Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 7, 2022 8:01 AM

Jan 2018
Akane continues her amazing performance.

And we're getting cover next issue and deserved too. Big W.
Aug 7, 2022 8:11 AM

Sep 2021
Cover next issue really deserved. Akane Is becoming one of my favourite protagonist in jump right now, she continues to be better and better
Aug 7, 2022 8:23 AM

Oct 2017
Just insane, Akane's way too good. Also they know.
Aug 7, 2022 9:08 AM
Oct 2020
She doing great and they all know she's amazing too
Aug 7, 2022 9:55 AM

May 2020
Well that's a way to captivate your audience, and to think Akane came up with everything all by herself makes it even more better.

Now when they know who's teaching her, I hope things don't go south.
Aug 7, 2022 10:10 AM

May 2019
Akane is such a great series. I remember back when this debuted I was one of the skeptics who thought it wouldn't last. Now look at how well the series is doing! I'm so happy for both mangakas. Excited for the upcoming cover page!
Aug 7, 2022 10:36 AM

May 2010
Cover and color page incoming to finish the performance. This is the series I am most excited while reading right now.
Aug 7, 2022 10:42 AM

Mar 2015
oh boy, some bloodbath incoming?
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Aug 7, 2022 11:16 AM

Apr 2018
Oho, they found out who her sensei is. Might spice up some things in the end or when her performance is done. But for now, she's improving and its pleasing the audience very well but from the reactions of the other rakugo ppl r jealousy.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Aug 7, 2022 12:14 PM

Feb 2012
I think its pretty excessive that her story is taking one month to finish. The fundamental problem is that a typical story will rely on a specific key moment to have its impact, but this manga focuses on style. This manga has been great at showing that so far with each story taking about a chapter to complete, but this longer chapter is showing the limitations of the method. We're not invested in the story that she is telling so it will be hard for the story to provide the climatic moment that ties everything up. The manga gets around this by focusing on Akane's personal story and fight, but that doesn't require nearly as much build up as we are getting. It's ironic that the performance of the other two characters that matter probably would have been more engaging in manga form than Akane's if they got time and focus.

This manga has been great and looks to continue being great, but reading this manga just makes me want to reread Act-Age again because that manga did very similar things but much better.
Aug 7, 2022 2:58 PM

May 2019
Phaetons_Folly said:
I think its pretty excessive that her story is taking one month to finish. The fundamental problem is that a typical story will rely on a specific key moment to have its impact, but this manga focuses on style. This manga has been great at showing that so far with each story taking about a chapter to complete, but this longer chapter is showing the limitations of the method. We're not invested in the story that she is telling so it will be hard for the story to provide the climatic moment that ties everything up. The manga gets around this by focusing on Akane's personal story and fight, but that doesn't require nearly as much build up as we are getting. It's ironic that the performance of the other two characters that matter probably would have been more engaging in manga form than Akane's if they got time and focus.

This manga has been great and looks to continue being great, but reading this manga just makes me want to reread Act-Age again because that manga did very similar things but much better.
We already saw her perform the story once before. At this point we aren't focusing on recieving the story as readers (we already experienced that) as much as we are seeing the highlights of what she has learned throughout the series so far. Each chapter has pointed to different lessons she has learned from Kyoji, Koguma, and Master Shiguma. Could all of those lessons be combined into one chapter for the performance? Sure, but I personally feel that would lessen the impact of each one.

I also think that reading the chapters back to back instead of weekly would make a difference in this case, although of course idk which way you have read the series. I know there are some series that I find better to binge rather than read weekly (and vice versa).
Aug 7, 2022 7:48 PM

Oct 2016
Man, this series makes me feel things. A manga about Rakugo makes me more hyped and tense than most action series lmao.
Aug 8, 2022 4:39 PM

Aug 2012
I really like how they're presenting Akane's "disappearing" from the performance, with the wall-thingy (I don't know what it's called), presenting the scene with her Akane's fuzzy, almost tv-static like appearance. I've rather enjoyed the direction Akane's second Jugemu performance has taken, and I'm pretty glad to see it's success, with both Oda and Anno recommending it as well. It's definitely earned.
Aug 13, 2022 3:08 PM
Dec 2008
Masterclass stuff 💪🏼
Aug 18, 2022 3:06 AM

Dec 2020
DAMNNNN. AKANE REALLY *THAT* GOOD HUH. so so proud of herr

More topics from this board

» Special PV

ARK-13 - 7 hours ago

1 by DayRivia »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Akane-banashi Chapter 108 Discussion

ARK-13 - Apr 28

1 by landofthekwt »»
Apr 28, 10:00 AM

Poll: » Akane-banashi Chapter 107 Discussion

ARK-13 - Apr 21

3 by ravingLimey »»
Apr 23, 7:48 AM

Poll: » Akane-banashi Chapter 106 Discussion

ARK-13 - Apr 14

4 by Captainjeddy »»
Apr 16, 9:25 PM

Poll: » Akane-banashi Chapter 105 Discussion

ARK-13 - Apr 7

9 by ArimaKana »»
Apr 10, 1:17 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.