Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 30, 2023 8:09 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
The wraparound band on the 44th volume of Ken Kawasaki and Yuu Furusawa's Ooi! Tonbo (Hey! Tonbo) manga announced an anime adaptation on Monday. The anime is scheduled to premiere in 2024.

Kawasaki and Furusawa began serializing the sports drama manga in Weekly Golf Digest magazine in August 2014. The Golf Digest Company shipped the 44th volume this Monday.

Synopsis
Tonbo Ooi, the protagonist, lost both of her parents in a car accident when she was young and was raised by her grandfather, Gonji Ooi, a fisherman on the island of Kagoshima in the Tokara Islands. Tonbo learns to play golf while using her father's inherited No. 3 iron on the island's three golf courses, which were built by the islanders themselves.

The story begins with Tonbo meeting Kazuyoshi Igarashi, a former professional golfer who has come to Kagoshima in search of work.

Manga special site: https://my-golfdigest.jp/tonbosp/

Source: Comic Natalie

Ooi! Tonbo on MAL
DatRandomDudeJan 15, 7:46 PM
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Apr 30, 2023 8:50 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
another golf girl anime?

also love the 80s/early 90s artstyle
Apr 30, 2023 11:18 PM

Sep 2020
Golf is a borring sport we need some teenage drama to make it intresting.
May 1, 2023 12:48 AM

Sep 2013
Frostwork said:
Hopefully it'll be better than this "Birdy wings" or what's-it's-title. I'll give it a try if it focuses on sport itself, it's rules and explain how golf works (like karuta was in the 1st season of "Chihayafuru" or Go in "Hikaru no Go"). And if it's just a background for another teenage "drama", than no, thanks.
Agree with you here. I was disappointed with how Birdie Wing turned out. 

However, I might keep an eye on this one to see if it's gonna take a different approach.
May 1, 2023 2:56 AM

Feb 2021
Frostwork said:
Hopefully it'll be better than this "Birdy wings" or what's-it's-title. I'll give it a try if it focuses on sport itself, it's rules and explain how golf works (like karuta was in the 1st season of "Chihayafuru" or Go in "Hikaru no Go"). And if it's just a background for another teenage "drama", than no, thanks.

I too hope that it will be better than Birdie Wing, it became very boring for me to watch.
May 1, 2023 10:52 AM

Apr 2012
Frostwork said:
Gear707 said:
Agree with you here. I was disappointed with how Birdie Wing turned out. 

However, I might keep an eye on this one to see if it's gonna take a different approach.
Looking at today's shonens and gacha like D4DJ, there is a second renaissance of edgy and agnst things these days. I wouldn't be surprised if emo becomes trendy again lol.

EcchiGodMamster said:
another golf girl anime?

also love the 80s/early 90s artstyle
Don't worry, it's not all-female and it's not moe.
May 1, 2023 8:59 PM
Dec 2022
Golf is like a very common kind of sports in Japan. So, I think this anime wouldn't explain a lot about golf-related rules and norms.
May 1, 2023 10:40 PM

Feb 2021
MalchikRepaid said:
Golf is like a very common kind of sports in Japan. So, I think this anime wouldn't explain a lot about golf-related rules and norms.

How is it a popular and they won't explain rules of the game? You contradict yourself.
May 1, 2023 10:51 PM
Dec 2022
Memore said:
How is it a popular and they won't explain rules of the game? You contradict yourself.
You don't see any Japanese baseball anime or movie that explains about baseball rules.
May 1, 2023 11:00 PM

Feb 2021
MalchikRepaid said:
Memore said:
You don't see any Japanese baseball anime or movie that explains about baseball rules.

No, you are wrong, I watched some sport series and it was explained.
May 1, 2023 11:07 PM
Dec 2022
Memore said:
Perhaps our definition of explanation is different. When I watched Birdie Wing, I didn't recognize concrete things on explaining golf rules because how obvious they are. I thought most people know about golf rules like a stereotypical Asian-Canadian or Asian-American.
May 1, 2023 11:38 PM

Feb 2021
MalchikRepaid said:
Memore said:
Perhaps our definition of explanation is different. When I watched Birdie Wing, I didn't recognize concrete things on explaining golf rules because how obvious they are. I thought most people know about golf rules like a stereotypical Asian-Canadian or Asian-American.

Yes, I agree, but I am from Russia and golf here is not so well-known.
May 1, 2023 11:44 PM
Dec 2022
Memore said:
Yes, I agree, but I am from Russia and golf here is not so well-known.
Ochen' interesno. (Very fascinating.)

Well, golf is a very sensitive individual sport. It can be quite boring.
May 2, 2023 6:34 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Birdie Wing is goated so hopefully this will be as good (But not in the same way lol)
May 2, 2023 7:30 AM

Dec 2018
IMO there are way too many males in BW and therefore I ignored it 

If this only going to have cute little girls, and ALL of them are lesbians I might watch this =)

Little golf lesbians should kiss each other,,,YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

May 14, 2023 2:27 AM
May 2023
Cant wait to see another golf girl. Sometimes I think about it because I made a anime character on old remini app 
BettyPattersonMay 18, 2023 11:12 PM
May 16, 2023 10:50 AM

Oct 2017
The era of more golf anime coming?

More topics from this board

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - 8 hours ago

12 by _ATG_ »»
8 minutes ago

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - 5 hours ago

7 by Yubisoft »»
50 minutes ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 24

5 by Kushna »»
8 hours ago

» 'Code Geass: Dakkan no Rozé' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 10

17 by animegamer245 »»
10 hours ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Apr 23

31 by animegamer245 »»
Yesterday, 1:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.