Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jul 13, 2023 9:37 PM
May 2017
I would have liked to watch this a few days ago but the subs on my site went bad Lol

Overall this series was well put together. The romance and their struggles were realistic, the rest of the cast were cool in their own unique ways, and the astronomy and photography aspects were neat. I normally don't like slice of life that much, but this and skip to loaf were exceptions this time. Both good shows

8/10 
Jul 14, 2023 2:17 AM
Apr 2021
Fuck man I always feel sad every time I finish an anime and this one wasn’t different

I loved Nakami’s character development from the first episode to the final episode he really improved and I never feel about this for the guy in a romance anime tbh🥹, Nakami was a really chill nice person who’s displays authentic human behaviour like his anxiety and all that

And Isaki was a bundle of joy everytime she’s on the screen, while she’s says some Debby downer stuff she’s still a bright person regardless of the problems she’s dealing with internally🥹 And Isaki hiding her face is SO CUTE when she blushes😭

I’ll miss this show and although this season ended off on a good note I hope for a season 2 tbh since the manga is still going😫
Treyv0nJul 14, 2023 2:23 AM
Jul 14, 2023 4:03 AM
Nov 2020
Man it was really superb to hear that he won the contest and ne proposed/ "asked her out" but damn 😂 we didn't get the answer yet but we kn how's she gonna answer say it..... it was really tension built up in me till episode 12 but this laste episode just cleared everything and I hope it gets S2 soon ....
Jul 15, 2023 1:49 PM

Jan 2012
And so we end with a kidnapping, a confession, and insomnia that no longer seems so bad.

So I've never read the source manga for this, but it is by the same author as Fujiyama-san wa Shishunki, which I have read in its entirety. I loved that series and wish that had gotten the anime adaptation instead. I knew this going in so it was hard to remain objective about this series as I watched it, but I must admit this was a solid romance series. Not my personal favorite of Spring, or the year, but possibly the objective best. It definitely felt the most mature of any I watched, which may sound weird given the character's ages. But I dunno, it somehow just did. It's fitting too that this was the last of my Spring shows I finished. Ending a season from 2023, the year of the romance anime...with a romance anime. I'd watch more, with one concern: please for the love of god don't use Magari's heart issues as a way to bring in tragedy. That never plays well with me. But yeah, that aside this was a solid 8/10.
Jul 15, 2023 4:00 PM

Mar 2015
My expectations coming into this show wasn't all that great, but this one turned out to be a gem. It's a very heartwarming show. 9/10
Jul 18, 2023 1:19 PM

Jun 2019
This show was so special to me. I loved every second of it. Ganta x Magari for life. They are so cute. That confession was so adorable.
Jul 19, 2023 8:30 PM

Dec 2022
Ok this show was actually surprisingly good despite my low expectations so i'll give this a 8/10 yuh.
Hope season 2 will be amazing whenever that comes out in the future.

Jul 20, 2023 3:59 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Honestly, I thought this anime was super boring. It was cozy and all, which was what I was hoping for, but it just couldn't hold my interest at all. I like that they took their time and everything and I actually appreciate how much Nakami grew. I liked that they found a motivation together and explored that. Yet this anime didn't resonate with me as much as I wanted it to. Like it's all there, but it was just boring for me. I'm glad that others seem to have liked it though. Visually it was nice too, but just like with games, nice graphics are just a little plus. It's about interesting gameplay for me, and I just wasn't hooked. I'm super picky about romance though, so I guess I'm not surprised.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Jul 20, 2023 3:16 PM
Oct 2022
Oh my god how was this show so cute
Jul 23, 2023 6:51 AM

