Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 17, 2022 5:28 AM

Jul 2017
Hoo boy, I hope that Kuroda is OK, given that severe injury to his forehead. But the truth is that with a man down, the Esperion B team is at its most peril against Musashino.

Both Takeshima and Togashi are the defender MVPs in this most important match, but despite his injury, Kuroda still wants in to finish what he started, looking ahead and never looking back. Right now, they desperately need to regroup, and this match hinges on the 3 of them to make things work, even if Togashi doesn't comply to the order that's Coach Nozomi's rally with Fukuda's tips of teaching and coaching, and being imperfect to speak up his mind. Most especially with Aoi, Fukuda wants him to stop making scoring his ultimate objective, for when he does then he will grow and challenge the team to improve further, which is in stagnation mode right now, starting with the 3 defenders.

If you want to play on the world stage, exceed their wildest imaginations. And Hana's words certainly reignited Aoi's fighting spirits towards the 2nd half (as per the episode's title): "Do Your Best. Don't Lose. Fight to Your Limits."

For Togashi, wanting to talk to Fukuda through Esperion is definitely like a dog following orders, but that's exactly how he anchors Togashi down through Coach Nozomi and get him to work together like a well-oiled machine against Kaneda. Togashi's the only one they can count on stopping the rebel, and they trust him well enough to do the job. And that's where Kaneda gets all desperate for the ball possession to score, and they finally found his breaking point to go all-in for the attack.

The nut in the crack has been formed, and all Esperion needs is a goal to tie and get the team moving. This is their time to strike: Aoi's the critical link to forge everyone together, and earn their equalizer they did.

Great work, now to see the finale!
Sep 17, 2022 5:38 AM

May 2020
Look how the mighty have fallen, the undisputed Kaneda-sama doing nothing but making pikachu faces for the entirety of the episode, moreover even got a yellow card lol.

Loved the thrill in the final minute, with Ootomo scoring that equaliser. Though too bad it's just one more episode after this.
Sep 17, 2022 5:48 AM
May 2021
THIS TEAM WORKING AS A WHOLE UNIT IS MAD HYPE 🔥🔥

The defensive line is now rock solid and looks like Fukuda’s words really encouraged Ashito to instinctively use his Eagle Eye talent. God I love this anime.

Hope Hana has a moment with Ashito for the season finale. And pray they have some S2 news sooner or later.
Sep 17, 2022 5:59 AM

Oct 2017
Finally the defenders are working together and that was a good goal.
Sep 17, 2022 6:05 AM

Mar 2021
Great episode the team are now fighting back together and i loved how Aoi was motivated by Hana's words
Sep 17, 2022 7:03 AM
Jul 2016
soo good broow dfsdfsd
Sep 17, 2022 7:11 AM
May 2018
Nice discussion between Fukuda and Nozomi, at least we now know why Nozomi likes giving players riddles to solve so much.
Sep 17, 2022 7:25 AM
Jul 2021
I get so damn hyped whenever Ashito uses the eagle eye. Absolutely love those moments! 😎
Sep 17, 2022 7:36 AM
Oct 2021
I really loved the ending
Sep 17, 2022 7:54 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Such a smooth counter goal, love the interaction between the new unit of defender, and Aoi also one step to more understanding his wide vision to lead the team to the victory. Hina little screen time also lovely, she sure have an impact there. Now I just want to see Ig and the production committee to still consider continue this anime project as long as possible.

One more to go, and welcome to fall!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Sep 17, 2022 8:45 AM
Sep 2015
This episode is so intense that there's no ED song. You know things are really getting serious when character that usually doesn't open their eyes like Kuroda finally open their eyes.

Talking about Togashi. What I love most about yankees is that since the society don't trust them, they'll give it them all to a person who put a trust in them, oh I'd like to have a yankee boyfriend!

Aoi blended nicely to this episode, he doesn't lead, but he doesn't fall back into a background character either. Right now he's very good at being a supporting character. It's actually Tachibana that fall back into a background character, after being an MVP in previous episode.

This is the first time in anime, no, it's actually the first time I know about this tradition, about when some players get injured, if other team kick off their ball to the outside of the field, then when the game resume it's polite to return the ball to the other team. This is such a nice tradition, it's not in the rule, but that's make it even better to show sportsmanship, yeah this is the right word, sportsmanship. And since Kaneda doesn't show sportsmanship then his quality as a player is in question...

