Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Nov 6, 2022 5:15 PM
Apr 2022
Personally I love the anime and manga too. I find Tanjiro a good MC and the side characters are great too. But for some reason i have been seeing hate towards the anime. Share your thoughts on why you hate the anime.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 6, 2022 5:28 PM
Dec 2021
It’s a great shounen anime—people are always going to hate on & pick apart what other people like, & A LOT of people like Demon Slayer.
Nov 6, 2022 5:30 PM
Jul 2021
So this is from my experience from going from anime to manga. I’ve watched the whole series in dub and EDA in sub. This is all my opinion - I’m a huge fan of the series.

First of all Zentisu can be a bit grating to start but his development through the series is *chef kiss*.

Tanjiro’s English dub voice is very monotone and annoying as hell at points which kinda disappoints me because his VA is so amazing.

I heard complaints from friends that season one had way too much talking during the fight scenes which I do understand but I personally don’t mind it.

The manga pacing is really weird but the anime does it so much justice. A lot of people have said as well that it’s only good for the animation but I think it has such a solid story.

Again I’m a huge fan I’m just trying to figure out reasons why people wouldn’t like it. I feel like it just gets hate because of how popular it is which is typical.
Nov 6, 2022 5:30 PM
Sep 2021
demon slayer is mid, personally 4/10
Nov 6, 2022 5:33 PM
Nov 2021
scrapertoop said:
Personally I love the anime and manga too. I find Tanjiro a good MC and the side characters are great too. But for some reason i have been seeing hate towards the anime. Share your thoughts on why you hate the anime.

I personally, and many people like it, but both side characters brother in arms are very very annoying. One is cringe and constantly crying. The other is always screaming out of rage.
It draws many people into hatred of the show despite the fact that it's a good 7 or 8 anime.
Tanjiro is a good character, better than most in any popular anime.

And there's basic haters who pretty much hate everything that is not approved by themselves. Like flatearthers.
Nov 6, 2022 5:33 PM
Aug 2017
Probably because it got popular really fast that's all
Nov 6, 2022 5:38 PM
Feb 2021
every popular show gonna get hate it's not personally against kny. it's just the show is really popular so it's getting a lot of hate
Nir#9404 on discord feel free to DM me
Nov 6, 2022 5:38 PM

Sep 2020
Because the writing is heavily flawed, but get ready for a shit load of people saying that it's solely for it's level of popularity. I guess people have a hard time dealing with someone disliking a children's cartoon show.
Nov 6, 2022 5:42 PM
Sep 2022
It's getting hate mainly because it got popular in a really Short time.
Nov 6, 2022 5:50 PM
Sep 2020
it's my one of the fav anime.i really appreciate the graphics,story line,and characters and there back story and mainly powers of elements,which they use to kill demos.Everything is perfect,as all said it's a popular anime.
Nov 6, 2022 5:58 PM
Oct 2022
abdullahnaeemq said:

Damn harsh for mid
Nov 6, 2022 5:58 PM
Feb 2021
scrapertoop said:

It’s hated because it’s the best anime/manga of all time
Nov 6, 2022 6:01 PM

Aug 2018
Literally every anime will get hate. You won't find a single series that doesn't get hate.
Maloween 2020 candies

Main candies:

Nov 6, 2022 6:04 PM
Dec 2020
because most people think that "animation carries" the show. but I think its a really good story......
Sep 2022
xacier2006 said:
scrapertoop said:

it's hated because of these kind of statements
Sep 2021
Goldenpanda25 said:
abdullahnaeemq said:

Damn harsh for mid

bro put it into perspective, half of the first arc and the whole of the train arc was bad, the only good thing about the latest arc was Nezukos personality 😂 (Anime)
abd78638Nov 6, 2022 6:10 PM
Nov 6, 2022 6:14 PM
Aug 2021
Well I most definitely don’t hate it. I really like it actually, and it continues to grow on me.

I do have problems with the comedy though. I liked it when it felt more serious before they introduced Zenitsu and Inosuke. Now before that one dude with the FMAB pfp comes at my throat again for being “too serious,” 80% of what I enjoy is comedy. It’s just that I don’t like it for this particular show.

Also have yet to feel any major connection with the story and characters, although that could easily improve as the show goes on. It kinda already is.

