Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Sep 8, 2022 12:41 PM

Jul 2015
CickNipolla said:
Piromysl said:

Do you even read stuff you write before posting it?

lil bro got lost in his own conversation lol

Ok, you are whiffing and seemingly can't take an L.
Dismissed. Bye.

Sep 8, 2022 12:46 PM
Jul 2018
CickNipolla said:
On MAL especially, I have noticed Hunter x Hunter has an abnormally large fanbase of younger audiences (16 and under). Which isnt too surprising since shonen is more younger audience based but still. Why do so many kids prefer hxh? Naruto and MHA the only other shonen I can think of where the show has such a large younger audience

You do know the meaning of the word "shonen" right?
Sep 8, 2022 1:05 PM
Jul 2018
CickNipolla said:
Alverdeo said:

You do know the meaning of the word "shonen" right?

you do know that the word shonen does not mean only kids can watch it right?? aot is shonen, mostly adult audience. death note shonen, mostly young adult audience. hxh is different in that its one of the few shoinen who has majority kid fans

How is it one of the few? Naruto, MHA, One Piece, Demon Slayer, Dragon Ball, Jujutsu, Black Clover, Dr Stone, etc. are also mostly liked by kids, teenagers and manchildren.
Sep 8, 2022 1:06 PM

May 2020
Alverdeo said:
CickNipolla said:

you do know that the word shonen does not mean only kids can watch it right?? aot is shonen, mostly adult audience. death note shonen, mostly young adult audience. hxh is different in that its one of the few shoinen who has majority kid fans

How is it one of the few? Naruto, MHA, One Piece, Demon Slayer, Dragon Ball, etc. are mostly liked by kids, teenagers and manchildren.

lol what? dragon ball, naruto, and demon slayer are watched by damn near every demographic of people
Sep 8, 2022 1:11 PM
Jul 2018
CickNipolla said:
Alverdeo said:

How is it one of the few? Naruto, MHA, One Piece, Demon Slayer, Dragon Ball, etc. are mostly liked by kids, teenagers and manchildren.

lol what? dragon ball, naruto, and demon slayer are watched by damn near every demographic of people

Hey, I know what you are doing with this post, so stop acting dumb. I know hxh fanboys think it's a masterpiece full of mature themes or whatever and you are making fun of them but most of those shonen are even worse. Hell AoT, Fate and Code Geass fans are way more obnoxious when it comes to how "mature and deep" their dumb shows are.
Sep 8, 2022 1:14 PM

May 2020
Alverdeo said:
CickNipolla said:

Hey, I know what you are doing with this post, so stop acting dumb. I know hxh fanboys think it's a masterpiece full of mature themes or whatever and you are making fun of them but most of those shonen are even worse. Hell AoT, Fate and Code Geass fans are way more obnoxious when it comes to how "mature and deep" their dumb shows are.

ummm? what? this post has nothing to do with the actual content of the shows or how good they are. its simply looking at demographics of its audience. stop letting your bias get in the way, its embarassing
Sep 8, 2022 2:16 PM
Dec 2019
I don’t think that HxH is thaaaat mature like some people say. Kids are kind of used with some of those themes, but in a different way. The first arc is a little childish to me, but than it changes a lot.
dimidiasSep 8, 2022 3:50 PM
Sep 8, 2022 5:12 PM
Sep 2022
I am a 12 year old kid and the reason I watch HxH is because of the writing & the plot. I also love the chimera ant arc because of the mermen stuff.
Sep 8, 2022 6:29 PM

May 2022
Of course it is, and anyone who doesn't have a severe lack of chromosomal health (meaning anyone who isn't a Hunter fan) is aware of that fact. That's why the majority of the 2011 anime's fans are children, and it's no different for the manga, for those who cope about how it's better than both anime adaptations.

