard you have for that but what we got was very above average and better than cgi crowds which people would still complain and objectively better than what the movie did in an animation and art direction point of view
Aug 3, 2023 1:19 PM
Sep 2020
Dmoneh said:
Fa5P said:

your definition of mid is pretty mid in of itself

Nah. The animation is just mid. Don’t get in your feelings. Thanks

nah Im totally fine andy eyes got checked recently, I advice you to do the same
Aug 3, 2023 1:20 PM

Jan 2021
How Geto became bad is incredibly funny.
Aug 3, 2023 1:21 PM
Dec 2022
You can clearly see how Geto starts losing himself throughout the episode. It's quite interesting how each of em decided to move forward and even if it seemed like the friendship was broken, in the movie Gojo still considers him his one and only best friend, in addition to Geto never actually harbouring bad feelings to the people at the school. Maybe not the ending I wanted but maybe is the one that was needed.
Aug 3, 2023 1:21 PM
Dec 2021
fantastic. pure extensions.
Aug 3, 2023 1:24 PM
Oct 2021
Jackieson36 said:
Who were the two girls with Geto? I recognize them as the girls from the village, but are they more significant other than that? No spoilers please just curious if they play a big role or not in the future of the show

they are the two girls that were with geto in the movie (mimiko & nanako)
Aug 3, 2023 1:24 PM
Dec 2022
phantomfandom said:
I won't comment on the story, the anime can't change what was written in the manga after all, so it's not gonna grant my wishes, but it's the director's skill that save the day. Like, the use of clapping sound at the moment the water pour down on Geto's naked skin, or when it's raining, isn't it genius?
It is an incredible way to show how everything goes back to that moment for Geto to make the choices he made. Perfect even if it hurts.
Aug 3, 2023 1:32 PM

Feb 2017
peak ep peak direction peak animation, my fav ep of JJK so far.
Aug 3, 2023 1:35 PM

Apr 2013
This was true Gosso cinema; the direction is nearly flawless every episode of s2 so far. Shame MAL became infested with sakugabros with absolutely shit takes though.

Anyway, cannot wait for Shibuya, we're going to eat good.
KneelBeforeMeAug 3, 2023 1:40 PM
Aug 3, 2023 1:38 PM

Jan 2021
A lot happened this episode. Gojo and Getou are now separated and Getou even killed his family and probably more as well. Gojo couldn't believe his eyes and he also found Megumi for the first time i think. Glad to see the old gang as well after a while. Next one marks the end of Hidden Inventory and the start of Shibuya.
Aug 3, 2023 1:44 PM
Feb 2023
atari2k said:
Confused_100 said:

Still frames and trying their best to hide even mouths is saying alot to me. I still love the season but I can’t help it when I see a nosedive in quality. Maybe it’s intentional like I said because it’s just a story episode basically.
did u see the part where Gojo was talking to Yaga? they did accurate mouth  movement for the specific things said?? also I recommend u rewatch the episode because its almost always moving and personally I can't find a moment where a character is completely still in the entire episode, everything has so much movement its insane.

When Geto was talking and understanding what he actually wants. Look at how the frames focus on characters not talking. That’s called “not trying”. They did no action episodes before. Like wow guys, I said i liked the episode but when I try to criticise, nope.
Aug 3, 2023 1:45 PM
Feb 2023
Fa5P said:
Confused_100 said:

Still frames and trying their best to hide even mouths is saying alot to me. I still love the season but I can’t help it when I see a nosedive in quality. Maybe it’s intentional like I said because it’s just a story episode basically.

bur there is no nose dive dude stop being stubborn god dammit... there were very few still shots and in a non-action episode is much more normal and digestable to have them so I really dont see a problem. And mouths?? Are we really going that deep?? Then once again I want to say that there were brilliant moments with character acting with animators using the mouth to convey more emotion in the characters.
I want to reiterate that you can have your subjective opinion on the episode but the comment about the animation is objectively wrong because you are basically putting down what is the most stylised episode of season 2 until now so each time the team go "out of the mold" (which unfortunately many already trash for it being less detailed) you will shit on their work???

