Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Legend of the Galactic Heroes Die Neue These is the 3rd best profit maker for IG Port for 2023

New
Jul 15, 2023 12:45 AM

Jan 2009
this is the first data i know that shows how this show is selling well in Japan (or maybe the whole world since its the full profit) so good to know its not a flop

https://erzat.blog/slight-drop-in-sales-for-ig-port-for-fy2023-but-profit-climbed-to-a-record-high-of-763-million-yen-spy-x-family-was-the-best-performing-copyright-title/

https://twitter.com/Erzat110/status/1679926750548221952

degJul 15, 2023 12:49 AM
Jul 15, 2023 1:39 AM

Jul 2017
I hope this means we can get season 5 soon
Jul 15, 2023 5:37 PM
Aug 2019
I’m surprised. I thought this version of the story had only superficial improvements to the 80’s OVA. I also thought it took away little things here and there that were good. … and added in horribly placed exposition dumps in it’s dialogue AND a terrible character change.
Jul 15, 2023 7:19 PM
鋼鉄乙女

Aug 2016
The show is moderately popular within the older female demographic plus has quite a few extremely dedicated fans. I think the last seasons were definitely an improvement from the first, even if it pales in comparison to the OVA adaptation.

Even if it's not my cup of tea, I'm glad it exists with moderate success. Seeing more fanart, merch and new fans getting into LoGH is always good. Hope we get an announcement for a new season soon, the best part of the story will finally get adapted with updated visuals.
"Be excellent to each other, and party on, dudes!" - Bill & Ted´s Excellent Adventure

Check my introduction to Char´s Counterattack interest stack if you´re interested in watching UC Gundam. Also check my Legend of the Galactic Heroes OVA Chronological Watch Order for LoGH info!
Jul 15, 2023 7:31 PM

Jan 2011
im hoping fpr season 5, besides Reinhard is close to achieve his final form
Jul 16, 2023 6:53 AM
Mar 2021
i want season 5 😤
Nov 5, 2023 5:16 PM

Jan 2009
Nov 28, 2023 7:22 AM

Aug 2020
Reply to ghier
I’m surprised. I thought this version of the story had only superficial improvements to the 80’s OVA. I also thought it took away little things here and there that were good. … and added in horribly placed exposition dumps in it’s dialogue AND a terrible character change.
@ghier I actually thought the opposite.
Nov 28, 2023 1:57 PM
Aug 2019
@TRC_Randy Explain yourself
Nov 28, 2023 8:02 PM

Aug 2020
Reply to ghier
@TRC_Randy Explain yourself
@ghier i thought DNT is a better version of Lotgh than the original ova.
Nov 29, 2023 4:01 PM
Aug 2019
@TRC_Randy Why did you think it was better?

I would agree that it looks better more generally. I’d also agree that the voice acting and dialogue is paced way better. What else though?
Nov 29, 2023 7:46 PM

Aug 2020
Reply to ghier
@TRC_Randy Why did you think it was better?

I would agree that it looks better more generally. I’d also agree that the voice acting and dialogue is paced way better. What else though?
@ghier the animation particularly the background and the battle sequences. It felt like an actual eventful world than just a bunch of drawings that is the ova.

The latter has better character design tho.
Nov 29, 2023 8:24 PM
Aug 2019
TRC_Randy said:
@ghier the animation particularly the background and the battle sequences. It felt like an actual eventful world than just a bunch of drawings that is the ova.

I mean you’re right that the animation isn’t good in the OVA haha, so I guess there’s a difference in priorities.

I actually liked the style a bit more in the OVA though. The nail some battle sequences in a way that feels more like how space battles would be. The choice to minimize the amount of noise in particular is a key difference with the new adaptation.

The interior of the ships also feels more original. You know with the Greek pillars and vast open spaces. Most of what I saw in the new adaptation felt like generic space cruiser vibes.

And yeah, I just don’t think the new adaptation did a good job handling exposition and explanations. Some things they shortened which provided good context or made scenarios more interesting; other things they add awkwardly disrupt a scene … and they convey information that’s better left to the audience to glean for themselves anyway. Like there were things to do better from the OVA; don’t get me wrong. But idk, I guess they just didn’t realize what needed improvement beyond the obvious things like cleaner animation and direction.
Nov 30, 2023 12:29 AM

Aug 2020
Reply to ghier
TRC_Randy said:

I mean you’re right that the animation isn’t good in the OVA haha, so I guess there’s a difference in priorities.

I actually liked the style a bit more in the OVA though. The nail some battle sequences in a way that feels more like how space battles would be. The choice to minimize the amount of noise in particular is a key difference with the new adaptation.

The interior of the ships also feels more original. You know with the Greek pillars and vast open spaces. Most of what I saw in the new adaptation felt like generic space cruiser vibes.

And yeah, I just don’t think the new adaptation did a good job handling exposition and explanations. Some things they shortened which provided good context or made scenarios more interesting; other things they add awkwardly disrupt a scene … and they convey information that’s better left to the audience to glean for themselves anyway. Like there were things to do better from the OVA; don’t get me wrong. But idk, I guess they just didn’t realize what needed improvement beyond the obvious things like cleaner animation and direction.
@ghier no i think you're right. The ova's stylistically more original than DNT. I remember seeing someone calling it a generic Hollywood remake somewhere long ago. Thinking about it now they actually had a point.
Nov 30, 2023 4:56 AM
Aug 2019
@TRC_Randy I appreciate you conceding a bit there ☺️ I feel like I always end up forcing my opinion on others on this site whenever I criticize a show, so I end up way too heavy handed in backing up my criticisms. But this kind of interaction … it feels a lot nicer lol

I haven’t watched beyond the first 20ish episodes of DNT. Maybe I’ll give it another go to see if things get better than I felt it was.
Nov 30, 2023 7:01 AM

Aug 2020
ghier said:
@TRC_Randy I appreciate you conceding a bit there ☺️ I feel like I always end up forcing my opinion on others on this site whenever I criticize a show, so I end up way too heavy handed in backing up my criticisms. But this kind of interaction … it feels a lot nicer lol
ooh, THERE ARE nice people online brotha. There's hope for humanity still. And it will never die.

Besides, what you said is just pure fact. No use denying it.

ghier said:
I haven’t watched beyond the first 20ish episodes of DNT. Maybe I’ll give it another go to see if things get better than I felt it was.
me i've watched until ep 36 or the end of Gekitotsu (s3). Haven't seen s4.
TRC_RandyNov 30, 2023 7:09 AM

More topics from this board

» Should I watch the old/original series?

monad04 - May 12, 2018

23 by Brightless »»
Dec 16, 2023 11:15 AM

Poll: » Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu: Die Neue These - Kaikou Episode 11 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Aug 8, 2018

14 by Robbini »»
Oct 1, 2023 4:00 AM

Poll: » Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu: Die Neue These - Kaikou Episode 10 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Aug 8, 2018

12 by Robbini »»
Oct 1, 2023 3:28 AM

Poll: » Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu: Die Neue These - Kaikou Episode 12 Discussion

Mayuka - Aug 8, 2018

33 by Sun_Chan »»
Jun 30, 2023 11:48 AM

Poll: » Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu: Die Neue These - Kaikou Episode 9 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Aug 8, 2018

9 by Sun_Chan »»
Jun 30, 2023 10:17 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.