Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jun 27, 2023 4:51 AM
Aug 2021
I saw that people hate this anime very much.So,I watched it out of curiosity and I just don't get why you people hate it so much?It's such a beautiful show about self growth and loving your sister.This anime is great and it sure deserves a 2nd season.I hope one day we will get one and I'll get to see
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 27, 2023 4:57 AM

Jul 2021
CORRECT. YOU SIR. ARE CORRECT. GOOD OPINION. SO TRUE.
wizdom224Jun 28, 2023 1:06 PM
Jun 27, 2023 5:19 AM
Aug 2017
No it doesn’t gang😭
Jun 27, 2023 5:20 AM

Apr 2023
100% agree. I love this show.
Jun 27, 2023 5:26 AM
Jan 2022
Mehedi_Ackerman said:
I saw that people hate this anime very much.So,I watched it out of curiosity and I just don't get why you people hate it so much?It's such a beautiful show about self growth and loving your sister.This anime is great and it sure deserves a 2nd season.I hope one day we will get one and I'll get to see

And thats the problem people don’t like the brother sister shipments in anime’s
Jun 27, 2023 5:31 AM
Nov 2022
Mehedi_Ackerman said:

Most hate comes from the gigguk video.
Jun 27, 2023 5:37 AM
Aug 2021
RopeBuny said:
Mehedi_Ackerman said:

People can't even choose what to like or dislike by themselves.They will shit on a show because their favorite YouTuber said so.It's very annoying.
Jun 27, 2023 5:38 AM
Nov 2022
Mehedi_Ackerman said:
RopeBuny said:

People can't even choose what to like or dislike by themselves.They will shit on a show because their favorite YouTuber said so.It's very annoying.

I absolutely agree. And this applies to many different problems.
Jun 27, 2023 5:38 AM
Aug 2021
Rock-star said:
Mehedi_Ackerman said:

And thats the problem people don’t like the brother sister shipments in anime’s
Well,if they don't like it why not just ignore it.
Jun 27, 2023 5:41 AM

Oct 2021
That's the thing sir, some people don't like this "loving your sister" the same way you do.
Jun 27, 2023 5:42 AM
Oct 2020
Absolutely my good sir. I've been planning to read the LN for it, but I would love to see it in anime too.
Jun 27, 2023 5:46 AM

Jul 2015
Yes!
It might be peak trash, but it is still a masterpiece!
People seem to hate incest themes, because Okasaan online received the same treatment.

Jun 27, 2023 5:54 AM
Aug 2021
EdgyLord666 said:
That's the thing sir, some people don't like this "loving your sister" the same way you do.
Well,If people can't even differentiate between fiction and reality they shouldn't watch it then.People are just hypocrites.They love movies like John Wick(I don't hate it.Just using it as an example)where the MC kills people randomly.They can support a mass murderer but they can't endure a little bit of "loving your sister"
Jaaku_na_NekoJun 27, 2023 5:57 AM
Jun 27, 2023 6:32 AM
Degenerate Soda

Nov 2017
Absolutely, this trash needs more love
Jun 27, 2023 6:41 AM

Sep 2017
I will admit I liked this show more than I expected to when I watched it. Blonde girl was a great character.
I wish more people watched Chobits.
Jun 27, 2023 6:51 AM
Jun 2023
BRO, ITS LITERALLY ABOUT THE SIBLINGS STARTING TO DEVELOP A NON-PLATONIC RELATIONSHIP. IDC IF THEY “ARENT TECHNICALLY RELATED”, ITS WEIRD. PLUS, THEY KEEP SEXUALIZING LITTLE KIDS THAT ARE ONLY BETWEEN 11 AND 15. IT DOES NOT NEED A SECOND SEASON
Jun 27, 2023 7:06 AM

Jul 2022
I definitely agree. Too much hate from the community. I think that most of them hate it just because everyone else do so, but they don’t really hate it. It’s not a masterpiece of course, but it’s not that bad
Jun 27, 2023 7:13 AM
Sep 2021
didn't like it, didn't hate it either. I rated it 6/10 I think
Jun 27, 2023 7:18 AM

Feb 2021
Tbh I'd rather just read the light novels at this point
Jun 27, 2023 8:01 AM
Jul 2020
no tf it doesn’t 😭😭
Jun 27, 2023 8:02 AM

Feb 2023
Okay I respect your opinion, but this show clearly has a lot of flaws. If you are looking for a genuine good show about self-growth and loving your sister I suggest you watch Oreimo. It’s made by the same creator and it is 100 times better than Ero Manga Sensei.