Lastly, I will mention that a lot of the hate for this show comes from the fact that it receives an insane amount of love. Despite what one of the dudes here commented, that is something that legitimately happens. A lot of people tend to get mad when others like something that they hate. It’s weird and pathetic, but it’s just the truth.
Nov 6, 2022 6:18 PM

Apr 2022
the animation is fire, the fights are clean and the character designs are cool but that's about it. the plot very basic, which isn't always a bad thing but in DS case it just gets boring. muzan jackson has also been kinda underwhelming but the memes are funny so W ig? all the characters are also either boring or annoying apart from uzui, he's pretty fun.

so ye 6-7/10 for me which is actually decent.
ryzxgumNov 6, 2022 6:23 PM
Nov 6, 2022 6:33 PM
Nov 2020
scrapertoop said:

Some hate it for attention and looking cool while some actually point out it faults and reccomend other anime. Some of them tho are simply jealous of its popularity since it makes above and past better anime or their favorite anime from their POV. Most of them follow "Monkey see, Monkey do" because this has become a widely accepted opinion.
Nov 6, 2022 6:35 PM

Apr 2021
Glodork said:
scrapertoop said:

I personally, and many people like it, but both side characters brother in arms are very very annoying. One is cringe and constantly crying. The other is always screaming out of rage.
It draws many people into hatred of the show despite the fact that it's a good 7 or 8 anime.
Tanjiro is a good character, better than most in any popular anime.

And there's basic haters who pretty much hate everything that is not approved by themselves. Like flatearthers.

Tanjiro is a good character but he isn't particularly well written- there's no nuance to his character. I'm pretty sure this is by design, and it isn't necessarily a bad thing, however, some people like their characters to have more going on under the hood, so to speak.
We'Ve StEpPeD iNtO a WaR wItH tHe CaBaL oN mArS
Nov 6, 2022 6:44 PM
Aug 2021
Read the whole manga after the last season and the ending was a poor generic 'don't really know how to end this properly without changing the core principles of character's strength in order for it not to drag out for a ridiculous amount of time' Was very disappointed.
Nov 6, 2022 6:50 PM
Jun 2022
It’s not hated. It gets hated only by people who can’t stand the fact that it’s more popular than manga like Berserk, Vagabond, Vinland Saga, Monster, etc. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t disagree that it’s worse than something like Berserk however the hate sometimes does get amplified to the point that some may thing its hated more than people praise it. People are just mad that a good show is getting more praise than it deserves.
Nov 6, 2022 6:53 PM
Jul 2021
cause it's overrated, the story , the characters , most things are bad in this show
Nov 6, 2022 7:00 PM
Nov 2021
I liked it. for me, it's one of those shows that you just turn off your brain and enjoy like with dbz. I don't think it deserves the hate it gets but for me, the story is aight, and I'm not too crazy for the characters. but then you get ppl who say it's the best anime ever, just because it's your favorite, doesn't mean it's the best
Nov 6, 2022 7:02 PM
Jul 2022
AwokenStroken said:
Because the writing is heavily flawed, but get ready for a shit load of people saying that it's solely for it's level of popularity. I guess people have a hard time dealing with someone disliking a children's cartoon show.

How? Genuinely interested
Nov 6, 2022 7:08 PM

Sep 2020
because losers cant watch how banger the series is
manga sales record, god level animation, less toxic fandom unlike other big hits like AOT,TR ,MHA or CSM...
Nov 6, 2022 7:09 PM
May 2022
xacier2006 said:
scrapertoop said:

Probably because of ppl like this
Nov 6, 2022 7:12 PM

Jun 2021
The popularity is one big factor. Not to mention, the fanbase could be another reason due to some fans being extremely boisterous and outspoken. I think it's fun, Entertainment District is best arc and Tengen is awesome. You don't have to like it but hating it due to popularity is dumb.
Nov 6, 2022 7:15 PM

Sep 2020
ShehnajSingh said:
AwokenStroken said:

On how I think it's flawed? I've wrote a review of it compiling my thoughts and feelings https://myanimelist.net/reviews.php?id=401803 If you truly wish to know :)
Nov 6, 2022 7:29 PM
Jun 2022
Because it’s better than most animes out there then if somebody says he likes they gonna say that shi got no story and because it became popular so fast
Nov 6, 2022 7:39 PM
Sep 2020
-Flaky- said:
because most people think that "animation carries" the show. but I think its a really good story......

