Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Jun 17, 2023 6:38 PM

Dec 2012
First & foremost, it's just so awesome to see Black Clover at its A-Game again. The quieter moments almost felt out of place just because there was so much action and it was always going at plus ultra full throttle. Typically I avoid movies for big shounen series, but I definitely had to make an exception once I saw this looming on the horizon. Major props that this got released worldwide for all BC fans to enjoy ASAP. In a way, that really goes hand in hand with the movie's message of bringing everyone together. I had to do my diligent duty to make sure this stays in the top 10 movies on Netflix for weeks to come. It's actually exciting since I'm even seeing people who don't watch anime noticing it (currently in that #2 spot!).

I'm going to take a page right out of Asta's grimoire and never give up on a continuation to come. 8/10.
Jun 17, 2023 6:50 PM
Oct 2019
Undetected2 said:
HagePotPotato said:
And naruto copied the Bible who resurrected both Lazarus and Jesus and multiple others. 

That's not copying what are you on? And if you're trying to say that black clover isn't copying naruto then I won't even say anything
Bruv, the Bible resurrected people thousands of years before naruto ever did. 
Jun 17, 2023 6:53 PM
Apr 2020
HagePotPotato said:
Undetected2 said:

That's not copying what are you on? And if you're trying to say that black clover isn't copying naruto then I won't even say anything

I am not just talking about resurrection. BC been copying naruto since the start there's so many similarities and now they copied 4 hokage resurrection
Jun 17, 2023 7:04 PM

May 2020
I absolutely loved the movie. Top tier animation. My favorite shounen battle movie since Demon Slayer Mugen Train.
Jun 17, 2023 7:29 PM
Nov 2020
simplesmente incrível
Jun 17, 2023 8:49 PM

Aug 2010
I actually enjoyed the villains here, but I wish their backstories were given more time. I was told that the novelization does just that, so...

The animation never reaches the heights of, say, Dragon Ball Super Broly, but was still the best animation Clover has had yet.

I was hoping we would get a season 2 announcement at the end, but ah well.
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Jun 17, 2023 9:03 PM
Oct 2019
Undetected2 said:
HagePotPotato said:

I am not just talking about resurrection. BC been copying naruto since the start there's so many similarities and now they copied 4 hokage resurrection
You literally keep mentioning resurrection. 

And I literally keep informing you that resurrection in literature, media, and folklore is an age old concept! I specifically mentioned the Bible and the resurrection of "the king of kings". Ergo, nobody can "steal" it from naruto because naruto "stole" it from others. 
HagePotPotatoJun 17, 2023 9:15 PM
Jun 17, 2023 9:39 PM
Sep 2018
Don’t know why but mereleona is thicc ! I’m starting to love her
Jun 17, 2023 9:44 PM
Apr 2021
AHHHHHHH THIS SHIT WAS FUCKING PEAKKKKKK IM SO HAPPY AND HYPED IVE BEEN WAITING SINCE 2017 FOR THIS KIND OF QUALITY ANIMATION๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ˜ซ๐Ÿ˜ซ๐Ÿ˜ซ๐Ÿ˜ซ๐Ÿ˜ซ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ

So this is what Black Clover looks like if it had good animation this shit looks so clean and good and the storyline was good too idk ppl say it lacked it was actually pretty good with the whole Conrad shit was good to me, and the Princia vs Mereleona fight was FIREEEEEEE๐Ÿคฏ๐Ÿ˜ซ๐Ÿ˜ซ๐Ÿ˜ซ๐Ÿ˜ซ๐Ÿ˜ซ๐Ÿ˜ซ๐Ÿ˜ซ๐Ÿ˜ซ๐Ÿ˜ซ๐Ÿ˜ซ
Jun 18, 2023 1:19 AM
Jul 2021
I’m just glad Black Clover even got a movie. Awesome movie! Tho, I feel like the villains could’ve been fleshed out a little more. The action was fricking amazing, all the little character moments we got were amazing too. Awesome movie! Hopefully we get the anime back later on, preferably seasonal
Jun 18, 2023 1:24 AM
Oct 2020
"Never giving up my magic" never hit so hard before int he series. I'd say it was a hit. I found the movie fun, exciting ,and doki doki to watch!

seeing the previous wizard kings sure was awesome, and the small flashback to their story was so breathtaking!
Jun 18, 2023 3:41 AM
Dec 2016
Shown what every black clover fans really needed, animation, dear god hope the show comes back with the same budget
Jun 18, 2023 3:44 AM

Apr 2017
Undetected2 said:
This show were always copying naruto but common resurrection of former wizard kings?

Immediately what I thought, "oh, evil guy resurrects former leaders".