A multi-episode match is a heaven for me because it'll be focus on the interaction between (male on male) team members only and less noise, by less noise I mean less appearance of romantic potential characters like Hana and Anri, they almost get no role while the match is playing and I'm very satisfied.

Next episode is the final of the season, and it might be the final for Ao Ashi as it's unlikely to have season 2. And I'm sad because I can't see my favorite boy Nagisa Akutsu for one more time. I feel like he's even more yankee than Togashi.
Sep 17, 2022 9:01 AM
Feb 2021
ashito is back lets fking go
Sep 17, 2022 9:26 AM
Feb 2022
Bruh! the episode was lit especially the last 5 min of it had kept me in age of my seat. Finally he used his eagle eye and Fukuda's presence in the episode mad it even more better.
The bridge between Takeshima and Togashi finally lifted with involvement of Kuroda in their group. The defence unit is finally working together can't wait for the season finale...
MAN, I'm so hyped!
Sep 17, 2022 9:44 AM
Jan 2021
Such a fantastic episode! From start to finish.

After next episode I am reading the manga for sure
Sep 17, 2022 10:27 AM

Mar 2013
phantomfandom said:

Next episode is the final of the season, and it might be the final for Ao Ashi as it's unlikely to have season 2. And I'm sad because I can't see my favorite boy Nagisa Akutsu for one more time. I feel like he's even more yankee than Togashi.

Manga sales more than tripled since the anime started (from 4.5mi to 15mi [Wikipedia]). It's also trendy in Japan, the manga won the Shogakukan Manga Award and "is currently the Most-Watched Anime from the Summer Season in Japan" [News sites]. There is also enough material for at least 40 episodes (we're finishing chapter 110ish and there are about 300ish chapters written) [Forums]. Finally, IG has a good record of releasing multiple-season anime.

If anything, season 2 sounds highly likely.
Sep 17, 2022 10:28 AM

Sep 2020
HOLY! What a thrilling episode to watch, especially after the second half. The way Fukuda lit a flame in Aoi and seeing him return to the match was like he had this new level of self-assurance. It was honestly so entertaining to watch them play the second half like they are now, with Takeshima, Togashi, and Asari goofing around but in a good way and trying to understand each other just like Aoi said. Who would have thought that the mighty Kaneda would be scared of Togashi, the locker room talk really did change him. The play at the end was masterful, with Ashito using his ability to lead the team to a goal. Felt kinda sad after finishing the episode since there is only one remaining, let's just hope that it ends well.
Sep 17, 2022 10:39 AM
Sep 2020
Finally 2 goals.This might turn interesting defenders are in a good form especially togashi and the last goal they killed it seriously
Sep 17, 2022 11:11 AM
Jul 2018
Togashi finally realizes he has a place to belong, Takeshima managed to solidify their teamwork by openly communicating, and Kuroda shows some guts for one more time. The defense now is stronger than ever! I love when climactic moments come with character development!

Aoi showcases his playmaker and support skills again and this time with Fukuda watching. Goat Ootomo scores a goal as expected, given that his positioning, adaptability, and keen eye are usually on point. However, the most amazing part is seeing Kaneda losing his composure and self-destructing :)

Great episode!!!
Sep 17, 2022 11:22 AM

Apr 2014
Togashi making Kaneda his lapdog was amazing to see. Can't stand that guy haha and seeing Aoi using all his learned skills in the final play was incredible. Really enjoyed this anime so far and hopefully the final episode will just be as good and of course, I hope we'll get a S2
Sep 17, 2022 11:38 AM
Nov 2020
The fact that Ashito's developing his field of vision is amazing, the coordination of the players and their style is satisfying, yet it get's you on the edge of your chair.
Loved it
Sep 17, 2022 11:39 AM
Oct 2016
Were all tied up! Otomo sending the ball back where it belongs evening the score between Esperion and Musashino. The first half was pretty rough for Esperion being down a goal and having all the momentum on Musashino side. Kaneda looked like a monster in the first half completely impossible to contain. Now we have a much better defensive plan between Togashi and Takeshima. Togashi is to be the Kaneda stopper since he can match strength for strength, while Takeshima goes up and covers anyone else and Togashi will assist. Its working wonders now since Kaneda is totally flustered and can't get himself together like before. Musashino has stalled out and is at the mercy of Esperion. Aoi seeing the whole field with his unique vision, finally unlocking those eyes he can use. Heeding the words that Fukuda said during halftime Aoi not setting himself up for the goal but letting Asari and Otomo get the glory of tying the game. Some excellent teamwork!
Sep 17, 2022 11:44 AM
Mar 2021
amazing episode, evolution of ashito is good
Sep 17, 2022 12:07 PM

