Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Oct 19, 2022 8:11 PM

Apr 2008
I'm so curious what the twist is that I'm gonna sit right through the dumbest harem ever. At least it's an amusing sort of dumb so far. My wild theory that I don't actually believe is that MC is the simulation. Specifically of a dead man and the girls (and boy) are acting so wild because they want to make up for what they couldn't have with a guy they cared about.
Oct 19, 2022 8:41 PM
Apr 2018
AcceleratorAngel said:
Another week another episode of Censored Flops

Damn this week they censored the shit out of those ecchi scenes again.

Removing another panty scene censoring the bath scene, and removing a toilet scene.

Seriously fck this anime.

What do you expect in general? I don’t even think there is an uncensored version. There isn’t even any source material so this isn’t more censored than that? Pretty sure this is how show was intended.
Oct 19, 2022 8:44 PM
Apr 2018
astralkill00 said:
I love this series. I have a grasp of the story more or less, ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠ツ⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯.

This really reminds me of

P.S. The censorship is okay for me (since I didn't read the source) and it makes it more worthwhile to watch the characters personalities and growth instead of focusing too much on those fan service but that's just me.

There is no source material it is original anime
Oct 19, 2022 8:50 PM

Mar 2013
savagem1987 said:
astralkill00 said:
I love this series. I have a grasp of the story more or less, ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠ツ⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯.

This really reminds me of

P.S. The censorship is okay for me (since I didn't read the source) and it makes it more worthwhile to watch the characters personalities and growth instead of focusing too much on those fan service but that's just me.

Why did you quote me? lmao
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Oct 19, 2022 8:54 PM
Apr 2018
astralkill00 said:
savagem1987 said:

Since you said you didn’t read the source material
Oct 19, 2022 8:58 PM

Mar 2013
savagem1987 said:
astralkill00 said:

Since you said you didn’t read the source material

The source given is "original" but there's actually a manga for this (said by others).
https://myanimelist.net/manga/148586/Renai_Flops
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Oct 19, 2022 9:06 PM

Feb 2017
savagem1987 said:
AcceleratorAngel said:

Removing another panty scene censoring the bath scene, and removing a toilet scene.

What do you expect in general? I don’t even think there is an uncensored version. There isn’t even any source material so this isn’t more censored than that? Pretty sure this is how show was intended.

If it's really original source material i will try to watch this but until now it's still following manga version.
i also not sure why MAL write it "source : original" though.
Luc36Oct 19, 2022 9:20 PM
-
-
Oct 19, 2022 9:42 PM

Feb 2021
Luc36 said:
savagem1987 said:

If it's really original source material i will try to watch this but until now it's still following manga version.
i also not sure why MAL write it "source : original" though.

This is an original, the manga is based on the anime's script and was released ahead of time to build up hype for the anime.
Oct 19, 2022 10:17 PM

Dec 2013
Man if an incredible twist doesn't drop by next episode, I'm out. So far it's just a hentai without any fucking. I kinda like self-aware harem trash like kanojo mo kanojo. Which i was sort of expecting this to be, based on hints the show has been dropping. But so far this isn't even good trash.
thedrynessOct 19, 2022 10:21 PM
Oct 19, 2022 11:13 PM

Jul 2015
I still think, that white hair might turn out to be actually a girl and was being raised as a boy. Something like that maid from Haganai.

Oct 20, 2022 12:39 AM
Mar 2020
The suspense is real and there are too many eerie aspect of the settings, I thought last week the guy who made the assumptions about the plot twist is schizoid but now it all comes into play.

1. They're basically homeless (Despite Aoi and Asahi collided during 1st episode, hinting that Aoi probably lives somewhere but now she suddenly homeless and despite being a Japanese too)
2. City is emptier than the 1st episode, and only has 1 same vehicle driving on the road.
3. Mongfa got chased by some sort of MIB shit.
4. House magically renovated itself, despite this is some Pre-Cyberpunk settings but that's just way too fishy.
5. OP hinted some stuff.

I do want to think this is a 2000's harem anime style but this is just way, way too fishy. But I still believe that at the very least we'll get some either supernatural or sci-fi plot twist. At the very least we definitely won't see some guro, DDLC or psychological shit judging by the OP/ED songs.

And not to mention the big names seiyuus on this one is probably a sign that this is a pretty ambitious original IP, they're really confident on this one.
Oct 20, 2022 12:59 AM
Oct 2022
I was disappointed because it’s Censored.. I thought it’s ecchi so nope, but think it’s fine but all characters girls was very cute and want Marry him too.. it’s funny lol
Oct 20, 2022 1:58 AM
May 2019
AcceleratorAngel said:

What you mean? We got to see loli booty uncensored in this episode unlike the first one at least, lol
Oct 20, 2022 2:08 AM
May 2019
Nekko_Khayal88 said:
How to rate this anime 0 or lower?

