Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 18, 2010 11:32 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This movie was rly awesome :P
Nov 1, 2010 3:23 PM

Aug 2010
I really liked this movie more than the other Detective Conan movies. It kept me on the edge of my seat and when I thought it was over, there was still a little more in store.

Also, I liked how this movie brought in ALL the teenage Detectives and their 'girlfriends' into the movie. I thought it was cool to see them all working together to solve the crime and mystery. If this comes out on dvd, I'm totally buying it!
Feb 11, 2013 8:38 PM

Jul 2012
Least favourite DC movie out of all the fifteen I've seen so far. (Haven't seen Raven Chaser yet)

I would give 7/10 but that would be saying it's good overall, which I didn't think it was.

Mystery didn't appeal to me at all and execution was horrible. Too many random characters like "Hakuba" (who was actually you-know-who in disguise) and I couldn't remember who was who, other than the main three: Itoh, Reika and the...Victim who got shot.. Whatever his name was.

Probably the best part for me, was the Detective Boys, the "Girlfriends" and the Police chasing the purse snatched. I'M SORRY BUT I ENJOYED THAT THE MOST.

Aggg, it just...I just didn't like this movie as much. Love DC, but just not this movie.
Sep 7, 2013 2:07 PM

Apr 2012
This movie was a little lame but still ok ^^
Dec 18, 2013 2:00 PM

Feb 2011
mayukachan said:
Mystery didn't appeal to me at all and execution was horrible. Too many random characters like "Hakuba" (who was actually you-know-who in disguise) and I couldn't remember who was who, other than the main three: Itoh, Reika and the...Victim who got shot.. Whatever his name was.

Probably the best part for me, was the Detective Boys, the "Girlfriends" and the Police chasing the purse snatched. I'M SORRY BUT I ENJOYED THAT THE MOST.
Pretty much this for me too. Terrible movie imo and the worst DC movie.

Now that I think about it, that purse thief didn't have much purpose... if any.
Jan 5, 2014 10:09 AM
Mar 2011
Why is a lot of movies even worse than fillers? Why is there so much children screaming? Was this really a movie about children having fun and screaming? Why do they have to put this boring song when there is some "action"? It it to make it seem even more stupid? And was there actually a mystery to be solved? I don't think so. So I think the Old-London movie was better than this one...
Nov 19, 2014 6:52 PM

Jun 2012
As soon as I saw the yellow paint on the watch I knew Hakuba was Kid. Damn it I liked Hakuba. I wish he was a real character. Best DC movie Ive seen so far.
Jan 4, 2015 8:13 PM

Jan 2014
meh.. wasn't that good in my opinion, but the suspense is somewhat still there. also, those kids are starting to get in my nerves. I hope that the creator will delete their characters soon.

7/10
Recommend me an anime
Jan 4, 2015 8:14 PM

Jul 2012
Sol_Ou said:
Damn it I liked Hakuba. I wish he was a real character.

He is.

naens said:
Why is a lot of movies even worse than fillers?

$$$
Mar 9, 2015 1:14 AM

Jul 2008
Hakuba...for some reason that never dawned on me, ha.

Of course the case wouldn't be complete without a MASSIVE Genta screw-up right?

Overall I liked it because everyone came together in it and everyone had something to do.
Jun 30, 2015 9:56 PM

Nov 2014
Kid saves the day as always!

Jul 3, 2015 2:27 AM

Mar 2015
mayukachan said:
Least favourite DC movie out of all the fifteen I've seen so far. (Haven't seen Raven Chaser yet)

I would give 7/10 but that would be saying it's good overall, which I didn't think it was.

Aggg, it just...I just didn't like this movie as much. Love DC, but just not this movie.

Pretty much all this.
This movie was a mess.
Mar 19, 2016 1:15 AM

Jan 2012
Yeah I'ma hafta agree sadly. So kinda like Speed at an amusement park eh? This was okay, but definitely not one of the better films. A lotta the events seemed very convenient or dependent on chance/plot induced stupidity and the actual mystery was boring. Kaitou Kid seemed kinda tacked on for no reason too. I did like several of the smaller character moments/touches. Kogorou calling Eri and her playing with her cat for instance. Agasa going in to be with the kids if the worst came to pass was a strong moment too. I did enjoy so much of the cast meeting up too, but yeah, pretty forgettable. Not one of the movies I'd think of to rewatch first. 7/10
Apr 24, 2017 7:15 PM
Apr 2014
How did Conan know that the 3rd CRY president's picture was the one that was removed? Specifically, how did he know it was the THIRD spot instead of some other spot?
Jan 21, 2018 4:42 AM

Apr 2014
liked the movie, with screentime for kaitou kid 8/10
"Even villains have standards"
-Accelerator-

Jan 11, 2019 1:19 PM

Feb 2013
RogueGeeLoki said:
How did Conan know that the 3rd CRY president's picture was the one that was removed? Specifically, how did he know it was the THIRD spot instead of some other spot?

Did you not pay attention? Pic 1 and 2 were dusty. Everyone after that was clean.
Nov 1, 2019 11:14 AM

Mar 2018
While it wasn't a bad movie and I enjoyed all of the action parts, the element that turned me off the most was the HEAVY amount of exposition. Seriously, I know they need to explain how some stuff happened, but there was honestly so much exposition that I was near bored by the middle of the movie.

Also, they really didn't care if the true culprit was revealed in the MIDDLE of the movie, huh?

Overall not bad, but I was really just tired of how much exposition there was.
7/10
"Smiles and laughter are always good, but never forget your poker face."
-Kaito Kuroba (aka Kaitou Kid)

"A thief is a creative artist who takes his prey in style. But a detective is nothing more than a critic who follows our footsteps."
-Kaito Kuroba (aka Kaitou Kid)

Dec 6, 2019 2:36 PM

Nov 2016
I thought it was an intriguing movie with a lot of suspense and I was really eager to find out everything about the culprit this time.

Most of my favorite characters were present too.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 20, 2020 2:37 PM
Nov 2013
The most jarring thing was the Genta part at the end >_>

Like, c'mon bruh.

Other than that, timing was the movie's biggest issue.

The action scenes (Mostly the motorcycle scene) were paced a bit too fast
Nov 30, 2020 1:05 PM
Apr 2017
This may be a weird question, but: what was the client trying to achieve at all?

chKampfaffeNov 30, 2020 1:17 PM
Jul 8, 2021 12:31 PM
May 2019
What was the password??
Apr 2, 2022 2:17 AM

Oct 2018
-After a string of duds, this one is actually quite good. Incidentally, the last great Conan film also took place in a theme park. Maybe that's the secret formula.

-It was an awesome moment in Last Wizard, but the novelty wears off when u do the same shtick in all of Kid's movie appearances. I don't know if anybody fell for that disguise (except Hattori, apparently)

-They wasted the badass Mouri solves mystery quota for the last movie, so can't do that again right?

-The funny thing is that the mastermind set up this elaborate detective game so he can make the epic grand reveal that he's the culprit. Fitting end that the narcissist didn't get what he wanted

*Man, that was a beautiful german suplex by Sato
~Spiritual Healing~

May 18, 2023 12:55 PM

Jul 2013
Meh movie, but that final part with Genta was comedy gold lol

ayan13 said:
What was the password??
"Itou Suehiko" i.e. the guy loves himself the most

More topics from this board

» Stop adding ___ to this movie!!! (SPOILER)

Kleferi - Jan 4, 2012

1 by KuudereKun »»
Jan 25, 2022 9:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.