Forum Settings
Forums
New
Which one would you like to complete?
#1 - April Showers
17.1%
#2 - What if tommorow will not happen?
16.5%
#3 - The Monthly That Is Certainly, One Hundred Percent, Without a Doubt, NOT Lying to You
34.8%
#4 - Another Possibility: Aprīlis
31.7%
164 votes
Feb 28, 2023 7:25 PM
Probably a Maso

Dec 2014
Banner: SheyCroix

VOTING WINNER GETS AN ADDITIONAL 0.50 POINTS FOR THEIR APR'23 CHALLENGE

Voting Period: March 15th until March 31st

Find below the submissions: Rules, Explanations, Submission Form and info for the Badge Reward for the Winner
APRIL 2023 SUBMISSIONS
Send your submission via PM to _Bri to participate.
Submitting period ended.

Theme: April Showers
Explanation: an excuse to use an Aimer song as a theme

Colors: Cambridge Blue & Tea Rose
Items:

• Watch an anime that takes place in the spring
    Upon hearing the fading voice in the middle of the rain, I stopped walking to gaze upon the city, the hazy sky is turning into something beautiful and nostalgic. You have always stayed by my side, you even stood still on days when the rain pours unceasingly even as scenery floated past unexpectedly under the shelter of the trees.
    — Must appear on the tag list.

• Watch an anime with a character tagged as either an aries or taurus
    The lark is still unable to fly as its wings were drenched by the april showers. In the cold of early spring it furls its body, awaiting the passing of time. Just as this dream with subdued colours is adorned by seeds of sunlight, I will adorn the lark with poems until its wings could flap again and fly into the distant skies
    — State the character used; Can be main or supporting; Character must appear listed on the provided tag list and their site (not necessarily on MAL).

• Watch an anime tagged as a tragedy
    A long shadow and a voice calling out to me, the night I stopped time and saw the stars, words exchanged before going to sleep, these are all the things I do not want to lose. When the things you can’t afford to lose ever increases submerge everything in warmth. In the coldness of the passing rain, it furls its body, and stayed still

• Watch an anime with a flower viewing scene.
    The april shower is swayed by the wind, the lark is now looking at the sky. In the cold of early spring, it spreads its wings in abandon. The one thing I can’t afford to lose is buried inside my bag. I head on to the distant skies and into the month of May, where flowers bloom without opening my umbrella

Theme: What if tommorow will not happen?
Explanation: We should take care about other people. We can't predict when it will all end.

Colors: Bloody & Lost
Items:

Theme: The Monthly That Is Certainly, One Hundred Percent, Without a Doubt, NOT Lying to You
Explanation: Challenge items that revolve around the virtues of Honesty and Truth, and would in no way be deceitful, despicable, or dishonest.

Colors: Purple, Blue
Items:

• Watch a Serious and/or VERY Serious anime
    I am very serious about telling the truth. No funny games here.
    — State the genre/theme used; Must appear on the genre/theme list.

• Watch an anime with a character that is Well-Behaved and/or Always Tells the Truth
    Anime characters and stories should set the example, no?
    — State the character used; Can be main or supporting; Character must appear listed on the provided tag list and their site (not necessarily on MAL).

• Watch an anime featuring an animal that represents truth: the Fox or the Snake
    Because that's DEFINITELY what these animals are known for doing.
    — State the character used; Can be main or supporting; Character must appear listed on the provided tag list and their site (not necessarily on MAL). Alternative listings for fox and snake.

• Watch an anime from a genre where nobody EVER lies, EVER: Mystery and/or Strategy Game
    Am I messing with you? You decide.
    — State the genre/theme used; Must appear on the genre/theme list.

Theme: Another Possibility: Aprīlis
Explanation: Here and there it says that the fourth month of the year might be named after Aphrodítē (Aphrodite), a Greek Goddess (or Venus, if you fancy Roman Mythology). Taking that possibility as a reality, this month is dedicated to her.

Colors: April Palette (Greenish and Pinkish)
Items:

As she is a Greek Goddess, we should start by getting ourselves acquaintance with ...
  • Watch an anime with Greek Mythology or just Mythology in general
    — State the tag used; Must appear on the tag list.

Aphrodite is a Goddess often associated with love, lust, beauty, pleasure, passion, and procreation.
  • Watch an anime with Procreation or a Passionate character
    — State the tag used; Must appear on the tag list; If using "Passionate", state the character used; Can be main or supporting; Character must appear listed on the provided tag list and their site (not necessarily on MAL).

