New
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Nov 8, 2022 3:37 PM

Sep 2020
ktg said:
AwokenStroken said:

what did i lie about?

Lies in the first 3 paragraph:
- He sells "rocks" everyday: your first paragraph's logic stand on this statement which isn't true.
- CGI looks like San Andreas: no, it's currently the best animation and certain shots look extremely realistic, while San Andreas never looked realistic.
- The narration while there is no narrator: this is my favorite point. You have a problem with something that doesn't exist in the show. :D What you misinterpreted as narration is that the characters were thinking. That's why your whole 3rd paragraph isn't true.

So, not a single statement is true in those 3 paragraph. Good job.

-Sorry I called charcoal a rock
-I was pointing out that the 2-d characters look like they don't belong in a fully cgi world and how much they stand out.
-The main character in the earlier episodes is literally stating every action he performs during his training WHILST we're looking at it. Hearing a character's internal dialogue can count as narration :D
AwokenStrokenNov 8, 2022 3:47 PM
Nov 8, 2022 8:23 PM

Oct 2020
I tried Demon Slayer.... and dropped it after four episodes I think? I was comparing the show to Inuyasha honestly. The things that turned me off:

1. The protagonist has the nose of a dog... with no explanation. The whole "Chosen" one thing is just getting old to me, and I think we can all agree you don't need to be "chose by destiny" to fit this archetype. You can have a special skill that sets you apart from everyone else, and in Demon Slayer it's the kid's smelling power that appears comparable to Daredevil's blindness. Where did it come from? Did his parents have it? Is he part demon? It's not explained and makes the guy unrelatable, IMO.

2. The sister being gagged. Her dealing with the conflict of being a demon was so interesting a concept to me, what drove me to the show (Inuyasha but role reverse?! Like Wha!!!), but then they had to freakin' gag her. What are her thoughts or feelings on having to fight urge to eat human flesh? I've been told by MY sister (Who's a fan) that she expresses herself more as show progresses, but muffling your female lead was offputting to me.

3. I hold shows with a high animation budget to a higher standard. Maybe I don't like the idea of being tricked, or that a studio thinks they can distract me with God-level graphics, but any show with a high animation budget better have a plot or characters or world building greater than the norm. Demon Slayer.... Just didn't wow me like other long-winded Shonen before it did.

For the record, I don't hate the anime either, so I don't fit that group. But anyone hyping Demon Slayer as the greatest thing since the microwave, while crapping on anyone saying, "I don't think so..." Would make them hate a series by association. That has to be where some of the hate is coming from... Because I don't see the show as being so controversial it's hated.
Nov 8, 2022 10:33 PM
Oct 2019
xacier2006 said:
scrapertoop said:
Personally I love the anime and manga too. I find Tanjiro a good MC and the side characters are great too. But for some reason i have been seeing hate towards the anime. Share your thoughts on why you hate the anime.

It’s hated because it’s the best anime/manga of all time

Best anime/manga of all time? yeah well.. it isn't. I personally like KNY but I wouldnt go as far as saying that its the best work of fiction one can find. There are much better a/m imo. KNY is quite solid. The MC is well written, the story is not bad and the animations are perfect, but under no circumstances it's perfect.
Nov 8, 2022 10:52 PM

Oct 2022
For its explosive media popularity using already known formulas (not original, but well used and well animated).
Nov 8, 2022 11:23 PM
May 2016
AwokenStroken said:
ktg said:

Lies in the first 3 paragraph:
- He sells "rocks" everyday: your first paragraph's logic stand on this statement which isn't true.
- CGI looks like San Andreas: no, it's currently the best animation and certain shots look extremely realistic, while San Andreas never looked realistic.
- The narration while there is no narrator: this is my favorite point. You have a problem with something that doesn't exist in the show. :D What you misinterpreted as narration is that the characters were thinking. That's why your whole 3rd paragraph isn't true.

So, not a single statement is true in those 3 paragraph. Good job.