Oct 2009
"ding-dong ditch you"
Is Togashi×Takeshima a hateship in full sail yet??? :D

On another note- I know it's meant to be their "zone" aura or some such, but geez, why's it such a weirdly unfortunate design that it looks like they're just steaming sweat-stench? ^^"
Sep 17, 2022 12:23 PM

Jul 2012
what a great episode!!!

but i have a question, why hana seems so down? just cause ashito didnt care that she would make meal plans for kuribayashi? she was expecting him to get jealous or something? ashito had so much stuff going on into his head that feeling something for a girl seems just out of place for him right now

i love hana but on the last episodes the interactions between anri and ashito were great, welp we are off to the finale, what a great season this have been, gets me pumped up for the world cup!

i'm hoping for more seasons, this just became my favorite soccer anime, i mean, maybe together with giant killing, but much more emotional
"I feel alive cause I'm a loser today and so I'll be tomorrow
I feel insane but that's my nature and I'll never change for your better
Behind the veil there is a lunatic with his out of tune emotions
Madness saved me from all of your average lies - average lies"
Sep 17, 2022 1:12 PM
Jun 2021
Man, this is crazy... the anime makes me want to see more and more of the story, Aoi and the others' progress.

I hope we can see a second, third season animated and the production gains more investment and time to deliver something very very good.

Sep 17, 2022 2:19 PM
Jun 2019
was awesome, love what they are doing with the anime.
Sep 17, 2022 2:37 PM
Jul 2015
Oboy!
I’m just getting a mega hype from this episode.

Players coming together and finally being one enhancement. It’s really cool to see that. A little more stand picture, so next episode going to bee fluent 🤩 - also enjoy all “wise words” and coaching, it’s enjoyable as a athlete my self I do know the feeling of the words. . . 11/10 🤌
Sep 17, 2022 2:50 PM

Nov 2013
Aoi's vision becomes more clearer than before is caused by the experiences he got over many games. This accumulated experiences and thinking during the match will result to a more instinctual moves and more ideas to break down opponents defense.
“You should enjoy the little detours to the fullest. Because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want.”
Sep 17, 2022 3:39 PM

Jan 2020
Another great episode. Too bad it’s the penultimate one of the season.
Sep 17, 2022 3:41 PM

Jan 2020
phantomfandom said:
This episode is so intense that there's no ED song. You know things are really getting serious when character that usually doesn't open their eyes like Kuroda finally open their eyes.

Talking about Togashi. What I love most about yankees is that since the society don't trust them, they'll give it them all to a person who put a trust in them, oh I'd like to have a yankee boyfriend!

Aoi blended nicely to this episode, he doesn't lead, but he doesn't fall back into a background character either. Right now he's very good at being a supporting character. It's actually Tachibana that fall back into a background character, after being an MVP in previous episode.

This is the first time in anime, no, it's actually the first time I know about this tradition, about when some players get injured, if other team kick off their ball to the outside of the field, then when the game resume it's polite to return the ball to the other team. This is such a nice tradition, it's not in the rule, but that's make it even better to show sportsmanship, yeah this is the right word, sportsmanship. And since Kaneda doesn't show sportsmanship then his quality as a player is in question...

A multi-episode match is a heaven for me because it'll be focus on the interaction between (male on male) team members only and less noise, by less noise I mean less appearance of romantic potential characters like Hana and Anri, they almost get no role while the match is playing and I'm very satisfied.

Nah, I think this will likely get a S2. It’s been great and has improved manga sales.
Sep 17, 2022 4:04 PM

Apr 2018
Holy shit, that was made hype. Love the team work.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Sep 17, 2022 5:04 PM
Aug 2022
good episode, but had a lot of filler of flashbacks during halftime and the game for me. probably wanted to stall for the final episode but still.
Sep 17, 2022 5:07 PM
Jul 2019
Again, we are in a solid section. As the defense line settled, ashito and asari went on the attack together and the result is obvious. I think I will continue with the manga after the anime is over. One of the strongest sports anime of recent years.
Sep 17, 2022 6:40 PM

Oct 2008
omg! i was shouting because of the awesome excitement the last 30 seconds of this ep! truly impressive!
5/5.

