Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jul 30, 2022 3:11 PM
Mar 2022
Holy shit that episode was absolutely insane. Everything in that episode was top-notch. The plot thickens. Chisato having an artificial heart is a nice plot twist. 9/10 episode
Jul 30, 2022 3:57 PM
May 2021
Tbh I didn't really know what to expect from this anime, seeing as it's an original. It's done well so far and I do hope it continues like this till the end.
Really want to know more about this "Alan Institute"
ASOIAF is the best piece of fiction

Jul 30, 2022 4:21 PM
Jul 2018
i'm having a nagging suspicion that i know exactly how this is going to end, but just like with "Vampire in the Garden" i am going to patiently sit down and wait until these silly anime girls make me cry like the little bitch that i am.

the action in this episode was a little on the mid side, but i imagine that if they shower us with john wick levels of seamless gunplay at the front end then they might run out of money by the end lol which i definitely don't want, and honestly today's plot was not only intriguing but delightfully gay so i do not mind at all <33

this show is keeping me going through the painful, painful days that are summer semesters at uni))))
Jul 30, 2022 4:25 PM

Jul 2022
really good episode, it seems the main villain fight is nearing
and now chisato's superhuman abilities make sense cuz of her artificial heart, she literally and figuratively has a heart of steel
and just love the chemistry between chisato and takina, i sooo ship them
Jul 30, 2022 5:13 PM
May 2017
Chisato, red and yellow, artificial heart...

Go, baby girl!
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Jul 30, 2022 6:27 PM
Jun 2019
Another great episode. As the plot thickens, I definitely fear for Chisato's life.

Chisato has no heart, but instead has a pacemaker. I hope it can't get hacked. Alan's institute want Chisato to commit murder.

The future looks pretty dim, and I fear for my heart.
Graduated High School in May of 2022. Summer vacation has finally arrived. I have once again regained the power of a new anime fan, being able to watch multiple anime episodes in a day. Time to binge-watch every single anime I can into the night until college arrives. SADGE. SUPER SADGE... College has begun as of Monday, August 30, 2022, so you won't be seeing me much around these parks. See you on weekends, I guess... School me is back. Sigh! I'll at least try for one anime a day with all this course load.
Jul 30, 2022 6:41 PM
Feb 2022
they don't have to kill that girl in that way thats so painful to watch
Jul 30, 2022 6:46 PM

Nov 2015
ACasualViewer said:
I don't understand why they just let the assassin go? They could have at least gotten him arrested?

That was explained by Mika saying "You were with me then". He didn't do it; he basically had an alibi. Someone was trying to frame him in order to get Chisato to kill him.
Risk something, take back what's yours
Say something they know they might attack you for.
--Linkin Park, "Hands Held High"
Jul 30, 2022 7:18 PM

Jul 2014
Bro!? Why do they keep adding death flag after death flag every damn ep for Chisato!? I swear A-1 if you kill Chisato!
Chisato channeling her inner John Wick way of gun-fu is always amusing, that zero distance consecutive shots were hype! So… she’s got an artificial heart!? Maybe her heart couldnt handle her inhuman reactions to bullets so the institute decided to save her life via artificial heart to have her use that talent instead of it killing her, each passing ep we keep getting new info about Chisato, and with said new info comes new death flag as well its crazy.
I have a bad feeling about the last words Shinji said through the speaker… I feel like the institute might shut Chisato’s heart down if she doesnt use her talent like they want her too. Is that why Shinji left Walnut (Kurumi) into lycoreco? To hack the servers incase they do something to Chisato? Cause to me it looks like Shinji is concerned for Chisato, he also had some sort of promise with Mika that most likely concerns Chisato.
Anyways another banger of an episode! Sadly I feel like ep6 is gonna be the turning point… I am excited and concerned at the same time…
PS.. dont kill Chisato!!!
Jul 30, 2022 7:21 PM

May 2021
I am beginning to like the mystery of the plot quite a bit. Chisato having an artificial heart makes stuff a bit more believeable but still BS really as far as realism is concerned. That girl though ... they brutally shot her through and through, completely filling her with holes.

Jul 30, 2022 7:25 PM

Apr 2020
Oh my god, more death flags. Don't do this to me please.

