Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 21, 2023 12:59 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
This is a friendly reminder that the deadline for Week 3 actions is quickly approaching!

Ace/Swap Here

Points counted this week:
- Members Watching (2x)
- Score

Points counted in Week 4:
- Members Watching
- Episode Discussions
- Dropped Members

Points counted in Week 5:
- Members Watching (2x)
- Favorites

Week 3 Anime Points
Points will be added here after they're out: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KapWnK1qqfuEPtqshSoXfsLqNGOBKBvMGXPoqDhTVhQ/htmlview
KinetaSep 29, 2023 11:18 PM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Jul 21, 2023 2:19 PM

Jan 2008
Nice I'm just shy of top 1000. I'm surprised by that
Jul 21, 2023 3:04 PM

Dec 2018
UberBat said:
haha i'm finally starting to get used to how to do this, i'm probably not doing very well right now but i'm having fun and learning so that's what matters. still, i really thought bungou stray dogs would have more followers and i think helck is a sneaky best of summer 2023, though idk if people realize it yet. then again that could just be my particular taste.
Jul 21, 2023 4:30 PM

Nov 2012
If I could figure out Ace, I'd be dangerous.  How it's explained to work and how I have experienced it working are worlds apart. 
Jul 21, 2023 8:07 PM

Sep 2021
i had aced Suki earlier but it's members are not over 80k yet can I Ace kekkon or just no one my team zom ,Suki,kekkon,bungou and rouronin?🤔🤔🤔
Jul 21, 2023 9:42 PM

Jan 2021
So uhh, I was mindlessly entering my swaps and aces in the last few weeks because I didn't think my team was any good...

But had to do a double take just now– how did I jump from 3011th to 64th in one round? 😳
My MALoween✟Mansion Candies:
Jul 22, 2023 12:07 AM

Jul 2021
i don't even know how to get a lower rank anymore. week 1 i was in 1000s and now i'm at 3044 even after correct aces and swaps. last time reached 201 but ended in 3000s. i don't think i can even think of getting a low rank this time around.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Jul 22, 2023 12:50 AM

Jul 2012
kunal_1301 said:
i had aced Suki earlier but it's members are not over 80k yet can I Ace kekkon or just no one my team zom ,Suki,kekkon,bungou and rouronin?🤔🤔🤔

Pick the one with the most points this week, that is less than 75k watching. Right now Kekkon has more points than Suki na ko ga Megane, so you can ace it. Just make sure it still has more points before the deadline and nothing overtakes it.
Jul 22, 2023 3:27 AM

Sep 2021
Samii said:
kunal_1301 said:

Pick the one with the most points this week, that is less than 75k watching. Right now Kekkon has more points than Suki na ko ga Megane, so you can ace it. Just make sure it still has more points before the deadline and nothing overtakes it.

ok thanks very much 😊
Jul 22, 2023 11:33 AM

May 2022
Caitlin8898 said:
So uhh, I was mindlessly entering my swaps and aces in the last few weeks because I didn't think my team was any good...

But had to do a double take just now– how did I jump from 3011th to 64th in one round? 😳
I assume you did not ace week 1. I only jumped  +646->167 could not ace last week due to  Suki na Ko ga Megane wo Wasureta> I should make top 100 this week I am guessing, since I have all top 5 shows.
Jul 22, 2023 7:21 PM

Jan 2018
StateofOhayo said:
UberBat said:
haha i'm finally starting to get used to how to do this, i'm probably not doing very well right now but i'm having fun and learning so that's what matters. still, i really thought bungou stray dogs would have more followers and i think helck is a sneaky best of summer 2023, though idk if people realize it yet. then again that could just be my particular taste.
The longer you play the better strategies you will come up with and more importantly the better you will get at gauging what the MAL community at large will watch. This will makes your teams much better from the outset. As far as bungou goes it will be a late game anime i think. Either the play will be to swap it in for weeks 10-13 or just week 13.
Jul 23, 2023 3:19 AM

Dec 2018
Konan_Edogawa_ said:
StateofOhayo said:
The longer you play the better strategies you will come up with and more importantly the better you will get at gauging what the MAL community at large will watch. This will makes your teams much better from the outset. As far as bungou goes it will be a late game anime i think. Either the play will be to swap it in for weeks 10-13 or just week 13.
thanks for the advice, i hope you're having fun too
Jul 23, 2023 6:44 PM