I did enjoy Ero Manga Sensei, there were a lot of fun characters, the animation is good, and the MC is not that bad. I feel like the one glaring issue with this anime is Sagiri. I just grew not to like her. She acted very selfish and childish throughout the show with no sense of remorse or character growth. Also I personally feel like she was terribly written. Having her “bed-ridden” the entire show and not interacting with the outside world was such a poor choice, and it did not really make her character stand out or exciting. She is also very needy and possessive with Masamune, which was very annoying.

The other two girls were really fun and cool. Elf-sensei was my favorite and she had the best chemistry with the MC. They related with each other more and her love for him felt genuine.

Unfortunately, the one killing point of this anime was how the MC was eventually written. This dude confesses his love for his sister(not platonic, very explicitly romantic) in fricking ep 3. Like what the hell? Sagiri even hears this and now their entire relationship is super awkward just out of nowhere. Dude has been going after this sister for the longest time with the silliest reason of “love at first sight” bs. This sort of bs is so dumb for harem-esque shows since we have these way better girls that go after the MC but he is hellbent on choosing his m-fricking sister??? He is so stupid. He has no chemistry with her, it's just bad writing. Oh and the worst part, is this convoluted plot where he met Sagiri before since she was his first fan and they fall in love with each other from then on. What???

Pointers are that OP and ED are hella good. Sagiri’s design and dance are good.
Glaring Issue: Her character is just so badly written. The plot is just destined for Masamune to end up with Sagiri for the most BS reason with very little chemistry with each other. I feel bad for Elf-sensei :’(

To be fair the LN might be better, but the anime just did a very poor job.

TL:DR If you like Ero Manga Sensei, please give Oreimo a watch, Oreimo is such a good show and does everything that Ero Manga Sensei does so much better.
I feel like the hate for this show just comes down to the sister-brother relationship. Shows involving this theme will always receive hate. But personally, that is not the main issue for the show for me.
I love Oreimo, one of my favorite anime. So it’s kinda sad seeing the creator make the worst show. I kinda have a love/hate relationship with Ero Manga Sensei, but I’ll give my most honest rating.

Ero Manga 5/10
SharkLord777Jun 27, 2023 1:05 PM
Jun 27, 2023 8:14 AM

Feb 2023
Nommal said:
SharkLord777 said:
Okay I respect your opnion, but this show clearly has a lot of flaws. If you are looking for a genuine good show about self-growth and loving your sister I suggest you watch Oreimo. It’s made by the same creator and it is 100 times better than Ero Manga Sensei.

I did enjoy Ero Manga Sensei, there were a lot of fun characters, the animation is good, and the MC is not that bad. I feel like the one glaring issue with this anime is Sagiri. I just grew not to like her. She acted very selfish and childish throughout the show with no sense of remorse or character growth. Also I personally feel like she was terribly written. Having her “bed-ridden” the entire show and not interact with the outside world was such a poor choice, and it did not really made her character stand out or exciting. She is also very needy and possesive with Masamune, which was very annoying.

The other two girls were really fun and cool. Elf-sensei was my favorite and she had the best chemistry with the MC. They related with each other more and her love for him felt genuine.

Unfortunately, the one killing point of this anime was how the MC was evetually written. This dude confesses his love to his sister(not platonic, very explicitly romantic) in fricking ep 3. Like what the hell? Sagiri even hears this and now their entire relationship is super awkward just out of no where. Dude has been going after this sister for the longest time with the silliest reason of “love at first sight” bs. This sort of bs is so dumb for harem-esque shows since we have these way better girls that go after the MC but he is hellbent on choosing his m-fricking sister??? He is so stupid. He has no chemsitry with her, its just bad writting. Oh and the worst part, is this convoluted plot where he met Sagiri before since she was his first fan and they fall in love with each other from then on. What???

Glaring Issue: Her character is just so badly written. The plot is just destined for Masamune to end up with Sagiri for the most BS reason with very little chemsitry with each other. I feel bad for Elf-sensei :’(

To be fair the LN might be better, but the anime just done a very poor job.

TL:DR If you like Ero Manga Sensei, please give Oreimo a watch, Oreimo is such a good show and does everything that Ero Manga Sensei does so much better.

I feel like the hate for this show just comes down to the sister-brother relationship. Shows involving this theme will always receive hate. But personally, that is not the main issue for the show for me.

