Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Dec 22, 2022 2:03 AM
Mar 2022
Anyone else here found this to be better than Steins;Gate? Don't get me wrong, I love Steins;Gate but it was a slog getting through the first 10 episodes or so. This however got my attention from the start and had me hooked until the very end.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Dec 22, 2022 2:13 AM
Nov 2020
Totally agree. Enjoyed summertime render more than steins gate overall as well. Beginning of Steins gate is really slow. However I will say steins gate has a better ending than Summertime. Both great shows.
Dec 22, 2022 2:16 AM

Dec 2021
If you love Steins yet complain about first half then you do not actually love it and your expectations were not what Steins actually is.

Summertime Render is better than most of the time travel story or it's as good as Link Click. But Steins Gate is the best. One of the flaw of Summertime Render is, it has no character development at all.

"𝑰𝒇 π’‚π’π’šπ’•π’‰π’Šπ’π’ˆ, 𝑰 π’˜π’‚π’π’• 𝒕𝒐 𝒃𝒆 π’”π’π’Žπ’†π’π’π’† π’˜π’‰π’ π’Œπ’π’π’˜π’” π’˜π’‰π’‚π’• 𝒔𝒉𝒆 π’˜π’‚π’π’•π’” 𝒕𝒐 𝒃𝒆, 𝒐𝒓 π’Œπ’π’π’˜π’” π’˜π’‰π’‚π’• 𝒔𝒉𝒆 π’π’Šπ’Œπ’†π’”, 𝑰 π’ˆπ’–π’†π’”π’”?"
» [JELEE] «
0:00 〇────── 4:47
β†Ί |◁ II β–·| β™‘

Dec 22, 2022 2:27 AM

Apr 2022
even tho SG had a slower start (first 4 episodes for me) it had a better end and was overall more impactful whereas summertime renders last 4 episodes lowkey fell off. that's why SG is a 10 for me and summertime renders a 9.

that being said, they're still both in my favorites.
Dec 22, 2022 2:32 AM
Pirate King

Oct 2022
summertime render and it's not even close.

steins;gate is one of the most overrated anime i've seen. that shit is so mid that i can't even explain.
Dec 22, 2022 2:39 AM
Mar 2022
Summertime Render
Dec 22, 2022 3:28 AM
Oct 2020
Steins gate it's more better written and have a good ending
Dec 22, 2022 4:04 AM
Dec 2018
I think a person must know very little or nothing about writing if they think Steins;Gate is overrated or even bad.

That being said, both anime are good enough to like either of them, and I think the only differentiating factor is which cast of characters you end up connecting with more.

Personally, the opposite happened to me. Steins;Gate had me hooked until the end.
Summertime Render has a very strong beginning, but I noticed that around episode 8 -more or less- the plot, as certain situations were being resolved, was losing steam. The later episodes regain much of the suspense thanks to a certain plot twist that I missed in the middle, but I still consider the first 10 or so episodes to be the best it has to offer in terms of impact, surprise, suspense and, above all, danger.
Dec 22, 2022 4:17 AM
Dec 2022
Yorah said:
I think a person must know very little or nothing about writing if they think Steins;Gate is overrated or even bad.

Wow , you are so edgy and cool with that   remark I think you should run for the presidency.                   
Dec 22, 2022 4:26 AM

May 2020
Chronon said:
If you love Steins yet complain about first half then you do not actually love it and your expectations were not what Steins actually is.

Summertime Render is better than most of the time travel story or it's as good as Link Click. But Steins Gate is the best. One of the flaw of Summertime Render is, it has no character development at all.

I find this to be a very accurate description of both Steins Gate and Summertime Render. The first half of SG is actually why the second half of the show is that emotionally punchy. As per SR, it is enjoyable but whatstops it from reaching the level of masterpiece like SG imo, is the lack of character development. Development is not essential to make an anime great, but a good chapter growth arc certainly is present in pretty much all the very best anime of mine.
Dec 22, 2022 4:31 AM
Oct 2021
Steins gate was better for me for 2 reasons

1)Ending: I loved Steins;gate's ending and HATED Summertime render's ending. It just introduced so many powers and plot points to keep the series interesting, that it all just fell apart, and I just stopped feeling much excitement towards it at the end. They increased the stakes from an island(which I loved) to what most other animes change the stakes to: the world. World ending stakes is something you've gotta either strongly foreshadowed from the beginning or earn it slowly(preferably both). Summertime Render just jumped from an island stakes, to world stakes immediately, which completely turned me off.

