Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Sep 3, 2022 2:18 PM

Sep 2020
The atmosphere of the speech scene is really great, Chisato is ready to get to the tower, can't wait for the next episode!
Sep 3, 2022 2:38 PM
May 2017
I can't even begin to tell how much of a masterpiece this episode was... Brilliant.
Sep 3, 2022 2:44 PM
Druid (S-Class)

Nov 2016
Soooo good. That phone call sooo well executed. すき すき
Sep 3, 2022 3:15 PM

Mar 2020
so majima plan was to transform japan in usa?
Sep 3, 2022 3:39 PM

Jan 2020
I guess we're approaching the end now.

I will say, for all the criticism I gave Majima before, he is a lot more imposing this episode. I mean, that's quite a plan. Though, this isn't America, I'm surprised a cop saw a citizen with his hands in the air, in shock, and just fired anyway.

Aw yus, looks like true Chisato is about to start fucking all the shiz. I'm pretty hyped for next week. This was a good setup for the final arc.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Sep 3, 2022 3:58 PM

Jun 2021
I think this will be the last mission for Chisato :(
Sep 3, 2022 4:12 PM
Apr 2021
commonxreaction said:

I will say, for all the criticism I gave Majima before, he is a lot more imposing this episode. I mean, that's quite a plan. Though, this isn't America, I'm surprised a cop saw a citizen with his hands in the air, in shock, and just fired anyway.

Aw yus, looks like true Chisato is about to start fucking all the shiz. I'm pretty hyped for next week. This was a good setup for the final arc.

The dude who found the gun accidentally shot himself
Sep 3, 2022 4:17 PM

Jan 2020
Sleeping_wolf_ said:
commonxreaction said:

The dude who found the gun accidentally shot himself

Oh, is that so? I thought it was implied that it slipped from the citizen's hand, ever so slightly, and it was pointed "just enough" toward the officer for them to "retaliate." That was my understanding anyway. I mean, it's clear that Majima's goal is to create pseudo-insurgents by arming citizens. Having police kill innocent citizens seems like a pretty successful means of turning the populace against their government.
commonxreactionSep 3, 2022 4:26 PM

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Sep 3, 2022 4:17 PM

Mar 2008
Regardless of the flags and the fact I'm being prepped for it, I'll be very sad if Chisato dies.
Sep 3, 2022 4:28 PM
ProfessionalDumb
Jun 2022
I feel like this episode was to get rid of the uncertainty episode 9 left us. And we know that they're commiting this route. A really good story overall, one of the best seasonal series for Summer 2022, well done.
Sep 3, 2022 4:47 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
RIP Cafe LycoReco :'( But Mika and Chisato discussion together was sweet, though now it's time for much more trouble with Makima spreading anarchy through the city by giving random citizens guns... they need to stop that as much as possible but they need to make choices in order to not be revealed to everyone.
Sep 3, 2022 4:53 PM
May 2017
I fail to see a happy ending without a deus ex machina. Anyway, I like the story as it is very much and I'm willing to have a lot of fun -- and maybe some tears -- with a bittersweet ending. Isn't Chisato going full nelson lovely?
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Sep 3, 2022 4:56 PM
Jul 2022
With 3 episodes of emotional build up I'm sure the next 3 will be great
Sep 3, 2022 4:58 PM
Sep 2018
Honestly a pretty decent episode, can’t wait for a Majima and Chisato showdown!
Sep 3, 2022 5:20 PM

Mar 2010
I want chisato all to myself, she looked to good in dat kimono wish I could do unheard things to her jk but the situation didn't seem that dire tbh.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Sep 3, 2022 5:33 PM

May 2020
The fact that Chisato still want to hear a reason from Shinji is a headache to me.
Sep 3, 2022 5:38 PM
Mar 2022
Takina didn't give a shit about staying in the DA, she wants to find Yoshimatsu and fucking question that asshole all for Chisato. You go queen!
Sep 3, 2022 5:48 PM

Jan 2021
Probably gonna cry at the end of this but gonna enjoy all and every scene before that...
Sep 3, 2022 6:18 PM
Jan 2020
HUGE PLOT TWIST!!!! IM ABSOLUTELY AMAZED BY THE WHOLE ANIME!!!!!!
Sep 3, 2022 6:21 PM

Jan 2021
Really hope that the café will stay open. Majima is playing his role as the villain perfectly.

Even if these are Chisato's last moments she still keeps herself happy at all times and is ready to fight. The kimono really looked great on her.