Great episode as usual though.
Jul 30, 2022 7:26 PM
Sep 2018
Yuri vibes with Takina Lying on Chisatos chest and cannot hear a heartbeat
Jul 30, 2022 7:45 PM
Jul 2022
The fact that Chisato has an artificial heart surprised me
KanpekiNihon2Jul 30, 2022 10:52 PM
Jul 30, 2022 8:04 PM

Apr 2017
At this point i curious if the machine that implanted to chisatos body (heart) have a connection to her outstanding ability to dodge a bullet or its just a pure talent
Moe is Love ! Moe is Life !
Jul 30, 2022 8:13 PM
Jun 2020
Really getting Death flag vibes from Chisato for a while now
Jul 30, 2022 8:46 PM

May 2020
Chisato has a mechanical heart... why this is sounds so ominous. Majima already carry out his plan to kill Lycoris. Such a surprise Matsushita is never exist to begin with, and Shinji is behind all of this bodyguard job.

Shinji really wants Chisato to go back to her old self, a killing machine.
Jul 30, 2022 9:13 PM

Jan 2021
They ratioed that girl damn
under”Mebius” is my salvation

Jul 30, 2022 9:17 PM

Jan 2021
I hope nothing bad happens to Chisato. With the Alan Institute ramping things up, something is bound to happen.

Also, that poor Lycoris at the end.

Jul 30, 2022 9:19 PM

Jan 2021
KanpekiNihon2 said:
The fact that Chisato has an artificial heart surprised me as I haven't seen the manga yet.
This is an original, so there is no manga

Jul 30, 2022 9:24 PM
Jul 2022
thanks for the info man it's true that there are original animations that were not adapted but i didn't know this anime was one of them
Jul 30, 2022 9:26 PM
Apr 2022
This episode really sets up the inevitable confrontation between that roadkill driver (voiced by matsuoka himself) and the Lycoris. That was a declaration of war right there.
On the flipside, I'm very curious about Chisato's past. Now we know she has an artificial heart made by the Alan Institute. What is her past with them? What are the circumstances leading to her requiring an artificial heart? Why are they testing her by giving her situations that seem to want to force her to shoot to kill? Does the artifical heart have some other function that gives her super soldier capabilities in bullet dodging?
So many questions that the anime needs to answer down the line
This anime is the standout of the season and I hope it gets better and better
Jul 30, 2022 9:30 PM
Jul 2022
Yes bro this is going to be interesting to see
Jul 30, 2022 10:42 PM

Jun 2021
Biggest news this episode might be that Chisato has a machine heart from a mysterious organization called the Alan Institute and has some kind of “mission” as one of the “Alan Children”. That’s a lot to unpack, looking forward to exploring more next week.

The tour of the city was actually pretty cool, very informative. That really made me want to visit Tokyo lol. It’s been a minute since I’ve even traveled overseas…

Anyways, Abe is gonna be in trouble if he keeps poking his nose into this case with the metro tunnel. Idk why but I thought he knew about Chisato’s other job, but I guess not.

This Silent Jin guy is legit. Got the drop on Mizuki and Takina too, but he was no match for Chisato! I didn’t think all this would be a setup, including the client. Looks like the Lycoris are being targeted one by one and it seems to be connected to Chisato’s pendent, so I guess that means the Alan Institute is involved? Guess that crazy bastard from last week is with them as well.

Lots to unravel next week.
Jul 30, 2022 10:47 PM
Oct 2019
Chisato have Artificial Heart?
Some experiment shit maybe that's why she can dodge bullet.
Oh no, Sad Ending incoming?
Jul 30, 2022 10:48 PM
Oct 2019
KanpekiNihon2 said:
The fact that Chisato has an artificial heart surprised me as I haven't seen the manga yet.

Yeah bro, if only there is a Manga lol
Jul 30, 2022 11:34 PM

Apr 2021
This tone whiplash is so fucking bad.
Jul 30, 2022 11:56 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Dang that Lycoris at the end really got shot up bad even after getting her face bashed in by the speeding car. Although she kind of deserves it for some poor trailing skills and kind of just standing there like a deer staring at the headlights of said speeding car. I'm assuming that Lycoris have somewhat good reaction time??