Characters: while Summertime render had pretty good characters, Steins;gate had really awesome ones, it features one of my all time favorite cast.
Dec 22, 2022 4:50 AM
Feb 2021
ryzxgum said:
even tho SG had a slower start (first 4 episodes for me) it had a better end and was overall more impactful whereas summertime renders last 4 episodes lowkey fell off. that's why SG is a 10 for me and summertime renders a 9.

that being said, they're still both in my favorites.

I couldn't agree more.
Dec 22, 2022 4:54 AM
Dec 2022
For the record , Noein is better than both of these two shows. And this thread will be locked for being x vs y thread.
Dec 22, 2022 4:58 AM
Dec 2018
Lopop said:
Yorah said:

Wow , you are so edgy and cool with that   remark I think you should run for the presidency.                   

???????????????

Did you SERIOUSLY just create an account just to respond to me? LMAO

First, being edgy has absolutely nothing to do with it. You are the kind of person who calls anyone "edgy" without even knowing what it means.

Second, if you're going to insult me do it with your REAL account at least lol. Are you afraid I'll report you for insulting me instead of argue with me like two adults or what? 🀨
Dec 22, 2022 5:01 AM
Pirate King

Oct 2022
Yorah said:

First, being edgy has absolutely nothing to do with it. You are the kind of person who calls anyone "edgy" without even knowing what it means.
your initial post is enough to prove that you are in your edgy stage. they don't need to know about anything. cope harder
Dec 22, 2022 5:05 AM
Mar 2021
I thought i was only one who think summertime render was better than stiens gate
Dec 22, 2022 5:05 AM
Mar 2021
I thought i was only one who think summertime render was better than stiens gate
Dec 22, 2022 5:07 AM

Dec 2021
Lopop said:
For the record , Noein is better than both of these two shows. And this thread will be locked for being x vs y thread.

What is Noein about? is it also time travel or something similar? I'm looking for more time travel or multi timeline stuff.

btw you're right this thread will soon be locked for being X vs Y

"𝑰𝒇 π’‚π’π’šπ’•π’‰π’Šπ’π’ˆ, 𝑰 π’˜π’‚π’π’• 𝒕𝒐 𝒃𝒆 π’”π’π’Žπ’†π’π’π’† π’˜π’‰π’ π’Œπ’π’π’˜π’” π’˜π’‰π’‚π’• 𝒔𝒉𝒆 π’˜π’‚π’π’•π’” 𝒕𝒐 𝒃𝒆, 𝒐𝒓 π’Œπ’π’π’˜π’” π’˜π’‰π’‚π’• 𝒔𝒉𝒆 π’π’Šπ’Œπ’†π’”, 𝑰 π’ˆπ’–π’†π’”π’”?"
» [JELEE] «
0:00 〇────── 4:47
β†Ί |◁ II β–·| β™‘

Dec 22, 2022 5:07 AM
Dec 2022
 First of all, I made posts before this one so no I didn't create an acc to respond to you  and second of all  you registered 4 years ago and your first post is this edgy post about being a Steins Gate stan.

Keep coping it amuses me hehe.
Yorah said:
Lopop said:

???????????????

Did you SERIOUSLY just create an account just to respond to me? LMAO

Second, if you're going to insult me do it with your REAL account at least lol. Are you afraid I'll report you for insulting me instead of argue with me like two adults or what? 🀨
Dec 22, 2022 5:14 AM
Community Mod
Undead

Mar 2022
Thread locked for being a random X vs Y thread.

Anime Discussion Rules 2: Please refrain from creating threads that do not encourage discussion; e.g. random "xx vs. yy", picture collecting, etc.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Summertime Render Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2022

476 by DynaXam »»
Jun 11, 4:25 AM

Poll: » Summertime Render Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2022

82 by yusufonur98 »»
May 31, 2:17 PM

Poll: » Summertime Render Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 1, 2022

200 by jaesverse »»
May 24, 1:16 AM

Poll: » Summertime Render Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2022

124 by Lanz »»
May 23, 11:56 PM

Poll: » Summertime Render Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 14, 2022

122 by jaesverse »»
May 23, 7:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.