Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jun 7, 2023 4:44 PM

Dec 2014
Kayle_x_Morgana said:
does it say in the manga who the guy is with? please god don't be with that red headed bitch

I wanna give some applause to the staff for this great adaptation on one of my fav onk moment!!! Really exceeding my expectation
Jun 7, 2023 4:45 PM
Apr 2020
Very good episode
Jun 7, 2023 4:47 PM
Oct 2019
Ngl the way Akane immitating Ai still feels so creepy to me.

ohh boy Aqua went for the kiss... god damn.

Mem-cho as an Idol?  that 's gonna be interesting.
Jun 7, 2023 5:08 PM

Jan 2020
The two-week patience finally paid off pretty well, huh? We get to see Akane imitating Ai as well as that kiss scene so it feels like Aqua might have developed a crush on her now.

Good episode!

Jun 7, 2023 5:16 PM
Apr 2023
If Akane ever quits being an actor, she could work as like an FBI profiler. 
Jun 7, 2023 5:18 PM
Mar 2023
I really love the introductions to the next episodes in this anime. An episode that ends one thread at the same time starts the next.
Jun 7, 2023 5:22 PM
Apr 2018
landofthekwt said:
At least Akane knows where she stands
Indeed. Good thing she clearly understands Aqua's real feelings that he doesn't actually love her for now. (If Aqua were to use her without her knowing, that would be truly heartbreaking, and the show would have taken a different turn) 

Akane during her Kiss scene, and Kana during baseball, and MEM in the last scene were really captivating, and the best offered by this episode. 

Jun 7, 2023 5:53 PM

Oct 2020
Schizophrenic is the word I find that best describes how I feel about this episode. It really feels as if it sums up the strange tonal shifts the series has had so far anime wise. Scenes that handle the memory of dead characters in problematic ways, insensitivity to real issues, and some really, really forced dialogue in the form of Kana; even the voice acting just feels forced in her first scenes here.  But then the ending of the episode with the notion of Mem-cho going on to join Strawberry Productions to become part of B Komachi II is a real A tier scene.  So I'm left scratching my head with how this episode feels written by four different writers.

I'm not sure at all how to feel about Aqua especially.  The dissociation I've been feeling with him in relation to his former life has been in the back of my head for a while since the start, but with this episode seemingly being a big character development moment for him, I guess it's time I give a bit about what I don't like about him.

I get to a extent why he's motivated to only be in things if it helps him track down Aqua Hoshino's dad, but the way he is written as he goes about it just feels excessively dark and calculating.  I get it but it just makes the guy uncomfortable to watch and whilst I like the cold and calculating sides of characters like Kiyotaka Ayankouji of Classroom of the Elite, with Oshi it feels depraved.  Including this uncomfortable ghost chasing of Ai with her acting, his treatment of Akane is questionable.  The whole idea of him trying to use her to help him retrace Ai's thoughts is super unhealthy and wrong.  I seriously hope that this series at least will have him pay for these actions because this feels like the setup for a revenge story that goes wrong when it shows its revenge-seeking character as being this messed up.

I s'pose one major positive here though is the cutre scene of Aqua and Kana playing catch.  That was cool, I just wish it was written to feel more natural, something about it felt excessively stiff.
Jun 7, 2023 6:01 PM
Apr 2022
Maybe this might be an unpopular opinion but I find kana super annoying. Like every time when she is on the screen I feel like skipping ahead. Not to mention but the voice actor overall style of speaking also made her unlikable to me.
Eeh whatever she probably has a reason for having 6k favs. Maybe something will make her likable in the future. But for she is the only thing I hate about this show.
Apart from that I like all the other characters from this show.
Jun 7, 2023 6:10 PM

Oct 2021
That was another fantastic episode filled with lies and love! I love the love triangle being set up with Akane, Aqua, and Kana! You already know what's NOT gonna happen but it still hits your hard in the feels. That baseball scene with Aqua and Kana is so heartwarming and uplifting. Then, comes the finale of the reality dating show and OUCH!!! Just OUCH! My jaw dropped when I saw that scene! Poor Akane being used as a tool by the revenge-seeking Aqua. The only real winner in this episode is MEM-cho because she has the opportunity to make her idol dream come true!
marquinti2Jun 7, 2023 6:39 PM

-------------------------
Marianne

~Effort, Fortitude, and Tenacity
Jun 7, 2023 6:19 PM
Jun 2023
mem-cho my beloved
Jun 7, 2023 6:36 PM
Apr 2021
Aqua IS THAT NIGGA MAN bro rizzed up Akane and has Kana jealous😭

the art in this episode was insane as usual it kinda reminded me of the art episode 1 lowkey with how nice everything was drawn. Cant wait for the next episodes tho they finna be PEAK💯💯🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
Jun 7, 2023 6:42 PM

Aug 2018
Mem-cho too cute! Love the episode's ending scene, it gives me goosebumps everytime
Yuri is Life
Jun 7, 2023 6:44 PM

Sep 2018
This show is too tropey for what it's trying to do, like it's trying to pander to everybody.
Jun 7, 2023 6:47 PM

Jan 2011
Aqua speedrunning to my top hate list lol

but it guess it's all fine since  he was honest about 

is Akane done acting like Ai that felt like it was over within the first few mins  talk about a jebait of a cliffhanger  outside of Aqua being trash it was a enjoyable end to this arc  Ytuber girl about to be a idol with her kickstarter following 
Jun 7, 2023 6:51 PM

Feb 2018
Aqua was shockethed by Akane, and so was Ruby lolol.

