Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Sep 26, 2022 1:23 AM

Jul 2021
_Mawr_ said:
3looming said:

clown ass bait. dystopian capitalism forces ppl into bad decisions, just take the L and accept it

Nothing what i said is in conflit with what you said

was meant to be a response to OP, sry
-- art-house/psychological/stylish/philosophical anime enjoyer with yuri bias and the attention span of a smol-antlered creature --
Sep 26, 2022 5:57 AM
Dec 2021
Well said. I also thought the same thing. I never cared about any of the characters(except Becca, cos reasons), because they keep making bad decisions.

But honestly I don’t see other available options.
Sep 26, 2022 6:30 AM
Dec 2021
_Mawr_ said:
Mathi786 said:

I get your point but think about it for second, a wise and logical person could just migrate from night city and find somewhere else to live, now admittedly I don't know if in this universe night city is the only place in the world so I won't press further on that point, but there are still other ways, he could be an engineer or a brick layer or a hairdresser or million other professions that are necessary for human civilization to exist, he could do any of them and still lived,

I mean than you wouldn't have a story to tell but at least it's logical,

Night city surroundings are only deserts with some nomads living there and America is after reunification war and corporations war and is still rebuldint after them, nature on the planet is destroyed and there are still visable effects of atomic explosions i think. (Cyberpunk world compendium)
I think then the world everywere have some similarities to night city, maybe there are some better place (if i remember it well V migrate to one in usa) but not everybody know were are they and how looks outside world (new internet is chaotic and full of hackers as far as i know), and to mograte crucial is money, you need to pay for transport and to buy some accommodation before you find a job dont you? (I am sure after wars and other things there are many unemplayed people who would like to work)
Its the world of the future so
people dont need hairdresser bc they just download code and do it themselfs, also modern machines and robots do most of the work so a few humans are needed (for modern robots its easy to build a house i think), i think thats the cause of high unemplayment rate.

Buts its only my percepion of the cyberpunk world and I understand your point of view.

Wow, you’re knowledgeable as much as you’re open-minded. I like people like you.😇

First and foremost, the world is made up. So the writers made everything go this crazy😂. There is no way this real world would end up like that.
Sep 26, 2022 6:39 AM

Jul 2013
Isn't that the point of the whole show? The characters have their own ambitions to the point where they commit irrational actions to achieve those ambitions.

Saying that this kind of story will ruin the medium is plain stupid. These kinds of tragedies have already been depicted in classical literatures.
Sep 26, 2022 7:38 AM
Feb 2022
Bikuta-san said:
_Mawr_ said:

Night city surroundings are only deserts with some nomads living there and America is after reunification war and corporations war and is still rebuldint after them, nature on the planet is destroyed and there are still visable effects of atomic explosions i think. (Cyberpunk world compendium)
I think then the world everywere have some similarities to night city, maybe there are some better place (if i remember it well V migrate to one in usa) but not everybody know were are they and how looks outside world (new internet is chaotic and full of hackers as far as i know), and to mograte crucial is money, you need to pay for transport and to buy some accommodation before you find a job dont you? (I am sure after wars and other things there are many unemplayed people who would like to work)
Its the world of the future so
people dont need hairdresser bc they just download code and do it themselfs, also modern machines and robots do most of the work so a few humans are needed (for modern robots its easy to build a house i think), i think thats the cause of high unemplayment rate.

Buts its only my percepion of the cyberpunk world and I understand your point of view.

Wow, you’re knowledgeable as much as you’re open-minded. I like people like you.😇

First and foremost, the world is made up. So the writers made everything go this crazy😂. There is no way this real world would end up like that.

Thank you, i like you too because you're so kind ;)

It's made up and will never happen but it show us that everyone should care about our world then we will have bright future
Sep 26, 2022 7:57 AM
Feb 2021
Mathi786 said:
I know everyone's simping for this anime really hard but hear me out
All i wanna ask is "don't you think it was all pointless",
To make my point more clear I want to appreciate the good things I mean visuals, sound tracks,color schemes, choreography and ofc feels, it had all that but what about logic, if I sum up the story it goes like this

A boy lost his mum and than started hanging out in bad gatherings than got addicted to things that were bad for him, went crazy killed innocent people and than died,

This was the fucking story why would someone give about something so idiotic, can't these people think for second, and are we supposed to root for these guys?

