Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (21) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Sep 17, 2022 8:32 PM
Jun 2016
Sigmar-Unberogen said:
As expected. Lots of deaths. Only 2 survivors. Sad but kind of expected Lucy would kill herself at the end. I mean, can you even call that "dream come true"?

Poor Rebecca. Was a nice character.

Kind of "meh..." conclusion.

I don't quite think it's implied she killed herself. I was worried the final scene meant the same thing, but actually now i think it was her just spreading her arms wide and looking up to the sun while feeling its heat, like she did with David in the BD.
Sep 17, 2022 8:59 PM

Feb 2017
Kanadanaka said:
Not gonna lie, I kinda disliked how it ended and i really feel like i'm the only one here, lol. Everything was way too fast, way too sudden. David dying was a given, but not like this. Same fore Rebecca. I get that if you live like a cyberpunk you'll die like a cyberpunk, its in the DNA of Pondsmith's universe but everything felt kinda rushed, unatural to me. Overall i felt the pacing was ruining the show and made it hard for me to like, understand and relate to most of the characters (still liked Lucy, who is the character that gets the most exposition and Rebecca, but like a funny mascot). Plus, edgerunner doesnt really elevate anything. The whole anime felt more like an incomplete sample of some cyberpunks f-up lives than a real story. Still the actions scene were top notch (except the car chase in the last ep), the cyberpunk2077 ost magnificent and character design great and really fitting (but all of that is basic Trigger shit, most based studio in the industry).

Right here with you - I loved everything until the last 2-3 eps where the pacing just went to shit and made it hard to feel the emotions they clearly wanted us to. Honestly there was so much potential with this cast of characters and world to expand on the story and flesh out their lives before eventually getting killed for an even better emotional payoff. But hey it was fun while it lasted I guess 🀷‍♀️
Sep 17, 2022 9:02 PM

Feb 2017
royalnobody said:
I felt like this anime went downhill after the time skip. Lucy got hung up over some shit I don't think she's ever really explained, and I still don't get why after watching his team leader die and kill his lover due to cyberpsychosis or whatever, David still thinks it's a good idea to get more of those implants. David then thinks he can go into an entire goddamn mech after already showing symptoms. Has he not seen what happens to those who go crazy? Has he not lost 3 friends due to it?

Not to mention, him getting hung up over killing a civilian, as if he has never killed anyone before. HE was a civilian who turned towards whatever ganglife had for him, how does he know he hasn't kill someone just like him. Or someone like her mother, who turned to illicit ways of making money. And yet NOW he starts thinking about that? He never really got past that ever, it sorta just isn't mentioned again after a while.

omg thank you for voicing exactly my concerns, i was getting so annoyed watching them make these dumbass decisions, so much wasted potential with david and lucy ;-; not mad david had to die, just the way the story was handled by the writers rip
Sep 18, 2022 12:05 AM
Mar 2018
seeing adam smasher being badass is pretty cool. never played cyberpunk but watching the anime really wants me to play the game. will def have to check it out after i get a new pc. rebecca got rekt so fast but im glad lucy and falco lived. was so scared this anime was gonna be a letdown since most trigger animes are kinda weak story-wise but always had great animation. finally glad to see a trigger anime that has decent story with all the animation perks. solid 8.5/10. hope to see a sequel of some sorts
HotPocketChrisSep 18, 2022 12:23 AM
Sep 18, 2022 12:16 AM
Jan 2012
rebirthx said:
Kanadanaka said:
Not gonna lie, I kinda disliked how it ended and i really feel like i'm the only one here, lol. Everything was way too fast, way too sudden. David dying was a given, but not like this. Same fore Rebecca. I get that if you live like a cyberpunk you'll die like a cyberpunk, its in the DNA of Pondsmith's universe but everything felt kinda rushed, unatural to me. Overall i felt the pacing was ruining the show and made it hard for me to like, understand and relate to most of the characters (still liked Lucy, who is the character that gets the most exposition and Rebecca, but like a funny mascot). Plus, edgerunner doesnt really elevate anything. The whole anime felt more like an incomplete sample of some cyberpunks f-up lives than a real story. Still the actions scene were top notch (except the car chase in the last ep), the cyberpunk2077 ost magnificent and character design great and really fitting (but all of that is basic Trigger shit, most based studio in the industry).