I'm aware the 2011 anime essentially tried to make the series as approachable to kids as possible in its general presentation (for what was already one of the more childish battle shounen to begin with for most of its run), which probably explains the blindingly ugly color palette as if it were from one of those YouTube nursery rhyme videos, in order to keep their attention spans.
Sep 8, 2022 8:22 PM
May 2022
I mean, when i suddenly heard people saying Hxh is dark, I couldn't believe it. When I was watching it, my 8 year old brother also watched it, and he's scared of simple stuff like going to the kitchen at midnight cause of "ghosts". So, how in the world is Hxh scary or even gritty. I don't understand.
Sep 8, 2022 9:47 PM
Sep 2022
CickNipolla said:
On MAL especially, I have noticed Hunter x Hunter has an abnormally large fanbase of younger audiences (16 and under). Which isnt too surprising since shonen is more younger audience based but still. Why do so many kids prefer hxh? Naruto and MHA the only other shonen I can think of where the show has such a large younger audience

Plothole x Asspull is garbage, don't watch it.
Sep 8, 2022 9:51 PM
Sep 2022
official_brown said:
All shounen is marketed towards 18 years or younger audience, hence why it’s called shounen, so yes, it’s for kids.

Shigurui was published in a shounen magazine.
Sep 8, 2022 9:52 PM
Jan 2021
not_Tserriednich said:
official_brown said:
All shounen is marketed towards 18 years or younger audience, hence why it’s called shounen, so yes, it’s for kids.

It was published under a seinen publishing company.

The right mindset when watching an anime is hoping that it will break your top 10
Sep 8, 2022 9:55 PM
Sep 2022
official_brown said:
not_Tserriednich said:

It was published in Champion Red, which is a shonen magazine for teenagers
Sep 8, 2022 9:58 PM
Jan 2021
not_Tserriednich said:
official_brown said:

Champion Red was a shounen publishing company from the year 2002-2003. From then Champion Red became a seinen publishing company, hence why MAL says Shigurui is seinen.
The right mindset when watching an anime is hoping that it will break your top 10
Sep 8, 2022 10:02 PM
Sep 2022
official_brown said:
not_Tserriednich said:

Champion Red was a shounen publishing company from the year 2002-2003. From then Champion Red became a seinen publishing company, hence why MAL says Shigurui is seinen.

đź’€ok fair, saw it listed as shounen on mangadex and didn't bother checking, seemed weird to me lol
Sep 8, 2022 10:05 PM
Sep 2022
CickNipolla said:
ZeraZera said:
Definitely, but it stops being kid friendly once Hisoka shows up.

unfortunately a lot of the hxh fans still try to say hisoka isnt a pedophile, which is an entire different problem with the hxh community in of itself

Hisoka did nothing wrong though
Sep 9, 2022 12:13 AM
May 2021
from the shĹŤnen i have seen, this is somewhere in the low middle for maturity required, certainly more than one piece or toriko but far lower than something like attack on titan. haven't seen all too many shĹŤnen though so take my 2 cents with a grain of salt.
Sep 9, 2022 1:43 AM
Feb 2022
Eh, shows like Naruto, DS,MHA, SAO has most of the kids audience(2)

Example you are fan of Naruto and mha

And most of the ds fans I have met are still living in delusion that normal people can make their heart dance
Sep 9, 2022 1:47 AM

May 2020
Sanjii_1234 said:

And most of the ds fans I have met are still living in delusion that normal people can make their heart dance

demon slayer tends to have an older audience, and sao isnt shonen? lol
Sep 9, 2022 1:51 AM
Feb 2022
CickNipolla said:
Sanjii_1234 said:

ohh i just copied somebody's comment (damn i tripped this time, f!!k you @Khalnayak2002)

It doesn't change the fact it's still the same cringe as Naruto (and many older people actually don't wanna watch the shows made for adults)
Sep 9, 2022 1:55 AM

May 2020
Sanjii_1234 said:
CickNipolla said:

ohh i just copied somebody's comment (damn i tripped this time, f!!k you @Khalnayak2002)

It doesn't change the fact it's still the same cringe as Naruto (and many older people actually don't wanna watch the shows made for adults)

what? naruto isnt designed for adults lol. its like one of the only other shows like hxh thats designed for younger audiences
Sep 9, 2022 1:57 AM
Feb 2022
CickNipolla said:
Sanjii_1234 said:

what? naruto isnt designed for adults lol. its like one of the only other shows like hxh thats designed for younger audiences
you should use some braincells and read it again

