Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Eminence in Shadow (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Feb 9, 2023 12:47 AM
Sep 2022
holy moly good lord oh god
Feb 9, 2023 1:09 AM
Dec 2020
I had to pause and rewind so many scenes. I was just constantly in amazement. 10/10 anime. Why is this not even an 8/10 on MAL? I am craving a season 2. My only complaint is that the next episode is the last one. Please let this get a season 2. I need more of Cid/Shadow chuunibyou antics.
Feb 9, 2023 2:24 AM

Jan 2019
love this episode sooo muuuch
Feb 9, 2023 2:43 AM
Feb 2023
I really enjoyed it, one of the best things I watched this season
Feb 9, 2023 3:12 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Beatrix Vs Slayer! kekeke
Feb 9, 2023 4:00 AM
Sep 2020
Hella awesome, like bro
Feb 9, 2023 4:01 AM
Sep 2020
Hella awesome, like bro
Feb 9, 2023 4:04 AM

Oct 2016
Holy fucking p e a k. But man, I feel so bad for Iris, Mundane Mann was so raw that one little twitch from him is equal to death in her mind. She has my eternal respect if she manages to bounce back from this humiliation. 

"Hashtag elegant breakfast with the princess!" fucking killed me. Cid's mob character self getting exposed will never not be funny.

LET'S GO ROSE! Though I should not be celebrating, cause she just killed her father. Aye, on the bright side, time to join Shadow Garden.

Sty- I mean, Shadow vs Beatrix, can't fucking wait, but fuck, it's the last episode. They better announce that second season asap. 
Feb 9, 2023 4:08 AM

Jul 2017
Iris's battle was awsome. Shadow's entrance, Rose's determination... Every piece in this episode was so good. I dont want to believe that this season will end next week. 
Feb 9, 2023 4:33 AM
Apr 2020
The episode was fire
Feb 9, 2023 4:33 AM
Dec 2022
the whole arc is fantastic i really enjoyed it.
Feb 9, 2023 5:23 AM

Aug 2013
What Cid did to Iris during the match was ruthless. It will be hard for her to get up from that.

It is good seeing Rose's determination but it's tragic to see her kill her father. Hope she takes down Perv Asshat herself.

Hyped for Shadow vs Beatrix. It's unfair they had to end it on that cliffhanger. I hope to see a second season announcement soon.

Feb 9, 2023 5:23 AM
Sep 2020
STYLISH BANDIT SLAYER!!!!!!!!!
YOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Feb 9, 2023 6:32 AM

Aug 2011
Love it! It was great from beginning to end. I would want to argue that it was the best episode till now. Looking forward to the last one next week.
Feb 9, 2023 6:38 AM
Aug 2022
read it in manga first but still liked it in anime, the plot twist is awesome in this episode. too bad after this one last episode is remaining . and can't wait for the second season of this anime.
Feb 9, 2023 7:38 AM
Jan 2023
I almost thought that Cid actually decapitated Iris there wow, this episode was pretty good but intense during the part with rose killing her father
Feb 9, 2023 7:59 AM
Nov 2022
THIS EPISODE IS SO HYPE!
Feb 9, 2023 7:59 AM
Apr 2021
I LEGIT GOT UP OUTTA MY SEAT WHEN IRIS’S HEAD GOT CHOPPED OFF ONLY TO REALIZE IT WAS JUST CID’S BLOODLUST😭😭🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥 and then making Beatrice Vs Cid as the last episode of the season is just icing on the cake😩🔥
Feb 9, 2023 8:07 AM
Jul 2022
BANGEEEEEEEEEER!
Feb 9, 2023 8:17 AM

Aug 2011
FennyS said:
The best episode of this anime! 10/10
Same here. The next episode promise to be the new best for the series.
Feb 9, 2023 1:17 PM
Dec 2022
best sudu malunas op mainas pizdavojas is visu sudus daro tesiog zjbs
Feb 9, 2023 2:45 PM
Dec 2019
good idk it was good lol
Feb 9, 2023 2:56 PM

Jul 2022
god damn man the fight scenes were soo freaking epic!!!
Feb 9, 2023 7:59 PM
Aug 2015
This show is a clear example of cases when the Anime is better than the Manga, comedy and action wise, Episode 19 is a great example because we come holding our laughter because we already know Cid is gonna steamroll over Iris but daaaaamn, seeing her life and all the expectations people have of her turn thing into horror AND THEY STILL PULL OUT A PERFECT JOKE with Stylish Badit Killer.

But that been said I don´t know how does stand compare to the LN, maybe is a 1 to 1 adaption (minus the choice of episode 1 which is from Volume 4) and that is why is so perfect
Feb 9, 2023 8:38 PM
Sep 2020
damn u cliff hanger
Feb 9, 2023 8:40 PM

Feb 2021
GerHelfen said:
This show is a clear example of cases when the Anime is better than the Manga, comedy and action wise, Episode 19 is a great example because we come holding our laughter because we already know Cid is gonna steamroll over Iris but daaaaamn, seeing her life and all the expectations people have of her turn thing into horror AND THEY STILL PULL OUT A PERFECT JOKE with Stylish Badit Killer.