This movie is so bad it's hard to believe this is popular. Every character is an npc on repeat with a 1d personality and their "quirks". The writing is so awful itd be better if no one talked, couldnt even enjoy it just for the fighting. Definitely won't be watching BC ever again.
Jun 18, 2023 3:49 AM
Apr 2020
HagePotPotato said:
Undetected2 said:

And I literally keep informing you that resurrection in literature, media, and folklore is an age old concept! I specifically mentioned the Bible and the resurrection of "the king of kings". Ergo, nobody can "steal" it from naruto because naruto "stole" it from others. 

no I am not talking about resurrection couse that's a broad topic but specifically about resurrection of former leaders
Jun 18, 2023 4:37 AM

Dec 2013
Pretty standard Shounen movie but I still enjoyed every moment of it. I liked the parallels between Asta and Conrad. They even had the same cheesy catchphrase!

They did a good job of making the villains feel like a real threat. They were a few moments in the movie when I found myself wondering how these villains would be taken down.

Even though Conrad's solution was way too extreme I do understand where he was coming from. Wizard Kings have been trying to fix the kingdom for generations without success. It's no wonder why several of them became so extreme.
Jun 18, 2023 5:03 AM
Jun 2023
It was better than I expected
Jun 18, 2023 8:08 AM
Apr 2017
Can somebody explain how this ties into the anime? I was so hyped to see all the demons but nope. stillenjoyed it tho
Jun 18, 2023 8:54 AM
Oct 2019
M_Kusanagi said:
Undetected2 said:
This show were always copying naruto but common resurrection of former wizard kings?

Immediately what I thought, "oh, evil guy resurrects former leaders".

This movie is so bad it's hard to believe this is popular. Every character is an npc on repeat with a 1d personality and their "quirks". The writing is so awful itd be better if no one talked, couldnt even enjoy it just for the fighting. Definitely won't be watching BC ever again.

Ok then. Well. Bye.
Jun 18, 2023 8:56 AM
Oct 2019
zombolix said:
Can somebody explain how this ties into the anime? I was so hyped to see all the demons but nope. stillenjoyed it tho

It takes place between episodes 157 and 158. It was widely reported beforehand.
Jun 18, 2023 9:00 AM
Oct 2019
Undetected2 said:
HagePotPotato said:

no I am not talking about resurrection couse that's a broad topic but specifically about resurrection of former leaders

Jesus was a resurrected leader and "the king of kings". Hokage was a leader. Wizard king was a leader. Hurr durr, naruto created the idea of resurrecting leaders... 2,000 years after the Bible documents it. Lmao

Want me to list every anime that either brings a key figure back to life or is set free/escapes after being imprisoned like Conrad?
Jun 18, 2023 9:15 AM
Sep 2019
It was good but it felt really short if tey just maked it 30 minutes longer with more story it would have been a fire movie, it was ok it could have been better imo
Jun 18, 2023 9:34 AM
Apr 2020
HagePotPotato said:
Undetected2 said:

Jesus was a resurrected leader and "the king of kings". Hokage was a leader. Wizard king was a leader. Hurr durr, naruto created the idea of resurrecting leaders... 2,000 years after the Bible documents it. Lmao

Want me to list every anime that either brings a key figure back to life or is set free/escapes after being imprisoned like Conrad?

No it's ok to use resurrection and even using leaders resurrection but my point is that BC been copying naruto plot since the start and they're continuing to do so
Jun 18, 2023 12:15 PM
Jun 2022
HagePotPotato said:
animejas said:
This was just another shounen movie. Action was decent, a lot of time was spent on this so not too shocking. Like most other shounen movies I've seen, didn't really enjoy this much. Did not help that I disliked the original anime too. But I can definitely see the appeal for fans of the series who just want popcorn entertainment and action all the way here.

Take your lame, veiled insults elsewhere.

he was not insulting he just sad that he dont like shounen movies and even sad thad he can see the appel
now that out of the way
Story 6.5/10 it is just about destroying one artefacts that was never mentioned in previous story and it just disappeared after .Ok I get that it is a side story but its still disapoiting and it wasn't even needed to be there it could be just the part of Corad magic
Animation 10/10
No character CGI No bad animation ( hard to explain but if you seen the original series you know how fights looked) just perfect
Character (Vilans)8/10 great but could be better ( and I'm not going to be 3 hours explaining how)
overall 10/10
Jun 18, 2023 1:11 PM
Jun 2022
I had super high expectations going into the movie even though there were some ups and downs in the anime. But i gotta say, this didnt disappoint me at all.
in my opinion:
10/10 animation
10/10 presentation
7/10 story
9/10 vas
Jun 18, 2023 1:43 PM

May 2021
The movie was omg, and the animation was perfect.