• Watch an anime about Love or a Lustful joy
    Love will refer to Romance, Romantic Subtext, Love Polygon, Boys Love or Girls Love. Lustful will refer to the explicit genres of Ecchi, Erotica or Hentai.
    — State the tag used; Must appear on the tag list.

Lastly, the fourth month is not one that signifies Spring everywhere. There are parts of the world that said month signifies Autumn.
  • Watch an anime that premiered during the Spring or Fall season
    — State the one used; Must appear on the seasonal page used.

RULES / EXPLANATION
MUST READ BEFORE SUBMITTING

• All submissions MUST be sent via private message (any posted submissions will be deleted and ignored).
     — We will alternate every now and then who will host the challenge each month, be sure to check.
     — If you don't see your submission added after voting is open, please contact either of us on this club discord server ASAP.

• Sakku-san cannot make a challenge submission for the next month due to winning the current monthly challenge.

• Do not submit a bonus in your submission as all bonuses will be removed (regardless of the month).

• Remember that your submission should consist of four (4) items.
     — All monthly challenges will have a requirement of "anime used must be equal to or longer than 15 minutes (total)".
     — Your items can't be restrictive, or require watching a specific anime. They should provide an equal pool of options for everyone, regardless of how much anime they have watched.
     — Make sure to read the Rules / Explanation thread for the rest.

• Your submission must not contain any item used on the last monthly challenge, as those items are in a one month cooldown.

• We reserve the right to request those submitting a challenge to revise their items, as to make it easier for both participants and inspectors.

• Voting: Poll numbers reference the submission numbers below. Please vote through the poll.

• Comments, suggestions, opinions, etc. are welcomed in this thread, just don't post your submissions here.

SUBMISSION FORM
DO NOT CHANGE THE PROVIDED FORMAT

Theme: What does the month means to you?
Explanation: Brief information on what it means; Optional

Colors: These will be used on the items; again, what colors do you think of when you think of that particular month?
Items: This is the actual challenge. List (it doesn't have to be fancy) what the user must do in order to complete that month's challenge.
 Examples
  • Watch 1 TV type series
    info about the item; any specifics/requirements

• Watch a movie that has the word "word" in the title

• Watch an anime with a tag

• What an anime about a theme

Please copy and paste on the PM, with the required information:
[code][b]Theme:[/b]
[b]Explanation:[/b] 

[b]Colors:[/b]
[b]Items:[/b]
[list]
[*]
[color=gray][size=90]INFO[/size][/color]

[*]

[*]

[*]
[/list][/code]

Send your submission via PM to _Bri to participate.
Submitting period ended.

Please make sure to leave the [code] tags as this will allow to just copy and paste your submission rather than having to basically re-create it.

BADGE REWARD FOR THE WINNER
MUST READ BEFORE REQUESTING

• Each monthly winner will have the option to request a personalized badge to showcase winning that monthly voting.
     ― Each badge will need to be claimed during the winning month or it will be void, thus you won't be able to claim it afterwards.

• Each winner can pick from one of the provided templates and/or must provide their image of choice to be used.

• Winners from previous monthly challenges (before this was available; 2020 or before) are allowed to claim with certain restrictions.

• Requests for previous winners will be available for a limited amount of time.

• Each badge can only be claimed on the Challenge Completion Rewards.

• Find more info, the request format and templates here.

BriMar 31, 2023 8:53 PM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

» ⚔️ AWCC Staff Battle '24: I Died From Lack of Sleep Trying To Finish All These Challenges and Woke Up in Another World Where the AWCC Staff Are All Villains ( う-´)づ︻╦̵̵̿╤── \(˚☐˚”)/ ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Bri - Feb 29

263 by Rage_Beat06 »»
57 minutes ago

Sticky: » 🏆 Challenges Turn-Ins (v.3) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

SheyCroix - Nov 1, 2021

8934 by Rage_Beat06 »»
1 hour ago

» Theme Tags Challenge ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

SheyCroix - Sep 21, 2019

672 by Rage_Beat06 »»
1 hour ago

» Shiritori Challenge ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

riho88riho - Apr 17, 2018

306 by Genovia_ »»
4 hours ago

» Historical Challenge ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

riho88riho - Jul 7, 2016

571 by DigiCat »»
4 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.