You know I would have taken you seriously if you didn’t reply to the guy who said “mid” that seriously…
Aug 3, 2023 1:54 PM
Sep 2020
Confused_100 said:
Fa5P said:

bur there is no nose dive dude stop being stubborn god dammit... there were very few still shots and in a non-action episode is much more normal and digestable to have them so I really dont see a problem. And mouths?? Are we really going that deep?? Then once again I want to say that there were brilliant moments with character acting with animators using the mouth to convey more emotion in the characters.
I want to reiterate that you can have your subjective opinion on the episode but the comment about the animation is objectively wrong because you are basically putting down what is the most stylised episode of season 2 until now so each time the team go "out of the mold" (which unfortunately many already trash for it being less detailed) you will shit on their work???

You know I would have taken you seriously if you didn’t reply to the guy who said “mid” that seriously…

you do you man but his reply was exactly what I was expecting as he is the type of person to say some shit and not explain his point of view and neither does he seem to want to learn and discuss so no point but we were having a constructive conversation and although I am not an animation expert I know some stuff and just want to share the knowlegde and stop the spread of misinformation
Aug 3, 2023 2:04 PM

Jun 2017
Leysoh said:
DreadfulControl said:
This episode is an audio-visual disaster.
how can you say that when you have ping pong, one of the most visually-experimental anime in your favorites maaan i don't understand people sometimes

Experimental and low quality art are completely different things.
If you have time to think of a beautiful end, then live beautifully until the end.
” -Gintoki Sakata
Aug 3, 2023 2:05 PM
Sep 2019
bro what a dogshit anime this is slowly turning into, holy shit

dude decides to become an antagonist after hearing a single sentence from a random woman he's never met before?

come on, you are not even trying anymore, meeeh
Aug 3, 2023 2:05 PM

Jun 2017
Oongbuh said:
DreadfulControl said:
This episode is an audio-visual masterpiece.

Fixed it for you. No need to thank me.

Thank you Winston.
If you have time to think of a beautiful end, then live beautifully until the end.
” -Gintoki Sakata
Aug 3, 2023 2:12 PM

May 2013
getou dear............. i get it
Aug 3, 2023 2:13 PM
May 2021
Amazing, the cinematography is out of this world.
Aug 3, 2023 2:21 PM
Jul 2023
Confused_100 said:
atari2k said:
did u see the part where Gojo was talking to Yaga? they did accurate mouth  movement for the specific things said?? also I recommend u rewatch the episode because its almost always moving and personally I can't find a moment where a character is completely still in the entire episode, everything has so much movement its insane.

When Geto was talking and understanding what he actually wants. Look at how the frames focus on characters not talking. That’s called “not trying”. They did no action episodes before. Like wow guys, I said i liked the episode but when I try to criticise, nope.
saying its a nosedive in quality is hilarious though seeing as how this is objectively the most well animated and directed episode of jjk so far. 
Aug 3, 2023 2:21 PM
Oct 2022
Some scenes in this episode felt off,for me it the weakest episode this arc but it still good

Waiting for the return will be annoying
Aug 3, 2023 2:28 PM
Jan 2021
Great direction and use of shot transition to illustrate the how Geto left.
Aug 3, 2023 2:31 PM
Jul 2015
Oh the sound in that episode was so intense good 🤌 - The art is popping out like a art exhibit and all the feelings come true. Thanks once again, it’s so so nice to sit down with a cup coffee and just have some “me” time!
Aug 3, 2023 2:32 PM
Jun 2022
Man this episode is deep...
Aug 3, 2023 2:33 PM
Jul 2015
atari2k said:
Nycro said:
Okay im worried about Shibuya. This episode had alot of parts that just looked bad like the crowd walking.
oh my god are you fucking kidding me? this was the best looking episode from jjk and probably top 3 that has ever been put out by mappa. you people have to be trolling.

