Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Nov 16, 2022 9:13 AM

Sep 2014
I don't see potential waifu or boobs so I guess no it's not.
Nov 16, 2022 9:22 AM

May 2019
Not ecchi, no boobs, no watch

imma pass

Nov 16, 2022 9:26 AM

Feb 2020
It definitely looks interesting enough that I probably will watch it to check how the good or bad the execution is.
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Nov 16, 2022 9:34 AM
Oct 2020
Haven't even heard about it, your choice your watch
Nov 17, 2022 12:53 AM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
Yes yes... As a mystery fan who also enjoys thrillers and action, it's really good..
I love this anime absolutely..
if you are into murder, government conspiracy, gangs, hitmen etc, I think you'll like the story..

Nov 17, 2022 12:54 AM

May 2018
I like it.
It's cheap, dark, funny, weird and occasionally unapologetically stupid. Basically a caricature of the regular japanese salaryman surviving a literal hell on a daily basis.
Cant' really explain it but Tomokazu Sugita and Hidenari Ugaki somehow make it work for me.
alshuNov 17, 2022 1:00 AM
Nov 17, 2022 10:37 PM

Jun 2019
It's up there definitely as one of the better series I've seen this year.

It has very limited animation in terms of fluid movement and a very thick, cartoonish-esque basic art style which probably is the biggest contributing factor behind its low rating, which is unjustified (especially relative to how the aggregate on MAL generally rates things and gives much less interesting series with less to offer a 6 or even 7 and above rating).

I would consider checking it out if you're a fan of series that aren't afraid to oscillate between lighthearted and bleak, as it's kind of mostly a melding of an adventure mystery with a black comedy, so also maybe appealing if you're a fan of surreal situations, dark humor, parodies, etc. Also incorporates a lot of real world trivia bordering on edutainment, thriller, crime drama, etc. elements. There is a certain fun casual atmosphere to the show even while it navigates some extreme life and death situations and has heavy macabre undertones. I tend to really appreciate series like that as they strike a certain chord which just feels authentic and true to life, which afterall can be misery combined with joy and every other conceivable scenario and feeling on a daily basis. I like series which reflect that variance and level of inherent chaos about the world where they don't feel the need to be too tidily packed into neat boxes of one or two main genres alone.

The series is likely one which won't appeal to a broad audience, but it would likely appeal to a larger audience than is actually watching it right now, because too high a number probably write it off on sight, unfortunately, due to the low rating and prejudice against anime which don't conform to certain art styles and/or animation standards.
Nov 18, 2022 9:59 AM

Mar 2018
ryo-san said:
Yes yes... As a mystery fan who also enjoys thrillers and action, it's really good..
I love this anime absolutely..
if you are into murder, government conspiracy, gangs, hitmen etc, I think you'll like the story..

thank you, from your review it seems interesting
Nov 18, 2022 10:05 AM

Sep 2016
KryzakamiHrybami said:

tchitchouan said:

imma pass

At first I thought they were trolling.

Nope. Sadly they were not

Nov 18, 2022 10:14 AM

Mar 2018
Rinkashikachi said:
KryzakamiHrybami said:

tchitchouan said:

imma pass

At first I thought they were trolling.

Nope. Sadly they were not

is this supposed to be jokes? it isn't funny at all
Nov 18, 2022 11:05 AM

Aug 2018
god forbid no. its looks bad ngl....

Nov 18, 2022 12:30 PM

Oct 2011
Has a low avg score. Low viewership and a boring looking set of genre with no interest stack attached to it. I haven't watched it yet but it looks boring to me and I personally wouldn't be watching it any time soon.

If you want Mystery, educational, comedy you're better off binging all of Detective conan 1k+ episodes and movies.
Nov 27, 2022 5:44 PM

Sep 2011
This show is amazing. Good mystery/intrigue, the best comedy VA in the game (Sugita) killing it as the MC, and the unexpected yet supremley based choice to use a new version of the Casey Rankin classic song Bad City from the 1979 J-Drama Tantei Monogatari as the ED. This is the most underrated show on MAL this year and it's just cause MAL can't handle shows with minimalistic animation
Nov 30, 2022 12:07 PM
Oct 2014
Red_Ranger_Wien said:
This show is amazing. Good mystery/intrigue, the best comedy VA in the game (Sugita) killing it as the MC, and the unexpected yet supremley based choice to use a new version of the Casey Rankin classic song Bad City from the 1979 J-Drama Tantei Monogatari as the ED. This is the most underrated show on MAL this year and it's just cause MAL can't handle shows with minimalistic animation

This tbh.

I'm watching this show because of the huge gap between great and low scores at first.

I'm surprised how good it is. The minimalist animation and all the trivia make the show even better imo.

Worth it, better than any isekai running this season.
Nov 30, 2022 1:57 PM
Mar 2021
This is like watching for story than visual.

It's another hidden gem also another real underrated.
Dec 2, 2022 9:52 PM

Jan 2021
A bit late, but this is probably in my top 3 for this season. It doesn't do anything crazy art wise, but the story keeps me invested every week. In some ways, I feel like the art/animation style actually works in it's favor this time around. It's a show that came out of no where and took me by surprise; it's not groundbreaking, but it's far from bad.

Dec 6, 2022 3:58 PM

Sep 2018
After watching 3 episodes I'd say absolutely yes, a very pleasant surprise thanks to all the people who talked about it here on MAL. Particularly recommended to those who complain that "every anime recycles the same tropes nowadays".

It is rated very low because it has so little animation that it's probably closer to a visual novel than an average anime, but to me it wasn't a dealbreaker. If it had normal animation, it could have been in my top 10 anime of the year.
Dec 7, 2022 5:39 AM
Sep 2021
I’ve been tuning in because of how unique it looks

Personally I’m not a fan of the look since it seems very limited and cheap for this story

I read up on the studio and they basically use flash animation to make all of this which makes sense

I can’t say I’m too fond of the story personally since it’s just alright, I like the parts where we learn about a random factoid in each episode but yeah I’m begrudgingly watching it to see where it goes to be honest
Dec 14, 2022 12:45 PM
May 2020
For me this is AOTS wacky, weird and wonderful with no fan service.
Definitely want more of the bug academy hopefully with a better budget.

Dont ask just buy!

Dec 19, 2022 9:55 AM
Jul 2016
The animation vaguely reminds me of those cartoons they used to show us in science class.

More topics from this board

» The official English manga dub is on YouTube

phantomfandom - Sep 2, 2023

1 by Emmywarrior159 »»
Sep 2, 2023 6:28 PM

Poll: » Human Bug Daigaku Episode 7 Discussion

KANLen09 - Nov 16, 2022

13 by theonewhodk »»
Aug 26, 2023 3:35 PM

Poll: » Human Bug Daigaku Episode 12 Discussion

KANLen09 - Dec 21, 2022

22 by YudiYusantoS »»
Mar 20, 2023 8:23 PM

Poll: » Human Bug Daigaku Episode 11 Discussion

KANLen09 - Dec 14, 2022

10 by YudiYusantoS »»
Mar 20, 2023 8:17 PM

Poll: » Human Bug Daigaku Episode 10 Discussion

KANLen09 - Dec 7, 2022

9 by YudiYusantoS »»
Mar 20, 2023 8:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.