Forum Settings
Forums

TV Anime 'Tensei shitara Ken deshita' Gets Second Season

New
Dec 21, 2022 8:49 AM
News Team
Aug 2019
The official website of the television anime adaptation of Yuu Tanaka's Tensei shitara Ken deshita (Reincarnated as a Sword) light novel announced a second season on Wednesday, revealing an announcement commercial and visual (pictured).

The first anime season, produced by C2C, aired in 12 episodes in Fall 2022.

Tanaka began writing the action fantasy novel, abbreviated as TenKen, on the Shousetsuka ni Narou website in October 2015. Micro Magazine began publishing the title under its GC Novels imprint in July 2016, featuring illustrations by LLO (Machine-Doll wa Kizutsukanai). The 14th volume shipped on September 30.

Tomoo Maruyama began a manga adaptation on the Denshi Birz (later Comic Boost) website in December 2016. Gentosha published the 12th volume on September 24.

Hinako Inoue began serializing a spin-off manga, subtitled Another Wish, in Comic Ride in June 2020. Micro Magazine shipped the fifth volume on September 29.

Seven Seas Entertainment licensed the light novel, manga, and spin-off manga in English in January 2019, May 2019, and May 2021, respectively. The tenth volume of the light novel went on sale on May 17, with the 11th volume scheduled to be released on December 27. The ninth volume of the manga adaptation was released on October 25, and the spin-off's second volume shipped on March 29.

Synopsis
A nameless sword wakes up to discover he has been reincarnated from his former life as a human. With his power of telekinesis, he moves around this new world, acquiring several skills and abilities. When the sword comes upon a forest filled with monsters, he meets a young girl fleeing from a beast. Grabbing the sword, the girl easily defeats the monster. After introducing herself as Fran, she names the sword "Shishou" and officially becomes his wielder.

The two set out to become adventurers, but unfortunately for Fran, she is a member of the Black Cat Tribe—a Beastkin group with a bad reputation. No member of this tribe has ever evolved into a mightier beast, but Fran plans to be the first and achieve her parents' dream. As Shishou promises to remain her sword until she attains her goal, they form an unstoppable partnership of impressive strength. [Written by MAL Rewrite]

Announcement

Official site: https://tenken-anime.com/
Official Twitter: @tenken_official

Source: Comic Natalie

Tensei shitara Ken deshita 2 on MAL
Dec 21, 2022 9:07 AM

Dec 2016
This is good and cool.
If it wasn't for slice of life I'd slice my life.
Dec 21, 2022 9:19 AM
Apr 2022
I still need to catch up on 11 episodes but i know i will definetly be watching this when it comes out
Dec 21, 2022 12:47 PM

Feb 2011
Amazing, I liked this news!! :D
Dec 21, 2022 1:11 PM

Aug 2016
I can not wait for the 2nd Season and I loved Season 1 so much I am excited
"A world of shadow. A night with the moon hidden... Truly a fitting world for us."
Dec 21, 2022 1:45 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I really enjoyed this series, and the cliffhanger at the had me super interested so this makes me very happy
Dec 21, 2022 5:29 PM
Jan 2016
Not really a big isekai fan but I really enjoyed this one the animation was good, I liked the characters and it had a pretty good soundtrack as well hyped for season two
I'd rather die a free man then live under the rules of idiots
Dec 21, 2022 8:12 PM

Aug 2010
The isekai phase really is never going to end, huh...
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Dec 22, 2022 10:23 AM

Oct 2009
This is one of the better isekais from the previous/current season. Really happy to see the continuation.

Fran and Shishio are such a fun duo.
Dec 23, 2022 12:43 AM
ranked 54 in FAL
Mar 2018
really fun show, looking forward to more of it.

More topics from this board

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

3 by ToyaMochizuki »»
2 hours ago

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

16 by Jonas-K »»
3 hours ago

» Spring 2024 Simulcast List [Update 4/18]

Snow - Apr 5

28 by infanf »»
3 hours ago

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - 4 hours ago

3 by RobertBobert »»
4 hours ago

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

8 by AddaeAkono »»
6 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.