“๐˜๐˜ฏ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ถ๐˜ฎ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ ๐˜ธ๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ๐˜ญ๐˜ฅ, ๐˜ต๐˜ณ๐˜ถ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ต๐˜บ ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ’๐˜ต ๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ธ๐˜ข๐˜บ๐˜ด ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ด๐˜ข๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ. ๐˜๐˜ถ๐˜ฎ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ด ๐˜ซ๐˜ถ๐˜ด๐˜ต ๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ญ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ช๐˜ณ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ช๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ข๐˜ฎ๐˜ฃ๐˜ช๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ด ๐˜ข๐˜ด “๐˜ต๐˜ณ๐˜ถ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ”. ๐˜๐˜ถ๐˜ฎ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ด ๐˜ธ๐˜ช๐˜ญ๐˜ญ ๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ฌ๐˜ช๐˜ญ๐˜ญ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ถ๐˜ฎ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ด ๐˜ช๐˜ง ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜บ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ท๐˜ฆ “๐˜ต๐˜ณ๐˜ถ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ” ๐˜ข๐˜ด ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ ๐˜ฆ๐˜น๐˜ค๐˜ถ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ.” – ๐˜š๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ๐˜ด๐˜ฉ๐˜ช ๐˜ž๐˜ข๐˜ต๐˜ข๐˜ด๐˜ฆ
สแด€sแดœสœแด€ - า“สŸสแด…แด€ส แด„สœษชษดแด€แด›แดแดกษด

Jun 18, 2023 3:47 PM
Jun 2022
loved it. missed that world. Villains were amazing.
Jun 18, 2023 4:01 PM
Jun 2023
its look like heaven
Jun 18, 2023 5:12 PM

Mar 2011
This is my fault for taking the plot of a non-canon shounen movie seriously, but the antagonist was basically entirely correct about the problem, but in order to be the antagonist, his solution to the problem needed to be the most insane shit imaginable.

It's like saying "I want to eradicate child poverty..... by killing all the children".

Still, definitely quite fun, and definitely one of the better shounen non-canon movies I've seen. Most of the female characters in Black Clover are sub-par, but Mereoleona is fucking great. 
Jun 18, 2023 7:13 PM
Jun 2020
best movie i have ever seen
Jun 18, 2023 7:57 PM

Mar 2016
Excellent choreography in the battles, the animation was fantastic, wish I could say the same about the storytelling. It's a 6/10 for me.
el_morrisJun 18, 2023 8:02 PM
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Jun 19, 2023 1:21 AM
Aug 2020
BHEST. worth the wait
Jun 19, 2023 5:41 AM
Jun 2021
Story was alright, Animation was the highlight. The best Black Clover anime has ever looked, they also gave every character their moment. I hope one day the anime returns with the same quality seasonally. 
Jun 19, 2023 7:01 AM
Aug 2015
Its mediocre at best. The animation was meh, there were good fight scenes but overall the animation looks like just another episode of Black Clover.
Jun 19, 2023 10:51 AM
Jun 2023
This is best animation and more so much fun fun!You are hard is work and 11/10!!!
Jun 19, 2023 4:24 PM
Nov 2021
Amazing and very enjoyable
Jun 19, 2023 7:48 PM

Jul 2015
I'm an hour and 10 minutes in and I don't have the slightest idea why everyone's saying this is "carried by the animation."
Not that the story is in any way, shape or form even the tiniest bit above average (at best).
And I'm not saying the animation is bad. But the animation is just that; good. Nothing more.
At times it's clunky, but mostly it's good.
Yet for a movie of such a big series this is way below the industry standard. I've seen multiple shows animated at least ten times better.

So far there hasn't been one second of animation that's actually gotten my hyped.
Now, I'll see for the remaining movie if that changes, but the fact that it hasn't happened two-thirds in means it is in no way carried by the animation.
In fact so far this movie has absolutely nothing going for it.

Y'all Black Clover fans must be starving if you're getting excited about this mediocre ass movie lmao

EDIT: Yami's fiery dimension slash whatever combo attack looked cool. That was well animated.

Asta vs Conrad from Liebe's appearance onward until Doom's Gate looked good.

From the destruction of the meteor thingy until Conrad's death looked pretty good too.