And stop with "lol"
How can you laugh so much on normal sentence.(well Ig people laughing over Naruto and ds comedy can laugh over anything)
Sep 9, 2022 2:08 AM
Feb 2022
CickNipolla said:
Sanjii_1234 said:
you should use some braincells and read it again

And stop with "lol"
How can you laugh so much on normal sentence.(well Ig people laughing over Naruto and ds comedy can laugh over anything)

you dont speak proper english, understanding your sentences takes more time and effort than i care to put in
naah you just lack braincells
Sep 9, 2022 2:10 AM
Feb 2022
CickNipolla said:
Sanjii_1234 said:
but still I don't laugh like a freak (and that's something I know and how it's related, ohh you don't have any other thing to say , damn Dumbass)

you still are not speaking coherent english
You still can't prove how hxh is kid oriented.(well it's dicknipolla for you)
Sep 9, 2022 2:20 AM

May 2020
Sanjii_1234 said:
CickNipolla said:

you still are not speaking coherent english

hmm maybe i should word it better. the show may not be designed to be for kids, but it tends to have a large kid audience. i'd say thats a better way to put it.
Sep 9, 2022 2:22 AM
Feb 2022
CickNipolla said:
Sanjii_1234 said:

hmm maybe i should word it better. the show may not be designed to be for kids, but it tends to have a large kid audience. i'd say thats a better way to put it.
Yes that's obviously true
Sep 9, 2022 2:23 AM

May 2020
Sanjii_1234 said:
CickNipolla said:

glad we agree. nothing wrong with it, its just that some shonen have different audiences
Sep 9, 2022 6:06 AM
Feb 2022
CickNipolla said:
Sanjii_1234 said:

glad we agree. nothing wrong with it, its just that some shonen have different audiences
yeah
My bad I just took the post in wrong way
Sep 9, 2022 7:03 AM
Aug 2022
gintokisbicep said:
Piromysl said:

No, they don't.
I don't recall people being brutally murdered on screen, especially children. And if it happened, it happens once or twice.

we must have been watching a different avatar cause that shit went dark. even if they didn't show it on screen as much as hxh, they certainly did a fantastic job at showing the effects of genocide and such

Avatar is influenced by anime tho?
Sep 9, 2022 8:05 AM
Dec 2020
For me Hunter x Hunter is a lot like Yu-Yu Hakusho when it comes to the audience it targets. They’re both for mature audiences even though they have their light moments. Overall, the themes and storylines are without a doubt unorthodox in the “shonen” genre.
Sep 9, 2022 8:28 AM
Dec 2020
anthrshttydy said:
B_Sidd777 said:
For me Hunter x Hunter is a lot like Yu-Yu Hakusho when it comes to the audience it targets. They’re both for mature audiences even though they have their light moments. Overall, the themes and storylines are without a doubt unorthodox in the “shonen” genre.

Shonen is a demographic, not a genre though.

You’re right, I meant to compare it to the group of anime that “attracts that demographic” which is shonen. But in general I’m saying hxh is an atypical shonen
Sep 9, 2022 9:06 AM

Sep 2014
The chimera ant arc, especially, was what convinced me to the fact that Huntrash x Garbage is primarily targeted to a younger demographic. It's one of the few time in anime where I was basically treated like a toddler which I'm pretty sure it's the mental age of the author as well.
Sep 9, 2022 10:37 AM

May 2021
Of course, it is kid-oriented. Just like Made in Abyss.

Sep 9, 2022 10:49 AM
May 2021
if you're talking about chimera and or the manga arcs then it's definitely more on the seinen side
Sep 9, 2022 10:58 AM
Aug 2013
Piromysl said:
Bruh.
It literally has themes like genocide, organised crime, torture and even cannibalism.
It is as kid friendly as Made in Abyss.