The end truly is upon us.
Sep 3, 2022 6:23 PM

Feb 2011
leonardobarba said:
I fail to see a happy ending without a deus ex machina. Anyway, I like the story as it is very much and I'm willing to have a lot of fun -- and maybe some tears -- with a bittersweet ending. Isn't Chisato going full nelson lovely?

You have Seen the deus ex machina already in the last Episode.
I dont think this will be a bitter sweet ending.
But i think Somebody will die.
Sep 3, 2022 6:43 PM
Jun 2020
C I N E M A. C I N E M A. C I N E M A.
Sep 3, 2022 7:35 PM

Sep 2015
This episode honestly feels like a very relevant commentary on the state of modern Japanese society. Obviously there's exaggeration for the sake of entertainment, but there are some broad similarities.

People who are being investigated or interrogated by police have much less rights than they do in most developed countries around the world. Japan has a >99% conviction rate in criminal cases, which is partially upheld by prosecutors refusing to take cases that they're not confident they could win. The Japanese population overall is highly apathetic both to domestic social issues and to problems in the world and prefer to pretend those things don't exist, or they simply don't know about them because they're not covered by mainstream media.

I can't be the only one who thought of this, what else do y'all have to add?
Flip_Flap17Sep 3, 2022 7:49 PM
Sep 3, 2022 8:16 PM

Feb 2020
Well, the conclusion to the story definitely seems close. I can't wait to see the ending soon. And chisato in a kimono was great sight to see that's for sure. Liked the wholesome father daughter bonding moment.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 3, 2022 8:56 PM
Nov 2019
A lot happening in this episode. The cafe closing down, Takina going back to the Lycoris, and Mizuki and Kurumi leaving, plus Majima putting his plan into action and Chisato learning the truth. Really like how Chisato doesn't regret her choices after learning why she was really saved.
Sep 3, 2022 9:48 PM

Jul 2012
I kinda get Majima's point. Government a shit. After that final scene this show just feels like cute John Wick and I love it.
Sep 3, 2022 10:33 PM

Feb 2014
It was a touching note to see the regulars visiting the cafe one by one, showing their surprise and sadness that the cafe would be "temporarily" closing for a while, with all of them wanting to see it opening again very soon. Same goes for when Chisato wore the pretty kimono given to her by Mika. With that, Mika opened up to her about everything in the past with him and Yoshi and, thankfully, Chisato handled it better than I thought she would.

However, everything else is going down south pretty fast. Thanks to Majima, Yoshi has been tied up and the irritating super hacker has his drones surrounding the cafe, warning the duo to stay put. No chance of that happening, as Mika and Chisato kit themselves up with enough weaponry with the aim of saving Yoshi.

Majima's plan was rather ballsy, in trying to expose the identity of DA and the whole Lycoris system to the public, while threatening to blow up the newly opened tower. I wouldn't be surprised if he has one or two more things under wraps that might trip up Chisato or Takina, but there's still hope for a somewhat happy conclusion to the series. Let's see what'll happen for the final three episodes and, most of all, hope that it all ends on a high. =)
Sep 3, 2022 10:51 PM

Apr 2022
Kinda hoping Shinji just gets capped💥
Sep 3, 2022 11:25 PM

Aug 2019
Some pretty interesting ideological clashes. Majima has definitely turned into a interesting character, not entirely good but also not inherently bad. He wants to show the truth that the country is living in a "filthy peace" almost like a hand of justice, just not a pretty one though. Exposing that DA might keep means of peace but at what cost. Looking at DA from the perspective of adopting orphans to become hitmen, practically doing mass killing themselves to keep the peace, and considering how long they've been around for, it makes sense you could label them as "villains but pretend to be heroes of justice".
Although his methods are also pretty extreme i'd say he's fighting fire with fire, and it was about time someone judged DA's actions. To bad it had to be Majima though probably the most extreme judge you could find.

