Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 8, 2022 2:41 AM

May 2020
On MAL especially, I have noticed Hunter x Hunter has an abnormally large fanbase of younger audiences (16 and under). Which isnt too surprising since shonen is more younger audience based but still. Why do so many kids prefer hxh? Naruto and MHA the only other shonen I can think of where the show has such a large younger audience
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Sep 8, 2022 2:50 AM
Jul 2018
No, in fact HxH is one of those shonen that is less kid oriented than popular shonen like Naruto, DS, MHA etc.
Sep 8, 2022 2:54 AM

May 2020
Cloyee said:
No, in fact HxH is one of those shonen that is less kid oriented than popular shonen like Naruto, DS, MHA etc.

demon slayer is one of the most wide ranging anime ever lol. naruto and demon slayer especially have been able to branch outside of the genre of anime
Sep 8, 2022 2:55 AM

Jan 2009
maybe kids want to feel mature and smart by watching HxH lol
Sep 8, 2022 2:55 AM
Jul 2018
If Hunter x Hunter is made for kids then you must be a fan.
Sep 8, 2022 3:00 AM
Feb 2022
ig the first parts were pretty kid friendly and the chimera ant arc was the worst but still not too bad
Sep 8, 2022 3:01 AM

Jul 2015
Bruh.
It literally has themes like genocide, organised crime, torture and even cannibalism.
It is as kid friendly as Made in Abyss.

Sep 8, 2022 3:03 AM
Mar 2021
CickNipolla said:
On MAL especially, I have noticed Hunter x Hunter has an abnormally large fanbase of younger audiences (16 and under). Which isnt too surprising since shonen is more younger audience based but still. Why do so many kids prefer hxh? Naruto and MHA the only other shonen I can think of where the show has such a large younger audience

just look in your favorites you'll find it
Sep 8, 2022 3:03 AM
Jan 2022
CickNipolla said:

Eh, shows like Naruto, DS,MHA, SAO has most of the kids audience
Check Out My Profile

MAL Profile
Sep 8, 2022 3:05 AM

May 2020
Piromysl said:
Bruh.
It literally has themes like genocide, organised crime, torture and even cannibalism.

spongebob and fairly odd parents have themes of violence and bullying. i wouldnt exactly label them as anything other than kids shows.

a 13-16 year old understands things like war and crime, that doesnt make the show seinen. after all it is shonen.
Sep 8, 2022 3:10 AM

Jul 2015
CickNipolla said:
Piromysl said:
Bruh.

spongebob and fairly odd parents have themes of violence and bullying. i wouldnt exactly label them as anything other than kids shows.

a 13-16 year old understands things like war and crime, that doesnt make the show seinen. after all it is shonen.

Main difference this that in SpongeBob supposed violence is totally caetoonish and ironical, thus comedical. It is literally what slapstick comedy is.

In HxH violence is dark, gritty and serious.

Such a terrible comparison.

Sep 8, 2022 3:23 AM
Jul 2019
Hxh is literally the opposite its almost a seinen regarding the depth of characters and the insane writing that goes into it
Sep 8, 2022 3:24 AM

Apr 2016
It's definitely a manga where they ship kids with each other, that's for sure.
Sep 8, 2022 3:46 AM

Nov 2021
Is this the second version of your previous troll thread?
"Hunter x Hunter is the spongebob of anime"
Sep 8, 2022 3:59 AM
Feb 2022
you haven't watched it though
Sep 8, 2022 4:02 AM
Feb 2022
Mosesaa said:
Is this the second version of your previous troll thread?
"Hunter x Hunter is the spongebob of anime"

Yes it is, some persons literally don't have anything to do ...
Sep 8, 2022 4:07 AM
Jan 2022
CickNipolla said:

I think that other shonen are more oriented to 16 and under. Like Demon Slayer, Black Cover, Jujutsu Kaisen. I’ll agree that the beginning of HxH is more oriented to more younger audiences. But the later parts of HxH (Especially Chimera Ant Arc) is more seinen than shonen. Having way more dark themes compared to other shonen
Sep 8, 2022 4:10 AM
Jul 2021
bruh wasnt watching ☠️☠️
Sep 8, 2022 4:30 AM
Mar 2022
lol the story itself is complex and even adults fail to understand it and the horrifying character of hisoka is most definitely not for kids
Sep 8, 2022 4:32 AM

Aug 2018
Not really, I think any of the big three would fit better
_______I like rocks__
Sep 8, 2022 4:43 AM
Jul 2022
CickNipolla said:
Piromysl said:
Bruh.

