Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 26, 2023 10:53 PM

Oct 2017
This is just sad, damn.
Jan 26, 2023 11:24 PM

Aug 2020
Ah, I thought nobody made forum post on this chap but now here it is.

So the raw are out and people translated it in text.

Allen wakes up and looking for mana and thinking what he did just now then after few panel we got to see MANA who completely lost his memory and also has become millennium earl. The worst thing is that Mana calling Allen instead of red to him and thinks that dog become a human grew up (poor allen/red) and man that Allen crying panel was so great , he was looking too innocent their and now he is blaming himself for what happened to Mana.

Great to see Road after so long time man , now just want to see lavi and lenalee...

See ya next time (hoping for proper 3 month schedule one instead of any delay).
Jan 27, 2023 1:27 AM

Jul 2013
At last it seems this flashback ended. To be honest, the chapter was good and you get to understand why Allen cares about Mana so much, but I think it was about time we moved on to the main story.
Jan 27, 2023 6:35 AM
Feb 2010
Technically, i am not sure why we needed the flashback. Hardly anything new was mentioned or much confirmed. 
Jan 27, 2023 10:27 AM
Oct 2018
I don't think this will be end. We still don't know how Mana became the Earl again. And how and why Cross changes this attitude towards Allen.
Jan 27, 2023 4:09 PM

Jul 2014
This was a very touching chapter, and we get to understand even better how Allen became a person who hides everything under his smile and keeps everything bottled up. I also think that we have yet more to see from this flashback, and maybe we'll get an answer to the mystery of Mana's death and him becoming the Earl.

It's sad that we have to wait a long time between each chapter, but I just love how Hoshino draws the facial expressions. In this chapter, it was really remarkable, the emptiness in Allen's eyes, the shock and terror when Mana lost his memory, the painful smile.
Jan 27, 2023 4:56 PM

Jun 2017
Finally the flashback is probably over..too bad it didn't amount to much. xD
Jan 27, 2023 6:46 PM

Apr 2021
Allen's story has no end of tragedy to it. There's still mystery too on who Allen here is, since Cross said himself the ages don't match
Jan 29, 2023 6:03 AM

Sep 2010
I am soooo bored of these flashbacks. Enough is enough!

We get 20 pages at best each quarter -if ever-, so how about progressing the story instead of filling it in with unnecessary flashbacks adding no value to the story?

Seriously though, hopefully the next chapter we will see Allen and Kanda at the present time.
Jan 29, 2023 7:20 AM

Oct 2016
I feel like I've been seeing flashbacks for years, I don't even remember what the actual plot was at this point.
Jan 31, 2023 8:37 PM

Oct 2017
A depressing chapter, but I loved it. Can't wait for the next chapter.
Mar 24, 2023 8:11 AM

Jan 2016
Hoshino Katsura's artwork is beautiful, eye-catching, and self explains it self. The point of the last chapters was to showcase the origin of the story for the series in a tough way and that is difficult to explain with words alone - but the background is limiting in some scenarios. The angles and perspectives aren't something new, with a lot of standard close-ups, but I can still feel sad while reading this chapter. Additionally, the character design for Allen is infectious.
Apr 27, 2023 11:23 AM

Apr 2014
CaptainKenshiro said:
"I feel like I've been seeing flashbacks for years, I don't even remember what the actual plot was at this point." 
Well, the flashback started with Chapter 231 which released on January 21, 2019, so we've been stuck in this flashback for four years and three months, so you're not wrong at all.

I even went back to read the last three chapters, and I'm still lost. As much as I love DGM, it feels like I've gotten stoned off my arse and tried to understand the meaning of life every time I read a new chapter, lmao.
"I have to work harder than anyone else to make it! I'll never catch up otherwise...! I want to be like you...! Like you. The strongest hero.""

More topics from this board

Poll: » D.Gray-man Chapter 251 Discussion

Mei-o_Scarlett - Apr 24

6 by Illyricus »»
1 hour ago

» How is d gray man? Should you get into it?

MonadProxyy - Feb 21, 2022

18 by Enbu_Kirikaze »»
Mar 17, 2:49 PM

Poll: » D.Gray-man Chapter 250 Discussion

DarkHumor04 - Jan 22

7 by Roxas232 »»
Mar 16, 12:36 PM

Poll: » D.Gray-man Chapter 249 Discussion

Mei-o_Scarlett - Oct 26, 2023

7 by Enbu_Kirikaze »»
Jan 13, 8:31 AM

Poll: » D.Gray-man Chapter 242 Discussion

Illyricus - Nov 9, 2021

14 by SoulReaper01_ »»
Dec 4, 2023 4:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.