Yeah it’s was really good.
Aug 3, 2023 2:40 PM
Oct 2019
Hey, does anyone knows which song is playing from ca 07:14 to 09:21?? :D
Aug 3, 2023 2:42 PM
Nov 2021
PEAK KAISEN NOTHING NEW, THIS EPISODE IS CINEMA IN MANY ASPECTS, LIKE THE ART, 10/10 PEAK
Aug 3, 2023 2:44 PM

Jul 2022
Aaand just like that, it's over.

Geto picked a side, and now we know what happened that lead to Gojo's change in morals. Oh well...

Yeah except that now I feel like -I- went through that KFC breakup. Sad to see how, well, cheerful and gleeful and normal they designed it, like I get it, it was just another day for other people, but for Gojo & Geto, esp Gojo, it was quite traumatic (which we can also see in some flashbacks from the previous season I believe, where Gojos memories of the event are completely grim and dark, contrasting how the event itself actually looked).

An opinion that I didn't think I would form is that Geto is actually a somehow fuller, more fleshed out character as a villain, but it is possible that he would be so even if he chose the "path of the good forces". Still, one of my favourite villains and, um, spoiler (? not even, the movie came out wayy before this season) I absolutely hate how he *ended* and hope that Gege will pull something out of his ass and bring him back in the manga, at least slightly bc I am aware that he is irredeemable as a character.  BUT

I also have to add that the whole thing that happened to Geto, the trauma that he experienced that possibly could've been bridged over if he had support in those matters, and that he descended into madness a year later BECAUSE he did not have support, is what pushed into Gojo's brain that he HAS to become a true leader, because of his advantageous nature and abilities, and true leader is not the one who has many followers but the one who creates other capable leaders - the one who makes other strong, aka the conversation he had with little Megumi. He is dedicated to never allow people around him to be too far back and lose their way, like Geto did (yet if he didn't Gojo would not develop this way, you see it?) 
scorpioniclibraAug 3, 2023 2:58 PM
Aug 3, 2023 2:44 PM

Apr 2016
Geto's story is so tragic and messed up
Wrapping up the Gojo Past arc and back to the present day, five episodes in and the main trio finally appears!
It sucks there will be three weeks off after this but it should be worth the wait when we start the greatest arc in the series after this!
Aug 3, 2023 3:01 PM

Jan 2021
Oongbuh said:
DreadfulControl said:
This episode is an audio-visual masterpiece.

Fixed it for you. No need to thank me.

Nah, it was perfect how it was before.
Mar 2021
nanamis voice actor was phenomenal in the scene with haibara oml.
everything about this episode was perfect. I am salivating over this.
I'm loving the way the new art style looks on gumi, nobara and yuji, they all look so cuts (hopefully nothing bad happens to them this season...)

this was a 10/10 episode. I'm devastated.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 2021
kottala said:
nice. although Geto's transformation could have been done better

curious but how so??
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 3, 2023 3:05 PM
Mar 2023
Absolutely phenomenal episode. So poignant. I’m in love with the art style too. This beginning arc has truly been a treat.
Aug 3, 2023 3:09 PM

Aug 2022
This arc was so fucking great.
Aug 3, 2023 3:13 PM
Feb 2023
atari2k said:
Confused_100 said:

saying its a nosedive in quality is hilarious though seeing as how this is objectively the most well animated and directed episode of jjk so far. 

This is better than episodes 1,2,and 3? Capping much?
Aug 3, 2023 3:14 PM
Jul 2023
Confused_100 said:
atari2k said:

This is better than episodes 1,2,and 3? Capping much?
it most definitely is if you know what animation quality is lol. 
Aug 3, 2023 3:15 PM

Apr 2020
emredesu said:
bro what a dogshit anime this is slowly turning into, holy shit

dude decides to become an antagonist after hearing a single sentence from a random woman he's never met before?
media illiteracy in its purest form right here ladies and gentlemen