What's next, making a show about serial killers and justifying their killing habits?

All i wanna say is that I wholeheartedly agree with what that doctor guy said when giving David his last medicine "Go be a legend or whatever the fuck you people do"

This show reminded of a much better show named bungou stray dogs, character in that show had the same circumstances but they weren't bad and selfish people, they helped each other out and became people unlike David and his friends and the end the conclusion show gave us was so mediocre, Lucy went to the moon as a bloody tourist, David gave his life so Lucy could get a vacation how dumb is that🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Anyway this show was done amazing but it had no logic behind it and the only character with a bit of a brain was Lucy but she was always naked Which is so annoying and distracting (and incredibly sexy ofc)

So well m giving it 7 just bcz of how well done it was but I hope they don't keep making these kinda shows, it'll Ruin the anime as a medium

the hype community made i thought it's the next aot , demon Slayer kinda hype

but in 5th episode so far it's a 6/10 show for me blood and sex
Sep 26, 2022 9:20 AM
Feb 2021
Shows aren't rational because all the characters make rational decisions -- that'd be the furthest thing from real life -- but by having the people acting out and reacting in line with their characterization, not just what the plot/tropes demand. They will also bear consequence for their choices
In this regard, I find Edgerunners to have fulfilled the standard.

Another show where things went bad for cast due to bad decisions was Iron-Blooded Orphans, and yet I find the path leading towards the end a bit off, due to:
Sep 26, 2022 11:43 AM
Jun 2021
To answer your: "don't you think it was all pointless" phrase because that's as far as im gonna read that long ass text. Yes it was pointless and that's the point. At the start they tell david that the life of an edgerunner is to live trying to make a name of yourself and die without your name being mentioned again. Or at least that's pretty much what was said. So yes it's pointless but it's the point of this anime.
Sep 26, 2022 11:44 AM
Jun 2021
Cravun said:
Mathi786 said:
To make my point more clear I want to appreciate the good things I mean visuals, sound tracks,color schemes, choreography and ofc feels, it had all that but what about logic, if I sum up the story it goes like this

A boy lost his mum and than started hanging out in bad gatherings than got addicted to things that were bad for him, went crazy killed innocent people and than died,

This was the fucking story why would someone give about something so idiotic, can't these people think for second, and are we supposed to root for these guys?

What's next, making a show about serial killers and justifying their killing habits?

All i wanna say is that I wholeheartedly agree with what that doctor guy said when giving David his last medicine "Go be a legend or whatever the fuck you people do"

This show reminded of a much better show named bungou stray dogs, character in that show had the same circumstances but they weren't bad and selfish people, they helped each other out and became people unlike David and his friends and the end the conclusion show gave us was so mediocre, Lucy went to the moon as a bloody tourist, David gave his life so Lucy could get a vacation how dumb is that🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Anyway this show was done amazing but it had no logic behind it and the only character with a bit of a brain was Lucy but she was always naked Which is so annoying and distracting (and incredibly sexy ofc)

So well m giving it 7 just bcz of how well done it was but I hope they don't keep making these kinda shows, it'll Ruin the anime as a medium

“What’s next, making a show about serial killers and justifying their killing habits?”

They did that, it’s called Death Note.

Or one on mass murderers call that attack on titan.
Sep 26, 2022 12:03 PM

May 2015
Uh huh, you gave Redo of Healer a 10 your opinions are not to be taken seriously
Sep 26, 2022 12:32 PM

May 2020
how is cyberpunk going to ruin the medium when

rent-a-girlfriend
classroom of the elite
stepsister is my ex

all aired in the past few months?
Sep 26, 2022 9:04 PM

Nov 2018
Man, MAL has an empathy problem
Sep 26, 2022 10:20 PM

Jan 2015
Yeah the plot was just too trash for this to be ranked this high imo. Solid anime that embodied the game but the thing was just pure aesthetic.
Sep 27, 2022 4:44 AM

Feb 2019
Mathi786 said:

Edit: A lot of people are saying that characters made bad decisions bcz of circumstances and I just fail to see how that would actually work, why couldn't David honor his mom's dream and try to be better or why did he kept upgrading until he became less human and more machine, someone said there are no other career choices other than being a cyberpunk but there were police officers and other corporate people like that innocent women which David shot just bcz he was losing it, he made her son an orphan bcz he slipped a bit,
What m saying is that circumstances are not an excuse for killing people or being a bad person

I really thought we were beyond "if every character is not a paragon of morality and logic then that is bad writing." Guess some people never learn.
Well I for one already loved Lain.
Sep 27, 2022 9:48 AM
Jan 2022
Mathi786 said:
BlueSpirit9319 said:
[I am concluding now. Last thing i want to say is don't dare talk shits about Lucy or I will Kill you 🔫. And yes I am a simp proudly

You're doing that bcz of all those naked scenes right? It's opposite for me, I would've liked her very much if she was just teasing her hotness, but nope she was naked almost the whole show and that was a real turn offl

Character design exists lmao

Sep 27, 2022 3:02 PM

Jul 2008
The genre of "enterprising gangster rises to the top of the criminal underworld, ends up dying at the end" is a very old one. There were plenty of such movies in the 1930's; the original "Scarface", "The Public Enemy", "Little Caesar", etc. I wouldn't call these pictures "pointless"; they're tragedies, one of the oldest type of human stories, passed down from the ancient Greeks. They're also frequently morality tales, which are "merely" hundreds of years old.

There's an awful lot to criticize Edgerunners for, but not its subgenre.
Sep 27, 2022 10:19 PM
Feb 2020
billybub said:
Uh huh, you gave Redo of Healer a 10 your opinions are not to be taken seriously

Come ooooooonnnnnnnn

I was just kidding there
Sep 27, 2022 10:20 PM
Feb 2020
CickNipolla said:

rent-a-girlfriend
classroom of the elite
stepsister is my ex

These shows aren't made to be taken seriously nor do they take themselves seriously like edge runners
Sep 27, 2022 10:22 PM
Feb 2020
O_T_T said:
Mathi786 said:

Edit: A lot of people are saying that characters made bad decisions bcz of circumstances and I just fail to see how that would actually work, why couldn't David honor his mom's dream and try to be better or why did he kept upgrading until he became less human and more machine, someone said there are no other career choices other than being a cyberpunk but there were police officers and other corporate people like that innocent women which David shot just bcz he was losing it, he made her son an orphan bcz he slipped a bit,
What m saying is that circumstances are not an excuse for killing people or being a bad person

I really thought we were beyond "if every character is not a paragon of morality and logic then that is bad writing." Guess some people never learn.

Who the fuck is talking about morality, can't you even read now?

I was talking about intelligence and yes we if people are dumb enough to make stupid decisions every step of the than that's bad writing for sure
Sep 27, 2022 10:27 PM
Feb 2020
YoungVagabond said:
The genre of "enterprising gangster rises to the top of the criminal underworld, ends up dying at the end" is a very old one. There were plenty of such movies in the 1930's; the original "Scarface", "The Public Enemy", "Little Caesar", etc. I wouldn't call these pictures "pointless"; they're tragedies, one of the oldest type of human stories, passed down from the ancient Greeks. They're also frequently morality tales, which are "merely" hundreds of years old.

There's an awful lot to criticize Edgerunners for, but not its subgenre.

I haven't seen any of the things you mentioned but m pretty sure characters in these must've some kind of motive behind their actions, not like the woke up one day and decided they're gonna do everything in their power to try and kill themselves,

Ok tell me something, would you guys still like a character if at the beginning of the series he took a slow poison that would kill him eventually and started doing different stuff knowing perfectly well that all of it amounts to nothing and he would die in the end???
Sep 27, 2022 10:36 PM

May 2020
Mathi786 said:
CickNipolla said:

rent-a-girlfriend
classroom of the elite
stepsister is my ex

These shows aren't made to be taken seriously nor do they take themselves seriously like edge runners

you dont think a show like classroom of the elite is meant to be taken seriously? lol
Sep 27, 2022 11:22 PM
Oct 2007
Mathi786 said:
I was talking about intelligence and yes we if people are dumb enough to make stupid decisions every step of the than that's bad writing for sure