-I was pointing out that the 2-d characters look like they don't belong in a fully cgi world and how much they stand out.
-The main character in the earlier episodes is literally stating every action he performs during his training WHILST we're looking at it. Hearing a character's internal dialogue can count as narration :D

- No, you said everyday, which is not true and your whole statement was based on that word.
- Then sorry, you are wrong for a completely different reason then. The 2d and 2d work perfectly fine together. This is how it supposed to look like. In the early episodes you can tell by looking at their feet where their 2d feet meet with the 3d snow.
- No, he was saying how regularly he does something. Even if you saw him swinging the sword, you can't tell when he started, did he do that everyday etc. That was the point of those monologues.
Nov 9, 2022 12:49 AM

Oct 2022
I've never seen hate toward Demon Slayer.
Nov 9, 2022 3:01 AM
May 2022
scrapertoop said:
Personally I love the anime and manga too. I find Tanjiro a good MC and the side characters are great too. But for some reason i have been seeing hate towards the anime. Share your thoughts on why you hate the anime.

It's mainly hated because it's very overrated, and the actual good anime (in their opinion) don't get much attention. I wouldn't say it deserves the hate but it definitely doesn't deserve such praise
Nov 9, 2022 3:37 AM

Dec 2021
because its dogshit, lame ass bleach copy
good opinions on anything, block = I own you
Nov 9, 2022 8:25 AM
May 2016
The story is so short, they're just milking the fans the same way they put AoT on hiatus.
Nov 9, 2022 11:03 AM
Aug 2019
Idk if some1 could hate this anime (good story, good animation, good characters, good jokes). Maybe there are people who don't like the story or they find something that is ridiculous.

Those who already know the ending or arcs (from the manga) can influence the hating.
Nov 9, 2022 11:47 AM
Nov 2017
Demon Slayer is kind of like the new My hero academia. It has great production and plenty of potential for greatness, but then undercuts it´s own momentum by shounen tropes, stupid gimmick characters and some of the lames attempts at "comedy" I´ve ever seen in an anime.

Also the fanbases for both shows have pretty loud and cringy people in them.
Nov 9, 2022 1:29 PM

Sep 2020
ktg said:
AwokenStroken said:

- No, you said everyday, which is not true and your whole statement was based on that word.
- Then sorry, you are wrong for a completely different reason then. The 2d and 2d work perfectly fine together. This is how it supposed to look like. In the early episodes you can tell by looking at their feet where their 2d feet meet with the 3d snow.
- No, he was saying how regularly he does something. Even if you saw him swinging the sword, you can't tell when he started, did he do that everyday etc. That was the point of those monologues.

- Why would you focus on like the most pointless aspects of it?
- I know you can tell, because they stand a lot because they don't fit together.
- That was him narrating, every time you hear his thoughts he is commentating what you can clearly see.
Nov 9, 2022 2:36 PM
Sep 2022
personally I think it's a little too dragged out in some parts, at least in season one.
Nov 9, 2022 9:05 PM

Aug 2021
The only thing I hate about this series really is because of the characters who scream or whine a bunch in an idiotic way...who thinks that's "funny". It's annoying.
Nov 10, 2022 3:51 AM
May 2016
AwokenStroken said:
ktg said:

- I know you can tell, because they stand a lot because they don't fit together.
- That was him narrating, every time you hear his thoughts he is commentating what you can clearly see.

- LOL, your whole paragraph was about this false statement. You were talking about how "they say goodbye to each other while Tanjiro does this trip EVERYDAY".
- That's a false conclusion. Standing out is not equal bad. You can easily tell how mugen train is CGI, but because it is good CGI, it is not a problem.
- Did you see that he was doing for 2 years? :DDD I'll believe it if you link a 2 year long video about Tanjiro's training. Otherwise, you lied.
Nov 10, 2022 5:35 AM
Feb 2021
scrapertoop said:

Well I guess if a fandom is getting bigger the hate community will also grow.
Maby there's also another reason tho
Nov 10, 2022 5:44 AM
Oct 2022
it’s mostly hated because of the fan base. a lot of people started hating it when it was getting compared to aot s4 p2 and getting called one of the greatest animes ever .In my opinion it’s a good anime 8.5-9/10 the fans can just be annoying when judging it only by fight scenes and not the anime as a whole
Nov 10, 2022 9:33 AM
Aug 2021
It's not a hated anime so idk
Nov 10, 2022 1:29 PM

Sep 2020
ktg said:
AwokenStroken said:

- LOL, your whole paragraph was about this false statement. You were talking about how "they say goodbye to each other while Tanjiro does this trip EVERYDAY".
- That's a false conclusion. Standing out is not equal bad. You can easily tell how mugen train is CGI, but because it is good CGI, it is not a problem.
- Did you see that he was doing for 2 years? :DDD I'll believe it if you link a 2 year long video about Tanjiro's training. Otherwise, you lied.