So, spongebob shows stuff like cutting through body,cutting
body parts,genocide,and direct violence?

Such a bad comparison
Sep 8, 2022 4:50 AM
Feb 2022
CickNipolla said:

You’re saying this with Akame ga kill in your favorites. That’s the height of “I’m 14 and this is deep”. Kurapika brings a shovel to a 1v1, solely to bury the body. The chimera ant arc is borderline seinin. Just because your story involves younger kids doesn’t make the show geared towards them. I think kids stick to demon slayer and One piece. They seem to have trouble understanding nen alot of the time (for some reason? ain’t that complex) and end up dropping HxH. Or because of Gon and Killua’s age they look at the show and say “this is for kids” then try to find something edgy like Akame ga Kill
Sep 8, 2022 4:55 AM
Jan 2021
All shounen is marketed towards 18 years or younger audience, hence why it’s called shounen, so yes, it’s for kids.
The right mindset when watching an anime is hoping that it will break your top 10
Sep 8, 2022 4:57 AM
Nov 2021
i mean if you think kids fighting to the death and people getting their heads snatched clean off is "kid oriented" idk what to tell you.
Sep 8, 2022 4:58 AM
Nov 2021
CickNipolla said:

and almost every shonen has a young audience that's literally what the word shonen means it's a target demographic for a young audience
Sep 8, 2022 4:59 AM
Nov 2021
CickNipolla said:
Piromysl said:
Bruh.

comparing fairly odd parents to hunter hunter is quite literally brain dead
Sep 8, 2022 5:02 AM
Feb 2022
Atanpenguin said:
CickNipolla said:

You’re saying this with Akame ga kill in your favorites. That’s the height of “I’m 14 and this is deep”. Kurapika brings a shovel to a 1v1, solely to bury the body. The chimera ant arc is borderline seinin. Just because your story involves younger kids doesn’t make the show geared towards them. I think kids stick to demon slayer and One piece. They seem to have trouble understanding nen alot of the time (for some reason? ain’t that complex) and end up dropping HxH. Or because of Gon and Killua’s age they look at the show and say “this is for kids” then try to find something edgy like Akame ga Kill

Yes H×H is made for kids just like Made In Abyss...
Sep 8, 2022 5:13 AM
Sep 2021
official_brown said:
All shounen is marketed towards 18 years or younger audience, hence why it’s called shounen, so yes, it’s for kids.

It's about the magzine rather than the show , if tokyo ghoul was published in a shounen magzine then it would be shounen

same goes for death note, like it's only shounen cause it published in Shounen magzine

i was surprised about kaguya sama
love is war being a Seinen
Sep 8, 2022 5:27 AM

Feb 2021
Disagree. The way HxH expresses themes and ideas is very mature. In fact, much more mature than any other shounen.
Sep 8, 2022 5:41 AM

Dec 2021
how does a question like this get asked when the chimera ant arc exists
good opinions on anything, block = I own you
Sep 8, 2022 5:47 AM

Jul 2015
gintokisbicep said:
Piromysl said:
Bruh.

i mean so do kids shows like avatar and adventure time.

No, they don't.
I don't recall people being brutally murdered on screen, especially children. And if it happened, it happens once or twice.

Sep 8, 2022 5:53 AM

Jan 2014
official_brown said:

What this dude said. How many times does this topic need to be made? It was published in a shōnen magazine. Ergo definitionally marketed/“geared toward” male humans under 18 years of age. We can debate which are more/less “appropriate” for children, or which are more likely to attract viewers outside of the literal target demographic, but all of these examples were quite literally written “for children.”
Sep 8, 2022 5:53 AM

Jul 2015
gintokisbicep said:
Piromysl said:

No, they don't.
I don't recall people being brutally murdered on screen, especially children. And if it happened, it happens once or twice.

we must have been watching a different avatar cause that shit went dark. even if they didn't show it on screen as much as hxh, they certainly did a fantastic job at showing the effects of genocide and such

If you are talking about one historical event that happened 100 years before the start of the story, then it hardly counts.

Sep 8, 2022 5:54 AM
Jul 2018
Definitely, but it stops being kid friendly once Hisoka shows up.
Sep 8, 2022 6:09 AM
Dec 2020
According to manga volumes HxH is for 16+.

Sep 8, 2022 6:16 AM
Dec 2020
I also don't understand why someone who doesn't like this show, creates the most threads compared to others. I mean dude we get it, just move on.
Sep 8, 2022 6:35 AM

Mar 2021
So, there's this anime called as "Shoujo Ramune."
Its about 3 10y/o girls who are friends, enjoying their life in a peaceful village. They love to go to a candy store run by a kind and friendly gentleman.