It's very realistic though. Real people make bad decisions every day. Night City itself is a futuristic mirror on current day USA. I'm sure it's a good thing this is not relatable to you, but if you return to this show in 10 to 15 years time I'm sure you'll look at it differently.
cosmoSep 28, 2022 10:31 PM
Sep 28, 2022 2:09 AM
Jun 2020
i couldn't read the whole thing so i could be off track, but i think the characters are very similar to Akame ga kill. what made me sad is that they couldn't get over their past and died bcs of that. i'd love to see em on a date tbh
Sep 28, 2022 5:42 AM
Nov 2017
vp787 said:
Man, MAL has an empathy problem

This honestly and a problem with perspective.
Sep 29, 2022 9:01 PM

Sep 2018
really gave more context for some of the actions for me, especially david! tl;dw david doesn't really have a dream, he's a blank slate that doesn't mind helping other people with their dreams, and he's deluded into trying to live up to his moms and maines expectations, otherwise he feels their deaths would mean nothing.
Sep 30, 2022 6:07 AM

Feb 2019
Mathi786 said:

So you're just outright not aware of what you yourself are talking about. That would, at the very least, explain why you'd spout such nonsense.

Evidently I need to elaborate. What you think of as "intelligence" is actually omniscience. You want the cast to intrinsically know, predict, even, what the "right" decision is in every scenario. This may be apparent to you, the viewer - though based on your comments I doubt even that - but the characters, having intentions, formative experiences, weaknesses and beliefs of their own, do not have such a perspective. The point of the show is to demonstrate how such a situation is destructive to the human psyche, figuratively and literally. Your expectations of everyone being perfect and immediately solving everything with smiles and sunshine simply isn't met here, and for the better.
Sep 30, 2022 3:17 PM
Jan 2017
Most stories are full of bad choices because otherwise there will be little to no conflict, but yes, David's decision making in particular was so out there that it was hard to even relate to him when he is actively killing himself for ??? reasons ??? Until the end all he ever needed/used was his original implant so it made no sense to go so overboard. He knew he was on the brink even before the final suit.
Oct 1, 2022 12:25 AM
Feb 2020
O_T_T said:
Mathi786 said:

So you're just outright not aware of what you yourself are talking about. That would, at the very least, explain why you'd spout such nonsense.

Evidently I need to elaborate. What you think of as "intelligence" is actually omniscience. You want the cast to intrinsically know, predict, even, what the "right" decision is in every scenario. This may be apparent to you, the viewer - though based on your comments I doubt even that - but the characters, having intentions, formative experiences, weaknesses and beliefs of their own, do not have such a perspective. The point of the show is to demonstrate how such a situation is destructive to the human psyche, figuratively and literally. Your expectations of everyone being perfect and immediately solving everything with smiles and sunshine simply isn't met here, and for the better.

Either you're not hearing me or haven't seen the show,
I m not talking about omniscience or whatever fancy word you're using to sound smart, I m simply talking about a better choice, David literally had no stakes in the story and he did everything on the rule of "this might happen as well", its as simple as taking poison on regular basis,.if you do that you can't blame the city or circumstances, it just you own fault,

Look I think m not getting to you but I want to you to imagine yourself or people around you as david and think what would a sane simple person who doesn't want to die would do if you still think what David is ok than so be it
Oct 1, 2022 12:33 AM

Apr 2022
First Polish turd IP friendo?
I may make you feel but I can't make you think.

Oct 1, 2022 1:53 AM
Jul 2020
Mathi786 said:

You missed the point of the show big time
Oct 1, 2022 3:38 AM
Jun 2022
i mean it really shows that society is a fucked up thing - no matter where it takes place

and lets be honest -you dont think this show is worse than steretypical isekai do you?
Oct 1, 2022 3:39 AM
Jun 2022
Katzenjunge said:
Look, people need to stop thinking that fictional characters need to be Einstein and always make the most logical desicions or make the desicions you would make in their place. You can tell a story about dumb characters that do dumb stuff - or do stuff differently than you would - and it can still be a good story.

thats what isekais are for -overpowered mc getting hoes no matter what he fucking does
Oct 1, 2022 4:09 AM

Jun 2015
Ive watched this show and im happy to rate your comment as invalid. Troll me, I troll you. Next eps pls!!

