Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 11, 2010 6:43 PM
Feb 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
OMg whatttt!?!?!? Ikumi gone crazee, he was in love with his sister incest much?
Jan 10, 2011 3:03 PM

Aug 2009
WOW I was not expecting that to happen to Ikumi, or the incest think, WTF. I actually thought Kouji was going to die for a couple of episodes there. Too many crazy things happening lol.
Apr 5, 2011 1:35 PM

Feb 2009
Who would've thought that captain Conrad would give up on destroying the Ryvius.I guess he really loved his daughter. Then again,changing his mind and shooting him self so suddenly...
Setsia said:
OMg whatttt!?!?!?

Just my reaction.Ikumi and incest?! Just when i thought there wouldn't be more surprises. And what's more,his sister commited suicide because of it.Was she pregnant or something? Quite the crazy show. I like it!

"Only the dead have seen the end of war".
~Plato~
Apr 5, 2011 6:50 PM

Feb 2009
I think Ikumi is a pretty cool guy. eh loves sisters and doesnt afraid of anything

what an unnecessary plot twist =D
Mar 16, 2012 2:48 PM

Jun 2009
hmm I didn't catch that incest thing...
but Kouji is the worse personality I've ever encountered in animes! If there's such a thing as my least favourite character it would be him, no wonder Yuki just wanna punch him all the time!
Sep 20, 2012 4:52 PM

Dec 2009
... what
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Mar 1, 2013 5:00 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
The sudden change in Captain Conrad and the decision to save the children felt a bit abrupt to me. It could have been developed more I think.

Strange journey it has been so far. Faina and Ikumi, who seemed some of the most level headed characters at the beggining of the show were actually the ones with most issues.

Yuki finally got his head out of his ass. First episode were he just doesn't punch his brother at the first turn.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Nov 13, 2013 6:30 PM

Nov 2009
Shit . . . People just snapped this episode. Anyways glad that Kouji didn't die, although they still left him for dead earlier so it's not like they are completely innocent.
Mar 17, 2014 1:29 AM

Jan 2013
meneope said:

but Kouji is the worse personality I've ever encountered in animes! If there's such a thing as my least favourite character it would be him, no wonder Yuki just wanna punch him all the time!

I honestly have no idea how you even come to that predicament..
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Idc if you think its weird, I have a life and friends and an income of money.

May 6, 2014 5:10 PM

May 2010
Wait...is that a mistranslation or did he really have romantic feelings for his sister?
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Jul 28, 2014 6:59 PM

Sep 2011
skyzblue said:
meneope said:

Yeah seriously, out of every single character in this series kouji has had the most character development out of any of them as well as being one of the most human characters in the whole cast. Hell yuuki's development in this series was how he was wrong for hating kyoji like he did

Also im ok with the incest thing, it didnt feel too out of place and would explain why ikumi was so protective of someone he loved romantically rather than as a family member.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Sep 18, 2015 5:41 PM
May 2015
NotJizzyHitler said:
skyzblue said:

Yeah seriously, out of every single character in this series kouji has had the most character development out of any of them as well as being one of the most human characters in the whole cast. Hell yuuki's development in this series was how he was wrong for hating kyoji like he did

Also im ok with the incest thing, it didn't feel too out of place and would explain why ikumi was so protective of someone he loved romantically rather than as a family member.

You realize that Kouji still did nothing in the end, right? He told them to surrender and then before they even had time to reach a decision on it they were rescued. He could have stayed in the sick bay and it would have had no change to the story whatsoever. Also having big character development doesn't make the character any good and a good number of people in this show where very human. I can see this happening if a bunch of teenagers were forced into this situation, it's very realistic. In most cases it would actually go worse.
Jun 27, 2016 5:15 AM

Jul 2008
So Ikumi went crazy with incest, huh.

Yuki is still a punk for letting that happen to Kouji though.
Nov 16, 2017 4:18 PM

Oct 2010
Yuki is one of the biggest scumbags in anime. Nobody should ever treat their brother the way he did.
Apr 6, 2018 12:50 PM

Feb 2013
Ikumi´s revelation makes complete sense. It explains why that flashback figure he sees in the OP and once in the series is naked and why he would feel so much guilt, since she most likely killed herself because of something related to their relationship. It also explains why the kiss he shared with Kozue felt wrong. Also it seemed that after Kozue let her hair down, she looked similar to his sister.
Really enjoyed his character.

The only issue is that the reveal was a bit forced or sudden, because there just had to be reveal right there in that scene. Maybe it would be better if that was revelead in the last episode.
Jul 31, 2019 4:30 PM

Nov 2016
Holy fuck, this episode left me with my mouth open. But at last, they're saved.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 13, 2020 12:24 PM
Nov 2013
lmao Kouji finally went to do something, but ultimately accomplished nothing but telling others to stop doing things and surrender

Neya was the real protagonist all along and single handedly convinced the captain to rescue the kids
Jul 3, 2021 5:43 AM

Aug 2018
So he was in an incestuous relationship with his sister and then she committed suicide?

Huh
_______I like rocks__
Mar 26, 2022 11:35 PM
Mar 2022
Yuki really about to let his brother get killed like that.
Feb 28, 2023 9:32 AM

Dec 2022
Beard dude suddenly deciding to quit attacking and kill himself was out of left field. He was all gung ho about DESTROYIN TEH BRATICAZ like twenty seconds before it. Even Neya shouldn't have produced such a drastic change that quickly, spaceship-alien-daughter or not.

This was the best episode so far. The emotion and atmosphhere easily surpassed the wild writing of the previous episodes.

Shaded Horizon

More topics from this board

Poll: » Infinite Ryvius Episode 23 Discussion

coyote256 - Mar 6, 2010

24 by TheVistrian »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Infinite Ryvius Episode 22 Discussion

Flaecy - May 11, 2010

14 by TheVistrian »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Infinite Ryvius Episode 21 Discussion

Beatnik - Aug 9, 2009

30 by TheVistrian »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Infinite Ryvius Episode 20 Discussion

Flaecy - May 11, 2010

24 by TheVistrian »»
Yesterday, 3:01 AM

Poll: » Infinite Ryvius Episode 19 Discussion

Flaecy - May 11, 2010

20 by TheVistrian »»
Apr 25, 10:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.