But that been said I don´t know how does stand compare to the LN, maybe is a 1 to 1 adaption (minus the choice of episode 1 which is from Volume 4) and that is why is so perfect
The Light Novel is really good, and this adaptation is great. 

They really did justice to the original LN with it. 
Feb 9, 2023 9:25 PM
Apr 2021
Holy fucking shit Stylish Bandit Slayer is literally him If this anime doesn't get a second season I'm literally gonna cry myself to sleep every single night for the rest of my life
Feb 10, 2023 12:35 AM
Jun 2012
Fucking hilarious...I think best episode so far, loved how near the end he's making his big reveal and first off, he forgets to change his voice and then how the music is all epic and then he says: "I'm Shadow" and then Rose just humiliates him saying something she told him in the past that she took as his name and at the same time that she says this, they cut they epic music and he's like "uh", fucking beautiful.
Feb 10, 2023 12:42 AM
Jun 2012
astralkill00 said:
I would call this an EPIC episode.
Cid is still running away from his big sis, lol, condolences to her.

There were a few cute moments of Iris trying out milked coffee which was really enjoyable, what's more enjoyable is how fearful she is from Cid's tactics... which I have no clue what happened but it was still intriguing to watch Iris battling Cid as... (forgot the name...)

I guess the last episode would be more epic than this, I hope so and I can't wait... but at the same time, saddened, for this series' adaptation will come to an end after episode 20. The only thing I can do is to look forward to a future sequel.
What happened on that fight that you mention was that when you reach a certain fighting level you develop like a fighter instinct that you can perceive things you wouldn't be able to see as a novice and she actually mentions it, the simple fact that he's doing those slight movements with his wrist or the position of his body, let's her know by instinct how he's going to attack, but at the same time feeling that he's way to powerful, so as to not be able to counter his attack or evade, that's why we see these "hallucinations" she's having, actually I think you could call them almost like premonitions and it happened also on the episode against the Golden boy don't remember the name.

And the alias is Mundane Mann.
Feb 10, 2023 12:46 AM

Mar 2013
VadInfluenz said:
astralkill00 said:
I would call this an EPIC episode.
Cid is still running away from his big sis, lol, condolences to her.

There were a few cute moments of Iris trying out milked coffee which was really enjoyable, what's more enjoyable is how fearful she is from Cid's tactics... which I have no clue what happened but it was still intriguing to watch Iris battling Cid as... (forgot the name...)

I guess the last episode would be more epic than this, I hope so and I can't wait... but at the same time, saddened, for this series' adaptation will come to an end after episode 20. The only thing I can do is to look forward to a future sequel.
What happened on that fight that you mention was that when you reach a certain fighting level you develop like a fighter instinct that you can perceive things you wouldn't be able to see as a novice and she actually mentions it, the simple fact that he's doing those slight movements with his wrist or the position of his body, let's her know by instinct how he's going to attack, but at the same time feeling that he's way to powerful, so as to not be able to counter his attack or evade, that's why we see these "hallucinations" she's having, actually I think you could call them almost like premonitions and it happened also on the episode against the Golden boy don't remember the name.

And the alias is Mundane Mann.

oh... intriguing, thanks! >.<
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Feb 10, 2023 12:52 AM
Jun 2012
NirvashX1 said:
fuck this  only 2 episode left !!!

i may cry with that facts !!
Sad to tell you man but it's only 1 episode left
Feb 10, 2023 1:25 AM
Jan 2021
"If they run, they're a bandit, and if they fight, they're a well trained bandit". What a legend.
Feb 10, 2023 3:33 AM
Nov 2022
efvvavsvsdvsvsdvdsvdsvsdvsdvdsvsdvdsvdsvs
Feb 10, 2023 3:53 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Cid's psychological pressure on Iris during the fight was incredible xD And now that Rose is getting freed we had Cid's badass appearance that is leading to more fight and I'm curious to how the fight against Beatrix will turn out, things are so tense right now
Feb 10, 2023 9:12 AM
Isekai Trucker

Oct 2015
I'ma score this 10/10 when it ends. I don't give a shit what anyone else says. The light novel is amazing, the manga is funny as hell and this adaption is spot on... almost. But still an amazing adaption and great action + comedy. Those who can't find the comedy in this must have something wrong with their brains. Also the cliffhangers makes this series even better.
Today, I may be a weak little bug that gets tossed in the wind,
washed away by the currents, and drowns, but tomorrow,
I may become the butterfly that spreads its colossal wings and flies the open skies!