Some really touching Mika and Chisato moments. Mika never could give in to making Chisato a killer especially since she sees her as a daughter, so never told her the truth but the guilt snowballed as time passed and they showed it in his character well. However because of Mika's kindness and allowing Chisato to make a decision, she accepted the truth maturely.
Sep 3, 2022 11:26 PM
Apr 2022
majima omega based and Mika kinda mid
Sep 4, 2022 1:01 AM
Apr 2022
So DA just wanted to use Chisato as killing machine as well, meanwhile Alan institute wanted her to be the best of what she was naturally good at, which is an efficient cold blooded killer. But Teacher hid the truth of what others expected of Chisato, and allowed her to carve her own path and life. And she did just that, creating a peaceful sweets and coffee shop where she created countless memories involving hours of laughter and fun. It is no wonder Chisato refuses to think I’ll of anyone...she has lived a blessed life. I think she feels the weight of what the means, which is why she refuses to really hurt anyone in a way that will leave them scarred. Nowadays, we root for ruthlessness and savagery in heroes. We wa them to beat the villains down mercilessly, and reign over them in complete victory. But Chisato is a truly good hero: she wants to save people from others that would do them harm, but also show compassion to those that don’t deserve it, as she was shown that same compassion and given another chance and experiencing the beauty of life. Someone who is capable of tremendous power but deciding to have restraint and maintain discipline is an indication of someone who is worthy of it. I still believe this anime will have a chocolate coated ending in some way, but these next episodes will feel like a knife tugging at heart strings...
Sep 4, 2022 1:48 AM
May 2020
It was so good. I had a few tears. Chisato must have been deeply saddened, but she was always smiling. Keeping others around you without tense, even if your time is a little short. But Chisato will definitely be fine. Takina is so cute and cool, I really like girls like Takina.
Sep 4, 2022 2:46 AM

Mar 2012
ShinyKing said:
The Japanese population overall is highly apathetic both to domestic social issues and to problems in the world and prefer to pretend those things don't exist, or they simply don't know about them because they're not covered by mainstream media.

Between truly showing 0 concern and puting a pfp with a flag or some colors to show how "commited you are to current thing", I'm gonna stick with the japs on this one.
People don't really show interest on anything outside their inmediate surroundings that can affect them or their family, unless they have something to win from it (on current age this is usually, just clout), and usually even that is just the minimum amount of signs of your support to win "points" with your acquaintances.

JeremiahOrange said:
Kurumi sucks as a hacker.

Hacker basic 101: When someone sneaks suddenly, you should be prepared to switch tabs immediately to different window like using Alt+Tab or some combination. If not, atleast have the IQ to make sure your screen can be rotated to face away from point of entrance.

Any person who does NSFW stuff can tell you that easiest way not to reveal everything would just be to tilt screen away from entrance.

Majima atleast shook things up. He is just following in Makishima Shogo's footsteps, but lycoris need to be taken down a huge peg. Same goes for Alan institute. Douchebags are just using a girls life for their own ends.

Chisato's soap opera drama was meh.

dunno if they will get out of the cafe anyways.

Also, it is pretty stupid that Lycoris department/DA didnt have a kill switch to stop the transmissions from the new tower when they explicitly know that terrorist is there. SMH. So much for IQ of characters.

Also, can't vouch for that stupid guy on the bench who thought it would be a good idea to take a gun just like terrorist Majima which was conveniently sitting below him in a pocket. That's what u get for listening blindly to anyone.

If you have watched enough movies, you should know that guns are lethal devices and are meant to be taken seriously.

Even if it was a toy gun, what are u gonna do, play with it???
smh.

Alteast Majima/Makishima shogo clone delivered a good burn to Takina for her being too forward in asking questions. Even I found that too out of character for takina.

Anyways, if you want a better and more realistic series dealing with actual counter terrorism and with actual stakes being involved, I recommend u watch psycho pass.

Majima in here is a near clone of Makishima Shogo and not original. So if you think Majima is great, check out Makishima Shogo instead in psycho pass.

Majima actions seem closer to Kamui from S2, trying to make the whole country asymptomatic (in LycoReco, terrorists) so the system falls by it's own weight and citizens realized how flawled it is and how it actually is on the shadows.
Waifus only represent ideals
Sep 4, 2022 3:25 AM
Nov 2020
haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ptn
Sep 4, 2022 3:59 AM
Apr 2022
EMOTIONSSSS!!! man that made me emotional n i cant believe theres only 3 episodes left. i rly hope we can get a second season
what do i put here,, no rly im not creative ; - ;
Sep 4, 2022 4:17 AM

Mar 2016
Damn hanger. Next (2nd) episode most likely will have a lot of run and guns.

LycoReco seems confirmed will only have 12 episodes (+special?) if based on its BD covers.
Sep 4, 2022 4:50 AM

Oct 2007
looks like Takina is in a bad mood. She destroyed the arm of that big bald guy after getting information from him. lol

emotional moment with Chisato and Mika packing weapons and ammo, going out for a mission.

looking forward to next week!! :)
Sep 4, 2022 5:02 AM

Jun 2016
no doubt !! chisato best waifu this season !!

this show is amazingly good !!
Sep 4, 2022 5:28 AM
May 2016
Very straightforward anime. I like it.
Sep 4, 2022 5:34 AM
Sep 2022
Pls let her live. I know this world is cruel but let her live atleast in the anime. We love anime becuase it's better than reality. I hate anime sad endings cause that reminds me of my own cursed life. I hope she lives and that cafe opens again. There is nothing wrong with happy endings filled with hope.
Sep 4, 2022 5:40 AM
Sep 2018
Drama and action in the right measure.
Sep 4, 2022 7:36 AM

Feb 2021
We're in endgame now. I never like it when a character's life span has already been decided. 2 months is just too short of a time for anyone to have. Alan institute's mission sounds like a cult to me. There's no way Mizuki and Kurumi are gone just like that. They will return and when they do it will be with a blast!

