Forum Settings
Forums
New
How will you rate the exposition of this film
Jun 16, 2023 11:04 PM

Jul 2021
See I know this is a Shonen film and all but even for Shonen standards this film cared too little about exposition, it didn't introduce the circumstances and dive deep into the motivation of the villains to make me care.  it felt like the film was just rushing to the climax without steadily building it up to make it hit much harder.  There was no room to breathe, no emotional moment,  to add depth to the fights.

There were so many  fights in this film that I can't really tell the difference between the climax and anything else in this movie. 

Because the film started with a fight and continued to do so every 7 mins by the time I reached the climax with ASTA vs Wizard king guy(if they gave a backstory instead of Julius just mentioning his predicament at the end maybe I would have remembered his name)

it just felt bland and overdone by then , I don't know if it's only me that has the problem 

Imo if the movie used the first 20mins for character interactions and/or backstories before the first rising action I would have appreciated it a lot better.

Btw I know most people will say this is just eye candy just enjoy it ,but come on this is the first BC movie it was delayed twice can't blame me for expecting something more 🤷‍♂️
Cestlavie_Jun 16, 2023 11:18 PM
Jun 16, 2023 11:06 PM
I love femboys.

Sep 2022
it was enjoyable and better than JJK 0 by a bit.
𝙊𝙣𝙚 𝙋𝙞𝙚𝙘𝙚 𝙥𝙖𝙘𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙞𝙨 𝙥𝙚𝙧𝙛𝙚𝙘𝙩𝙡𝙮 𝙛𝙞𝙣𝙚. - 𝙕𝙖𝙘𝙝
Jun 16, 2023 11:17 PM
Apr 2021
The villain just felt like your standard "want to destory the world" type. They gave us hype fights that I couldn't emotionally invest in.Wish they could have added more depth rather than just throwing flashy animation at us.. Was still good though
Jun 16, 2023 11:26 PM

Aug 2022
yeah animation and fights were good but they just showed little flashbacks of villains. like the pink hair girl was always left alone. Conrad's family was killed. villain #2 and #4 were waiting chained in the forest. but it was not enough to get emotionally interested in any character.

Jun 17, 2023 12:10 AM
Oct 2018
ThePrinceOfAcid said:

Ain't no way you believe that lmfao. JJK 0 is clear by astronomical distances
Jun 17, 2023 12:13 AM
Oct 2018
Fights were amazing but it felt like fights was the only thing in the entire movie.
Jun 17, 2023 12:17 AM
I love femboys.

Sep 2022
Nik03178 said:
ThePrinceOfAcid said:

Agree to disagree. Demon Slayer Movie clears both lol. 
𝙊𝙣𝙚 𝙋𝙞𝙚𝙘𝙚 𝙥𝙖𝙘𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙞𝙨 𝙥𝙚𝙧𝙛𝙚𝙘𝙩𝙡𝙮 𝙛𝙞𝙣𝙚. - 𝙕𝙖𝙘𝙝
Jun 17, 2023 3:09 AM
Sep 2022
I feel like they tried to cram too much content into two hours.. But still a great movie nonetheless. U could say JJK 0 was a tad better in most aspects, but for currently airing animes I think this Movie really has the best fights and fight-animations as of now. I would go as far as saying the fights looked a lot better than the ones we got from Demon Slayer this season.
Jun 17, 2023 5:46 AM
Oct 2018
ThePrinceOfAcid said:

++++ srslyy yshh jjjk 0 was just pure shit but still this movie was disappointing
Jun 17, 2023 6:05 AM
Sep 2022
likenus said:
I feel like they tried to cram too much content into two hours.. But still a great movie nonetheless. U could say JJK 0 was a tad better in most aspects, but for currently airing animes I think this Movie really has the best fights and fight-animations as of now. I would go as far as saying the fights looked a lot better than the ones we got from Demon Slayer this season.
Nah.. Demon Slayer has like the best animation ever made, nothing is coming close to that. This movie wasn't even well animated. Bleach tybw even has better animation and you compare it to the king of animation called Demon Slayer?
Jun 17, 2023 6:07 AM
Sep 2022
Staxrex said:
likenus said:
Nah.. Demon Slayer has like the best animation ever made, nothing is coming close to that. This movie wasn't even well animated. Bleach tybw even has better animation and you compare it to the king of animation called Demon Slayer.
ThePrinceOfAcid said:
Nik03178 said:

