Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Aug 4, 2022 11:37 AM
Mar 2020
are the ratings of the show going up ? cuz i think about 2 years ago ratings were around 8.7 something closer to death note...but now damm it's wayy too high
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Aug 4, 2022 11:44 AM
Jul 2018
I don't think it is way to high. This anime is much better than death note. The characters are perfectly written and thay interconnect so well. It is my most favourite anime yet. And I don't think such a dark psychological and philosophical thriller deverves 8.7. It deserves 9.5 or above.
Aug 4, 2022 11:52 AM

Nov 2021
oblivious_22 said:
are the ratings of the show going up ? cuz i think about 2 years ago ratings were around 8.7 something closer to death note...but now damm it's wayy too high

There are more members who are marking it as "completed", and as a result, the "final score" is obtained. So of course, with a score of "8-9-10", it's going up a little bit. Slowly people are getting to know about the GOAT ANTAGONIST. ๐Ÿ

(Desktop mode) โฌ‡๏ธ

Watching this season

My Anime list

Comment
Aug 4, 2022 11:59 AM
Mar 2020
Monster is literally the only finished anime that’s been on the rise ratings wise... it’s simply new people watching the anime and absolutely loving it. It’s not rocket science. It’s just being well received and highly appreciated more and more by the day as people get into it.

๐˜š๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜ธ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ ๐˜ค๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฎ๐˜บ ๐˜ฆ๐˜บ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด, ๐˜ ๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ฏ’๐˜ต ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Aug 4, 2022 12:14 PM
Feb 2022
I mean it should be higher fr it's goat of an anime
Aug 4, 2022 12:31 PM
Dec 2021
it deserves no 1 imo
Aug 4, 2022 1:51 PM
Jul 2018
Its not high enough man. it's the best anime ever made imo and makes death note look like hamatsu no mars
Aug 4, 2022 2:16 PM
Dec 2018
oblivious_22 said:

Probably cuz more Normies are watching it
Aug 4, 2022 2:32 PM
Jun 2021
It's been my no.1 Anime for a while now and I don't see that changing anytime soon.
Aug 4, 2022 2:38 PM

May 2021
Probably because most of the people watching it now have come to like it due to which the rating has gone up.

MeVike said:
Monster is literally the only finished anime that’s been on the rise ratings wise... it’s simply new people watching the anime and absolutely loving it. It’s not rocket science. It’s just being well received and highly appreciated more and more by the day as people get into it.

It's happening to Violet Evergarden as well.

Aug 4, 2022 2:41 PM
Mar 2020
RioFS said:
Probably because most of the people watching it now have come to like it due to which the rating has gone up.

MeVike said:

That’s a different case because the movie ended up being highly rated, which made people who hadn’t watched Violet, watch it and like it.

Monster has no sequel effect to help boost its popularity and ratings

๐˜š๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜ธ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ ๐˜ค๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฎ๐˜บ ๐˜ฆ๐˜บ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด, ๐˜ ๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ฏ’๐˜ต ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ.

Aug 4, 2022 2:46 PM

May 2021
MeVike said:
RioFS said:

That’s a different case because the movie ended up being highly rated, which made people who hadn’t watched Violet, watch it and like it.

Is that really true though? It seems to have had the opposite effect on Demon Slayer. It went down to 8.54 and V.E. has gone up to 8.67. There are also manga and LN that rise but that's probably because of the anime adaptations.

Aug 4, 2022 2:52 PM
Mar 2020
RioFS said:
MeVike said:

Is that really true though? It seems to have had the opposite effect on Demon Slayer. It went down to 8.54 and V.E. has gone up to 8.67. There are also manga and LN that rise but that's probably because of the anime adaptations.

Never did I state that the sequel can’t make the prequel fall down in ratings. Look at what happened to the promised neverland. The point is, many people here watch anime based on ratings. If they a series or just a season of a series that has a high rating, they’ll check it. If they like it, they’ll rate it high, if they don’t, they rate it low. The violet evegarden movie was only released internationally last year bc of COVID so it’s fairly new and it was a fairly good movie so it’s ratings skyrocketed, thus making people want to check the series. Monster doesn’t have anything that’s new and especially highly rated so people will pay attention to it. Violet evergarden started going up in the ranks only after the movie aired internationally and before that it was falling down. When I first watched the series, it was rated 8.68 and until a few months ago the anime was in the 8.5 range, the movie give it a boost in popularity and ratings.

Aug 4, 2022 2:54 PM

May 2021
MeVike said:
RioFS said:

Never did I state that the sequel can’t make the prequel fall down in ratings. Look at what happened to the promised neverland. The point is, many people here watch anime based on ratings. If they a series or just a season of a series that has a high rating, they’ll check it. If they like it, they’ll rate it high, if they don’t, they rate it low. The violet evegarden movie was only released internationally last year bc of COVID so it’s fairly new and it was a fairly good movie so it’s ratings skyrocketed, thus making people want to check the series. Monster doesn’t have anything that’s new and especially highly rated so people will pay attention to it. Violet evergarden started going up in the ranks only after the movie aired internationally and before that it was falling down. When I first watched the series, it was rated 8.68 and until a few months ago the anime was in the 8.5 range, the movie give it a boost in popularity and ratings.

I see; was unaware of its pre-8.66 status. Thanks.

Aug 4, 2022 3:49 PM
Jun 2021
_ishinashi99_ said:
Shinya_Kogami04 said:
I don't think it is way to high. This anime is much better than death note. The characters are perfectly written and thay interconnect so well. It is my most favourite anime yet. And I don't think such a dark psychological and philosophical thriller deverves 8.7. It deserves 9.5 or above.

your opinion cringe fanboy

bro gave monster and eva a 1 ๐Ÿคจ

btw this is a joke everyone has their preferences.
Aug 4, 2022 3:53 PM
Jun 2021
_ishinashi99_ said:
Reflesh said:

bro gave monster and eva a 1 ๐Ÿคจ

btw this is a joke everyone has their preferences.
Evangelion deserve 0, i added 1 to monster for the toxic fandom

hey man thats your opinion i wont argue
Aug 4, 2022 4:00 PM
Community Mod
+ Manga DB Staff

Feb 2017
Thread locked for breaking the Anime Discussion Guidelines:
2.ใ€€Please refrain from creating threads that do not encourage meaningful and/or civil discussion. An example includes:
    e.ใ€€MAL community data
      e.g.ใ€€Questioning the score/ranking/character favorite counts
      e.g.ใ€€Saying that series X should have a higher/lower score/count
      e.g.ใ€€Specific reviews, moderation of data/community content/reviews, etc.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Monster Episode 74 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

babykeiji - Apr 23, 2008

627 by wibugar »»
May 9, 2:50 PM

Poll: » Monster Episode 73 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kayro - Apr 25, 2008

173 by ArtirSachi »»
May 6, 6:45 PM

Poll: » Monster Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kayro - Apr 5, 2008

105 by puffle9000 »»
May 2, 11:25 PM

Poll: » Monster Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kayro - Apr 3, 2008

149 by tectacles »»
May 2, 6:40 AM

Poll: » Monster Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kayro - Apr 3, 2008

152 by tectacles »»
May 1, 8:17 AM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.