Kana's reactions are like on an emotional rollercoaster around Aqua lol.

Welp, this is the beginning of where Aqua is trying to use Akane to help in his revenge, playing with feelings is a big no no lol.

Mem looks like she's excited to become an idol, though of course it'll be a tough road.

Never ending plan to watch list...

Jun 7, 2023 6:55 PM
Apr 2023
I feel that episode 8 made by the studio is better than the original manga and I really like episode 8
Jun 7, 2023 7:00 PM
Aug 2020
That episode was so amazing and too has many "doki-dokishtai" moment! All of characters psychologies are as realists as real life. I CAN'T TAKE A BREATHE WHEN I SEE OSHI NI KO's"Classical scenes"
Jun 7, 2023 7:29 PM
Dec 2019
Aqua and Akane are dating which makes sense but only cuz of work. Mem is going to join the group now they have enough people to preform probably. Also Aqua gonna get that info hopefully it's useful.
Jun 7, 2023 7:31 PM
Apr 2022
I like both Arima Kana and Kurokawa Akane but the main problem here is Aqua(i think) idk why but i don't agree with him manuplating Akane and Kana
Jun 7, 2023 7:59 PM
May 2023
Still a masterpiece
Jun 7, 2023 8:32 PM
Feb 2022
Man, this anime has kept the 10/10 for me. Best of the season. I just love it.
Jun 7, 2023 8:44 PM
Jul 2019
masterpiece ep, i like this lore
Jun 7, 2023 8:44 PM
Sep 2018
Part of me wished that Aqua would date Akane, but I'm still happy with the choice he made. Tho I am now a big fan of Akane
Jun 7, 2023 8:51 PM

Mar 2007
So they're not dating according to the show, but they are IRL? Didn't see THAT coming.

What is taking Aqua so long to pump Akane for information?
Jun 7, 2023 9:00 PM
Jan 2014
Lies, only lies, this chapter was full of lies, a fake love, a fake kiss, a fake relationship, a toxic relationship that has no future, and a broken heart of a genuine idol... from this chapter Aqua will begin to betray himself..., and to damage the hearts of the people who love him, breaking for the heart of Kana-chan... Ruby was right, everyone is a liar, that's why Ruby couldn't escape these lies and now she is as she is in the manga suffering... lies, the same lies that led Ai to her death, her children and those around them repeat them again, but sooner or later the lies end up catching up with you and you will have to pay the price for using them...
Jun 7, 2023 9:01 PM
Mar 2019
Shrewd, anc calculating Aqua. Let's see where this goes with Akane.
Jun 7, 2023 9:13 PM
Nov 2022
AkaneGOD showing why she is the best girl this season 🚬

I found it very interesting what Aqua mentioned about the fact that thoughts vary depending on age and the period in which one lives, And if so, will there come a time when the doctor will completely disappear and only "Aqua" remains?

My mind is going to explode xdd.

It will be interesting to see the interaction between MEM-cho and Ruby haha ​​xd

This anime is my favorite of the season, but we are already in episode 8, nooooo
Jun 7, 2023 9:36 PM

Apr 2022
bruh every episode is a straight-banger, this adaptation is just perfect. even that last shot with memcho looked so good.
arima and akane's VA did their thing yet again. 

akane and aqua sealed the deal on the show but arima got it rough now. her and aqua playing catch was nice tho.
Jun 7, 2023 9:50 PM

May 2020
after the 2 week wait we got an amazing episode
memcho will join b komachi lets gooooo
cant wait for the next episode

Jun 7, 2023 9:52 PM

Sep 2007
The episode doesn't even have a frame that something interesting isn't happening!
Perfect ending isn´t it?
Jun 7, 2023 10:17 PM
Apr 2021
In this episode Akane, Kana and Memcho get each moment with Aqua.

Akane perfectly imitates Ai and blushed. She changed instantly when she returned to her original nature.

I'm happy to see Kana and Aqua spend time together. Love to see Kana's eyes and her expression.

Finally, Aqua offers memcho to join B-Komachi. The B-komachi puzzle pieces have been collected.