Ero Manga 5/10

I see that you have been waiting for this moment for a long time

What can I say. I’m a big fan of the creator and artist for Ero Manga Sensei. :3
Jun 27, 2023 8:45 AM
Jan 2022
Onii-chan needs more love.
Jun 27, 2023 8:56 AM

Apr 2023
The people complaining about Sagiri being bratty clearly don’t have little sisters. If they did they would understand.
SwagsOnBJun 27, 2023 8:59 AM
Jun 27, 2023 9:00 AM
Jan 2023
I would love to see more content for this anime regardless of what others say the interactions between the 2 is what makes it great
Jun 27, 2023 9:00 AM
Mar 2023
As a bonafide lolicon, I agree
Jun 27, 2023 9:25 AM

Jul 2015
Nommal said:
SharkLord777 said:
Okay I respect your opnion, but this show clearly has a lot of flaws. If you are looking for a genuine good show about self-growth and loving your sister I suggest you watch Oreimo. It’s made by the same creator and it is 100 times better than Ero Manga Sensei.

I did enjoy Ero Manga Sensei, there were a lot of fun characters, the animation is good, and the MC is not that bad. I feel like the one glaring issue with this anime is Sagiri. I just grew not to like her. She acted very selfish and childish throughout the show with no sense of remorse or character growth. Also I personally feel like she was terribly written. Having her “bed-ridden” the entire show and not interact with the outside world was such a poor choice, and it did not really made her character stand out or exciting. She is also very needy and possesive with Masamune, which was very annoying.

Unfortunately, the one killing point of this anime was how the MC was evetually written. This dude confesses his love to his sister(not platonic, very explicitly romantic) in fricking ep 3. Like what the hell? Sagiri even hears this and now their entire relationship is super awkward just out of no where. Dude has been going after this sister for the longest time with the silliest reason of “love at first sight” bs. This sort of bs is so dumb for harem-esque shows since we have these way better girls that go after the MC but he is hellbent on choosing his m-fricking sister??? He is so stupid. He has no chemsitry with her, its just bad writting. Oh and the worst part, is this convoluted plot where he met Sagiri before since she was his first fan and they fall in love with each other from then on. What???

Glaring Issue: Her character is just so badly written. The plot is just destined for Masamune to end up with Sagiri for the most BS reason with very little chemsitry with each other. I feel bad for Elf-sensei :’(

To be fair the LN might be better, but the anime just done a very poor job.

Ero Manga 5/10

Or just ChatGPT helped out.

Jun 27, 2023 9:44 AM
Nov 2022
Piromysl said:
Nommal said:

Or just ChatGPT helped out.

Maaan. Your like a lightblub that just shined in my brain. I’ll definitely use this in the future.
Jun 27, 2023 11:04 AM
Oct 2022
Agreed. Love this show.
Jun 27, 2023 11:45 AM
Apr 2023
I like the series as a whole but the dynamic of a brother a little sister writing ecchi shit together is a just a bit weird to me
Jun 27, 2023 12:36 PM
Nov 2020
Tbh it's so much fun idc about other people since it's just a fictional work so take it.
Jun 27, 2023 12:39 PM
Nov 2020
Mehedi_Ackerman said:
RopeBuny said:

True, I'm greatful that i hadn't watched any negative video about this and hope into anime without knowing anything and tbh i like it. i had fun watching this back than
Jun 27, 2023 1:16 PM

Aug 2020
You already have the biggest anime youtuber praising it (a absolute dogwater take btw). And you want more? Its not even a layered incest anime like Oreimo tried to be.
Keep scrolling
Jun 27, 2023 2:11 PM
Sep 2019
most of it was fine. but the parts that most people are uncomfortable with are pretty justifiable. it's like asterotte's toy or something. nice and cute and fine unless you actually think about the main point driving the plot.
Jun 27, 2023 4:29 PM
May 2021
It's really bad stop
Jun 27, 2023 8:10 PM
Feb 2021
Mehedi_Ackerman said:

bruh what is wrong with you💀
Jun 27, 2023 8:15 PM
Aug 2020
I agree this anime need of a second season
Jun 27, 2023 8:17 PM
Apr 2022
I love this series and really wish we saw more…
Jun 27, 2023 10:20 PM
Aug 2021
JetAway said:
Mehedi_Ackerman said:

But ironically the opposite is true. People will hate on a show's haters because it is popular to do so. Whether the show is good or not is a separate question entirely. To which the answer is no, it's not a good show.
Just because you think the show is bad doesn't mean that other people can't like it
Jun 27, 2023 10:24 PM
Aug 2021
RockyRoo said:
BRO, ITS LITERALLY ABOUT THE SIBLINGS STARTING TO DEVELOP A NON-PLATONIC RELATIONSHIP. IDC IF THEY “ARENT TECHNICALLY RELATED”, ITS WEIRD. PLUS, THEY KEEP SEXUALIZING LITTLE KIDS THAT ARE ONLY BETWEEN 11 AND 15. IT DOES NOT NEED A SECOND SEASON
Chill bro 😐 It's just a fictional story.You don't need to take it seriously
Jun 27, 2023 10:32 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
Even if you took away the incest (which is somehow even more tacked on then something like Citrus). What does it have going for it exactly?

Harem anime are a determent because there is no anticipation. You just have a bunch of girls lining up for some mediocre chump who could be swapped out with any other black haired dumbass who has 0 personality.

At least Ore no Imouto was honest and had a pulse. Just watch that, instead of it's copy pasta look-a-like.
Jun 27, 2023 10:32 PM
Jun 2021
If this gets another season, I hope ClariS gives us another banger op.
Jun 27, 2023 10:47 PM
Aug 2021
JetAway said:
Mehedi_Ackerman said:
Chill bro 😐 It's just a fictional story.You don't need to take it seriously

says the guy who likes the incest p*do story. I'm not apologizing
What are you??A 12 years old??You should know the difference between fiction and reality.How will you feel if I say that Death Note is trash because the MC is a terrorist.Will that make any sense?
Jaaku_na_NekoJun 27, 2023 11:09 PM
Jun 28, 2023 12:43 AM
Mar 2020
RockyRoo said:

Yeah the scene where she wears a 2 piece is weird asf.
Jun 28, 2023 11:56 AM
Dec 2022
Yes i wanna see some loli girl pull down another loli girls panties
Jun 28, 2023 1:25 PM
Feb 2019
RockyRoo said:

Perfect. Based behaviour, gotta love it.
Jun 28, 2023 2:15 PM
Aug 2022
bro this anime is funny okay but it's not that good I think there are lots of shows that better than this
Jun 28, 2023 2:52 PM
Aug 2020
Watched long time ago. Hmm well its fun anime to watch, im okay as long no lines been crossed. It was interesting tbh to pass time, needs more love idk man, if u enjoyed it u dont need other ppl aproval xd.
Jun 28, 2023 3:14 PM

Apr 2020
It got enough ...."Love"....from it's fans. Dont worry...
Jun 28, 2023 3:26 PM

Mar 2013
Not going to lie, I am actually not that big a fan of this anime despite my imoutosexual ways. I do not think it is horrible, by the way. Emily Granger AKA ELf Yamada AKA the best girl of the series is pretty fun, but well...this series is really quite inferior to Oreimo in every other way. I just do not find it as funny or as meaningful or as thoughtful. It just exists, and if were noit for its quality art style and animation really quite forgettable.

I think part of the issue for me is the fanservice and me not simply liking Sagiri as an imouto or a character. Part of the other is that their relationship is so poorly written. I am not sure about you, but I think this anime would have benefited from being a slow burn, instead of Masamune falling in love with Sagiri because she is...cute?  Really? They could not make her cuter? Finally, Sagiri is too sexualized in the dumbest ecchi situations outside of My Sister, My Writer

If it was not for the reasonable artstyle, the reasonable animation, or for the author's previous credentials, I do not think this anime would have gotten the traction or fame it had. Sorry, but this is just the run of the mill ecchi comedy, but with passable characters; Oreimo is superior to it in everyway by such a large margin that I rather just watch that, or read Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai: Ayase If.
PeripheralVisionJun 28, 2023 3:30 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Eromanga-sensei Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 3, 2017

177 by Sagirii »»
Apr 11, 10:02 AM

Poll: » Eromanga-sensei Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 8, 2017

262 by slepice24 »»
Apr 10, 12:03 PM

Poll: » Eromanga-sensei Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 27, 2017

167 by Matheus050 »»
Feb 13, 9:07 AM

Poll: » Eromanga-sensei Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2017

330 by AkihitoZero1224 »»
Jan 28, 6:05 AM

Poll: » Eromanga-sensei Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 20, 2017

165 by Matheus050 »»
Jan 27, 7:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.