Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 15, 2022 10:43 AM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
This is a friendly reminder that the deadline for Week 2 actions is quickly approaching!

Ace/Swap Here

Points counted this week:
- Members Watching
- Episode Discussions

Points counted in Week 3:
- Members Watching (x2)
- Score

Points counted in Week 4:
- Members Watching
- Episode Discussions
- Dropped Members
KinetaSep 29, 2023 11:15 PM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 15, 2022 10:43 AM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
Week 2 Anime Points

Coming soon.
Oct 15, 2022 11:27 AM
Nov 2019
I am new this season. last week, I selected the ace. This week I want to choose same ace but can't why????
Oct 15, 2022 11:43 AM

Aug 2022
ASIF_AZIZ said:
I am new this season. last week, I selected the ace. This week I want to choose same ace but can't why????
you aren't allowed to choose the same, and that's suppose to happenbest mal suggestion ever - https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=2047945
Oct 15, 2022 11:44 AM

Jul 2012
ASIF_AZIZ said:

Because you can't, 1 anime = 1 ace only.
Oct 15, 2022 12:25 PM

Nov 2012
I'm having a decision problem. I can't decide if I should swap more watchers with more discussions.
Oct 15, 2022 8:51 PM
Nov 2020
I love how I have to research and find out the rules myself very fun game
Oct 15, 2022 9:30 PM

Jul 2021
can we ace blue lock or not

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Oct 16, 2022 12:02 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
TsutanaiFuun said:

Sorry, but you can't. Blue Lock already pass the 85k watching unfortunately.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Oct 16, 2022 12:22 AM

Jul 2021
badabass said:
TsutanaiFuun said:

Sorry, but you can't. Blue Lock already pass the 85k watching unfortunately.
F. guess i'll just save my ace for this week then.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Oct 16, 2022 1:30 AM
Nov 2019
SouthernmostIsle said:
ASIF_AZIZ said:
you aren't allowed to choose the same, and that's suppose to happenbest mal suggestion ever - https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=2047945

What happens if that anime don,t become ace???
Oct 16, 2022 1:35 AM

Aug 2022
ASIF_AZIZ said:
SouthernmostIsle said:

What happens if that anime don,t become ace???
you loss 5000 points for incorrect answer and gain 75000 points for correct answer, it's given on the page onlybest mal suggestion ever - https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=2047945
Oct 16, 2022 2:30 AM

Jul 2012
Yoyobroyo said:

Research what exactly? There is a dedicated rules page over on FAL's website, everything you need to know is written there.
Oct 16, 2022 4:15 PM
Mar 2022
Hey, so I thoroughly looked through the rules on the fal.myanimelist.net/fall_2022/rules section, and I didn't see that there was a change in how the Ace's can be factored until I clicked on the "Join FAL Official Club" and clicked the "Show Ace FAQ" button. Based on the rules from last season (where I placed #22) my acing of Witch of Mercury should have been counted correctly, since Shadow was aced last week and Blue Lock was ineligible. For such an important change I wish this would have been more obvious so I wouldn't have ruined my MAL season. If my ace was correct, I would be sitting at #1 overall right now with 611,167 points, rather than at #163 with 611,167 - 75,000 - 5,000 (for being incorrect) = 531,167. I get technically the wording was listed in this forum that the change was made, but this feels like a Hitchhiker's situation, where it's not obvious that the change existed in the first place. All I noticed of changes from the prev season were the point differential boost to aces and the scale down of MAL score.
Oct 16, 2022 4:51 PM
Mar 2022
If I can add a potential change/fix to avoid this situation again, can you please add this line to the Rules Tab in the main FAL section.
"You cannot Ace the anime with the second highest points until the one with the highest points has >85,000 users watching+completed."

Also I would appreciate if you rectify the -5K from anyone who aced an anime that would have been correct under the Spring 22 rules and allow that anime to be aced in the future. That way we could treat this week as a "no ace" situation, and not have to worry about impacting players who understood this change beforehand or unpenalize players who got the Ace wrong anyway.