- Regardless of whether it was everyday it was still a very frequent trip, even the locals in the town all knew him well and were very familiar, regardless of if it's once a week or once a day it was still very frequent.
- Didn't say it did, but I don lik it
- Yes, we did see what he was doing during the two years, nothing that he stated verbally was information that wasn't made clear via the visuals.
AwokenStrokenNov 10, 2022 1:44 PM
Nov 10, 2022 3:00 PM
Jan 2022
LivCTaylor said:
It’s a great shounen anime—people are always going to hate on & pick apart what other people like, & A LOT of people like Demon Slayer.

I agree 100 percent with you. haters gonn hate
Nov 10, 2022 4:44 PM

Jul 2017
cause the writing is fucking shit, thats really it lol
Nov 10, 2022 4:46 PM

Jul 2017
Potato1357 said:
it’s one of my favorite animes of all time, but if i had to say something, it is a new gen shonen that got popular really fast; it’s going to get hate one way or the other

ye but if that was the case jujutsu would also have one, also for me personally since i have been following demon slayer since before the anime its cause the writing is actually dogshit
Nov 10, 2022 9:54 PM
Dec 2019
because its hella popular lol people hate regardless no lie Demon Slayer is perfect for 4real the story world building characters it's just amazing from ever last detail down to every last drop.
Nov 11, 2022 2:33 PM
Jun 2021
i’ve only watched season one so far, may pick it up again after i’m caught up with bleach but here’s my reasonings:

zenitsu.
overall the characters are pretty good, special mentions to micheal jackson who’s a cool villain and the hashira overall but mainly shinobu, seeing her being psychotic with the demons was an interesting path for her character that i wasn’t expecting. also tanjiro isn’t a fantastic mc but he also isn’t a terrible or incredibly annoying one (like kid naruto was). but zenitsu is grating to watch. seeing him go badass at first was actually hype and really interesting, until all of season 1 and mugen train used it for any scene with zenitsu. i haven’t watched season 2 yet so he could develop amazingly but as it stands seeing his fights be the same thing each time was not enjoyable. he gets in a fight, pisses himself, goes unconscious and then defeats the enemy with his one technique. just lost its effect. not to mention his whole comedic relief crush thingie he’s got with tanjiro’s sister is distracting and could’ve been done better.

mugen train: this is probably my most controversial take. mugen train was a 6/10 at best. i won’t hate in the cgi too much since i don’t care that much but it definitely stick out a little bit more than i would’ve liked. also rengoku was really not that good imo. i know a lot of people cried when he died and loved the film but i just could not get that attachment. not enough screen time for him to justify such a connection and really the overall story of it wasn’t that engaging or fantastic either, just standard shonen things. hell, i would go as far as to say i was actually disappointed by it when i finished watching it. i saw a lot of hype for it and i just felt nowhere near the same.

the story.
there’s nothing wrong with unoriginal stories or stories that are very cliché/standard stereotype for whatever genre as long as they’re executed well but i gotta say it’s not that good in demon slayer imo. there was nothing i wanted to know or learn when i finished season 1. it very honestly could’ve been the end for the anime and i’d be fine with it. the animation is stellar, that is without a doubt and i also do really like the art style but everything else is really just mid.

that’s that. i give it a 6 or 7/10 overall, it’s decent but not that amazing and there are a lot of better picks imo
Nov 13, 2022 2:21 PM
Nov 2016
I don't hate Demon Slayer but there is something that I definitely hate, it's Zenitsu, I just can't stand that mother fucker, he single-handedly ruined season 1 for me so I ended up giving this season a 6/10 because of that mofo and I won't go lower because of the awesome animation which is carrying this franchise.