CickNipolla said:

rent-a-girlfriend
classroom of the elite
stepsister is my ex

To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Oct 1, 2022 9:50 AM
Feb 2020
elementik9 said:
i mean it really shows that society is a fucked up thing - no matter where it takes place

and lets be honest -you dont think this show is worse than steretypical isekai do you?

I hate isekais with every fiber of my being except Isekai parodies
Oct 1, 2022 2:29 PM

Jul 2019
the story is pretty basic in this show but i think what makes it is everything around the story (even though even some of that isn't that good) idk over all i think its a good show but its definitely overhyped and overrated.
Oct 1, 2022 5:39 PM
Dec 2017
This has to be one of the stupidest posts I've read in my entire life. That's like saying Walter White from Braking Bad should have never gotten involved with dugs or killed anyone, because it's illegal and bad. People have to act dumb to get attention these days. Replace fiction from reality which not a hard concept
Oct 1, 2022 6:47 PM
Sep 2018
>All i wanna ask is "don't you think it was all pointless"

It was, thats the whole point of the story.
Oct 1, 2022 8:44 PM

Jan 2014
This is a bit meta, but being familiar with most of Trigger's work I couldn't help but fall into the mindset of the protagonist. The basic plot structure in Trigger Studio anime are always the same. The main character IS always special. They ARE "built different". Throughout my entire watching of Edgerunners I was begrudgingly waiting for the moment where David surpasses the limits of his powers and morbs everyone, but I was pleasantly surprised to actually see his actions have consequence. I thought it was refreshing to see Trigger Studio subvert their own formula.
Signature is too edgy for me.
Oct 1, 2022 8:45 PM

Jan 2018
You must be a big fan of Requiem of a dream
Oct 1, 2022 9:00 PM

Jan 2014
One more thing. Have you never heard of a tragedy? "Protagonist ultimately falls due to a combination of circumstance and character flaw" is like the most basic interpretation of a Greek tragedy. You can prefer stories where the protagonist overcomes their flaws, but you know your entire critique of Edgerunners is that it's a tragedy?
Signature is too edgy for me.
Oct 2, 2022 12:56 PM

Aug 2021
I do like Cyberpunk Edgerunners a lot, but I agree that David made a lot of stupid and wrong choices. But they look stupid in our eyes, but maybe not for him. Okay, he is a fictional person, but still, choices you make are based on what you have been through, what you have seen, your memories etc. Choices you made are based on the reality you live in, and everyone has their own reality.

To say if he really make good or bad choices, we need to stand in his shoes. The hatred and problems he had, made him the person he is. In his eyes, those choices where right. We look things from a other perspective, because we have a other reality.

And sometimes choices are made for you. For example out of emotions or instinct. And even though David was a bit childish at times, he was full of hate and I think that hate and his emotions made a lot of choices for him, whether he wanted or not.
Toonen1988Oct 2, 2022 1:04 PM
"Most people talk about killing time while time is killing them. You can outrun everything but you'll never outrun the hands of time. Use it wisely before you expire". - Toonen1988

"Cyberpunk show us the dark side, reveiling the dangerous side effects of the drug of futurism." - Indigo Gaming
Oct 2, 2022 11:12 PM

May 2015
Bro this ain't fucking Fairy Tail
You watched how fucked up was the setting in episode 1 and decided to continue. Now don't bitch about it.
What else did you expect? David and Lucy in a wedding for the final episode 😂 this ain't My Dress up Darling
anikevinOct 2, 2022 11:15 PM
Oct 3, 2022 2:50 AM

Apr 2012
samthestan said:
Hard disagree! This is "the struggles of being poor" the anime. Scrapping by for money, oppressed by a shitty capitalist system, vices surrounding young impressionable people, it's a recipe for failure. That's what our main characters are, failures. As corny as it sounds, the main characters were failed by a corrupt society that gave them no legs to stand on. This is a problem that we're facing today. Mega corporations getting away with shady shit on the daily, getting paid scraps so we can get by, never being able to retire! Just replace cyberware with drugs and it's basically society in 2077. This anime is a grim hyperbolized view of our future society. Is it fon a be that frame for frame? probably not but the signs are certainly pointing towards it.