I understand the issue stems from an oversight on my end, but let me know if this seems reasonable.
Oct 16, 2022 4:58 PM
Mar 2022
Unless I'm crazy and I by luck did it right under these rules last season, then I apologize.
Oct 16, 2022 9:20 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
@tiburone13 y'know that Kage still an Ace material on your team because of highest point after BL ineligible, right? So its actually wrong to call Gundam an Ace previously. Unless you put Kage bench, its a different matter xd. And as far as i remember the Ace rule is still the same. Do you remember what matter you think its different based on last fal issue?
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

Oct 16, 2022 9:41 PM
Mar 2022
@badabass Hey appreciate the response. The point was I didn't realize Kage was still eligible despite already acing it last week. I was under the impressions that once an anime had been successfully aced it can no longer qualify to be aced. Which I guess was never in the rules, and something I didn't have to deal with last season despite acing 7/8 anime on my team correctly (Komi hit 85+ before wk1 ended). Either way the Ace rules have always been pretty unclear and vague to me based on the info in the Rules Tab of the main FAL page. I'd appreciate if this line "You cannot Ace the anime with the second highest points until the one with the highest points has >85,000 users watching+completed." was added to it, since that is not included there but rather in a hidden box on this forum page. If this line was on the main Rules page, I wouldn't have made this mistake.
Oct 16, 2022 9:56 PM
Mar 2022
@badabass Also it sounds like you're implying that if I benched Kage that would have worked? The rules just say highest on team, not specifically active team.
Oct 16, 2022 9:58 PM
Mar 2022
Like you can only declare an ace on your active team, but no restriction on just being highest on active team.
Oct 16, 2022 10:06 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
@tiburone13 "You cannot Ace the anime with the second highest points until the one with the highest points has >85,000 users watching+completed" < Ah about that you may need to call Kineta here to see if those line can be added to the rule section, as a faq. Indeed its sound problematic if people not reading the Ace faq first in this club wall or ask question first about that. Well, point taken then!

tiburone13 said:
@badabass Also it sounds like you're implying that if I benched Kage that would have worked? The rules just say highest on team, not specifically active team.

As for this, idk how you implied team mean the whole team. Ofc its mean the active team xd. But let's not make it a long debate. I just respond base on my knowledge only, not to complain how vague rule can do xd
badabassOct 16, 2022 11:14 PM

Oct 16, 2022 10:14 PM
Mar 2022
@badabass all good! No intention of arguing appreciate the feedback. I'm a stats major so precise language is important to me as it can mean pretty different things. "Team" doesn't clearly read "active team" to me, since "benched team" is still technically part of my whole 8 anime team.
Oct 16, 2022 10:31 PM
Mar 2022
@Kineta wanted to tag for viz in this thread. I concede the initial intention of my first comment was incorrect, but due to the amount of confusion around acing, I would appreciate if the rules were a little more clear (or potentially add a acing tutorial video to answer common questions). I'd imagine the majority of people who get aces incorrect are because they don't understand the rules. As long as you check your team right before the deadline you should never be able to pick the ace incorrectly. But for starters I'd appreciate if the line I quoted in previous comments was added to the main rules tab as well. Thanks!
Oct 17, 2022 2:20 AM

Jan 2012
badabass said:
@tiburone13 y'know that Kage still an Ace material on your team because of highest point after BL ineligible, right? So its actually wrong to call Gundam an Ace previously. Unless you put Kage bench, its a different matter xd. And as far as i remember the Ace rule is still the same. Do you remember what matter you think its different based on last fal issue?

That's a pity. Didn't understand this from rules. They should definitely update the rules to make things more clear.
Oct 17, 2022 3:11 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
trampler8324 said:

That's a pity. Didn't understand this from rules. They should definitely update the rules to make things more clear.