And by japanese standard, if there's no nudity then it's safe for kids. Lol hense why Attack on titan is published as a shounen for kids in Japan
~AnimeDownUnder~

Sep 9, 2022 11:11 AM
Jul 2018
Where are the stats indicating that HxH is dominated by a younger audience?
You know what - did I just take the bait? You fiendish rascal, you.
Sep 9, 2022 12:35 PM

Mar 2022
CickNipolla said:

Oh, you did some research? 16 and under, ha? That sounds... wrong. You sure numbers are correct? Maybe check again?
Sep 9, 2022 12:44 PM

May 2020
Stardrake said:
CickNipolla said:

Oh, you did some research? 16 and under, ha? That sounds... wrong. You sure numbers are correct? Maybe check again?

i mean youre trying to argue against facts, which isnt possible lol.
Sep 9, 2022 12:48 PM

Mar 2022
CickNipolla said:
Stardrake said:

I won't argue if you provide me facts xd
Sep 9, 2022 12:50 PM

May 2020
Stardrake said:
CickNipolla said:

thats not really my job to. google is your friend. the MAL search bar is your friend.
Sep 9, 2022 12:52 PM

Sep 2020
I thought you were going in the direction of criticizing Hxh for being kid-oriented as in designed for kids. I was about to go in.

Arteta's Tricky Reds!

Sep 9, 2022 12:57 PM

Mar 2022
CickNipolla said:
Stardrake said:

thats not really my job to. google is your friend. the MAL search bar is your friend.

I mean, I could use google. I could do a search on MAL. But, it's your thread and your claim so, it is kinda your job.
Sep 9, 2022 2:48 PM

Apr 2020
The guy is just spamming these imaginary facts in his numerous Threads^^ Get used to this. He loves it.

1. Most MaL users don't actually state their birthdates, in their profiles, anymore. So...you never actually "noticed" that HxH's audience is young. You just made this up, to post something (again)^^

2. The original Series aired 1999....so....yeah dude. You're right. Must be younger people discovering this Show in 2022. I think thatswhy it's so popular^^ ....not. But I think you know this. You're just a troll account with 0 bans, afterall.

3. Naruto and MHA are the "ONLY" other Anime, you can think of, that have younger audiences. Is that so? xD .....Just wrong and a pretty dumb thing to say tbh. But, again, you're just talking shit. So of course it is.
Merve2LoveSep 9, 2022 2:53 PM
Sep 9, 2022 6:56 PM

Jan 2021
Kid_oriented? for kids??? It depends on what you consider a kid
Cause the bug arc is kind of bizarre XD
Sep 9, 2022 11:21 PM

Jul 2011
CickNipolla said:

it's actually the inverse, and anyway today anime fans are really young for every fandom, this is the reason you see 3D like the one you have done every 2 minute
Sep 10, 2022 2:46 PM

Aug 2016
I'd say it sure starts off seeming that way, then changes.
Sep 11, 2022 4:17 AM
Jul 2018
I don't even think hxh is that good, but why the fuck are there so many of these hate circlejerk threads suddenly popping up?
Sep 11, 2022 10:16 AM

Mar 2012
Saeedlfc said:
I love HxH but the show does attract elitists who want to watch and enjoy an action shonen, but don't want to feel bad doing so as this one is considered more "acceptable".

Piromysl said:
Bruh.
It literally has themes like genocide, organised crime, torture and even cannibalism.
It is as kid friendly as Made in Abyss.

I mean even Naruto has those themes, that isn't really special.

Featuring those themes is one thing, doing them well and not in a nazi-apologetic way is another.

"You committed a holocaust? I know the pain you feel, let's hug it out. Fuck the victims." Repeat.
End Zionazism
Sep 13, 2022 9:08 AM
Jan 2022
Idk if you can say that after the last arc🚶

like, it may seem and give that kind of vibe at first but sooner or later you realize that it's a lot darker than you originally thought
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 63 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

HybridMBL - Jan 19, 2013

124 by Nerdason »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 62 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

HybridMBL - Jan 12, 2013

135 by Nerdason »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 61 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Evanjs - Jan 5, 2013

134 by Nerdason »»
11 hours ago

» Seinen Disguised As a Shonen ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

wubikro - Mar 7, 2014

218 by hexigoon »»
Yesterday, 4:03 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

fishergirl16 - Feb 18, 2012

264 by jotasui »»
Yesterday, 12:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.