Mugen train is literally the greatest shounen movie ever made. No comparison there.
Jun 17, 2023 6:16 AM
Sep 2022
Staxrex said:
likenus said:
Nah.. Demon Slayer has like the best animation ever made, nothing is coming close to that. This movie wasn't even well animated. Bleach tybw even has better animation and you compare it to the king of animation called Demon Slayer?

so u would really say that the fight between Muichiro and Gyokko was perfection compared to the black clover movie where we got stuff like Mereoleona vs Princia? Dont get me wrong, I absolutely agree on Mugen Train, but DS Season 3 really fell behind not in quality but in what was animated.
Jun 17, 2023 6:24 AM
Sep 2022
likenus said:
Staxrex said:

so u would really say that the fight between Muichiro and Gyokko was perfection compared to the black clover movie where we got stuff like Mereoleona vs Princia? Dont get me wrong, I absolutely agree on Mugen Train, but DS Season 3 really fell behind not in quality but in what was animated.
it seems you don't know the meaning of animation quality lmao.. frames are super smooth, artwork is super detailed, visuals are top notch, choreography looks well polished. That's not the case for this black clover movie, it's just wild fights with janky animation.
I bet you are going to be the same guy that will soon say that this season of demon Slayer was carried by animation lol. Trolls are unbelievable.
Jun 17, 2023 6:35 AM
Sep 2022
Staxrex said:
likenus said:

it seems you don't know the meaning of animation quality lmao.. frames are super smooth, artwork is super detailed, visuals are top notch, choreography looks well polished. That's not the case for this black clover movie, it's just wild fights with janky animation.
I bet you are going to be the same guy that will soon say that this season of demon Slayer was carried by animation lol. Trolls are unbelievable.

I believe u didnt read what i said. I never doubted Demon Slayers animation nor did I say Black Clover surpassed Mappas AoT in quality. What i DID say was the fights in Black Clover were actual fight choreographies and not mere displays of budget like we currently have in the Spring Season.
(I have heard that Demon Slayer just suffers from its director and that future arcs are gonna be epic again which I am totally looking forward to, but for now Season 3 has been lacking in the fights department)
Next time you write something, make sure u properly read on what u quote first.
Jun 17, 2023 7:51 AM
Oct 2019
Cestlavie_ said:
See I know this is a Shonen film and all but even for Shonen standards this film cared too little about exposition, it didn't introduce the circumstances and dive deep into the motivation of the villains to make me care.  it felt like the film was just rushing to the climax without steadily building it up to make it hit much harder.  There was no room to breathe, no emotional moment,  to add depth to the fights.

There were so many  fights in this film that I can't really tell the difference between the climax and anything else in this movie. 

Because the film started with a fight and continued to do so every 7 mins by the time I reached the climax with ASTA vs Wizard king guy(if they gave a backstory instead of Julius just mentioning his predicament at the end maybe I would have remembered his name)

it just felt bland and overdone by then , I don't know if it's only me that has the problem 

Imo if the movie used the first 20mins for character interactions and/or backstories before the first rising action I would have appreciated it a lot better.

Btw I know most people will say this is just eye candy just enjoy it ,but come on this is the first BC movie it was delayed twice can't blame me for expecting something more 🤷‍♂️
Why start your own, new thread for this when you've already commented in order review threads? 

"Look at me"
Jun 17, 2023 7:56 AM
Oct 2019
ThePrinceOfAcid said:
Nik03178 said:

Gross. 

If not for flame guy, that movie was a turd imo. I just don't like gonnpa chiro at all (Auto correct is butchering that name)

Inherent advantages to Canon movies. Stupid to compare Canon vs non-canon.
Jun 17, 2023 9:25 AM

May 2018
It was good but since its a movie, everything has to be shortened compared to the series

"Don't give up after failing just twice.
We'll be able to do it next time.
Failure is the stepping stone to success."