Right here with you - I loved everything until the last 2-3 eps where the pacing just went to shit and made it hard to feel the emotions they clearly wanted us to. Honestly there was so much potential with this cast of characters and world to expand on the story and flesh out their lives before eventually getting killed for an even better emotional payoff. But hey it was fun while it lasted I guess 🀷‍♀️

Nice to see people that feels the same way I do.
Sep 18, 2022 12:17 AM

Apr 2020
Pretty animation but I just don't care about this story or these characters.
Sep 18, 2022 1:10 AM

Sep 2018
Fast paced story with no let up at all, lots of gory action and cussing, but ultimately failed at getting me emotionally invested in this whole thing. This type of anime is a rarity in 2022, and I think the high score reflects that, an odd welcoming change from the usual seasonals, something rather fresh. Didn't live up the hype as usual, though decent it was. 7/10.
Sep 18, 2022 3:51 AM
Dec 2021
still u shud have better not kill him
Sep 18, 2022 3:52 AM
Sep 2022
nice masterpiece good finally better than the game
Sep 18, 2022 5:28 AM
Aug 2021
Its a really good series, you will love Lucy
Sep 18, 2022 5:37 AM
Aug 2022
probably the best anime this season in now need therapy
Sep 18, 2022 5:50 AM

Jan 2010
This would be a 10 for me, but I didn't really like the last episode with Adam Smasher. Everything felt kinda pointless and a bit rushed. The perfect ending would be David turning up the skeleton way up the wazoo and flying all the way to the moon with Lucy (he would die either way, but on his own terms). I'm glad they at least showed her reaching her dream at the end, that made the ending a lot less sucky.

I loved the show as a whole. Nice artwork, especially the colors, cool characters and lots of action. I wish they had 2 more episodes, for the standard 12, to expand on the side characters a bit. Ah well, at least we got some great scenes with the main couple. I don't understand why people say that Edgerunners doesn't have a story. It has a great story, just the ending feels kinda cheap.
(|__/) Never give up, aim for the top!
(='.'=) Top wo nerae!
o(")(") Anime music: http://myanimelist.net/blog.php?eid=777199
Sep 18, 2022 6:18 AM
Aug 2016
Kinda share the same opinion, it's great but the last few episodes felt kinda rushed, the anime lacks 1 or 2 episodes tbh.

8/10
Sep 18, 2022 6:35 AM
Aug 2020
How much crack do you have to be smoking to give this a 1 or 2 out of 10 lmai
Sep 18, 2022 6:47 AM

Nov 2007
I didn't expect this to have such an impact as I thought I was done with Cyberpunk 2077 but I'm contemplating on starting another playthrough now.

To me personally it feels like something clicked about the world that I just didnt see when I played the game itself back in 2020. It may be that I've just played it way to quickly or way to focused on progression and therefore missed some of the meaning that it tried to convey. Or maybe I was just tonedeaf I don't know. I was annoyed by Johnny and couldnt really relate with his worldview and goals. But after seeing Edgerunners I feel like I get it a little more. Night City the city of dreamers is just a grinder or a honeypot for people that want a better life and pretty much none of them will achieve it and the best thing to do is to truly burn it to the ground as it is rotten to the core. I've been radicalized hahahaha

I think I didn't get it because V has been extremely lucky on their way to the top. No problems with cyberpsychosis (I must've skipped some explanations in the game because it felt like a "new" thing but in Edgerunners which plays a bit before the game its already a thing and also how was cyberpsychosis never an issue to begin with?), a good ripperdoc and plenty opportunities to rise.
David had none of this and made the best with what he had at the expense of his health and mind. I wished for a much better ending for everybody and much more time with everybody. I'm truly exhausted and gutted and listening to "I Really Want To Stay At Your House" on repeat.

Rebecca was best girl till the end. Gonna enjoy murdering Smasher on my next playthrough a little more.

