Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 29, 2023 6:05 AM

Jan 2023
I'm really stuck rn because I want to add some manga to my list, however as I pride myself in having factual scores this becomes difficult. For anime it's easy because I can just use the episode count as most episodes are 25 mins long, and I obviously add rewatched episodes to the total. For Anime movies I just do the total time E.g 1 hour divided by 20 which would give us 3 episodes, again including any potential rewatches. (some anime have 40 minute episodes, these I class as two episodes each btw).

Now for manga we hit an issue because although I could use chapters, some chapters are way longer than others, do you guys know if MAL shows how many pages per chapter there are? because I think using total pages read would be the best way of determining a manga's score.
Jan 29, 2023 6:38 AM
Jun 2022
There probably isn't a good way to rate manga if BestListMAL finds it hard to rate. How pitiful are these number systems.
Jan 29, 2023 9:23 AM

Jul 2021
Obviously you should have measured the time you stared at the pages.
Jan 29, 2023 9:25 AM

Jan 2023
JaniSIr said:
I already haven't done that so it's too late to start now :(
Jan 29, 2023 9:26 AM

Jan 2023
NoblesseEssentia said:
There probably isn't a good way to rate manga if BestListMAL finds it hard to rate. How pitiful are these number systems.
my name is mainly for my anime list only because many members consider me to have the best list, I'm trying to gain that title for Manga list but I honestly am struggling rn, guess rating manga isn't my speciality.
Jan 29, 2023 9:27 AM

Jul 2021
BestListMAL said:
JaniSIr said:
I already haven't done that so it's too late to start now :(
Well, you could just reread everything, and assume the first time it took approximately the same time.
Jan 29, 2023 9:31 AM

Jan 2023
Well, you could just reread everything, and assume the first time it took approximately the same time.
then my ratings wouldn't be factual and I pride myself on having factual ratings
Jan 29, 2023 10:28 AM

Dec 2014
The best way for you to get factual ratings for manga is to look at the amount of volumes a series has instead of chapters. One Piece has like 100 volumes so it’s good, meanwhile worthless manga like All You Need is Kill has 2 volumes.
Jan 30, 2023 4:26 PM

Feb 2018
I rate manga like any sane person would do and that's based on my enjoyment of the work and it's impact on me
Jan 31, 2023 5:58 PM

Dec 2020
like elvy said i base it on volumes

you're going to get a more accurate number than way, based on the amount of chapters per volume or pages it usually works out
20 chapters with 10 volumes sounds quick if you just go by "20 chapters" but works out to around 2 per volume (on average probably 100 pages per chapter)

although it's not completely accurate because some manga are more text heavy how long it takes to get through one chapter in HXH is the amount of time to get past 2 in one piece (for me) it's a way better way to gauge length
I like Közi a healthy amount.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
This is no joke I'm really going to do it this time.
Feb 4, 2023 3:28 PM

May 2020
The-Mighty-Ranzo said:
I rate manga like any sane person would do and that's based on my enjoyment of the work and it's impact on me
Literally this, I remember rating the first manga I read a 9 while the average score was a 6, simply because I enjoyed it

More topics from this board

» Have an amazing art in manga but not in anime

kirA_-_ - Apr 15

9 by Shirayukin »»
34 minutes ago

Sticky: » 2024 Manga Reading Challenge - Sign Up ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MRC_mod - Jan 18

379 by LyLord »»
4 hours ago

» Most obscure titles in your list.

Otakupervert890 - Feb 24

22 by Timeline_man »»
4 hours ago

» From all the ongoing (and on hiatus) manga, you can choose only one to eventually reach a conclusion. Which one would it be?

Caciulacdlac - Apr 10

5 by nishant0 »»
Today, 1:00 AM

» Do you guys pick up completed axed manga.

zkl_ - Feb 28

13 by bucciest »»
Yesterday, 11:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.