Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 28, 2023 7:01 PM

May 2021
37 pages after so long, the flashbacks are now over.
Kanda and Allen reuniting with Link and Johnyy, The Gray Zone, Mana, Kanda searching for Mana and Allen and the others going to the campbell mansion.
The story is finally approaching the main point.
Can't wait for 248.
Apr 29, 2023 9:23 AM

Aug 2020
DarkHumor04 said:
37 pages after so long, the flashbacks are now over.
Kanda and Allen reuniting with Link and Johnyy, The Gray Zone, Mana, Kanda searching for Mana and Allen and the others going to the campbell mansion.
The story is finally approaching the main point.
Can't wait for 248.

More like the story is reaching is ending point with back to back twist and turns in each chapter in upcoming chapters, this gonna be pure hype but still they should already do 1 chapter per month schedule by now :(

Alma being alive is no shock btw since if kanda is Alive then why not him and the characters doesn't die in d gray man for some reason Idk what hoshino thinking while writing that "the characters still alive part" let's see how she gonna use them.

Imma gonna read this chapter multiple time for sure.
Apr 29, 2023 12:40 PM
May 2021
Where did you guys find the english translation I cant find it
Apr 29, 2023 1:22 PM

Jul 2013
Finally. After 5 years that goddam flashback finally ended. It honestly should be a motive of celebration, I thought we would never escape from it. And even better, this chapter has been quite nice. I feel the plot has advanced after years of being stuck in the same point. The thing that has surprised me the most is how quickly Link revealed himself to Allen, I thought he would remain hidden for a while before reuniting with Allen, but I'm glad they didn't drag off the subplot for much. Seems Allen, Johnny and Link will go to the Campbell mansion while Kanda and Tiedoll will investigate Mana's death and follow the footsteps of Apocryphos. Either way I hope the new arc doesn't ends being as tedious as the previous ones, this was definitely a promising beginning.
Apr 30, 2023 1:01 PM

Sep 2010
Malako41001 said:
Where did you guys find the english translation I cant find it

Look for dimitron38 on the website with the blue bird ;) 
sevkiApr 30, 2023 1:06 PM
Apr 30, 2023 1:06 PM

Sep 2010
Illyricus said:
Finally. After 5 years that goddam flashback finally ended. It honestly should be a motive of celebration, I thought we would never escape from it. And even better, this chapter has been quite nice. I feel the plot has advanced after years of being stuck in the same point. The thing that has surprised me the most is how quickly Link revealed himself to Allen, I thought he would remain hidden for a while before reuniting with Allen, but I'm glad they didn't drag off the subplot for much. Seems Allen, Johnny and Link will go to the Campbell mansion while Kanda and Tiedoll will investigate Mana's death and follow the footsteps of Apocryphos. Either way I hope the new arc doesn't ends being as tedious as the previous ones, this was definitely a promising beginning.

Agreed on all your thoughts, my friend :) That flashback was really like a loop we could not get away from. Let's see how the future chapters will come off. Hopefully they will be around 35 pages as well!
May 1, 2023 2:00 PM

Jul 2013
sevki said:
Illyricus said:

Agreed on all your thoughts, my friend :) That flashback was really like a loop we could not get away from. Let's see how the future chapters will come off. Hopefully they will be around 35 pages as well!
I think the flashback was needed because the story of how Allen met Mana was never told before in the manga and it was important for it to be shown as their relationship is the heart of the manga. However, it got too dragged off for its own good. Being almost 5 years spent on that eternal flashback was quite rough.
May 2, 2023 5:41 AM

Jul 2017
What a great chapter,it feels surreal to reach the ending of the flashback after years,now we are finally getting to the main plot.Almost makes me dream of Lavi coming back in the future hahaha

May 5, 2023 3:00 PM

Jun 2017
Damn I am old, it's insane that flashback went on for 5 years irl time.
May 5, 2023 5:15 PM
Dec 2012
An actual interesting new chapter of DGM?? Incredible. I'm just so thrilled to be done with the circus backstory and getting actual plot information. Literally thank god.
May 7, 2023 1:13 AM

Oct 2017
The flashback is finally over, took forever. We finally got a long chapter too.
May 7, 2023 8:35 PM

Oct 2016
Yeah go uncover the truth of this holy war, so you can move the plot forward.
Jun 23, 2023 6:11 AM
Jul 2018
Illyricus said:
sevki said:

I think the flashback was needed because the story of how Allen met Mana was never told before in the manga and it was important for it to be shown as their relationship is the heart of the manga. However, it got too dragged off for its own good. Being almost 5 years spent on that eternal flashback was quite rough.

I feel you and I feel kinda captured by D.Gray-man since I like it a lot in theory, but now I'm actively reading manga anymore most times, if they are already finished.
removed-userJun 23, 2023 6:38 AM
Jun 29, 2023 7:22 AM
Aug 2021
Illyricus said:
sevki said:

How long was the flashback?
Jun 29, 2023 7:50 AM

Jul 2013
Joche1 said:
Illyricus said:

How long was the flashback?
It started in January 2019 and ended in January 2023, we were in the flashback for 4 years and a month. Considering that DGM chapters only come every three months (those being January, April, July and October) and the there was no chapter in October 2022, it felt like an eternity.

More topics from this board

Poll: » D.Gray-man Chapter 251 Discussion

Mei-o_Scarlett - Apr 24

6 by Illyricus »»
1 hour ago

» How is d gray man? Should you get into it?

MonadProxyy - Feb 21, 2022

18 by Enbu_Kirikaze »»
Mar 17, 2:49 PM

Poll: » D.Gray-man Chapter 250 Discussion

DarkHumor04 - Jan 22

7 by Roxas232 »»
Mar 16, 12:36 PM

Poll: » D.Gray-man Chapter 249 Discussion

Mei-o_Scarlett - Oct 26, 2023

7 by Enbu_Kirikaze »»
Jan 13, 8:31 AM

Poll: » D.Gray-man Chapter 242 Discussion

Illyricus - Nov 9, 2021

14 by SoulReaper01_ »»
Dec 4, 2023 4:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.