If I had to point my finger at something that bothered me it's that the trope of couples no being able to clearly communicate their needs and struggles to one another is the downfall of the story. Lucy saw the file and knew that Arasaka will find out eventually and that David would become the target. Just explaining this to him and stoping him from chroming up so hard would've gone a long way. They... should have just left night city...

9/10

edit: not sure if this is allowed but this fanart is REALLLLY hitting me in the guts...
https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/101262370 (make sure to click show all for the second picture Q.Q)
ArkanietSep 18, 2022 6:50 AM
Sep 18, 2022 7:11 AM

Jan 2010
The way I see it, Lucy was a bit too naive. She wanted to protect David and take on Arasaka in a way that wouldn't involve him in any way. But they should have ran when they had the chance, yeah. So should Kiwi, but she didn't listen to her own advice that you can't trust anyone in the city.
(|__/) Never give up, aim for the top!
(='.'=) Top wo nerae!
o(")(") Anime music: http://myanimelist.net/blog.php?eid=777199
Sep 18, 2022 7:50 AM
Oct 2021
MegamiRem said:
Well after the death flag they set at the end of episode 4 and how things went since then this outcome was obvious but I'm salty af that David died. I really hoped to see David and Lucy together at the end.

You are right, but on the other hand I believe that this was a deliberate action done by the makers of the Cyberpunk game. They definitely killed off David so that the players feel the feeling you do and play the game. Sort of like a call to action.
Sep 18, 2022 9:45 AM
Sep 2022
WWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
Sep 18, 2022 9:50 AM

Jun 2022
I know I've already written and review and posted on this same discussion board how I didn't really like the show, but I've gone back and re-watched the final episode a couple times, and while I can't say I enjoy Cyberpunk: Edgerunners, I will say that I respect it a lot more. It has a lot of important themes and messages for our world that are worth hearing.

I did get a little teary eyed the first time I saw the ending, but I was full on sobbing yesterday when I finished it, even the dumb song from the video game now hits me in the feels.
Sep 18, 2022 10:28 AM
Aug 2019
words can't ddescribe the feeling that you have at the last 5 min of the episode. it's just... amazing
Sep 18, 2022 11:28 AM
Sep 2022
Wow, a trigger joint with a different ending than usual. Absolutely loved the show and the conclusion!
Sep 18, 2022 11:28 AM
Nov 2021
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Sep 18, 2022 12:05 PM
Nov 2021
perfect, now just cry
Sep 18, 2022 2:28 PM
Sep 2022
Never had an anime get me so emotional. That is all I'm gonna say.
Sep 18, 2022 3:12 PM

Apr 2011
Ardains said:
Not going to lie I went in with the mentality that it was going to be ass. Hoo boy was I wrong. I guess even netflix can do an amazing job once in a blue moon.

FYI Netflix didn't make this anime, Trigger did.
Sep 18, 2022 3:22 PM
Mar 2021
Such a sad ending :((((
Sep 18, 2022 4:32 PM
Sep 2022
Quase chorei! O.O
Sep 18, 2022 4:50 PM
Nov 2018
What an end. The show doesn't start so well but ends like a rollercoaster. Think I'll have some more quibbles as I think about it more but emotionally this fit. So much of it was just expressed so effectively.
Sep 18, 2022 4:59 PM
Oct 2016
What was that? I guess for that kind of show tragic ending is a given and i accept that, but what i'm supposed to feel? I don't even know those characters - i wasn't even given a chance to know them, this whole show felt very superficial and rushed, it stayed the same till the end. Edgerunners could be so much more if it was given at least a couple more episodes.
LegionOneSep 21, 2022 3:01 PM
Sep 18, 2022 5:23 PM
Oct 2019
The anime started off a little too fast but the journey and the conclusion is so bitter sweet, definatly something we come to expect from Night City.
Sep 18, 2022 5:28 PM
Oct 2021
this broke me holy shit
Sep 18, 2022 5:31 PM
Jan 2019
If you love trigger and this is for you
Sep 18, 2022 6:01 PM
Dec 2018
Me gustó pero no me parece como para que tenga un puntaje tan alto en MAL.
Sep 18, 2022 6:15 PM

Sep 2020
im not even in it for the waifus anymore, this show was absolutely fucking insane
Sep 18, 2022 6:52 PM

Apr 2016
I don't get how this show is getting high praise.