At least Zenitsu was a lot better in season 2 since he was asleep for the majority of the episodes so I didn't have to deal with his ear-raping bullshit for a good while and because of this, I gave season 2 a 9/10.

Zenitsu is pretty awesome when he's asleep, he's probably the best character when he's sleeping but once he's awake, he's the shittiest character in the entire show so at this moment, I have a love/hate relationship with that mother fucker.
Nov 13, 2022 7:10 PM
Dec 2021
Ctes said:
scrapertoop said:

Everything popular will get hate, just a fact of life:) just enjoy it without focusing to much on it.

I get that! There are definitely minor things I would change about this anime in that way (& a lot of others TBH).
Nov 13, 2022 8:36 PM
Jun 2021
Because it is generic and overhyped. I’m not saying it is bad, but it’s animation is definitely part of the reason it got so popular, that is pretty undeniable. The story follows many shonen cliches. They may be polished but it’s just so generic and people don’t feel much attachment towards the characters. It’s very hard to feel any emotional ties with them and it’s easy to guess what will happen next. The story feels like it’s made of cliches. I’ve watched demon slayer but I’d rate it a 6 out of 10. It is far from one of the best anime I’ve seen and doesn’t really make me feel compelled emotionally most of the time. The fights are really simple, and it is pretty “rinse and repeat” most of the time. It doesn’t have much of an absurd charm to it either, the most absurd charm it has is Inosuke. I don’t hate Demon Slayer but I think it’s popularity and it’s lack of creativity in terms of storytelling really make people jealous that their own anime didn’t get as popular as Demon Slayer did.
Nov 15, 2022 3:59 AM
Feb 2022
Writing and characters are bad af
Nov 16, 2022 9:18 AM
Nov 2022
From the backgrounds and sceneries to the character designs and developments, all r just beautiful. But there will be 2 sides of the same coin. Those who love it and those who will hate it. I think the Manga, the anime all of it is beautiful indeed.
Nov 21, 2022 7:09 PM
Jan 2020
ryzxgum said:
the animation is fire, the fights are clean and the character designs are cool but that's about it. the plot very basic, which isn't always a bad thing but in DS case it just gets boring. muzan jackson has also been kinda underwhelming but the memes are funny so W ig? all the characters are also either boring or annoying apart from uzui, he's pretty fun.

so ye 6-7/10 for me which is actually decent.

I agree with this. The art style, the animation, the music, the fights - they’re all awesome! But the plot, character development, and world-building are very lackluster. Demon Slayer is a really solid anime, but beyond aesthetics it’s basic.
TruINTPNov 21, 2022 7:14 PM
Jan 1, 2023 8:47 AM
Sep 2022
Fan base, boring story and plot holes
Jan 4, 2023 12:16 AM

Mar 2020
scrapertoop said:
Haven't watched more than 2 episodes, but from what I've seen; Demon Slayer was a victim of overhype, people were promised the greatest show of all time and when it didn't end up being every viewers' new favourite, they felt like "That's it?" And that sense of disappointment turned into hatred.

Jan 4, 2023 12:19 AM
Dec 2022
Still, its better than AoT
Jan 4, 2023 1:56 PM

Oct 2019
not a bad show, But I personally almost hate it because of the characters being extremely 1 note and the story being nothing special in any way.

no one act outside of their one trait. their development is little to none, and what is there is extremely by the book.

the story is also the most predictable by the book thing out there.

my hero uses the formula

JJK perfects it

chainsawman subverts it

demon slayer IS IT

and I mean that in the worst way possible. if not for the near perfect adaptation, I wouldn't even call this show average. but thanks to ufotable, it is undeniably pretty good.