Don't worry much about that, i also have the same trouble with you, but i keep playing xd. Better to just have fun with all you have now, talk about it with more people, and be better on the next fal edition. Good luck!

Oct 17, 2022 7:35 AM
Mar 2022
Hey, just checked the week-2 results, i had marked reincarnated as a sword as my ace as blue lock (above 85k) and shadow eminence (aced in the first week) were unavailable. I got negative points for that. Can u please clarify why, if this is a mistake can u fix it?
Oct 17, 2022 7:43 AM
Mar 2022
@mrcultured it's the same mistake I made. Technically Shadow is the only anime you could have aced this week despite already acing it last week. "You cannot Ace the anime with the second highest points until the one with the highest points has >85,000 users watching+completed". This rule sits in this forum in the Ace FAQ button.
Oct 17, 2022 8:23 AM
Mar 2022
@tiburone13 thanks for the clarification, man it hurts to simply lose point
Oct 17, 2022 8:35 AM
Mar 2022
@mrcultured I feel that, had a whole intense spreadsheet tracker and everything. Guess we just have to do well with a handicap now
Oct 17, 2022 10:37 AM
Jul 2020
tiburone13 said:
@mrcultured it's the same mistake I made. Technically Shadow is the only anime you could have aced this week despite already acing it last week. "You cannot Ace the anime with the second highest points until the one with the highest points has >85,000 users watching+completed". This rule sits in this forum in the Ace FAQ button.

According to the rules that's not correct. Once you use a Ace you cannot use it anymore. If you used Eminence the first week you cannot put it as Ace the second week.

"Each anime on a team may be declared as an Ace only one (1) time per FAL season."

This is what the rules states and it's very clear. Am I right @Kineta?
Oct 17, 2022 10:42 AM
Jul 2020
MrCultured said:
Hey, just checked the week-2 results, i had marked reincarnated as a sword as my ace as blue lock (above 85k) and shadow eminence (aced in the first week) were unavailable. I got negative points for that. Can u please clarify why, if this is a mistake can u fix it?

You did it correctly. They have to change our scores.
Oct 17, 2022 10:55 AM
Mar 2022
@yadava98 I hope you're right, but I think Kage is the only thing we could have aced this week regardless of if we aced it last week.
Oct 17, 2022 11:18 AM

Jul 2012
@Yadava98 @tiburone13 nothing is wrong with the scores, you can only ace an anime one time, and kage is still counted as the highest scoring anime in your team because it hasn't gone over 85k watching. So because you aced tenken while kage is still in your active team and <85k you recieved the penalty.
Oct 17, 2022 11:49 AM
Mar 2022
@samii That is correct, which is why I asked @kineta for rule clarifications in the Rules Tab going forward.

I would appreciate if this line was in the rules tab, rather than only being found if you clicked the join forum and then clicked the show ACE FAQ button.
"You cannot Ace the anime with the second highest points until the one with the highest points has >85,000 users watching+completed"

Also i just looked through the scores, but I did not realize that the highest score was only among the "active team". According to the rules below, your Ace selection has to be on your active team, but to be the correct ace it must be the highest on the "team" but that is not specifically labelled "active team". According to the scores though, if I benched Kage I would have gotten the Ace points, which is not how I interpreted the rules below. I thought that since Kage is on my team regardless of whether its active or benched it would still be the highest on my team. (I consider my 8 anime group to be my whole team).