Jun 2020
7-8/10. The main relationship was really nice but there was some boring parts, not even atmospheric, just pretty boring. And the whole meteor shower arc seemed really pointless, aside from that it was a great watch and the way the characters developed felt really natural
Jul 24, 2023 6:08 PM
Jun 2020
no se apegó al manga
Jul 25, 2023 11:11 AM
Sep 2022
amazing anime I'm excited for second season
Jul 30, 2023 9:05 AM
Apr 2021
very wholesome anime... the character development and building was very good and at the end wow i cant get satisfied more.... i am very happy since i was going to hostel and i cant watch any other series so i wanted to watch a whole some feel goos romance and it was a perrrrrrrrrffffectttt....
Aug 1, 2023 5:19 AM
Jun 2023
Laverdad que es una historia muy buena, la forma en que le pudieron dar algo de forma al imsomnio estubo muy bien
Sep 18, 2023 2:42 PM

Sep 2017
"He used to be insufferable, but now he's slightly less insufferable." Lmao took the words right out of my mouth, Kani. Definitely securing her best girl status.

Anyway I liked this last arc a lot more than the rest of the show. Ganta was a bit of an edge lord and as asshole. Plus him freaking out and running away over the meteor show being cancelled due to the weather was very immature. There's still a ton of trauma that needs resolving with him and his family but I suppose that is for the next season if there will be one. For whatever reason I couldn't really empathize with him during the earlier parts of the show, which is why I was so excited when he finally started talking about his shit. Too bad it was interrupted with a kiss. But anyway I think the show is redeemed quite a bit with the final arc.
Oct 18, 2023 6:38 AM
Jul 2020
love is beautyfull
Oct 29, 2023 7:24 AM
Oct 2016
I love romance this show
Nov 7, 2023 12:37 PM
Nov 2023
Loved the first season, I can relate to the photography side being a photographer myself and it inspired me to go out and try astrophotography by myself. I also love the relationship between the 2 characters as it reminds me of my own with my girlfriend in a way :)
Nov 20, 2023 9:02 PM
Oct 2023
So so amazing, one of my favorite slice of life of all time! I never write reviews but this anime deserved it. I will not write an essay but if you enjoy slice of life then watch this anime. BTW the opening is so good, gets me every time!
Dec 5, 2023 8:48 AM

Dec 2022
Decent romance anime with a neat artstyle. I wasn't necessarily impressed with the plot or interactions, but they were serviceable enough. Have to say that Ganta is a difficult protagonist to get a read on.

Shaded Horizon

Dec 25, 2023 2:21 AM
Nov 2019
Reply to Ishitateso
And then they fu...
...furthered their studies of the starry sky. The End.

It was a nice, wholesome anime. 7/10

There is enough material for a second season, so who knows, maybe we will meet with them again in the future.
@Ishitateso you spelled "10/10” wrong.
Dec 25, 2023 3:45 AM

May 2015
Reply to AK-Venom
@Ishitateso you spelled "10/10” wrong.
@AK-Venom I don't dish out 10/10-es so easily. 7/10 is a pretty good score for a good anime.
IshitatesoDec 25, 2023 3:57 AM
Feb 24, 8:48 PM
Apr 2021
Best end of a romantic anime
Mar 19, 6:58 PM
May 2023
Sweet and cute. A little slow in certain parts of the show but I watched it a few months ago and just forgot to adjust the list so my feelings on it aren't pretty accurate.
Mar 25, 7:29 PM
Nov 2018
This was cuter than a mf I'm geekin
Mar 27, 2:03 PM
Jul 2021
I need a season 2 ;(
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» So… still nothing about season 2?

A-lil-weeb-dog - Feb 8

17 by saketsahu »»
Yesterday, 2:26 AM

» Anyone else want to try out astrophotography after watching this?

D-A-W - Apr 13

1 by kartik111 »»
Apr 24, 11:24 AM

Poll: » Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jun 19, 2023

147 by D-A-W »»
Apr 12, 12:12 PM

Poll: » Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Jun 12, 2023

84 by D-A-W »»
Apr 12, 11:41 AM

Poll: » Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Jun 5, 2023

73 by D-A-W »»
Apr 12, 10:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.