Forum Settings
Forums

'Tsurune: Kazemai Koukou Kyuudoubu' Gets Second Season for Winter 2023

New
Aug 18, 2022 10:26 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
The stage greeting for the Tsurune Movie: Hajimari no Issha (Tsurune Movie: The First Shoot) anime movie announced a second season on Friday. The new season, subtitled Tsunagari no Issha (The Connection Shot), will begin airing in January 2023. The event also revealed a teaser visual (pictured).

Takuya Yamamura (Hibike! Euphonium episode director) is returning to direct the second season at Kyoto Animation. Voice actor Jun Fukuyama (Persona 5 the Animation, Osomatsu-san) is joining the cast as the new character Eisuke Nikaidou.

Tsurune adapts Kotoko Ayano's school sports novel, which she originally submitted for the 7th Kyoto Animation Awards under the title Yata no Mori Kyuudoujou and won a Special Judge Award in the novel category in May 2016. Kyoto Animation published the first volume through its KA Esuma Bunko imprint in December that year, featuring illustrations by Chinatsu Morimoto. The third volume went on sale on Friday.

The first season aired in 13 episodes in Fall 2018. The fifth and final home video release bundled a special episode in March 2019. The Hajimari no Issha anime movie opened in theaters in Japan on Friday.

Crunchyroll simulcast the anime with subtitles. Sentai FIlmworks licensed the anime series in October 2018 and released it on Blu-ray in January 2018.

Synopsis
"Tsurune"—It's the sound made by the bowstring when an arrow is released, and the sound that inspired Minato Narumiya to learn Kyuudo, a modern Japanese martial art focusing on archery. However, an incident during his last middle school tournament caused him to quit the sport.

But soon, many factors conspire to make Minato take up the bow once again: the start of a new Kyuudo club in his high school, a chance encounter with a mysterious archer, and the support of his childhood friends, Seiya Takehaya and Ryouhei Yamanouchi. Together with his childhood friends and his new teammates, Kaito Onogi and Nanao Kisaragi, Minato rekindles his love for Kyuudo and works with his team toward their aim of winning the prefectural tournament. [Written by MAL Rewrite]

Official site: http://tsurune.com/
Official Twitter: @tsurune_anime

Source: animate Times

Tsurune: Tsunagari no Issha on MAL
VindstotAug 18, 2022 11:27 PM

Aug 18, 2022 10:36 PM

Jul 2015
Eyyy!! Though Tsurune is not my favourite KyoAni work, mostly because it is very cursed, it's so good to see them back in full swing.

Aug 18, 2022 10:38 PM

Apr 2012
I have nothing against this male version of Hibike, but it confuses me that KyoAni is once again trying to find a themed cash cow than to work on new shows. They've got enough material for a whole bunch of different shows, but they're trying to get into all-female/all-male milking again.
Aug 18, 2022 11:13 PM

Feb 2021
As I heard it is a compilation movie composed from the main series, sadly.
Aug 18, 2022 11:35 PM
Apr 2022
Piromysl said:
Eyyy!! Though Tsurune is not my favourite KyoAni work, mostly because it is very cursed, it's so good to see them back in full swing.

Hi, tell me please, why you said the work is cursed?
Aug 18, 2022 11:41 PM

Jul 2015
R0neki said:
Piromysl said:

Because the madman who set fire to KyoAni and murdered 30+ people claimed, that they plagiarized a discounted meat scene from this anime and that caused him to do this.

Aug 18, 2022 11:45 PM
Apr 2022
Piromysl said:
R0neki said:

Because the madman who set fire to KyoAni and murdered 30+ people claimed, that they plagiarized a discounted meat scene from this anime and that caused him to do this.

oh really... thank you, I didn't know that, what a sad story :(
Aug 18, 2022 11:51 PM

Apr 2012
Piromysl said:
R0neki said:

R0neki said:
Piromysl said:

oh really... thank you, I didn't know that, what a sad story :(

As far as I know, he was obsessed with the studio even before the publication of the original LN.
Aug 19, 2022 12:30 AM

Apr 2016
Yep, Kyoto Animation needs that fast cash, and where better to get it than from an anime with underage boys.
Aug 19, 2022 12:59 AM

Oct 2017
Unexpected news but nice. Gotta rewatch s1 before s2 comes.
Aug 19, 2022 1:23 AM
Jan 2020
Only good thing about this is the animation, typical sports anime fujobait
Aug 19, 2022 3:32 AM

Feb 2017
Yayyy!!! The show is amazing I can't wait to watch it,I miss all the boys, they're all so cute!! 🥺
Aug 19, 2022 5:46 AM

Feb 2020
This one was heavy fujobait, i couldnt get past 2nd episode.
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Aug 19, 2022 5:58 AM

Apr 2012
Adampk said:
This one was heavy fujobait, i couldnt get past 2nd episode.

Not much will change in the second volume.
Aug 19, 2022 8:31 AM

Aug 2013
What???? No way! This is awesome news!!!!
Aug 29, 2022 2:02 AM

Jun 2015
Swagernator said:
Yep, Kyoto Animation needs that fast cash, and where better to get it than from an anime with underage boys.

???

I don't quite understand your emphasis on 'underage boys'. By that logic, any depiction of youth in anime would have that descriptor.
The series is not as successful as their earlier hits like Free, it does have backing from NHK, which doesn't necessarily mean that the characters depicted (and from what you suggest, their age) are what is reeling in the 'cash'. It arguably was a safe choice for them since it does have that NHK money.
Sep 6, 2022 5:20 AM
Aug 2021
this has to be banger as well

More topics from this board

» 'Tensei shitara Dainana Ouji Datta node, Kimama ni Majutsu wo Kiwamemasu' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Mar 4

1 by AxaraCereb »»
7 hours ago

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 25

18 by MrShadowDUH »»
7 hours ago

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - Apr 25

9 by Playcool »»
9 hours ago

» 'Arknights: Rise From Ember' TV Anime Announced

DatRandomDude - 11 hours ago

4 by Yona_Runcandel »»
10 hours ago

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

7 by EcchiGodMamster »»
12 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.