Perfect explanation. It seems like this show has brought a ton of new people into the genre. Cyberpunk isn't a style, it's a genre defined by its themes.
Oct 3, 2022 3:12 AM

Feb 2019
Mathi786 said:
Either you're not hearing me or haven't seen the show,

Oh I'm hearing you alright. The problem here is that, as I pointed out before, you're utterly lost when it comes to thinking about what you're saying. I'm pointing out how this is the case, how what you think characters should actually be doing ignores the actual ideas behind the show, and you're attempting to respond to this by simply repeating your errors over and over.

I m not talking about omniscience or whatever fancy word you're using to sound smart,

Tell me what you think omniscience means, without looking it up, and why that isn't what you're actually speaking about. Prove to me I'm "using it to sound smart," and not just outright correct.

I m simply talking about a better choice, David literally had no stakes in the story and he did everything on the rule of "this might happen as well",

And now you're plain making shit up. David's sanity, life, reputation and bonds were all at stake, and there was never any such "rule" guiding his actions.

To ask me if I had watched the show, and then to claim this, comical, truly comical.

its as simple as taking poison on regular basis,.if you do that you can't blame the city or circumstances, it just you own fault,

Really? Why can you not blame circumstances? You should by now know that that's entirely the point of the show and the Cyberpunk genre as a whole, so do elaborate on how you just "can't."

Look I think m not getting to you but I want to you to imagine yourself or people around you as david and think what would a sane simple person who doesn't want to die would do if you still think what David is ok than so be it

Now this is rather funny, because in your attempt to try and explain your point you've exposed precisely what's wrong with it. You are imagining yourself as David, you see that he doesn't do what you would, therefore you think he's dumb and the show is awful. But you aren't David. This isn't some half-arsed Isekai ooh-look-the-main-character-is-a-gamer-with-no-friends-he's-totally-you. He found something that, in his eyes, was worth more than his own life, and so didn't mind dying. You, sat at home, just cannot fathom that, and so you fail to understand the show.

Actually, that bears repeating. You are saying the show is bad because the protagonist isn't you. Think about that for a moment.
Oct 3, 2022 4:09 AM
Feb 2020
. Now this is rather funny, because in your attempt to try and explain your point you've exposed precisely what's wrong with it. You are imagining yourself as David, you see that he doesn't do what you would, therefore you think he's dumb and the show is awful. But you aren't David. This isn't some half-arsed Isekai ooh-look-the-main-character-is-a-gamer-with-no-friends-he's-totally-you. He found something that, in his eyes, was worth more than his own life, and so didn't mind dying. You, sat at home, just cannot fathom that, and so you fail to understand the show.

I m gonna Ignore all the other bullshit you said, trying to sound sarcastic or whatever and focus on what you said in the paragraph, I hope you would do the same so we could bring this thing to a conclusion,

Ok so here you said this is the core mistake m making right, m trying to imagine myself as the protagonist but you see m not trying to imagine myself as protagonist m trying to imagine any sane person, any good hearted or at least logical person as a protagonist, and any sane person wouldn't make the choices that David made, period,

Now if you say David isn't a sane person or this is a story of a dumb character than get the fuck out of here, you don't understand fundamentals of storytelling

I mean you and a lot of others keep saying that its circumstances that made him do bad things and I keep saying the same thing over and over

"Circumstances are not an excuse to do bad things," cz if it is than every fucking crime in this whole goddamn world is justifiable, so I don't see my error here ,

Now if you want to reply in you overly sarcastic tone plz do it to make my point wrong otherwise don't bother replying I can't bear to watch you say the same stuff over and over again
Mathi786Oct 3, 2022 4:13 AM
Oct 4, 2022 12:42 AM

Apr 2012
Mathi786 said:

Now if you say David isn't a sane person or this is a story of a dumb character than get the fuck out of here, you don't understand fundamentals of storytelling

No, it would seem it's you that very, very clearly doesn't. As more than one person in this thread has pointed out, bad decisions made based on character flaws are the foundation of a tragedy.