" In any week of the FAL season, one (1) active anime on a team may be declared as the "Ace." The Ace will take effect at the end of the week when the scores are counted.
Aces are available as soon as the FAL season begins.
Each anime on a team may be declared as an Ace only one (1) time per FAL season.
Once an anime passes 85,000+ members in "Watching" and "Completed" combined, that anime is no longer eligible to be an Ace. The anime with the next highest total points on the team will then be awarded points if correctly declared as the Ace."
Oct 17, 2022 6:06 PM
Jan 2018
I echo @tiburone13 's request for the rule language to be updated for clarity's sake (the only reason I'm not in a similar position is because I happened to stumble onto the FAQs because the rules were confusing for me)

Even the language on the MyTeam page under "Take Action?" (which I feel is some of the clearest) could be updated to aid with this confusion. Right now it reads:

"Ace the anime you expect to receive the most points in your active team for this week. Correct answers give 75,000 points and incorrect answers take 5,000 points.

Once an anime passes 85,000 watching members, it can no longer be aced, and the next anime with the most points in your team can be guessed instead.

Please note you can only ace each anime title once during the season."

Adding a sentence at the end like:

Please note you can only ace each anime title once during the season. This means that you may have already previously selected the correct anime to ace for this week.
Oct 17, 2022 9:49 PM
Jul 2020
Samii said:
@Yadava98 @tiburone13 nothing is wrong with the scores, you can only ace an anime one time, and kage is still counted as the highest scoring anime in your team because it hasn't gone over 85k watching. So because you aced tenken while kage is still in your active team and <85k you recieved the penalty.

Yes thank you, I understood now the mistake, but still this is not clear from the rules. In the meanwhile not only I lost 5000 points this week for the penalty, but I cannot Ace reincarnated as a sword anymore now, so it's also 75k less for the future. I guess no FAL winning even this season 🤷🏼‍♂️
Oct 17, 2022 11:55 PM

Dec 2013
hello im still new in this event nice to meet you all
Oct 18, 2022 6:38 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Yadava98 said:
In the meanwhile not only I lost 5000 points this week for the penalty, but I cannot Ace reincarnated as a sword anymore now, so it's also 75k less for the future. I guess no FAL winning even this season 🤷🏼‍♂️

Yea that's actually hurt a lot. Hope you still enjoy the remaining season and be ready for the next season of fal!

Hotarunn said:
hello im still new in this event nice to meet you all

Also hello and nice to meet you too!

Oct 19, 2022 4:52 AM

Jan 2021
Yoyobroyo said:

If I'm being honest, I'm personally finding that aspect of it to be part of the fun, but I think feeling that way is entirely valid. There were definitely a couple of clarifications I had to dig for/ask others about that weren't specified in the official channels such as the rules and FAQ, but I also love that there are those kinds of intricacies to it that require deeper thought.

tiburone13 said:
The point was I didn't realize Kage was still eligible despite already acing it last week. I was under the impressions that once an anime had been successfully aced it can no longer qualify to be aced.

Is that... not the case?

If it's any consolation, my team's also not looking too flash this week, haha. All of my titles have dropped in the rankings. 😅
My MALoween✟Mansion Candies:
Oct 19, 2022 6:30 AM
Go read Medalist
Apr 2007
To clarify, once you ace something, it is indeed no longer eligible on the following weeks—but it doesn't mean other shows don't have to beat it until it passes the 85k member threshold. If it stays the top scorer afterwards, you just have to wait until another show overtakes it, or until it passes the 85k member threshold, or you force it out to the bench.
Oct 19, 2022 8:39 AM
Mar 2022
@Moozooh Yep that's what I intended to say there. I just wasn't aware that an anime that was ineligible to select could still meet the Ace qualification requirements for the week. (That and the active team only rule were not clear at alll to me.)

@Caitlin8898 I love the complexity of the strategy that is required for this game, but that's under the assumption that I completely understand the rules first. As for the digging I also can appreciate digging and finding things, but that is something more for the Easter Egg hunt event or when doing individual research for picking the anime on your team prior to the season. Having to dig for the rules itself can be pretty frustrating and lead to threads like these, since not everyone thinks the same and can interpret the language of wording equally.