very overrated though. this show should not have it's season 2 rated higher than monster, vinland saga and made in abyss. 
Also available at:
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Why You Should Watch Akudama Drive: https://youtu.be/Yw0r52wRjgA
An AMV I that I spend way too much time on:
A Love Letter To Anime「AMV」: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
Jan 6, 2023 11:40 AM
Jan 2023
Fight scenes are beyond this world !!! everyone is a cinematic masterpiece but and its a BIG BUT 🍑the story is just toooo damn predictable, its just traditional Demon vs slayer of demons group, very simple storyline and thats honestly where i fell off, don't get me wrong i love the power system of which our slayers use, very original and new ! some characters have amazing backstories and personalities but the story let's it fall on its face so hard, genuinely makes me sad 😅 when the film came out it was literally : something bad happens, good guys investigate, investigation and small fights whilst figuring out master plan, big fight at the end, quick get someone to die to make it memorable and sad, the end. That is why i hate on demon slayer ✊
Jan 9, 2023 9:32 PM
Jan 2023
I have only just started watching anime and i have been finding this series very enjoyable. Maybe I like it because the story is both well told and fairly simple. Maybe some long time anime fans are finding that it lacks depth of some kind. 
Jan 13, 2023 3:59 PM
Jul 2018
Animation does carry this. Imagine if it was generic studio doing that saves money on movements lol. It's alright anime, definetly was one of the best that season. Fighting against spider boss was one of the highlights and probably best scene of any shounen anime to date. Mc compadres are a bit annoying, yes.
Read manga, ending is dissapointment and skip forward to modern time with the cast was lol.
Feb 11, 2023 10:36 PM
Jul 2018
every popular Anime has many haters and in Demon Slayer's case they just can't shut up and let people enjoy like I don't care about haters but sometimes it's too much
Feb 12, 2023 4:40 AM

Dec 2022
Well, imho i love demon slayer for the fighting and ost aspects and that's about it why i would rant abt the good parts of this anime. Yes the plot is simple because at least mature people would understand the plot easier and can predict the ending of this easier like yes the good guys are gonna win but how many side characters are gonna die? will one of the mcs beside tanjiro die? sometimes good stories don't just refer to how tragic/emotional/without major important deaths story can be but stakes like deaths to one mc would prob make some people respect this anime more but also hate it because your fav mc die right? abt the hashiras i can't delve deep towards them since it would be a spoiler.

The characters are lovable yes in your usual shonen trope pov and for me is just decent but their dynamic throughout the series sometimes get repetitive and the comedy aspect in my pov is just so overused i can't even laugh at it properly like to the point it feels annoying and cringe but hey that's probably because i'm an older audience who prefers psychological animangas so yes you all would think i would dislike this anime but i just still love this anime mainly for fighting animations and ost aspects and that's about it.

All and all for me is just decent, not saying it's a bad anime nor i would say any anime is bad/trash whatever you interpret it. I respect all animes in their own way bec they got what they're good at right?
why for me is decent is that mainly revolves around the plot. Plot points are the biggest factor in my pov on how good an anime can be if the animation/fighting animation/ost doesn't carry it at least in my opinion but i still respect those who enjoy this anime a lot as well. I just hate those typical fans who would scream like "IT'S THE BEST ANIME EVER AND YOU CAN'T CHANGE MY MIND" or other kny stan like "KNY is better than your anime fight me" then when you try to tell your honest opinion without being disrespectful sometimes among those fans your opinion will get trashed on which well those are your typical shonen fans who are still too young either their age or their mentality in their mind to understand how to respect our taste in animes or they're too obsessed with one anime and not giving any other anime a slight chance so it will make you look like you're a biased person.

I actually didn't put any of kny animes nor the manga towards my list because i don't want to give a bad score for the sake of being nice towards this series overall since this is a super popular series, i adore this series in it's own way and i don't want people to take me as i'm a kny hater. If i put them in my list i prob would give the first a 7 then 6 then 6 all the way to the end which i do not want because i just love the animation and osts so much to the point i would feel bad giving this godlike anime at fighting and osts as 7/6 scores and that's about it.
SanessyAdversaryFeb 12, 2023 4:52 AM

Feb 12, 2023 9:41 PM
Apr 2016
1. Probably because it's "too simple". Though that's also its strength. 

