Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 13, 2010 1:38 AM

Jan 2008
Thanks tantei!!! Been waiting for the subs. I'll queue them right away.
Jul 13, 2010 2:51 AM

May 2008
Quite interesting episode, I really enjoyed it.
Jul 13, 2010 3:09 AM

Jan 2009
Mukden, a den filled with Muk xD
Well, this was a somewhat different episode, but somewhat interesting, due to loads of information~
And I do want more of dat woman, Shizune D:
"She disappeared!"
"Uhm.. Why can't I open this?"
Despite the supposed seriousness of the situation, that was fun. xD
OosranJul 13, 2010 4:11 AM
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jul 13, 2010 8:31 AM

Aug 2008
What a massive info dump. I can only hope that things start to connect, because all I know is that everything is centered around Manchuria....and that's it. Thanks tantei...I would not have grasped any of the significance without the notes.
Jul 13, 2010 12:43 PM

Jul 2008
I felt like I was reading a textbook or something.
Jul 13, 2010 1:26 PM

Apr 2009
I thought it was presented in a very good, not boring way.

It clearly showed that Japan was responsible for everything, but at the same time Japan wasn't depicted as some evil evil masterbrain that was 100% bad.

The ep almost perfectly follwoed the textbook, that's right, but some minor things changed, and I guess it was done for the sake of the fictional plot itself.

All in all, Mukden Incident, Manchuria Invasion and things like that were just like in the history.

I personally hate the military and hate all the politicians, but watching our history was very interesting. Even the higher ups are people and sometimes they have to decide whether to follow their own ideals or follow their responsibilities. There's no "wrong" or "right" choice for them, but their choices lead to consequences on the huge scale.

It's beyonf my understanding why would anyone want to steal with force part of another country just for one's well-being greediness. And seeing that the Japanese tried to provoke the Chinese to start the war een makes everything worse.

I suppose the series's chronological line started sometime in 1931 is because it's the year when the unffocial war started between China and Japan, more like so-called little incidents that occured here and there, but neither proclaimed war.

I can go on and on about this, and seeing that not that much is really known about the Chinese side during those times (only their reaction towards the Kwantung army), I can say that Japan's at fault... Well, anyway, I think that the fact that Japan wanted to occupy Manchuria makes it automatically at fault.

... But on the second thought, it should also be taken into account that Kwantug army was semi-autonomic, seeing that it obviously acted on its own, and didn't get much direct orders from Japan. But before the Mukden Incident (if my memory's right) Japan dispatched an important dude to the Kwantung army headquarters, and the army lost an oppotunity to openly provoke China to start the war. That's why they had to blow up the rails and then make the Chinese army at fault, which's division was not far away from the bombing location.

I think it was a really selfish and highly immature and childish behaviour on Japan's behalf. The worst thing is that it had a world-scale consequences.

Feel free to add anything, because it's been a few hours since I finished watching this ep, so I might have forgotten something.
Sig Removed. Hosting site unavailable and giving fall virus readings
Jul 13, 2010 5:17 PM

Mar 2010
Wow this episode was really boring! Lots of history dragged out for an entire episode and nothing of our star characters at all except the mysterious prophet girl introduced in the 6.5 recap who was at one time Aoi's girl friend before she died?! I'm hoping it picks up next episode. Too many fillers for such a short show! I actually watched and liked the recap though. It explained things well.
Jul 14, 2010 8:20 PM

Nov 2007
Watching this I was a little confused and was wondering what this ep had to do with the others until random gf/wife turned up. Hopefully the next eps shed some light on how it's all connected!
Jul 15, 2010 7:58 AM
Jul 2010
Understand that this episode was not shown on tv, but through online streaming from Bandai's site. It's more for those who give a hoot about the historical background of the show rather than just following the characters' story. It's not vital that people watch this episode to enjoy the rest of the series, but it adds a bit more insight and flavor to the proceedings.

I liked the overall view regarding the story, and am a bit of a history junkie.
Jul 18, 2010 9:12 PM
Apr 2010
noteDhero said:
What a massive info dump. I can only hope that things start to connect, because all I know is that everything is centered around Manchuria....and that's it. Thanks tantei...I would not have grasped any of the significance without the notes.

and you see why we call this episode the cursed episode, because it was such a pain in the BEEP to work on. and present to someone who has not had a history lesson about this subject
Jul 19, 2010 4:04 AM

Jun 2009
I applaud Senkou No Night Raid for urging me to get educated. I had to Wiki the Mukden Incident to fully comprehend this episode. Very intelligent stuff.
Jul 20, 2010 1:51 AM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
noteDhero said:
What a massive info dump.
Seriously.

Hopefully this'll all make much more sense later :/
p r o f i l e 👀
Aug 19, 2010 7:30 PM

Jun 2009
Very interesting episode!
Oct 28, 2013 2:04 PM

Nov 2009
So . . . Was Aoi's girlfriend that prophet that has been living for centuries or do they just happen to look exactly like each other? Anyways, she can't be that good of a prophet if she advised Japan to take a step towards alienating themselves from the US and instead joining hands with Hitler.
May 14, 2014 12:58 AM

Jul 2008
Well I think after this episode, the series is about to hit a hard right turn. I'm surprised they showed just how F*cked up the Japanese people were to China.
Aug 28, 2014 6:17 PM

May 2012
Quite strange yet very interesting episode, I do wonder what's next!
Mar 9, 2015 8:17 AM

Oct 2008
Oh so now all of a sudden its dull and dry history lesson and not interwar X-men show,good to know...
Oct 25, 2021 9:39 AM

Aug 2017
Bro, wtf was that. Well, more context but it wasn't necessary to be a full episode and that "prophet" not being able to open the door took me out of the immersion lol.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Apr 24, 2022 11:11 AM

Aug 2014
If youre into history, this episode was great.

If youre not into history, this episode can be seen as a boring infodump.

I had no problem with the prophet being in the room with the generals, however, I did not like the scene where she could not open the door; it seemed immersion breaking.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Senkou no Night Raid Episode 5 Discussion

ShanaFlame - May 3, 2010

42 by Dywei »»
Jan 29, 5:06 AM

Poll: » Senkou no Night Raid Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Jun 28, 2010

54 by SlammyHammy »»
Apr 19, 2023 8:26 PM

» Japan's War Propaganda and Crimes

guyklc - Apr 12, 2010

38 by Neostorm-X »»
Jul 18, 2022 4:28 PM

Poll: » Senkou no Night Raid Episode 9 Discussion

tsubasalover - May 31, 2010

26 by oooo3333 »»
Apr 22, 2022 10:32 PM

Poll: » Senkou no Night Raid Episode 12 Discussion

tsubasalover - Jun 21, 2010

39 by Nurguburu »»
Dec 6, 2021 10:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.