What never ceases to amaze me, the secret organization Lycoris takes Majima's moves at face value. Like, you're dealing with someone who's clearly not your regular terrorist and yet you're willingly to charge into his lair thinking it's not a trap? Kusunoki is a bad commander.

Takina... everyone will find a way to save you. Just you wait, Chisato.
"Nobody could laugh at someone who's trying their hardest" -Machio-

Sep 4, 2022 7:37 AM

Feb 2021
Aesethyr said:
Does this imply that this anime ends at Season 1?. Gives me vibes it will end here.

This has become way serious now as compared before and the dumb things has gone away. That's good.
As much as I like this series, I don't think continuing to season 2 is a great idea. A good closure fits this show better imo.
"Nobody could laugh at someone who's trying their hardest" -Machio-

Sep 4, 2022 7:46 AM
Oct 2019
LycoReco is closed 😭

Majima giving free guns to citizens? Wtf

We are in End Game now, I'm excited but also worried. 😢
Sep 4, 2022 8:32 AM

Sep 2020
Can someone explain me what Yoshimatsu did to Chisato? I really didn't understand that part.
Like, he wanted her to be a "weapon/killer" but she didn't want to kill and so now he wants to kill her? Is that it or there's something else that I didn't get?
I'd be happy if anyone could explain it :3
Sep 4, 2022 9:21 AM

Feb 2018
Sort of a more emotional episode, with it seeming like the ending is going to be not a very happy one, which isn't a bad thing. Definitely interested with how this final showdown is going to go.
Sep 4, 2022 10:09 AM

Sep 2015
CorbanEsp said:
ShinyKing said:
The Japanese population overall is highly apathetic both to domestic social issues and to problems in the world and prefer to pretend those things don't exist, or they simply don't know about them because they're not covered by mainstream media.

Between truly showing 0 concern and puting a pfp with a flag or some colors to show how "commited you are to current thing", I'm gonna stick with the japs on this one.
People don't really show interest on anything outside their inmediate surroundings that can affect them or their family, unless they have something to win from it (on current age this is usually, just clout), and usually even that is just the minimum amount of signs of your support to win "points" with your acquaintances.

So you think it's better to let the failings and evils of the world multiply and rot a society from the inside out than to even be slightly concerned about them? What cynical, nihilistic nonsense. Yes, virtue signaling on social media is toxic, but to use that as a reason that no one should ever advocate for awareness or change is ridiculous. Getting people to care about an issue is the first step to addressing it.
Sep 4, 2022 10:27 AM
May 2011
Alematt288 said:
Can someone explain me what Yoshimatsu did to Chisato? I really didn't understand that part.
Like, he wanted her to be a "weapon/killer" but she didn't want to kill and so now he wants to kill her? Is that it or there's something else that I didn't get?
I'd be happy if anyone could explain it :3
If he wanted to kill Chisato, his assistant would have done so at the clinic. It's possible that he has a replacement for the heart he wrecked and was going to use it to persuade her directly to "fulfill her mission", but he got captured by Majima instead.
Sep 4, 2022 10:58 AM

Jan 2011
And another twist to the story, I love this show.
Sep 4, 2022 11:17 AM
May 2017
Nuckel-Cell said:
You have Seen the deus ex machina already in the last Episode.
I dont think this will be a bitter sweet ending.
But i think Somebody will die.

I know... deus ex machina harms the story; it is the lazy way to solve the climax.
Chisato or Takina dying is bitter.
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Lycoris Recoil Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 27, 2022

338 by PYuyles »»
Apr 19, 11:45 PM

Poll: » Lycoris Recoil Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2022

441 by AnthonyParrett »»
Apr 16, 6:37 PM

Poll: » Lycoris Recoil Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 20, 2022

218 by Mat2468xk »»
Apr 6, 10:59 AM

Poll: » Lycoris Recoil Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2022

200 by Mat2468xk »»
Apr 4, 11:32 AM

Poll: » Lycoris Recoil Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 6, 2022

222 by Mat2468xk »»
Apr 4, 10:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.