Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 10, 2023 9:15 PM
Jun 2021
I know there's a lot HxH fans out there that thinks the series is perfection but I wanna ask those same people, what do you think is Hunter X Hunter biggest flaw? Anybody is allowed to answer this (Even if you don't like Hunter X Hunter at all). What it's biggest weakness? I'm curious to read your thoughts 🤔
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 10, 2023 9:26 PM
May 2022
The manga hiatus is the flaw

Mar 10, 2023 9:29 PM
Feb 2021
I love this series, but I think that all the hype around Chimera arc let me down. For me personally, I felt like the buildup was way too long, and that the characters introduced during the arc interested me much less than the rest of the arcs. I found myself watching on 1.5x speed a LOT to get thru the arc.

Other than the pacing of that one arc, I don't really have any major complaints. I would have liked some more conversation about Gons personality and behavioral patterns. He has to be one of the more refreshingly selfish and crazy MCs that I've come across.
Mar 10, 2023 9:31 PM
Jul 2018
LS_07 said:

Firstly, the world building in hxh is surprisingly bad. It starts off fine in the hunter exam arc, but slowly becomes nonesensical. I can not tell you the real geography of this world, and I mean that in the worst way possible. There are three huge cities that all look exactly the same, for example. If I were to look on a map of the hxh world, I would not be able to point these cities out, and I definetly would not be able to by looking at them. It never feels like the possibilities of this world are being explored. Secondly, characters are forgotten. Sure, Leorio wants to become a doctor so he has his own goals, and thats realisticly what would happen, but like seriously Togashi does not handle the concept of keeping characters relevent very well. Even if it is a minor character who could slightly be useful later is usually scrapped to make room for the character that Togashi is interested in at that point, who is usually eventually also forgotten. Lastly, the story structure might “disect the shonen formula”, but on occasion, it also kinda sucks. Plotlines that are built up for years are dropped because that is “surprising”, and huge story beats usually come out of nowhere with no build up because again, that is “surprising”. A good chunk of the time, this story structure works, but it also makes way for some dumb story structure moments. All in all, these series is one of my favorites, and besides, all these cons have pros to them. The world might seem fresh every time we go to a new location, the characters revelency patterns could make to show unpredictlble etc. Either way, I really like this series, flaws and all.
Mar 10, 2023 9:34 PM
Jul 2021
''Hiatus''.....
Mar 10, 2023 10:55 PM
May 2021
It's biggest flaw is it's too short. I want more 150 episodes to fulfill my hunger for hxh.
Mar 10, 2023 11:05 PM

Nov 2021
yeah, its the hiatus which is the biggest flow of this anime. Hunter x Hunter is the peak of shounen anime.
Mar 10, 2023 11:22 PM
Nov 2022
I would say the pacing is it’s biggest flaw, it’s really slow at some points.
Mar 10, 2023 11:31 PM
Apr 2022
FIRST- Pacing
SECOND - I think Gon's character is too bright for ME and Kilua and Kuripika have better background story for motivation in my opinion
Mar 10, 2023 11:45 PM
Dec 2019
It’s just not good, I don’t hate HxH but got damn this shit is lame, nothing interesting is going on and I stop caring before we can get to the “good parts” and the good parts aren’t even saving it, if I have to watch this or something else I’m watching something else and to think this was made by the man who wrote yu yu hakusho, you hate to see it. The flaw here is that it’s just not consistent with keeping you interested.
Mar 10, 2023 11:47 PM

Dec 2021
The pacing of the chimera ant arc
Mar 11, 2023 12:04 AM
Feb 2023
My issue, although kinda weird, is that Togashi indroduces characters with the most insane bat shit crazy nen abilities and Togashi for some reason "safeguards" them for the future without utilizing them. He shows the audience about their abilities and doesnt do anything with them. Long story short, the unutilized potential. There are literally some fights between a lot of characters that i would gladly sell my grandma to watch (we got one with chrollo and hisoka) but thats one fight out of the 500 that need to take place
Mar 11, 2023 12:11 AM

Jul 2015
Besides the obvious "it ends when you still want more", my biggest problem was with Leorio character.
This guy would be out of the picture on episode 2, if Gon wouldn't stop him from boarding the bus, does (almost) absolutely nothing for entire series and then appears by the very end, overpowered as fcuk.
Also, Kurapika completely disappears after Yorknew Arc.
Also, lack of compelling female characters.

That's about it.