Sep 17, 2022 6:53 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
I have a feeling this is part one of the finale as we didn't see the credits in this episode. It seems Togashi and Takeshima have finally got their act together and started to become a cohesive defensive unit. More importantly Togashi is now guarding Kaneda and he's scared out of his mind by making simple mistakes causing him to get a yellow card. Now the score is tied up 2-2 and I can't wait to see how this match ends.
Sep 17, 2022 6:53 PM
Jul 2021
Great episode to bring Esperion back into the game! Can't wait for the season finale and ending to the match between Esperion and Musashino!
Sep 17, 2022 7:46 PM

Feb 2019
it didn't start feeling like things are falling into place until the last few minutes, and of course that's when it leaves us hanging & waiting for next week's episode. we need longer episodes, man!
Sep 17, 2022 10:01 PM
Feb 2022
The more I watched this, the more realistic it felt like soccer/football in real life.
Sep 18, 2022 2:14 AM
Jun 2022
are there any manga readers that found this episode underwhelming? No hate this might have been 5stars for anime only but as a manga reader I found many imp conversations left out, that's why I didn't like this ep as all the other ep.
Sep 18, 2022 7:30 AM
Sep 2021
This is like champion leagues
Sep 18, 2022 7:39 AM

Dec 2019
The last like 30 secs were cool rest was really boring :/
Sep 18, 2022 9:59 AM

May 2021
Just nothing like talking your issues through. It's also great that Fukuda gave some very clear instructions to Aoi, I mean, that's a start, right? Hana might be going insane though.

Sep 18, 2022 4:21 PM
Jun 2022
less action but what an ending to the episode
Sep 18, 2022 9:48 PM
Mar 2021
fuck bitch salve mano predella
Sep 19, 2022 3:31 AM
May 2018
Truck_kun0804 said:
are there any manga readers that found this episode underwhelming? No hate this might have been 5stars for anime only but as a manga reader I found many imp conversations left out, that's why I didn't like this ep as all the other ep.

if you expect every line from the manga to be adapted, you're gonna be disappointed. For animation too, the motion isn't going to be as dynamic as your imagination except it's an over the top production.

I'm just hoping we get a sequel, because for me the truly peak parts of the manga (which got it the >8.5 rating) are what comes after this season. Need anime only's to experience them.
Sep 19, 2022 5:01 AM
Jan 2021
Man they gotta announce the second season soon
Sep 19, 2022 5:12 AM
Jun 2022
em_doubleyou said:
Truck_kun0804 said:

if you expect every line from the manga to be adapted, you're gonna be disappointed. For animation too, the motion isn't going to be as dynamic as your imagination except it's an over the top production.

I'm just hoping we get a sequel, because for me the truly peak parts of the manga (which got it the >8.5 rating) are what comes after this season. Need anime only's to experience them.

bro it's not every line they adapted 7 chapters, there were so many dialogues cut and the worst part is they rushed togashi's part, many panels and his tackle on another dude was completely skipped
manga made togashi badass anime potrayed him as funny ig, I cracked up everytime togashi suddenly got in frame but it was not the right call. All the previous episodes were perfectly adapted but this was the only episode where it was rushed and cut way too many parts for reference just re read 108,109
Sep 19, 2022 5:16 AM
Jun 2022
NIK_KEV said:

second season is gonna come 100% it's production ig we talking about and the manga is making big bucks with 15 million copies in circulation. last month it was consistently in top 10 manga sold in japan, what makes this a greater achievement is that there are no english translated manga only japanese. PS the story just explodes after this season sooo yeah it's gonna come
Sep 19, 2022 7:00 AM
Jan 2021
Truck_kun0804 said:
NIK_KEV said:

second season is gonna come 100% it's production ig we talking about and the manga is making big bucks with 15 million copies in circulation. last month it was consistently in top 10 manga sold in japan, what makes this a greater achievement is that there are no english translated manga only japanese. PS the story just explodes after this season sooo yeah it's gonna come

True, gonna hold off reading manga for now
Sep 19, 2022 8:38 AM
May 2022
Was a good episode with some nice moments
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ao Ashi Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jul 2, 2022

136 by Animeniac1 »»
Apr 25, 4:07 PM

» Second season announcement

Ale054 - Nov 7, 2022

12 by JVskunkape »»
Apr 24, 11:59 AM

» Will hana and ashito fall in love?

Weebhpk - Jun 25, 2022

16 by axou12 »»
Apr 22, 6:14 AM

Poll: » Ao Ashi Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KANLen09 - Sep 24, 2022

225 by Shantanubarman »»
Apr 17, 11:36 PM

Poll: » Ao Ashi Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - May 28, 2022

56 by 5hadow17 »»
Apr 1, 1:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.