Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 5, 2023 8:03 AM

Jan 2023
It's very creative choice to have this much movement and non standard camera angles, making it stand out of the competition.

That being said, i really got lil dizzy after watching 3 min of the first episode. So the question is - am i the only soy-boy/crybaby here, or other people also experienced a lil bit of discomfort watching this?
Jul 5, 2023 8:06 AM

Jan 2023
Ps: i watched other high - movement shows (Demon slayer, 86, jujutsu kaisen to name a few) but didn't experience anything like that
Jul 5, 2023 8:10 AM

Nov 2016
Won't feel discomfort unless..

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 5, 2023 8:12 AM
Nov 2020
In my opinion, there's nothing inherently wrong with a lot of movement, but personally, I'm not a fan of excessive use of CGI in this anime. Initially, I found it cool how they incorporated CGI, but as they continued to rely heavily on it, it started to become a bit bothersome for me. Nonetheless, I will continue watching and hope that not all episodes are heavily influenced by CGI
Jul 5, 2023 8:18 AM
Dec 2020
You didn't get dizzy with JJK, DS and 86, because the average anime watcher expects over the top camera movements with action shows.

The average anime watcher doesn't expect it with rom coms, which makes it feel unusual.

You just need to get used to it.

I personally love the camera movements a lot, because the camera movements make me think about the head over heals figurative language for love. I don't know whether getting that message out of it was the director's intention though.
Jul 5, 2023 8:19 AM

Feb 2016
yeah same, it looks cool & very unique, but idk what wrong something about the movement give me motion sickness, might be the fish eye, parallax (in)consistency, or something else.

Infernalization said:

I personally love the camera movements a lot, because the camera movements make me think about the head over heals figurative language for love. I don't know whether getting that message out of it was the director's intention though.

i don't think it's related with the source material message, looking at previous anime works this is just studio's animation style. They did the same thing with any anime they recently work on.
likepandaJul 5, 2023 8:25 AM
Jul 5, 2023 8:27 AM

Jan 2023
While I only checked a minute of the first episode before having to do something, the camera movement is very very different compared to angles that everyone is used to. 

It’s definitely unique but it’s something that people will have to get used to seeing.

"You win this round. You doggies."
Jul 5, 2023 8:33 AM
Aug 2021
Not dizzy at all, but it did feel completely unnecessary. If you know anything about cinematography, you implicitly understand that the camera movement and position should be in service of the story beats and, as such, has the important function of visually aiding with highlighting and capturing the moments in a way that whatever is happening on screen is easily comprehended, especially in the case of characters during certain emotional states so that their feelings are reflected more clearly in conjunction with the acting.

A depressed or lonely character moment can be captured by a wide angle, far away shot to demonstrate the loneliness in an open space, for example.

This kind of camera work felt just like an uber-flex, as it was incredibly complex and superbly well-done, but also stands out like an out-of-place panty shot in an otherwise serious moment. It was a kind of fanservice to the extreme and it crashed hardly against what was going on. Shots that are so overdone in complexity can be useful in moments where the character is being super boastful or even for comedic ironic purposes, but it didn't do anything here as an introduction, especially when the monologue was so simplistic and stupid. The contrast wasn't even useful as a storytelling device.

It was one of the best displays of animation clout I have ever seen, it just was used poorly and drew too much attention to itself instead of being in service of the story, like I said in the beginning.
Jul 5, 2023 9:05 AM

Jul 2015
Dunno if they were trying to set up the mood, flex or prove something, either way it failed because it looked absolutely horrendous. Especially that fish eye lense closeup on literal PNG of grass, which didn't even flinched when someone walked over it.
They literally had to put an conscious effort to mess this up that bad.
And before you start praising this shit visuals, take a look at this:

Those shots are literally two seconds between eachother.
Yes, they are literally using stock assets, and here you can see how little effort they are putting by not even bothering to edit those ray of lights, which heavily stand out.
Not to even mention nonexisting shadows.
It was like that throughout the whole episode.
It's like putting a dish in a microwave and calling yourself a chef.
PiromyslJul 5, 2023 9:38 AM

Jul 5, 2023 9:06 AM

May 2023
yeah i felt that, bcz I'm get dizzy near the end. i hope they make it less in future ep
Jul 5, 2023 9:14 AM
Sep 2021
Nejeren said:
It's very creative choice to have this much movement and non standard camera angles, making it stand out of the competition.