Jun 17, 2023 10:07 AM

Jul 2021
HagePotPotato said:
Cestlavie_ said:

Why start your own, new thread for this when you've already commented in order review threads? 

"Look at me"

I only commented once and that was in the main thread? and I expanded on my criticism here, is that wrong or can BC fans not handle criticism?
Jun 17, 2023 1:04 PM
Jul 2022
HagePotPotato said:
ThePrinceOfAcid said:
Gross. 

If not for flame guy, that movie was a turd imo. I just don't like gonnpa chiro at all (Auto correct is butchering that name)

This is pathetic it being non canon doesn't mean it can't be a good movie! Tabata wrote the plot and it was still ass u BCtards will do anything to defend garbage
Jun 17, 2023 4:53 PM
Jan 2023
Nik03178 said:
Książę said:
było przyjemnie i trochę lepiej niż JJK 0.

Nie ma mowy, żebyś w to uwierzył, lmfao. JJK 0 jest wyraźna na astronomiczne odległości
BC SOTWK > Infinity > MHA movies > JJK 0 
Jun 17, 2023 5:12 PM
Oct 2019
RHinoManer22 said:
HagePotPotato said:
Gross. 

This is pathetic it being non canon doesn't mean it can't be a good movie! Tabata wrote the plot and it was still ass u BCtards will do anything to defend garbage
You're the one that looks foolish here. 

1. It was written by Johnny Onda.
2. You're making multiple assumptions that I never said.
3. Me not liking the demon slayer movie has nothing to do with the black clover movie.

#GoAway #Shoo 
Jun 17, 2023 5:17 PM
Jul 2022
HagePotPotato said:
RHinoManer22 said:

3. Me not liking the demon slayer movie has nothing to do with the black clover movie.

#GoAway #Shoo 

Are you an idiot or just naturally this dumb?
Tabata obviously played a role in this film giving how much he ripped off Naruto like he normally does
And u not liking demon slayer movie plays a part cause that is obviously the superior movie but ur defending this trash.(u gave HXH a 6 but BC a 10 u really do have trash taste)

And who uses hastags like that ? What are u ,13?
Jun 17, 2023 5:31 PM
Oct 2019
RHinoManer22 said:
HagePotPotato said:

#GoAway #Shoo 

Tabata obviously played a role in this film giving how much he ripped off Naruto like he normally does
And u not liking demon slayer movie plays a part cause that is obviously the superior movie but ur defending this trash.(u gave HXH a 6 but BC a 10 u really do have trash taste)

#MakeUpYourMind

"It was written by Tabata", uh, err, hurr, durr, I mean "It wasn't written by Tabata but he 'played a role'."

I didn't defend BC in here. I said I didn't like train movie; I gave one reason why (there are others). I also mentioned something good from the train movie.

I made a general statement that Canon movies should be better than non-Canon movies, obviously because their story was intended to be a part of the main series from the start. Never said that one couldn't be good or the other bad, just that inherently one class should be better due to its nature. I didn't mention any films as examples. 

You can't get facts correct or your story straight, and wound up losing your sh*t like a prepubescent child.
Jun 17, 2023 5:40 PM
Jul 2022
HagePotPotato said:
RHinoManer22 said:

#MakeUpYourMind

"It was written by Tabata", uh, err, hurr, durr, I mean "It wasn't written by Tabata but he 'played a role'."

I didn't defend BC in here. I said I didn't like train movie; I gave one reason why (there are others). I also mentioned something good from the train movie.

I made a general statement that Canon movies should be better than non-Canon movies, obviously because their story was intended to be a part of the main series from the start. Never said that one couldn't be good or the other bad, just that inherently one class should be better due to its nature. I didn't mention any films as examples. 

You can't get facts correct or your story straight, and wound up losing your sh*t like a prepubescent child.

With every new post you write you further prove ur illiteracy
Written by Tabata/Played a role that's just the semantics he obviously over saw this travesty nitpicking my words won't change that.