Also yet again Chisato throws a dude twice her size with one arm after emptying her non-lethal clip into his belly

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jul 31, 2022 12:06 AM

Jul 2022
Still no police/military in action so far, no "criminal/terrorism" case, all handed by "organization"/Lycoris. Wonder if this what that green-haired man trying to "balance".
BanjeeJul 31, 2022 3:04 AM
Jul 31, 2022 12:22 AM

Nov 2016
The lycoris who got killed is so dumb, why she don't kill him sooner instead following all the way to traffic light
Jul 31, 2022 12:38 AM

Oct 2007
funny when Kurumi does not seem to care that Mizuki might be dead. lol
fortunately for them.. this Jin person is sort of a nice guy, even if he is an assassin.

that's a big plot reveal on Chisato having an artificial heart that has no heartbeat. I wonder how the story would proceed on this.
Liddo-kunJul 31, 2022 12:47 AM
Jul 31, 2022 12:48 AM

Feb 2019
another poorly written and poorly directed episode where the terrorists don't feel like a real part of the episode but rather a snack. What a cute and silly show this is and none of this is incongruous with serious and non-serious moments with the supposed plot development because you have 2 police officers investigating the murders, but there is plenty of time for the protagonists to be doing yuribait despite though there are dozens of girls murdered and killers wreaking havoc, the tone of it is still as sugary and moeblob as if it was another k-on bastard clone from over 10 years ago.
Being the only 'surprising' thing that the blonde dropped the casual fact that she is apparently a cyborg and had an accident.
Jul 31, 2022 1:13 AM

Mar 2017
So Jin actually never killed wheelchair guy's family because wheelchair guy was fake after all. Wow, a lot to think about this episode
Jul 31, 2022 1:21 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
There are too many mysteries around Chisato, not even for her heart to be artificial (I wonder why) but the whole Alan institute that wants to control her and made up that whole plan just so she can kill a man, but I wonder what they really want from her, like the mission they gave her 1st.
Jul 31, 2022 1:32 AM
Nov 2018
priduex said:
This episode really sets up the inevitable confrontation between that roadkill driver (voiced by matsuoka himself) and the Lycoris. That was a declaration of war right there.

Right, because Lycoris killing his entire team and him barely surviving the attack was just a joke. You shouldn't have skipped episode 4.
Jul 31, 2022 1:47 AM

Oct 2007
Acctra said:
I hope nothing bad happens to Chisato. With the Alan Institute ramping things up, something is bound to happen.

the writer / writers are clearly making us think something bad might happen to her, with this artificial heart reveal.

makes things more exciting.

we can just hope nothing bad happens.
Liddo-kunJul 31, 2022 1:51 AM
Jul 31, 2022 1:57 AM

Apr 2018
It was awesome! I really like how they keep secrets like this and it makes me more excited for the next episode! Something's gonna happen and before this, i wanna see more yurification scenes ASAP!!!
“Inspiration unlocks the future.”-Caproni

Jul 31, 2022 2:04 AM

May 2020
Jul 31, 2022 2:17 AM

Sep 2018
I would liked to have seen a little more resistance from Jin, in his brief encounter with Chisato. Got my hopes up for a little bit.
Jul 31, 2022 2:38 AM
Nov 2020
Serafos said:
Great episode again. I love to see Chisato and Takina in action. Also, their friendship is so cute to watch.

An artificial heart, huh? Chisato reminds me of Jean-Luc-Picard.

That twist with Mr. Matsushita was pretty shocking.

Also, poor Lycoris who was brutally killed at the end. :(

In my case Chisato's artificial heart reminds me of Tony Stark, they both have artificial hearts.

Regardless of it being artificial, it's still proof that Chisato Nishikigi has a heart.

I'm just kind of worried though since artificial hearts can malfunction out of nowhere and can also short-circuit like what Tony asked Antman to do with his artificial heart in Avengers Endgame.
Jul 31, 2022 2:46 AM
Nov 2020
Liddo-kun said:
Acctra said:

the writer / writers are clearly making us think something bad might happen to her, with this artificial heart reveal.

makes things more exciting.

we can just hope nothing bad happens.

Yes because artificial hearts can malfunction out of nowhere or due to lack of maintenance and can also short-circuit like what Tony asked Antman to do with his artificial heart in Avengers Endgame.
Jul 31, 2022 2:56 AM
Nov 2020
AkeZZZ said:
An artificial heart and a potential cyborg for Chisato, that's were very interesting and can describe everything about her abilities. I really want to know more about her past.