2. I'm a pretty big fan of the manga and ONE thing that the anime gets wrong definitively is the way it delivers its humor. To be fair most anime don't nail this usually. Examples of other series that also suffer this problem: Hinamtsuri, D-frag... where the comedic timing and delivery in the manga is just lightyears ahead of the anime.  
Feb 23, 2023 8:12 AM
Feb 2023
[font="\"helvetica neue\", Helvetica, Roboto, Arial, sans-serif"]The recent leak of Demon Slayer season 3 episode 2 clips has caused a lot of excitement among fans of the anime. However, this leak also highlights the need to take cybersecurity seriously in the entertainment industry. [/font]
[font="\"helvetica neue\", Helvetica, Roboto, Arial, sans-serif"]Leaking episodes and other confidential information can lead to significant financial losses for production companies, as seen with the piracy of multiple anime series over the years.  [/font]
Feb 23, 2023 8:16 AM

Sep 2020
Because Ufotable have taken it to another level. No question, the hype wouldn't be as prevalent without Ufotable. Some fans can't take it I guess. But that's one of the reasons I enjoy KNY and look forward to a new production. There is a good amount of hype because we know that another Hashira is going to be the focus of attention.

Arteta's Tricky Reds!

Mar 7, 2023 11:35 PM

Feb 2023
Mist878 said:
I tried Demon Slayer.... and dropped it after four episodes I think? I was comparing the show to Inuyasha honestly. The things that turned me off:

1. The protagonist has the nose of a dog... with no explanation. The whole "Chosen" one thing is just getting old to me, and I think we can all agree you don't need to be "chose by destiny" to fit this archetype. You can have a special skill that sets you apart from everyone else, and in Demon Slayer it's the kid's smelling power that appears comparable to Daredevil's blindness. Where did it come from? Did his parents have it? Is he part demon? It's not explained and makes the guy unrelatable, IMO.

2. The sister being gagged. Her dealing with the conflict of being a demon was so interesting a concept to me, what drove me to the show (Inuyasha but role reverse?! Like Wha!!!), but then they had to freakin' gag her. What are her thoughts or feelings on having to fight urge to eat human flesh? I've been told by MY sister (Who's a fan) that she expresses herself more as show progresses, but muffling your female lead was offputting to me.

3. I hold shows with a high animation budget to a higher standard. Maybe I don't like the idea of being tricked, or that a studio thinks they can distract me with God-level graphics, but any show with a high animation budget better have a plot or characters or world building greater than the norm. Demon Slayer.... Just didn't wow me like other long-winded Shonen before it did.

This pretty much encapsulates my thoughts exactly. I literally just got done watching the ep where he smells the demon doctor chick and he says "I don't smell any deception coming from her" implying she's a "good person". You can't "smell" if someone is a good person. That doesn't make any fucking sense. lol I even gave it a pass after he said he could "smell" enemies underwater. 

If it wasn't for all the logical pitfalls and basic rules just being constantly broken because of just the creator's "eh, screw it" mentality then it would be alright. But none of it makes sense.

And just like Mist said, I don't hate it. But it's definitely not great by any means.
PotatoSpoonMar 8, 2023 2:28 AM
May 14, 2023 8:58 PM
Nov 2021
I reverse my opion on the anime being fun/ok after seeing season 2 and 3 it's awesome and super fun and a master piece in its own right. The fight are smart crazy and fluid. Also I love how much the story and characters have improved in depth and gow the story has gain far better writing. Huge improvement
Mar 21, 10:01 AM
Oct 2014
I'm dropping it after 17 episodes, it's far too annoying for me to carry on because of the constant shouting, whining and frustratingly long, overly descriptive and constant chatter in the fight scenes. Jokes are thin and repeated far too many times. I'm just finding it really hard work and unenjoyable.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

» Gurenge becomes top selling digital single song in Reiwa era

FZREMAKE - Apr 15

20 by HaremSevdalisi »»
12 hours ago

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 18, 2019

312 by CicadaRex »»
Apr 24, 12:21 PM

» I don't get it

n0tSamir - Jul 7, 2023

34 by guts4ever »»
Apr 22, 12:44 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2019

272 by CicadaRex »»
Apr 20, 4:20 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 20, 2019

282 by CicadaRex »»
Apr 19, 11:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.