Agreed. The plot is great too for me. Subsequently, the animation compliments the plot making it more presentable and immersive, especially the second season. That's how I saw it.
Nov 6, 2022 7:50 PM

Nov 2021
i didn't hate it, but instead found it incredibly boring. i haven't watched the follow-up season or movie, so perhaps it gets better then? i don't know, but the first season was super boring. episode 19 was pretty cool though.
if i had a flower for every time i think of you, i could walk in my garden forever.
Nov 6, 2022 8:01 PM
Feb 2012
The story is definitely flawed. I remember watching this and questioning myself a lot of things that didn't make sense. This show is a good example on how a top notch animation carries the show.
Nov 6, 2022 8:09 PM
Jun 2022
cuz the fanbase is really toxic and there really isnt anything special about it except for the animation
Nov 6, 2022 8:13 PM
Jun 2022
It has a mid protagonist, mid side cast, mid antagonists and a mid story, except for animation. Thats plenty of reasons to dislike it.
Nov 6, 2022 8:24 PM
Feb 2021
pls make serious threads
Nov 6, 2022 8:32 PM
May 2022
I have never heard of someone hating demon slayer
BEASTARS Season 3 will be the best anime ever :)
Nov 6, 2022 8:34 PM
Apr 2021
cause it's cool or make you wannabe elitist
Nov 6, 2022 8:43 PM
May 2016
AwokenStroken said:
ShehnajSingh said:

On how I think it's flawed? I've wrote a review of it compiling my thoughts and feelings https://myanimelist.net/reviews.php?id=401803 If you truly wish to know :)

I've read 3 of your paragraph. It is easy to critisize something if you lie about it.
I didn't find any truth in those 3 paragraph, but nice try.
Nov 6, 2022 8:56 PM

Aug 2021
it’s not. what you’re referring to is called a “loud minority”. basically just a group of people that spread negativity everywhere and make it seem like everyone hates something when in reality it’s actually a very small percentage of people that think that way. i mean just look at the numbers: season 1 ranked almost top 100, season 2 ranked top 30, top 15 in favorites… i mean just that alone shows demon slayer is one of the most loved anime on this app. the people you see in the forums represent not even 5% of viewers, they just like to make themselves feel important.
Nov 6, 2022 9:00 PM
Dec 2021
abdullahnaeemq said:

says the one who gave rent a gf a 9
thanks but opinion rejected
Nov 6, 2022 9:01 PM

Jul 2015
It's not hated.
Those are just very few but VERY vocal haters, which happens to literally every popular show.

Nov 6, 2022 9:18 PM
Aug 2022
Story is generic Muzan is a terrible main antagonist the fights and animation are the only thing keeping it relevant
Nov 6, 2022 9:19 PM
Mar 2022
abdullahnaeemq said:

Yeah, but again think about it's animation and hypeness ..
Nov 6, 2022 9:20 PM
Sep 2021
People love to hate on popular things. they secretly love Demon Slayer.
Nov 6, 2022 9:22 PM
Aug 2021
I love this anime/manga but i know the story will get worse and worse. I really love season 1 but not too much the rest and i know the last arc is a disaster. But i don't hate the series for that. I mean manga illustrations are good and designs too. I love manga art style. I also love the characters. First half of the story is not bad and first season was really good. My issue is after season 1 and especially after the second half of the story
Nov 6, 2022 9:25 PM
Nov 2021
it’s one of my favorite animes of all time, but if i had to say something, it is a new gen shonen that got popular really fast; it’s going to get hate one way or the other
Nov 6, 2022 9:25 PM
Sep 2021
The reason people hate on it is because tbh it’s pretty overrated. Tanjiro is just very generic. Zenitsu has one personality and that’s nezuko. The animation is very good and as someone who has read the manga tbh I think the ending sucks. I want to say I can see why people like it but I really can’t. Imo there are much better shonen shows to watch.
Nov 6, 2022 9:33 PM
Jun 2021
-Flaky- said:

It literally does. Show has good scenes, but the art is the most important thing. It’s literally what ghost of Tsushima was. A basic open world beautiful af
Nov 6, 2022 9:47 PM
Jul 2018
That anime is fuqin generic with overused characters and sh-it ending, no twists at all animation is really good, nothing more.
Probably the most overrated show I've ever watched/read.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Gurenge becomes top selling digital single song in Reiwa era

FZREMAKE - Apr 15

20 by HaremSevdalisi »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 18, 2019

312 by CicadaRex »»
Apr 24, 12:21 PM

» I don't get it

n0tSamir - Jul 7, 2023

34 by guts4ever »»
Apr 22, 12:44 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2019

272 by CicadaRex »»
Apr 20, 4:20 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 20, 2019

282 by CicadaRex »»
Apr 19, 11:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.