Rebecca & the others shouldn't even died, David is one of the worse MC when it comes to decision making (Started in Episode 6).

What a downhill it started really good; became dogshit in the end. Geez this really reminds me of Akame ga Kill.
Why do we have to live in such a cruel world?

Sep 18, 2022 7:36 PM
Jun 2021
fucking amazing, Triggers best project by far.
Sep 18, 2022 8:13 PM
Dec 2016
I finished watching this yesterday evening at around 10PM, it's not 6AM and I didn't sleep very well, so I want to say thank you to both studios who worked on the project.
Sep 18, 2022 9:22 PM
Nirai Kanai

Dec 2012
Thoroughly enjoyed the show. As a fan of the game, there were many aspects (phone calls for example) that just hit the right cords. I will say that I didn't feel much from David's death. Not sure why, just felt rushed. Either way, enjoyed the experience. I still play CP77 hours after completing the main story. Now I can finish some of the side missions and see if I pick up anything that might be tied in with the anime.

The World Suffused with Sound.
Sep 18, 2022 9:59 PM
Nov 2020
GakutoDeathGlare said:
Fast paced story with no let up at all, lots of gory action and cussing, but ultimately failed at getting me emotionally invested in this whole thing. This type of anime is a rarity in 2022, and I think the high score reflects that, an odd welcoming change from the usual seasonals, something rather fresh. Didn't live up the hype as usual, though decent it was. 7/10.

Kinda sums it up honestly.
Sep 18, 2022 10:25 PM
Apr 2022
In short: Prepare to Cry Edition
Sep 18, 2022 10:50 PM
May 2019
that hit...really hard
Sep 18, 2022 11:22 PM
Sep 2022
made me fcking cry
Sep 18, 2022 11:54 PM

Jun 2012
NOT REBECCA. Oh my next playthrough is gonna be personal.
Sep 19, 2022 1:46 AM

Jul 2020
Fuzzybaconator said:
How much crack do you have to be smoking to give this a 1 or 2 out of 10 lmai

It's not that hard. People's opinions differ, and here's mine:I don't like if a series kills of most of the main cast, here only Lucy was alive at the end. You couldn't even get attached to those characters, their death becoming kinda meaningless. My next big problem was the hole character of David, even though he knows what happens when you add parts to your body, he did it anyway. The whole story for me was a forced drama. 1/10.
Sep 19, 2022 2:01 AM

Apr 2020
This was really good and I didn't like the game that much.
I find it funny that in the sub David has the same VA has Judai from GX.
8/10
Go watch Gintama boyo/grill
My discord server for gaming and anime/manga: https://discord.com/invite/4mqXfNEJ9A
Sep 19, 2022 2:42 AM
Jan 2021
this was so close to being a modern day masterpiece
Sep 19, 2022 3:12 AM
Sep 2022
I made an account for this
Sep 19, 2022 3:40 AM

Jan 2017
I am really salty that they killed Rebecca.....
Sep 19, 2022 3:46 AM
Sep 2022
Totally Suitable for cyberpunk
Pages (21) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Cyberpunk: Edgerunners Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Pre_Yum - Sep 13, 2022

97 by Wiziliz »»
Yesterday, 6:12 AM

Poll: » Cyberpunk: Edgerunners Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Fishb0i - Sep 13, 2022

168 by JVskunkape »»
Apr 24, 4:34 AM

Poll: » Cyberpunk: Edgerunners Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Pre_Yum - Sep 13, 2022

200 by Wiziliz »»
Apr 20, 1:20 AM

Poll: » Cyberpunk: Edgerunners Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Pre_Yum - Sep 13, 2022

93 by kixann »»
Apr 19, 3:53 PM

Poll: » Cyberpunk: Edgerunners Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Pre_Yum - Sep 13, 2022

86 by Wiziliz »»
Apr 18, 7:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.