Shittiest romcom I've ever watch. Not even KNKR or KnK stand a chance

I'd rate it 100/10 if I could but then again, I spent $5500 on this, lol

https://twitter.com/Solidgearmara/status/1550626218764079104?t=PSJ0BrDgy_B3bDkaCBH4gw&s=19
Oct 20, 2022 2:12 AM
May 2019
100/10 .. Absolutely the best show of the season so far!
Oct 20, 2022 4:08 AM

Oct 2017
The coomers need to get off of MAL instead of whining.
Oct 20, 2022 4:41 AM
Sep 2016
still great anime to watch
Oct 20, 2022 4:43 AM
Dec 2019
bro when she said "aishiteru"....

my kokoro was going doki doki and my brain wanted to curl up into a ball and perish on the bus which was where I watched this...

Do you ever think that maybe anime was a mistake??

like, I'm watching this stuff, and I'm thinking "they are all underage, except the teacher..." this is a weird concept in general. The idea that they all move in with him is crazy. Also speaking of the teacher, that shit where she spidermanned on the ceiling above his bed... that was cray.

I think there is a big difference between tasteless lewdness and comedy, and I think this show is somewhere on one side of a line and I enjoyed it I think maybe.

prefect 5/7.
Oct 20, 2022 5:22 AM
Sep 2021
Our MC has now to choose his life partner from the 4 girls and a boy and this was arranged by our Mc's father.
I give it 5/10.
Oct 20, 2022 5:37 AM
Nov 2021
wtf is wrong with anime industry. why the hell the content of romance anime is changing from actual romance to fucking comedy and drama ? there is not a single romance anime to watch with actual romance! damn it!!!
Oct 20, 2022 9:21 AM
Nov 2019
Ep1: eww what a perv
Ep2: i love you, please marry me, let's have kids, look at my naked body, im a child groomer now
Oct 20, 2022 9:24 AM
Feb 2020
Honestly, I expected more. this is bullsh*t.
already dropped.
Oct 20, 2022 12:28 PM

Jul 2014
Yeah, there's definitely a twist coming. From how his house changed within a day without warning, to Aoi triggering a flashback to a time when she previously knew Asahi (despite this supposedly being their first day of meeting each other), to those people chasing Mongfa and the continued emptiness of the entire town.

At this point, it's just a question of when the show chooses to reveal whatever it's hiding, though I don't mind waiting as what we're getting at the moment is some funny trashy content.
Oct 20, 2022 12:46 PM

Jan 2022
What is this dude gay? Or...er...maybe he's just a bottom and likes big burly men instead of whatever Ilya is.
-insert NGE meme here-
Oct 20, 2022 1:39 PM

Sep 2020
Wonder why all the girls want to be with him so quickly, guess it has something to do with hidden memories, very funny episode.
Oct 20, 2022 2:35 PM

Mar 2014
Amazing how this days jp can make trash like this.... What happened ? How did they become like this ?
Oct 20, 2022 2:43 PM

Oct 2018
I'm willing to bet that Aoi is the same forgotten girl our MC was dreaming about in the first episode and who we see a few glimpses of in the op, after that scene where she realizes she knew Asahi from before.
Oct 20, 2022 3:57 PM
May 2022
Ashhk said:
So all the girls (and the boy lol) want to marry him and they even move to his house because of the father (and the house got instantly renovated to build more rooms xD), of course you have all the ecchi harassment but what to expect from this show... at least he allowed them to stay in the end thanks to the glasses girl speaking to him

What was the reason they just one episode and than there talking about LOVE 🫥 but i think it’s like every anime like this the child hood is missing a long time he gone love him and the other girls no chances
Oct 20, 2022 4:05 PM
Oct 2022
I'm going to call it now, Aoi is the one that created this simulation and the story revolves around her.
Oct 20, 2022 4:47 PM
May 2021
Creo que las únicas que me caen piola vendrían siendo Aoi (La de Lentes) y Mongfa (La sensei) porque las 2 y el trapito no es que no me caigan, pero se le ve cierta inmadurez que al parecer al protagonista no le gusta, pero bueno, episodio divertido ya parecía H la escena de la sensei con Asahi y que sigan las divertidas y flipantes aventuras de las chicas enamoradas y el grandioso prota.

Pd: Alguien que se haya leído el manga, sabe de los padres de Asahi?
Oct 20, 2022 7:29 PM
Feb 2020
I was getting into it until all the girls showed up at his house. Such a lame concept. Gives me 'Girlfriend Girlfriend' vibes and I dropped that one.
Oct 20, 2022 9:47 PM

Apr 2015
Bunille said:

Imagine using the term "coomer" unironically, back to Twitter where you came from.
"Well, she's flatter than a pancake"
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
"Are you trying to turn the dormitory into a strip club!?!
-Atena Saotome 
Oct 21, 2022 2:03 AM

Oct 2017
Tropisch said:
Bunille said:

Imagine using the term "coomer" unironically, back to Twitter where you came from.
So you're not denying it?
I'm pretty sure their attitude is a lot worse than some little word.
Oct 21, 2022 2:41 AM
Apr 2018
1st I'm Sure there no "Dad" in this, that rabbit is too SUS it also can move it eyes and conversation with MC.
2nd sureeee Ilya is a boi not like an old trope of girl dressing and pretend to be boy for "reason" (btw I recommend Mayochiki for this)
3rd yeah this one is original series and the manga is promotion material and manga rule is laxer than anime rule since it will be air on TV so promotion might go a bit...
4th oh god that sensei scene PASSIONE really go all out on that
Oct 21, 2022 3:08 AM

Jan 2021
Well i guess another interesting episode.