It's funny calling me a prepubescent child when ur using hastags like a 13 yr old trying to fit in with the older kids.

"I didn't defend BC in here" even a retard would know you implied it, u quoted like two posts Why? Because they clearly disagreed from ur opinion
Jun 17, 2023 9:18 PM
Feb 2021
Staxrex said:
likenus said:

Fate Heaven’s Feel trilogy clears by a very large margin.
Jun 17, 2023 11:04 PM
Sep 2022
likenus said:
Staxrex said:

I believe u didnt read what i said. I never doubted Demon Slayers animation nor did I say Black Clover surpassed Mappas AoT in quality. What i DID say was the fights in Black Clover were actual fight choreographies and not mere displays of budget like we currently have in the Spring Season.
(I have heard that Demon Slayer just suffers from its director and that future arcs are gonna be epic again which I am totally looking forward to, but for now Season 3 has been lacking in the fights department)
Lol you should have said that right from the get go.. anyways Demon Slayer is not suffering from it's director cuz haruo sotuzaki and Akira matsushima (the duo that made every frame of DS wallpaper worthy) are still on the job.. season 3 in your opinion doesn't have top tier fights yet, that's cuz it how it's in the manga but I'm pretty sure the animators are going wild in the last episode.
Jun 17, 2023 11:06 PM
Sep 2022
Staxrex said:
likenus said:

Lol you should have said that right from the get go.. anyways Demon Slayer is not suffering from it's director cuz haruo sotuzaki and Akira matsushima (the duo that made every frame of DS wallpaper worthy) are still on the job.. season 3 in your opinion doesn't have top tier fights yet, that's cuz it how it's in the manga but I'm pretty sure the animators are going wild in the last episode.

I do hope todays episode is gonna be fire. Have the Season end in a flashy way
Jun 17, 2023 11:14 PM
Sep 2022
Rembe said:
Staxrex said:

Fate Heaven’s Feel trilogy clears by a very large margin.
yeah I Know heaven's feel has incredibly animated fights like DS but I'm not just talking about fights, I'm talking about high detailed drawings and how well polished the animation looks.. the art in fate doesn't look artistic like DS's (for example you can screenshot any frame in DS and it becomes your new wallpaper) Demon Slayer looks like a fvcking wallpaper (thanks to Akira matsushima and haruo sotuzaki) fate series lacks high detailed drawings but yeah the animation is top tier.
Jun 18, 2023 1:48 AM
Sep 2022
likenus said:
Staxrex said:

I do hope todays episode is gonna be fire. Have the Season end in a flashy way
half of the episode is probably going to be storytelling but the first half is probably going to be flashy. Lol
Jun 19, 2023 10:40 AM
Oct 2017
You guys are clearly stupid but it's way better than all shounen movies except dbs broly.
Jun 19, 2023 11:02 AM

Jul 2021
Skywringer101 said:
You guys are clearly stupid but it's way better than all shounen movies except dbs broly.

Lol, get the film past the Gintama movie first
Jun 20, 2023 2:52 AM
Oct 2017
Cestlavie_ said:
Skywringer101 said:

how about you go outside and touch some grass
Jun 20, 2023 4:35 AM

Jul 2021
Skywringer101 said:
Cestlavie_ said:

how about you go outside and touch some grass

? Where do you think I'm replying you from and how does that have anything to do with this thread?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Black Clover: Mahou Tei no Ken Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KayKimii - Jun 16, 2023

213 by KNOTMENOT »»
May 1, 3:53 AM

» Can we get more MOVIES ?

HP445 - Sep 30, 2023

15 by Foreall908 »»
Oct 6, 2023 2:59 AM

» Continuation of the anime?

vaedeer - Dec 1, 2022

41 by vaedeer »»
Sep 30, 2023 12:50 PM

Poll: » Yami was nerfed?

Gonryo_Spectrum - Jul 9, 2023

12 by Scordolo »»
Jul 23, 2023 12:45 AM

» What did you score this and why? ( 1 2 )

aod-kun - Jun 22, 2023

54 by Mewann »»
Jul 8, 2023 8:35 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.