Can't wait next episodes!
Jun 7, 2023 10:25 PM
Oct 2021
I don’t get how people are calling this cringe - the kiss wasn’t SUPPOSED to be meaningful, and Aqua has never really been a good person with his intentions towards other people. This was a perfect demonstration of how he takes advantage of Akane’s feelings, only seeing how she can be used as a tool to learn more about Ai and by extension, her killer.
Jun 7, 2023 10:36 PM
Feb 2017
Also I wanna say I don't think Aqua really tool-zoned (like Misa Amane tool-zoned) Akane. He just finds her useful to keep a connection with.
It's Aiko!!!!
Jun 7, 2023 11:40 PM
May 2023
This episode was great and liked it very much. I hope this will keep coming like this.
Jun 7, 2023 11:42 PM

Jan 2020
People prolly gonna start hating on Aqua. Regardless of how manipulative he is, he still saved Akane from dying and helped recover her image. Yea there’s no doubt that he’s messed up and he’s well aware of that, but I still can’t help but cheer for him in his quest for revenge. I just hope that down the road he’ll become a better person. Oh well, at least he cares about Ruby and his adoptive mom so he still has some emotions other than anger.
Jun 8, 2023 12:10 AM
May 2023
AKANE AND AQUA , THEY KISSED OMG
Jun 8, 2023 12:11 AM

Oct 2022
Wow, Akane is really stunning in her eerily perfect rebuilding of Ai. I'm happy to have the Ai character return in proxy like this, though its very bittersweet.
VexerenityJun 8, 2023 2:29 AM
Jun 8, 2023 12:44 AM
Mar 2018
absolute banger of an episode
Jun 8, 2023 1:01 AM
Nov 2018
Solid if quiet episode. Lots of layoffs but felt like an intermediate episode. 
Jun 8, 2023 1:12 AM
Aug 2022
this is beginning to feel very freudian...
Jun 8, 2023 1:17 AM
Mar 2017
Sad for akane,.only used as a tool with aqua
Jun 8, 2023 1:18 AM
John Titor

Jul 2017
Very nice episode.

We had a pout and other countless expressions from Kana.
We also had Akane's Ai impersonation and her sad face when Aqua confirms it was just a job relationship...

But my favorite one is undoubtedly MEMcho. I love her expressions when teasing Aqua and when demonstrating her emotions. The best one was this smug face <3-.

Mi música chiptune (auténtica, no fakebit) / My chiptune music (real, no fakebit)
YouTube
Battle of the Bits
SoundCloud
Jun 8, 2023 1:43 AM
Jul 2020
like every other episode of oshi no ko is legendary and is masterpiece in itself
Jun 8, 2023 2:34 AM

Feb 2017
Softhenic03 said:
Well ignoring just how perfectly Akane impersonated Ai, I swear watching the dude getting all red and bashful after seeing the shadow of her “mother” into Akane was unbearable as to say the least. I mean give me fucking break bro, I can understand if it’s Ai herself who came before you and then you got a bit flustered but hey it’s just some random girl whom you’ve met not too long ago, who’s just ACTING for her own sake.. and you got all bashful lmaooo. Some 40 year old man this is.

Being near Akane makes him beet-red, so dude decided why not spend some time with another girl and develop some resistance to his infatuation with Ai. I mean that catching ball segment between him and Kana was actually kind of sweet, though to be honest anything with Kana in it is good anyways. But you know the moment we jumped back to the dating show set, and saw Akane actually revealing some HUGE things, which she learned while studying Ai’s character was bone-chilling. Holy christ, she got everything on point.

Then came the CRINGIEST moment of this series. Felt it strongly while reading it too back then and then felt the same while watching it now… when Aqua kissed Akane, just because he thought she an indispensable tool, and he needs her going forward. FUCKKKKKKK…. get your hands off the best girl, though I guess we a bit too late. She's already tool-zoned.

Wannabe edgelord now even has Akane on his side, and heck he even invited Memcho to come and join B-Komachi. Why these girls… man. 
This is pretty spot on. Tool-zoned lmao.
Aqua is a wannabe edgelord and a male power fantasy. His 'mastermind' manipulations aren't beyond what any average Joe can do if they sets their mind to it lmao. It's hard to see underage girls swarming him.
Floral_soapJun 8, 2023 2:37 AM
Jun 8, 2023 2:53 AM

Nov 2021
Choosing who the best girl is between Kana and Akane becomes harder with each passing episode
Jun 8, 2023 3:06 AM
Apr 2019
Nicely paced and had good moments.
Jun 8, 2023 3:12 AM
Oct 2020
I don't understand what the hell does aqua want? first he goes after kana arima and then he goes after akane to make sure the join the idol group. Now I don't understand why does he want memo to join the idol group. what is the Aqua doing for Akane using her for getting more information about ai and he is using the producer to also get more information about I don't understand what is his relationship with ai, is it a mother daughter relationship or a fan-idol relationship.
Jun 8, 2023 3:14 AM
May 2021
Just short of words, visuals, voice acting and everthing was on point. I loved it.
Jun 8, 2023 3:35 AM
Oct 2022
it was worth waiting the 2 weeks, the animation is amazing as always and really reads the concept of the manga!
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Overhyped

Mooogle - May 9

41 by KayKimii »»
Yesterday, 11:44 AM

Poll: » Would you like to marry Ai given the opportunity? (first ep spoilers)

Shizuna - May 6

39 by mafiahairspy »»
May 9, 12:09 PM

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Usopp8000 - Mar 27, 2023

2678 by wibugar »»
May 9, 3:10 AM

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yuyuichi - Jun 28, 2023

680 by Darkiiii »»
May 6, 10:23 PM

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ricky16 - May 17, 2023

870 by Tsukimariko »»
May 5, 7:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.