O_T_T had you pinned from the start. You keep suggesting over and over again that, essentially, "if every character (David) is not a paragon of morality and logic then that is bad writing." So what if circumstances aren't an excuse to do bad things? We're not watching the story of a hero. So what if he and others make imperfect decisions? We're not watching the story of perfect people. Your criticism of this show is based on the most mundane misunderstanding of the genres of cyberpunk and tragedy. You are free to dislike it, that's valid. Personally, I thought the biggest flaw of the show was the pacing. However, I would advise against pretending to know the "fundamentals of storytelling" any further.
Oct 4, 2022 9:34 AM
Jan 2022
Mathi786 said:
BlueSpirit9319 said:
[I am concluding now. Last thing i want to say is don't dare talk shits about Lucy or I will Kill you 🔫. And yes I am a simp proudly

You're doing that bcz of all those naked scenes right? It's opposite for me, I would've liked her very much if she was just teasing her hotness, but nope she was naked almost the whole show and that was a real turn offl

I just wrote whole fucking book and u just have to quote that part dawg 💀

Oct 4, 2022 9:41 AM
Feb 2020
BlueSpirit9319 said:
Mathi786 said:

I just wrote whole fucking book and u just have to quote that part dawg 💀

That's the only thing that clicked to me😇😇😇😇😇
What can I do about it?😅😅😅😅
Oct 4, 2022 9:53 AM
Feb 2020
Lunamrath said:
Mathi786 said:

No, it would seem it's you that very, very clearly doesn't. As more than one person in this thread has pointed out, bad decisions made based on character flaws are the foundation of a tragedy.

O_T_T had you pinned from the start. You keep suggesting over and over again that, essentially, "if every character (David) is not a paragon of morality and logic then that is bad writing." So what if circumstances aren't an excuse to do bad things? We're not watching the story of a hero. So what if he and others make imperfect decisions? We're not watching the story of perfect people. Your criticism of this show is based on the most mundane misunderstanding of the genres of cyberpunk and tragedy. You are free to dislike it, that's valid. Personally, I thought the biggest flaw of the show was the pacing. However, I would advise against pretending to know the "fundamentals of storytelling" any further.

ok so If I understand correctly, you stated we're not watching a story of a hero, if you say than I have no other complain,
If its a story of a douchebag idiotic guy, who's more of a villain side, if it's not someone we're supposed to root of or feel sympathy for than I m ok with it, it's a story of an idiotic guy who got killed right,

If this is your point I completely agree with you and I have nothing else to argue about,

However

If its not than🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
I also hope ott also agree with you btw which highly unlikely tho

And you mentioned I don't understand the fundamentals of storytelling, well you're wrong there even tho I can't prove it to you or to myself but let me give you example,

A better tragedy is where rather than doing what circumstances demand a Character does what his conscience tells him to do and he keeps giving more than he could but after everything he does after trying to do one thing for his whole life,that one thing could be anything, mostly it could be staying alive, so after just trying to simply do something as basic as living, he can't manage that, even after making all the right decisions if a character still looses everything than that's a much better tragedy than the fuckever cyberpunk is,

Hopefully we don't have to argue again
Oct 4, 2022 3:56 PM

Apr 2012
Mathi786 said:

you stated we're not watching a story of a hero, if you say than I have no other complain,

Then we've come to an understanding, as long as you're able to recognize that just because you can't sympathize with the character doesn't mean others can't. You're under no obligation to like the characters of Edgerunners, I just feel as though there's no point in a moral grandstand claiming that it's bad writing because the characters are not good or wise people and you couldn't connect to them.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Cyberpunk: Edgerunners Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MegamiRem - Sep 13, 2022

1007 by EmptyVoidZ »»
Yesterday, 3:55 PM

Poll: » Cyberpunk: Edgerunners Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Pre_Yum - Sep 13, 2022

97 by Wiziliz »»
Apr 25, 6:12 AM

Poll: » Cyberpunk: Edgerunners Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Fishb0i - Sep 13, 2022

168 by JVskunkape »»
Apr 24, 4:34 AM

Poll: » Cyberpunk: Edgerunners Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Pre_Yum - Sep 13, 2022

200 by Wiziliz »»
Apr 20, 1:20 AM

Poll: » Cyberpunk: Edgerunners Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Pre_Yum - Sep 13, 2022

93 by kixann »»
Apr 19, 3:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.