┌─❈❇❈─┐

└─❈❇❈─┘

Aug 3, 2023 3:16 PM
May 2022
When Yuki started explaining the two ways to get rid of curses, it really paved the way for Geto to go after the "third" choice. Has she appeared before or is this her first appearance in the anime? 
Although short, I loved this arc and it´s look at young teen Gojo and friends. Being the strongest is cool, but being alone kind of takes that feeling away, doesn´t it?
I´m enjoying this show a lot and cannot wait for the next arc to begin? I´ve heard some things, I found some others, so I kow it´s gonna be painfull, but that´s what we are here for, right?
Aug 3, 2023 3:19 PM

Aug 2012
I went from Chainsaw man to S01 of JJK, and I moderately enjoyed S01 but it was a little bland but still good - but it felt like it was missing the edge Chainsaw Man had direction and art wise. But this season has been a HUGE upgrade.

Everything got stepped up a notch. The directing is so much better. The fights and visuals are GRANDER, the art style looks more clean. Its just so much better. If this season keeps up like this way its definitely going to be x10 better then Season 01.
Aug 3, 2023 3:25 PM

Jan 2013
Didnt realize how weak and pathetic Geto was. Bro has no accountability for his short comings and loss to a human...lame no wonder his body gets hijacked after his bitch ass dies
Aug 3, 2023 3:39 PM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
This season is phenomenal wow, 10/10

Great ep. And really great job of showing why Geto changed sides. Everything makes a lot more sense now!!!

And it's SO NICE to see the first years again after so long!!
Aug 3, 2023 3:45 PM
Feb 2021
By far best jjk ep. Jjk s2 adaptation is so good man.
Aug 3, 2023 3:53 PM
Aug 2021
For me it's one of the best episodes in the history of animation.
Aug 3, 2023 3:56 PM
Aug 2023
fatimilla_z said:

Thats a huge stretch considering it was all talking and no action
Aug 3, 2023 4:06 PM
May 2019
OK I must say, the animation is just incredible! The first episode felt a bit off, but the last eps have been great. I hope it stays like this, if not better.
Aug 3, 2023 4:16 PM
Aug 2021
Dmoneh said:
fatimilla_z said:

Thats a huge stretch considering it was all talking and no action
Precisely because of that. The conversation between Geto and Tsukumo has been one of the best scenes I have ever seen. Deep, silent and absolutely enchanting. The lack of shadows, the gloomy atmosphere and then the rain sounding like the claps of the cult people, a sound that has chased Geto for so long... Absolutely magic, for me it was just amazing. 
But this is all my opinion, I don't pretend anyone to agree with me or anything ^^ 
Aug 3, 2023 4:23 PM

May 2014
I liked this episode the most so far, but I'm looking forward to going back to the main character guy. He's been gone since the end of season 1 and the movieeee. I'm still more invested in his quest than anything else I've seen going on.
Aug 3, 2023 4:25 PM

Jun 2019
For a few seconds there, it reminded me of some Monogatari style of scenes. Great episode.
Aug 3, 2023 4:26 PM
Nov 2019
I loved the direction in this episode. Having the rain in the background of Geto and Yuki's conversation sound a little like clapping was a great choice. That plus the shower scene really illustrates how much the end of last episode affected Geto.
Aug 3, 2023 4:31 PM
May 2022
This arc has been some of the best of the entire anime. Which I think is saying a lot. Lots of emotions and great directing and animation in these last episodes. And I’m excited to see how this pays off. Even if we have to wait until the end of August. Which we do.
Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Pre_Yum - Dec 28, 2023

533 by bargoukos »»
18 minutes ago

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

IzanaSolos - Nov 16, 2023

610 by Fiorno »»
Apr 26, 11:17 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Softhenic03 - Dec 21, 2023

242 by DoisacChopper »»
Apr 26, 4:44 PM

» I just love how Gojo edits have evolved (may contain spoilers)

Zyro_Plaze - Apr 20

15 by -starryskies- »»
Apr 26, 7:16 AM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Softhenic03 - Jul 20, 2023

550 by Artemis076 »»
Apr 25, 1:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.