May 2021
I have aced an anime in week 3 but now I ace another anime in week 4 but the anime which receives most points was the anime aced in week 3 so do I my lose 5000 points ? 
Parag3Jul 23, 2023 6:47 PM
Jul 23, 2023 9:32 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
Parag3 said:
I have aced an anime in week 3 but now I ace another anime in week 4 but the anime which receives most points was the anime aced in week 3 so do I my lose 5000 points ? 
You should be fine, since the anime you need to ace needs to be the next available anime that you can pick.
Only time you would be penalized is if you aced an anime when another anime with the highest score that week hasn't been aced before or if you aced an anime that hit 75k members watching that week.
Jul 23, 2023 10:15 PM

Jan 2018
StateofOhayo said:
Konan_Edogawa_ said:
thanks for the advice, i hope you're having fun too
No problem! :). I notice that you are on my friends list by sheer coincidence so i was able to look at your team. You will get better quickly if you learn how to pick the best shows before the season starts.
Jul 24, 2023 1:28 AM

Jul 2012
MistyBlue said:
Parag3 said:
You should be fine, since the anime you need to ace needs to be the next available anime that you can pick.
Only time you would be penalized is if you aced an anime when another anime with the highest score that week hasn't been aced before or if you aced an anime that hit 75k members watching that week.

Actually, no. If the anime you aced before is still the highest and is still below 75k watching+completed members, you shouldn't ace the next highest. If you do you'll lose points, so you have to wait for another anime to be the highest or the previously aced anime passing 75k viewers.

@Parag3 if the anime you aced w3 had the most points that means your ace was successful. Now in w4 you should wait if the anime you aced in w3 is still the highest before acing any other anime.
Jul 24, 2023 3:04 AM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
Samii said:
MistyBlue said:

Actually, no. If the anime you aced before is still the highest and is still below 75k watching+completed members, you shouldn't ace the next highest. If you do you'll lose points, so you have to wait for another anime to be the highest or the previously aced anime passing 75k viewers.

@Parag3 if the anime you aced w3 had the most points that means your ace was successful. Now in w4 you should wait if the anime you aced in w3 is still the highest before acing any other anime.

Thank you for the correction. Wish this was made clearer in the official rules.
Jul 24, 2023 3:53 AM
Sep 2016
MistyBlue said:
Samii said:

Thank you for the correction. Wish this was made clearer in the official rules.
Literally what I thought last week. Ended up making this mistake last week and went from 23rd to 218th. Then, because I had already aced the anime everyone else is acing this week, I'm now down from 218th to 1698th. Quite annoying to fall so far because of vague rules that don't explain themselves well enough.
Jul 24, 2023 3:03 PM

Dec 2018
ah, i see. well i guess i'll just keep playing and learning. i think for this season i just picked things that interested me but maybe wouldn't be the most popular. i still think helck is going to end up super popular but probably not until much much later. actually, i think i want to watch the most recent episode again because it was really really funny.
Jul 31, 2023 12:46 AM

Jan 2021
Zoopiez said:
Caitlin8898 said:

I assume you did not ace week 1. I only jumped  +646->167 could not ace last week due to  Suki na Ko ga Megane wo Wasureta> I should make top 100 this week I am guessing, since I have all top 5 shows.
I can't remember, to be honest. I think I've actually aced every week. :')

I dipped last week because my team's not that strong and also because of some swapping antics. But I'm missing two of the top anime, so I'll take being 37th right now. This will be my greatest achievement, haha.
Caitlin8898Jul 31, 2023 11:13 AM
My MALoween✟Mansion Candies:
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Week 2: Ace/Swap Reminder & Discussion

Kineta - Apr 14

40 by anri_alien »»
Today, 1:42 AM

» I aced Kaiju No. 8 this week, is it still eligible?

spaceman777 - Apr 20

1 by Ax1om »»
Apr 20, 9:58 AM

» Week 1: Ace/Swap Reminder & Discussion

Kineta - Apr 7

13 by MistyBlue »»
Apr 13, 3:04 PM

» Week 12: Wildcard/Ace/Swap Reminder & Discussion

Kineta - Mar 24

9 by Zoopiez »»
Mar 31, 5:24 PM

» Week 11: Wildcard/Ace/Swap Reminder & Discussion

Kineta - Mar 17

12 by Zoopiez »»
Mar 18, 6:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.