That being said, i really got lil dizzy after watching 3 min of the first episode. So the question is - am i the only soy-boy/crybaby here, or other people also experienced a lil bit of discomfort watching this?

probably
i like those shots even if they serve no real purpose except just looking good

it's an average romcom so they are probably doing that to stand out from the rest
just my opinion
Enjoyer
Jul 5, 2023 9:34 AM
Dec 2021
Nejeren said:

That's Studio GOHANDS, I mean what else can I say 🤷‍♂️
Jul 5, 2023 9:38 AM
Aug 2022
I mean I agree the angles were weird af but I never got dizzy.
Jul 5, 2023 9:45 AM
Jul 2018
Definitely it’s different but not bad.
Jul 5, 2023 10:00 AM
Dec 2019
No you're not alone, I'm also a crybaby. AN ANNOYING ONE hehe~
To be honest, I never felt motion sickness before from an anime, videogame, VR, or a movie. Damn I watched Hardcore Henry at the theather (an action movie entirely in first person) and I was totally fine o.o''
Except for this anime *cough* *cough* >.>

In my opinion it didn't look bad. It looked WRONG. 
It felt like watching those AMVs in 4k 60fps mixed with the AI generated movies.
And the fisheye angles... look I get the artistic choice of it. Director-san tried to make it interesting and all, but this ain't a skate montage.

About the CGI, I can stand it, it's okay. I've seen worse ngl.
It would be nice if they reduces some unnecessary movements tho.

The background... looks like it has the RTX on lol. It's not that bad either but it doesn't do the characters justice, they seem flat. Even tho they have tons of details too.

BUT I HAVE HOPES! I MIGHT BE ANNOYING BUT I HAVE HOPES!
I'll keep watching it because it seems like a cute and light anime (at least until I puke)
It definitely has potential, and by the way I don't think it will ever get worse than this... RIGHT? :DD
Jul 5, 2023 10:12 AM

Apr 2020
i just had to take a break after the first 4 minutes because there was so much going on it genuinely made me overstimulated. i am sitting here about to cry because the animation was too much for my brain to process
Jul 5, 2023 10:17 AM
Feb 2023
I also kinda got that feeling at the first
Jul 5, 2023 10:35 AM
Apr 2021
Nejeren said:

Not really dizzy but little disturbed.But ngl it was majestic.
Jul 5, 2023 10:51 AM

Mar 2019
at least this camera movement is better than the one on W'z
Jul 5, 2023 11:10 AM

Jan 2013
I didn't get dizzy at all, but I did wonder what the fuck was happening on that entire walk into school, that shit looked awful.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Jul 5, 2023 1:20 PM

Aug 2011
NGL it reminds me of hentai static animations lmao
Jul 5, 2023 1:36 PM

Aug 2020
Very creative choice. I cant believe Gohands decided to try their hardest to give people motion sickness. The most anime ever.

...Seriously though, I really wish they got a different studio. This is like...one of the VERY few romantic subtext flirting manga I enjoy...
Keep scrolling
Jul 5, 2023 9:09 PM
Mar 2023
I think it was very interesting the camera angles and movements and quite enjoyed, but the amount of detail made me lose focus of the main story. I was to distracted with the details and so much stuff happening in the screen that I almost didn’t payed attention to what was happening.
I really like romance anime but I thought it was too much and the character were a bit boring. I hope the story gets better in the next episodes but overall it was just too much on the screen and too little on the characters development.
Jul 5, 2023 9:17 PM
Aug 2021
Watch the first episode of the 2nd season of Seitokai Yakuindomo. It's common for GoHands to do this on an anime they are giving their lives to do, so it should be expectable. It's one of those unique things that each studio has, they probably will only use this on the first episode or important moments
Jul 5, 2023 9:21 PM
Feb 2018
I don't expect the excessive CG to return at all. Is kinda common nowadays to show off in the first episode to go normal right after.
Nov 9, 2023 2:58 PM

Jan 2020
Reply to Piromysl
Dunno if they were trying to set up the mood, flex or prove something, either way it failed because it looked absolutely horrendous. Especially that fish eye lense closeup on literal PNG of grass, which didn't even flinched when someone walked over it.
They literally had to put an conscious effort to mess this up that bad.
And before you start praising this shit visuals, take a look at this:

Those shots are literally two seconds between eachother.
Yes, they are literally using stock assets, and here you can see how little effort they are putting by not even bothering to edit those ray of lights, which heavily stand out.
Not to even mention nonexisting shadows.
It was like that throughout the whole episode.
It's like putting a dish in a microwave and calling yourself a chef.
@Piromysl, Yandere Simulator from 2015 be like…

More topics from this board

» From where to start manga?

sb-ishan-99 - Mar 23

5 by MazeCuber »»
Mar 23, 1:45 PM

Poll: » Suki na Ko ga Megane wo Wasureta Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 4, 2023

429 by Humaneky »»
Mar 5, 5:25 PM

Poll: » Suki na Ko ga Megane wo Wasureta Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 26, 2023

112 by RGreatDanton »»
Mar 1, 6:59 PM

Poll: » Suki na Ko ga Megane wo Wasureta Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 19, 2023

75 by RGreatDanton »»
Mar 1, 6:41 PM

Poll: » Suki na Ko ga Megane wo Wasureta Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 12, 2023

86 by RGreatDanton »»
Mar 1, 5:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.