Also ya, I watch anime title ratings on this site pretty closely sometimes. And pretty much every anime (except like Bocchi, MHA, Fuufo, and DIY) has gone down in score over the last week or two. We're hitting the 3 episode rule for a lot of these shows so the amount of people who drop the show and realize the show isn't for them are going to be rating the shows lower. Plus each episode has to live up to the hype of the premiere episode otherwise everyone will feel let down and rate it lower/drop. Also, shows with lower user count don't have scores that exactly match the ratings for the show. The lower the shows user count, the more MAL weights the score towards the anime average. (Take Idolish for example, hand calc the weighted average of the score yourself and see how close it is to the actual rating).

Idk not too go off on too much of a tangent, but wish scores could be more broken down somehow to reflect why people drop. I've definitely found shows in the 6-7 range that were really fun and well made, but very niche which turns off many watchers, but at the same time you can have a show with the same score be generic with low quality animation and storytelling. Same problem at the top of MAL where no one is allowed to pass FMA for #1. I had a notification from MAL the other day saying FMA is the most popular anime of this season, which last time i checked finishing airing 10+ years ago.
Oct 19, 2022 9:30 AM
Mar 2017
I had the craziest jump this week. From 19000s to 2000 something. No thanks to Blue lock. It's amazing
Oct 19, 2022 12:35 PM
Sep 2022
First time in FAL. Can anyone tell me if score shown to us on main page of fal (https://fal.myanimelist.net/fall_2022/myteam) are weekly or total.
Oct 19, 2022 8:33 PM
Mar 2022
@PeepingTurtle When you click on FAL you'll see Rank # (+/- x), where that Rank # is you're current standing, and the number in parantheses is how many spots up or down you changed from the previous week.

If you click the rankings tabs, you'll see everyone's team ranking with both the Weekly & Total scores. Click the My Rank button at the bottom of that table to see yours. Hope that helps!
Oct 19, 2022 8:34 PM
Mar 2022
The scores for each anime at the bottom of the My Team page are just for that week!
Oct 19, 2022 10:29 PM
Sep 2022
tiburone13 said:
@PeepingTurtle When you click on FAL you'll see Rank # (+/- x), where that Rank # is you're current standing, and the number in parantheses is how many spots up or down you changed from the previous week.

If you click the rankings tabs, you'll see everyone's team ranking with both the Weekly & Total scores. Click the My Rank button at the bottom of that table to see yours. Hope that helps!
Thanks
Oct 20, 2022 8:27 AM

Jan 2021
Does anyone know if we're able to swap twice in the same week? Asking for a friend. 😅
My MALoween✟Mansion Candies:
Oct 20, 2022 9:31 AM

Jul 2012
Caitlin8898 said:
Does anyone know if we're able to swap twice in the same week? Asking for a friend. 😅

You can't swap twice a week.
Oct 20, 2022 10:20 AM

Sep 2013
I got stuck with Fumetsu no Anata e 2nd Season, because I didn't look at the release date. Nice start 🤣
Oct 20, 2022 3:10 PM
May 2017
If I aced an anime in a previous week (eminence in shadow week 1), and another anime has passed the 85k member threshold (blue lock). Should I ace the anime in 3rd place and will I get points for that? The rules seem to imply that I won't. Is this the case?
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Week 2: Ace/Swap Reminder & Discussion

Kineta - Apr 14

40 by anri_alien »»
1 hour ago

» I aced Kaiju No. 8 this week, is it still eligible?

spaceman777 - Apr 20

1 by Ax1om »»
Apr 20, 9:58 AM

» Week 1: Ace/Swap Reminder & Discussion

Kineta - Apr 7

13 by MistyBlue »»
Apr 13, 3:04 PM

» Week 12: Wildcard/Ace/Swap Reminder & Discussion

Kineta - Mar 24

9 by Zoopiez »»
Mar 31, 5:24 PM

» Week 11: Wildcard/Ace/Swap Reminder & Discussion

Kineta - Mar 17

12 by Zoopiez »»
Mar 18, 6:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.