Only her heart is mechanical/artificial, everything else is actual human internal organs even her nerves are human she said so herself. But since she has a mechanical heart she's obtained some things normal humans have like...

She won't get tired easily, her blood won't get pumped so fast. But at the same time she won't actually feel pity on her enemies. Heart sometimes affect humans' actions but since hers is not actually a human heart, she's been the perfect person Alan Institute determines to be the perfecte assassin.
Jul 31, 2022 3:04 AM

Mar 2022
AkeZZZ said:
An artificial heart and a potential cyborg for Chisato.

For some reason I have PMMM flashback
go outside and actually farm plants.
Jul 31, 2022 3:08 AM
Nov 2020
deg said:
i can barely call the action scenes sakuga on that one lol

but Chisato has an artificial heart huh and enhance insight so ye she might be a Cyborg some Transhumanism project

i wonder if Takina might become a Cyborg too then her and Chisato will become enemies in the end

i thought Chisatos wishes are top priority but looks like Alan Institute wants her to do something instead like becoming a cold blooded killer instead of her pacifist choices

Only her heart is mechanical the rest are human, but maybe they're really planning to turn every Lycoris into mindless killing machines that don't disobey orders that's most likely why they condition them to be obedient soldiers.
Jul 31, 2022 3:10 AM
Nov 2019
best anime of the season so far
Jul 31, 2022 3:24 AM
Nov 2020
AkeZZZ said:
An artificial heart and a potential cyborg for Chisato, that's were very interesting and can describe everything about her abilities. I really want to know more about her past.

Her ability to dodge bullets is her own quirk as a human, she's observing her opponents and predicting the trajectory of the bullet.

The benefit of having a mechanical heart is she won't feel tired easily and since her blood flow will be regulated properly so the blood won't circulate fast and make her overheat...Also she won't really feel pity towards her enemies, she also won't fall in love because of that mechanical heart.
Jul 31, 2022 3:26 AM
Nov 2020
[quote=TaiGuoRen message=67028007]
AkeZZZ said:

For some reason I have PMMM flashback[/quote
TaiGuoRen said:
AkeZZZ said:

For some reason I have PMMM flashback

I don't understand why u have flashback of that anime when there's no cyborg nor artificial heart in it.
Jul 31, 2022 3:28 AM
Nov 2020
Safaru said:
At this point i curious if the machine that implanted to chisatos body (heart) have a connection to her outstanding ability to dodge a bullet or its just a pure talent

Her ability to dodge bullets is her own quirk as a human, she's a genius in combat, she's observing her opponents and predicting the trajectory of the bullet. And timing the shot of her opponents.

The benefit of having a mechanical heart is she won't feel tired easily and since her blood flow will be regulated properly so the blood won't circulate fast and make her overheat...Also she won't really feel pity towards her enemies, she also won't fall in love because of that mechanical heart.
Jul 31, 2022 3:32 AM
Nov 2020
davidyodo24 said:
KanpekiNihon2 said:

Yeah bro, if only there is a Manga lol

It's best to stay as an original because if it has a source material, people will only compare the anime to the source and ruin it for everyone who enjoys the anime...Besides originals bring surprise to the viewers.
Jul 31, 2022 3:36 AM
Nov 2020
revyHOLiC said:
The lycoris who got killed is so dumb, why she don't kill him sooner instead following all the way to traffic light

Her order is probably just to follow him around and observe what he'll do.
Jul 31, 2022 3:42 AM
Jul 2018
Please keep the quality, I don't expect the plot will be more interesting like this. Pls no tragic ending :) so far so good as the ep says
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Lycoris Recoil Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 27, 2022

338 by PYuyles »»
Apr 19, 11:45 PM

Poll: » Lycoris Recoil Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2022

441 by AnthonyParrett »»
Apr 16, 6:37 PM

Poll: » Lycoris Recoil Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 20, 2022

218 by Mat2468xk »»
Apr 6, 10:59 AM

Poll: » Lycoris Recoil Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2022

200 by Mat2468xk »»
Apr 4, 11:32 AM

Poll: » Lycoris Recoil Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 6, 2022

222 by Mat2468xk »»
Apr 4, 10:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.