~ Oe Kintaro
Feb 10, 2023 9:36 AM

Feb 2011
Gonna be one hell of a fight, mundane mann reveals himself! Awesome

Feb 10, 2023 12:29 PM
Jan 2021
Ayakaxiao said:
Cid the clown, not shadow. yeayy

Who hurt you as a child that you have to hate-watch an anime and/or post on an anime you don't like?
Feb 10, 2023 12:56 PM
Apr 2022
Can't remember the last time I was this hyped up for an episode meant to hype the following episode
Feb 10, 2023 1:09 PM
Mar 2021
Very goooooooood
Feb 10, 2023 1:20 PM
Jun 2019
I rarely join into convo but damn i love this anime so much that I gotta join into the convo. To me this episode is probably the best episode for my type of anime, like watching hero and shounen anime where they slowly levelling up is honestly kinda boring since everyone always do that. But Cid here straight up annihilate anyone who stand against him, just being an aboslute domineering force that wipe out anything. In a sense is really remind me of Anos and Ainz. Hope there is more anime manga like this in the future. Also really like the anime because it give so much more information than manga, Which was quite surprising because normally I expect anime to be even a shorter version of manga, but nope it give so much info. Honestly I kinda want to look into the light novel now. 
Feb 10, 2023 10:15 PM

Jan 2021
This and blue block are the hype anime's for me rn 
Feb 11, 2023 4:01 AM

Jul 2014
Bro, the way Shadow blocked Beatrix's attack, dude was making a fcking pose! and with that smooth ass BGM!!! holy fck that was one of the most hyped ending to an episode this series has done. The way he was also just smiling, I cannot wait for another season! the anime has done the source justice!!! 
Feb 11, 2023 4:09 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
For how much I don't really care about the main plot at this point, I did care about the main battle, Rose's return and the upcoming battle between Shadow and Beatrix. Also, what a way to ruin a revelation with a dumb name XD
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Feb 11, 2023 9:37 AM
Feb 2022
very good the best episode
Feb 11, 2023 10:50 AM
Mar 2021
elite episode, has both great emoton from iris and blond hair and her father, aswell as hype from cid negging iris, and cids entrance and start of the fight with beatrix.... fucking hype. im picking up the manga after this ong
Feb 11, 2023 6:13 PM

Jan 2021
I'm really hoping this wasn't just some advertisement for the LN and the mobile game Crunchyroll released a few months ago. At the very least, it'd be reassuring to know of there's gonna be a sequel at some point. 

Feb 11, 2023 9:48 PM

Aug 2014
DAMN, this episode is lit. Can't wait for cid vs beatrix next!!
Check My AnimeList (or click my signature)
My Main Genres: Adventure, Action, Fantasy
My Sub Genres: Slice of Life, Comedy, H&E

Check My Profile, my ranking
What I Watch This Season
Best Character & WAIFU This Season
Best OP/ED Song This Season
Feb 12, 2023 1:12 AM
Sep 2020
got goosebump it was epic
Feb 12, 2023 2:04 AM
Nov 2020
Another banger episode with a nasty cliffhanger
Next week final episode I'll really miss shadow 🤧
Tee~Heee 😜
Feb 12, 2023 6:17 AM

Feb 2017

Marinate1016 said:
NEXUS GOAT NEXUS GOAT NEXUS GOAT. Last 5 minutes or so legit gave me goosebumps. Amazing job adapting the hype at parts of volume 2, wow.

Rose casting aside everything and continuing the fight even at the cost of her father’s life, mad respect. That moment was very emotional and they did a great job of showing rose’s conviction and why she’s best girl.

Am I tripping or did the anime imply she’d been working with shadow garden prior to the end of volume 2? Did they arrive to the stadium together or? That’s anime original IIRC

Cid and Beatrix crossing swords was so hype man this finale is going to be insane I promise you.
While the direction has been great i cant say the same for the animation... not even the important fights 1-19 had any fluid animation or some kind of sakuga.
i'm hoping for episode 20 but i don't have high expectations animation wise. 
i'm not asking for mappa or ufotable levels of animation but at least something better than the slideshow we had in episodes 1-19 (there were a few 1-3 seconds fluid scenes but nothing impressive)

Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 5, 2022

730 by Sayan_Pal »»
Apr 19, 3:27 AM

» Will it get less cringe? ( 1 2 )

fghPOWA - Mar 28

71 by TRXPLE »»
Apr 18, 6:01 AM

Poll: » Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 15, 2023

745 by HatsuoIM »»
Apr 18, 3:56 AM

» How is Cid so strong?

eWEQRW123123 - Apr 13

5 by Sayan_Pal »»
Apr 15, 7:32 AM

» This anime would be 10x better without Cid ( 1 2 3 4 )

Apollo_Injustice - Dec 21, 2023

173 by Sayan_Pal »»
Apr 13, 7:43 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.