Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 3, 2022 3:10 AM

Sep 2020

any exercise videos you follow on YouTube? do share them here

Oct 3, 2022 5:26 AM

Dec 2015
Well I haven't followed or checked any exercise or videos for training purposes as I am used to have a training in a club where the exercises/training stuff were already decided or improvised but maybe I'll be able to somehow improvise to show what kind of stuff I was used to do 5-4 years.

As a warmup I guess these 30 minutes exercise should be enough [I'd also recommend before that a little 5-10 minutes run session + movement of each joint and muscles of a typical beginning of warm up -> just saying as I was at full contact sport trainings so it was a must to have a warmed body before going to fights]

And after making something like that above, usually we were doing the something we called "Tabata" which is like above 45 to 60 seconds of exercise and 5 to 15 seconds of resting between, the difference is that I would do for example 8 series of Burpees/Push-ups so first would be burpess, second series would be push-ups and so on, than 8 series of militarry planck, than 8 series of jumping jogs or however you call it, than 8 series of sit-ups/squats etc. So it would be few exercises but with more repetition instead of what is shown in the video. After that normally I would train the techniques so we would have a session of one person standing and the rest training a full charge with shield, technique to knock down an opponent with a leg hack, some other stuff, than we would split in groups, we would have divided a training hall in 4 squares + 4 boxing bags, in 2 square would be duel sparrings in training armoury with shield+sword/polearm, the 3rd square would be a 3v3 wrestling and the 4th would be 5v5 training which is shown below how it would look like. Those who couldn't go to as for example there was alot of us, or someone got slightly injured during the 5v5 or someone had to make a break cause of exhaust vomiting those people would go to boxing bag and do some series of hitting it with a wooden sword and than go back to other fights when that person feels ready to.

The main difference is that we had a motto "Do Pożygu" which is "till the vomitting" so we were going out quite hard during trainings [yeah there wasn't a week with at least one person vomitting at the toilet halfway through training] + we would always wear for our trainings a gambeson, padded pants or however they are called at english, also we would wear some karate/kendo/hockey helmets, additionaly some other gear for example I was using motorcycle gloves cause of the armed knucles sides and I was also wearing beneath my gambeson the knee and elbow protectors which were meant for skating and the shin protectors from soccer etc.
ZettaikenOct 3, 2022 5:32 AM

More topics from this board

» Why don't you have a cat/dog?

tsukareru - Today

10 by traed »»
24 minutes ago

» Do you have an obsessive desire to be liked or adored? ( 1 2 )

00002019 - Nov 10, 2013

73 by AdamBirch »»
2 hours ago

» Favorite places in Japan(to thos who have been to Japan) and where would you like to visit in the future when you go again? ( 1 2 )

KiraraFan - May 7

54 by GinIonSui »»
2 hours ago

» Who's the oldest user on MAL? ( 1 2 3 )

Klefki_of_Awsome - May 7, 2020

102 by pillowofwinds »»
5 hours ago

» Do your dress nice? ( 1 2 )

PopArt - Jul 6, 2023

84 by Butterfly_White »»
5 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.