That's about it tho.
DisconnectedUserJun 19, 2023 9:31 PM
Jun 20, 2023 1:39 AM
Mar 2023
ITS SO GOOD LIKE ASTA HOLDING THE IMPERIAL SWORD AND HIS DEMON SLAYER. LIKE OMG AND THEN HE GETS LIEBE'S HELP TO MAKE ASTA STRONGER.
Jun 20, 2023 1:40 AM
Mar 2023
MaosyBaos said:
I thought Asta would have his demon arm in this but I guess it’s not set where the anime left off
yea same. i actually got confused but then when they showed his demon arm i was like okay here we are
Jun 20, 2023 3:34 AM

Jul 2020
nice action movie, pretty much zero plot, just a bunch of cool flashy explosions. just about what I'd expected. 7/10
Jun 20, 2023 6:19 AM
Jun 2021
HORRIBLE NEVER MAKE A MOVIE AGAIN
Jun 20, 2023 6:28 AM
Jul 2018
It was amazing. Hard work pays. @Black Clover team thank you for your hard work. We hope we will get s2 also.
Jun 20, 2023 10:21 AM
May 2022
Masterpiece. I think even the best movie I’ve watched.
Jun 20, 2023 11:37 AM
Oct 2019
DisconnectedUser said:
I'm an hour and 10 minutes in and I don't have the slightest idea why everyone's saying this is "carried by the animation."
Not that the story is in any way, shape or form even the tiniest bit above average (at best).
And I'm not saying the animation is bad. But the animation is just that; good. Nothing more.
At times it's clunky, but mostly it's good.
Yet for a movie of such a big series this is way below the industry standard. I've seen multiple shows animated at least ten times better.

So far there hasn't been one second of animation that's actually gotten my hyped.
Now, I'll see for the remaining movie if that changes, but the fact that it hasn't happened two-thirds in means it is in no way carried by the animation.
In fact so far this movie has absolutely nothing going for it.

Y'all Black Clover fans must be starving if you're getting excited about this mediocre ass movie lmao

EDIT: Yami's fiery dimension slash whatever combo attack looked cool. That was well animated.

Asta vs Conrad from Liebe's appearance onward until Doom's Gate looked good.

From the destruction of the meteor thingy until Conrad's death looked pretty good too.

That's about it tho.
That's cool. 

I saw BC fans excited about the animation because we've been used to the resources constraints placed on a show that aired almost every week for 3.5 straight years. It was refreshing to see. 

I didn't really notice BC fans saying it was "carried by animation" until after BC haters on Twitter started saying that as a way to trash BC. BC fans found it ironic af - since BC haters always used to say the animation sucks - and made a joke about it.

THANKS FOR WATCHING! @6o-dharman.
Jun 20, 2023 4:58 PM
Jun 2013
Ybarra said:
Its mediocre at best. The animation was meh, there were good fight scenes but overall the animation looks like just another episode of Black Clover.

Which by looking at your list, you literally didn't watched the anime, and btw, not only saying the animation was "meh" but just like another episode of Black Clover? Dude, what you're smoking? 
Jun 20, 2023 6:41 PM
Oct 2019
I watched it once all the way through.

Since then I've had it playing in the background multiple times. And overall, I think I like the movie more now than I did after my first watch.

There are genuinely some great lines, speeches, references (from the anime), and fight sequences. And some stuff is just cool, like the 4 wiz kings' character design and Jester's personality.

That's not to say it's perfect. It's not. We all agree more backstory from the 4WK's was needed. And I think a lot of people (certainly myself) would've preferred better dialogue, less repetition, and less corny "power of friendship". I have other critiques as well, but I think dialogue and backstory are the only two big issues.

However, it was good, and at times excellent. It was enjoyable. Definitely hit on some key criteria (mentioned above).
Jun 20, 2023 7:41 PM
Apr 2023
CINE, INCREIBLE LAS PELEAS Y MUY BUENA ANIMACION
Jun 21, 2023 3:18 AM

Jan 2013
That was eye candy. Superb animation all the way through. The plot was fine, I actually liked the villain a lot. (He was right tbh)

The ability of Black Clover to be so good during action scenes when Asta is saying the most basic and normie shit ever is remarkable. I don’t know how this series keeps doing it. 9/10 great watch.

Btw, Im not a VA expert but Astas VA was like… pretty bad compared to the rest.
Jun 21, 2023 10:00 AM
Oct 2019
4th straight day it's #1 on Netflix in Japan
Jun 21, 2023 12:30 PM
Jan 2021
prolly best anime movie this year.
Jun 21, 2023 12:51 PM
Jun 2020
ddddddddddddddddddddddd
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

» Can we get more MOVIES ?

HP445 - Sep 30, 2023

15 by Foreall908 »»
Oct 6, 2023 2:59 AM

» Continuation of the anime?

vaedeer - Dec 1, 2022

41 by vaedeer »»
Sep 30, 2023 12:50 PM

Poll: » Yami was nerfed?

Gonryo_Spectrum - Jul 9, 2023

12 by Scordolo »»
Jul 23, 2023 12:45 AM

» What did you score this and why? ( 1 2 )

aod-kun - Jun 22, 2023

54 by Mewann »»
Jul 8, 2023 8:35 PM

» Lackluster story ( 1 2 )

Melody8I8 - Jun 16, 2023

52 by DollFishu »»
Jul 3, 2023 11:39 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.