Well, since it's about 10y/os. I decided, why not recommend this show to all the kids below 10 years out there. Since it had child cast, it should be for children right?
RIGHT????
Sep 8, 2022 6:42 AM

Feb 2021
V1P3R0P said:
So, there's this anime called as "Shoujo Ramune."
Its about 3 10y/o girls who are friends, enjoying their life in a peaceful village. They love to go to a candy store run by a kind and friendly gentleman.

Well, since it's about 10y/os. I decided, why not recommend this show to all the kids below 10 years out there. Since it had child cast, it should be for children right?
RIGHT????

HAHAHAHAH I am dying! So true.
Sep 8, 2022 7:19 AM
Feb 2022
El_Professor07 said:
Atanpenguin said:

Yes H×H is made for kids just like Made In Abyss...

Lmao exactly, same situation
Sep 8, 2022 7:43 AM
Feb 2021
This is the dumbest thing I've read today.
Sep 8, 2022 8:24 AM
Jul 2018
So the argument is: HxH is for children because it has a younger audience(unproven statement)?

You could say that about Fmab, death note and steins gate
Everybody that i know and who watched those shows and love them, at the time of their first watch were 14 at most. Using the same reasoning i'm stating that those shows are for kids, especially because when i watched those anime at 18, i was utterly unimpressed

Do you realize how stupid is that kind of reasoning?
Sep 8, 2022 9:23 AM

Jul 2020
It’s not a HxH thing. I think that in general on MAL there are a lot of younger users, so naturally it’ll seem like a lot of popular fanbases (like HxH) have a larger audience of kids.
Sep 8, 2022 11:55 AM
May 2022
the 2011 version is kid friendly, but people don't want to admit it , even the Chimera Ant Arc would have been better done in the 1999 version, it has a happy go feeling about it filled with bright colours, as compared to the 1999 version which was aimed at a much more matured audience, I literally can't take it seriously
Sep 8, 2022 12:03 PM
May 2022
CickNipolla said:

watch the 1999 version and you will find out it was geared towards a mature audience but the 2011 version is a cash grab, and is geared towards a younger audience as they thought if they removed the dark tone and make it less grittier, they would get the success of Naruto in the western audience
Sep 8, 2022 12:26 PM

May 2020
ZeraZera said:
Definitely, but it stops being kid friendly once Hisoka shows up.

unfortunately a lot of the hxh fans still try to say hisoka isnt a pedophile, which is an entire different problem with the hxh community in of itself
Sep 8, 2022 12:27 PM

Jul 2015
CickNipolla said:
Piromysl said:

No, they don't.

" it only happens once or twice, doesnt count "

youre just being biased for one of your favorite shows at this point. im not really sure why either. its not like being a show directed more for kids is bad.

Well, you are making shit up, because Avatar is not even close to being "my favourite".
And I'd like to correct myself and state, that gratuitous violence does not happen in Avatar at all.

Sep 8, 2022 12:28 PM

May 2020
Piromysl said:
CickNipolla said:

" it only happens once or twice, doesnt count "

youre just being biased for one of your favorite shows at this point. im not really sure why either. its not like being a show directed more for kids is bad.

Well, you are making shit up, because Avatar is not even close to being "my favourite".
And I'd like to correct myself and state, that gratuitous violence does not happen in Avatar at all.

why on earth would i be talking about avatar and not hxh, the topic ofthis thread lmao facepalm
Sep 8, 2022 12:30 PM

Jul 2015
CickNipolla said:
Piromysl said:

why on earth would i be talking about avatar and not hxh, the topic ofthis thread lmao facepalm

Pay attention if you are interjecting in someone else's conversation, bruh.

Sep 8, 2022 12:38 PM

Jul 2015
CickNipolla said:
Piromysl said:

Pay attention if you are interjecting in someone else's conversation, bruh.

dude got lost in his own conversation likes hes a grandma lol

Do you even read stuff you write before posting it?

Sep 8, 2022 12:39 PM

May 2020
Piromysl said:
CickNipolla said:

dude got lost in his own conversation likes hes a grandma lol

Do you even read stuff you write before posting it?

lil bro got lost in his own conversation lol
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 147 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2014

393 by Nerdason »»
44 minutes ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 146 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2014

336 by Nerdason »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 145 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2014

266 by Nerdason »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 101 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2013

209 by dspr »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 148 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Haine - Sep 23, 2014

921 by Willex05 »»
Yesterday, 8:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.