Dec 2021
Pretty slow pacing with some arcs, a very weird start of the anime. I could nitpick and say some fights were kinda "unsatisfying".
Oct 2022
the length of the chimera ant arc and the hiatus
Mar 11, 2023 12:34 AM

Feb 2021
Edwardelric707 said:
LS_07 said:

Firstly, the world building in hxh is surprisingly bad. It starts off fine in the hunter exam arc, but slowly becomes nonesensical. I can not tell you the real geography of this world, and I mean that in the worst way possible. There are three huge cities that all look exactly the same, for example. If I were to look on a map of the hxh world, I would not be able to point these cities out, and I definetly would not be able to by looking at them. It never feels like the possibilities of this world are being explored. Secondly, characters are forgotten. Sure, Leorio wants to become a doctor so he has his own goals, and thats realisticly what would happen, but like seriously Togashi does not handle the concept of keeping characters relevent very well. Even if it is a minor character who could slightly be useful later is usually scrapped to make room for the character that Togashi is interested in at that point, who is usually eventually also forgotten. Lastly, the story structure might “disect the shonen formula”, but on occasion, it also kinda sucks. Plotlines that are built up for years are dropped because that is “surprising”, and huge story beats usually come out of nowhere with no build up because again, that is “surprising”. A good chunk of the time, this story structure works, but it also makes way for some dumb story structure moments. All in all, these series is one of my favorites, and besides, all these cons have pros to them. The world might seem fresh every time we go to a new location, the characters revelency patterns could make to show unpredictlble etc. Either way, I really like this series, flaws and all.

Bad take. Holly hell what bad take.
Mar 11, 2023 12:36 AM

Feb 2021
Dabitsu said:
I know there's a lot HxH fans out there that thinks the series is perfection but I wanna ask those same people, what do you think is Hunter X Hunter biggest flaw? Anybody is allowed to answer this (Even if you don't like Hunter X Hunter at all). What it's biggest weakness? I'm curious to read your thoughts 🤔

There is no “big flaw” in HxH, but the one notable mistake could be the introduction of nen in heaven’s arena. Togashi firstly lied about how nen works at first, which is kinda stupid.
Mar 11, 2023 12:50 AM
Jan 2021
Idk. I might say the hype around the chimera ant arc. while I did still enjoy it I was pretty disappointed in the arc due to how much people hyped it up. it had great moments in it but it also had a lot of episodes where it felt like nothing happened and they just talked for the full 20 minutes
Mar 11, 2023 12:55 AM

Feb 2023
Nothing is flawless, and Hunter x Hunter
is no exception for that. But i don't think there is any significant flaw in it.

also, i don't understand how does failing to live up to the expectations can be flaw for some?
loftiiMar 11, 2023 1:01 AM
Mar 11, 2023 12:55 AM
Feb 2023
Chimera ant arc drags on way too much. It’s still my favourite arc. But like so many in thread said; the pacing is its biggest flaw.
Mar 11, 2023 1:01 AM

Apr 2020
Togashi is great with characters and clever concepts, not so much with worldbuilding and continuity. Many early ideas or storys are often forgotten or retconned.

Mar 11, 2023 1:19 AM
Jun 2022
I love hunter x hunter but i think a flaw of it is the plot not matching up everywhere. So like how killua didnt know nen but still had nen like abilities.
Another thing is that some characters were forgotten about after the exam, like we kept seeing kurapika and killua but leorio was just kinda gone. I think i would have liked more leorio appearances.
Mar 11, 2023 1:22 AM

Sep 2022
HxH's only flaw is that it's flawless so it's really hard to find any flaw.

/thread
Mar 11, 2023 2:35 AM
Jan 2023
1) many episodes are kinda boring
2) Hiatus in the anime
Mar 11, 2023 3:45 AM
May 2021
Honestly im not that invested in anything besides yorknew and chimera ant, but those strong points are so strong it overshadows the weakpoints
Mar 11, 2023 4:00 AM
Aug 2021
I love hxh but i don't like nen and how its introduced to us. There are also some other things that i don't like but yeah
Mar 11, 2023 4:03 AM
Sep 2021
The hiatus (character limit)
Mar 11, 2023 4:44 AM
Oct 2017
i would say the plot hole of nen being a "secret" despite the fights in the heavens arena being televised and hisoka talking with complete freedom about how he won using his nen techniques and tricks, all those fights and explenations being televised and its still a secret?

or about all pf the random people they see throughout the world that use nen and its not clarafied how they know how to use it?
Mar 11, 2023 4:51 AM
Nov 2019
Dabitsu said:

Imo the chimera ant arc was really slow and them being chimeras was kinda off putting to me. The arc did have its moments but it was really boring at times
Mar 11, 2023 4:57 AM
Sep 2018
i think the chimera arc was it's biggest flaw.It was so slooowww.I remember the Invasion in Mereum's palace was so boring
Mar 11, 2023 5:10 AM
Nov 2021
I think There is not enough fights but maybe that’s just me
Mar 11, 2023 5:13 AM

Oct 2012
Dabitsu said:

I don't know about the manga, but the only flaw in the anime series is that it ended.
[ Insert signature here ]
Mar 11, 2023 5:27 AM
Jul 2022
There were some slow points in Chimera Ant arc, and it was dragged out.
And also the anime should have ended at the arc before the Dark Continent arc.
Mar 11, 2023 6:17 AM
Jul 2022
Ig the pacing and the narrator in Chimera Ant Arc.
Mar 11, 2023 6:21 AM
Jul 2022
Djwhy said:
I think There is not enough fights but maybe that’s just me

because it isn't the casual battle shounen anime
Mar 11, 2023 6:43 AM
Sep 2021
Hunter x Hunter was my first anime and still one of my all time favorites. However, there are definitely flaws. For example, while I still do love the chimera ant arc, I don’t know that anyone could argue that the pacing was done well. Togashi also brings ideas or story threads up seemingly with the intention of going somewhere with them, but then never brings them up again (a great example of that is Gyro, and I understand that could be something that gets brought up later on but who knows at this point). There’s also inconsistencies like making a point of saying that nen is like this super secret thing that would be really dangerous in the wrong hands but then there are televised battles between nen users for all to see. These are kinda nit picky things that, in my opinion, don’t take anything away from the show and I still do think Togashi is an excellent writer. However, part of loving something is being able to critique it and recognize its flaws.
Mar 11, 2023 6:48 AM
Jun 2022
Kite not being in the first episode, so it it possibly removes some of the emotional weight that gon probably had or the long pacing of the chimera ant arc. Either could be considered the biggest flaw
-VortexMar 30, 2023 12:03 PM
Mar 11, 2023 6:58 AM
Feb 2020
the hunters exams is very boring, i droped two times watching, but after this it is great
Mar 11, 2023 7:05 AM
Feb 2020
Pacing, some arcs like greed which were mid (not consistent), feels like its all thrown arc after arc meaning no real connection besides Gon searching for his father, hero vs villain clash choice and payoff
Mar 11, 2023 7:21 AM
Sep 2021
the hiatus of its source material is it's biggest flaw
Mar 11, 2023 7:24 AM

Jan 2009
for me its too much exposition feels like reading a light novel instead of a manga
Mar 11, 2023 7:28 AM
Sep 2021
Not being finished

Mar 11, 2023 7:36 AM
May 2021
Ä°ts just perfect
Mar 11, 2023 7:45 AM
May 2021
elderonn said:
Edwardelric707 said:

Bad take. Holly hell what bad take.

Yeah I don’t know what this guy is on about but he buggin
Mar 11, 2023 7:49 AM
Jan 2018
The censorship in the Madhouse adaption. Part of enjoying Hunter X Hunter is engaging with depravity. You never know what crazy twisted thing Togashi's gonna show you next. The 2011 adaption is just so great that my points almost feel like they fade into the background. But if you read the last batch of HXH chapters, you gotta wonder how a story like this can be told when censors have changed the state of some anime.

Other than that, the 2011 adaption is an improvement on the manga and the 1999 adaption because it has a concrete ending. Which is probably more than us manga fans will ever realistically get. Tho I can understand how disappointing dropped plot points can be. But honestly there is no such thing as an anime or manga where every plot point is 100% followed to its conclusion. If you can give other anime a pass you can give HXH a pass too.
Mar 11, 2023 8:59 AM
Feb 2022
many things People are picky basterds
Mar 11, 2023 11:13 AM
May 2021
RequiemLo64 said:
It’s just not good, I don’t hate HxH but got damn this shit is lame, nothing interesting is going on and I stop caring before we can get to the “good parts” and the good parts aren’t even saving it, if I have to watch this or something else I’m watching something else and to think this was made by the man who wrote yu yu hakusho, you hate to see it. The flaw here is that it’s just not consistent with keeping you interested.

says the guy with my hero academia in his favourites lmao
Mar 11, 2023 12:20 PM
Jun 2021
Philipek18 said:
RequiemLo64 said:

I have MHA as my favorite too. Your point?
Mar 11, 2023 12:40 PM
Dec 2019
Philipek18 said:
RequiemLo64 said:

Well maybe my hero does something HxH doesn’t lmao try again.
Mar 11, 2023 12:42 PM
Dec 2021
The chimera ant arc, it’s really boring , too bad since I was hyped to watch it
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Hunter x Hunter (2011) came out 10 years after the original series. What are the chances we get a remake this year? 2011 version ended in Sep 2014 ( 1 2 )

animeboilolz - Apr 23

63 by Timeline_man »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 117 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2014

238 by mrymtrisyia78910 »»
Apr 24, 1:55 PM

Poll: » Who is your Favourite character?

PushedCaraway - Mar 29

45 by PushedCaraway »»
Apr 24, 11:22 AM

» Is Hisoka a fraud?

Leon888 - Nov 22, 2023

43 by Angra_Shadow »»
Apr 23, 5:18 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 135 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2014

876 by red-tomato »»
Apr 21, 3:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.