● All the girls are in love with him and some even propose to marry him

● Asahi is like "Nope" the whole time to all the girls

● Asahi hearing from his dad that the girls will be living with him, man literally broke lmfaoo

● Asahi having enough of it and even wants kick the girls out but decides not to do it because they have nowhere to go

● Aoi seeing in the past when Asahi smiles, she really in love now

I really think they took inspiration from The Quintessential Quintuplets
Oct 21, 2022 5:48 AM

Jun 2021
I'm rooting for Mongfa Sensei, Team Sensei Assemble!
Oct 21, 2022 6:01 AM

Apr 2021
What was that flashback scene from Aoi near the end of the ep??? It damn piques the curiosity...

Still ep 2 yet I could decide for best girl already. Which is Mongfa-sensei!

Oct 21, 2022 7:23 AM
May 2016
kinda fair though
when you look at it, the MC can have some influence in the serie
he doesn't give the same impression as the average MC
even tho the plot is average lol
Oct 21, 2022 8:19 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Atavistic said:
Yeah, there's definitely a twist coming. From how his house changed within a day without warning, to Aoi triggering a flashback to a time when she previously knew Asahi (despite this supposedly being their first day of meeting each other), to those people chasing Mongfa and the continued emptiness of the entire town.

At this point, it's just a question of when the show chooses to reveal whatever it's hiding, though I don't mind waiting as what we're getting at the moment is some funny trashy content.

I'm definitely seeing the anime showing its hand with the halfway mark at the very latest. There's way too much going on in the OP to not come to that conclusion, don't think it's gonna be a last three-ep twist.
Oct 21, 2022 9:36 AM

Aug 2014
So many thing happens in just one day. Why the pace so fast tho
Check My AnimeList (or click my signature)
My Main Genres: Adventure, Action, Fantasy
My Sub Genres: Slice of Life, Comedy, H&E

Check My Profile, my ranking
What I Watch This Season
Best Character & WAIFU This Season
Best OP/ED Song This Season
Oct 21, 2022 10:46 AM
Nov 2018
Lowest score to this one. Drop
Oct 21, 2022 11:26 AM
Oct 2022
@Penteano I hope you understand you'll be missing out.
Oct 21, 2022 2:47 PM
May 2012
what a virgin protagonist. is he assexual?
Oct 21, 2022 3:06 PM
Apr 2020
this doesn't even make sense. They must have come to Japan for just the purpose of marrying MC, so why did they all behave like total psychos in EP1? Plus everyone can think about homosexuality what they want but throwing in a girly looking and behaving boy for a "wife candidate" just makes this even more unenjoyable. Like if you are not into this kind of thing it's just a major annoyance having some actually funny and good scenes and then there is just this dude wanting to be your wife. They could've done this mixup thing where everyone believes she is a boy or something instead.

And lastly if there is no explanation at all why this story even happens, then it's just one of those fanservice-only animes where there is no other point in watching than fanservice.
Oct 21, 2022 6:26 PM

Feb 2020
Lmao what is this shot 😭
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 21, 2022 7:29 PM
Jan 2022
uhhh yea I loved it idk why but I loved it
Oct 21, 2022 10:56 PM

Jan 2011
i'm simply in utter confusion watching this because i refuse to believe someone actual made something like this without twist like so many things don't add up and im just praying its for some kind of pay off

dont trust the alarm clock!
Oct 22, 2022 2:30 AM
Apr 2022
still waiting for the twist...
Oct 22, 2022 3:51 AM

Oct 2018
So with the flashback, it's obvious something is happening behind all of it. Sensei is the best choice obviously.
Oct 22, 2022 4:05 AM
Aug 2020
Animation is good, Voice acting is also good. but I hope it would be explained why all of them are all okay to be arranged to him, their affection to him is kind of bs.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Renai Flops Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Nov 23, 2022

125 by qintaku10 »»
Today, 4:10 AM

Poll: » Renai Flops Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Nov 30, 2022

180 by qintaku10 »»
Today, 4:09 AM

Poll: » Renai Flops Episode 9 Discussion

KANLen09 - Dec 7, 2022

43 by qintaku10 »»
Today, 4:08 AM

Poll: » Renai Flops Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Nov 16, 2022

115 by qintaku10 »»
Today, 4:07 AM

Poll: » Renai Flops Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Nov 9, 2022

102 by qintaku10 »»
Today, 4:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.