Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Jul 31, 2022 3:53 AM
Nov 2020
RayReynolds said:
another poorly written and poorly directed episode where the terrorists don't feel like a real part of the episode but rather a snack. What a cute and silly show this is and none of this is incongruous with serious and non-serious moments with the supposed plot development because you have 2 police officers investigating the murders, but there is plenty of time for the protagonists to be doing yuribait despite though there are dozens of girls murdered and killers wreaking havoc, the tone of it is still as sugary and moeblob as if it was another k-on bastard clone from over 10 years ago.
Being the only 'surprising' thing that the blonde dropped the casual fact that she is apparently a cyborg and had an accident.

U're one of the minority who dislikes this anime...The development was about Takina opening up to other people and becoming more like a proper teenager. Their only order is to be bodyguards for the old guy in wheelchair, other things concerning the city they leave it to the police since can't act on their own, also because the Lycoris are supposed to be a secret organization that protect the city's peace. As such the police don't really know them.

Lycoris girls are usually not informed of what's going on with other teams, and since Takina and Chisato are no longer working directly for the DA headquarters, DA don't inform them of terrorist wrecking havoc in the city.
Jul 31, 2022 3:53 AM
Nov 2020
thought it was gonna be a fun cute anime turns out they’re going deep im loving it
Jul 31, 2022 4:03 AM
Nov 2020
CickNipolla said:
worst of the episodes so far

How is it even worst? Takina turned from an anti-social and serious girl into someone who's able to open up to others and being able to smile (like Reina from Hibike Euphonium).

We got to know more about Chisato and a bit more about her connection with Alan Institute.

Other members joining the operation to stop the assassin.

More brutal moves from Green hair guy and his goons to kill more Lycoris.
Jul 31, 2022 4:23 AM
Nov 2020
off-season said:
For most of the episode I was thinking what a dumb filler episode it's working out to be. The joke was on me.

There's no filler episode since this is an Original anime, it doesn't have source material.
Jul 31, 2022 4:34 AM
Nov 2020
DreadfulLaw said:
really good episode, it seems the main villain fight is nearing
and now chisato's superhuman abilities make sense cuz of her artificial heart, she literally and figuratively has a heart of steel
and just love the chemistry between chisato and takina, i sooo ship them

Her bullet-dodging came from her own genius brain being able to predict trajectory and time the fire correctly. Her reflexes though are inhuman, but as she said herself, only her heart is artificial the rest are actual human parts.
Jul 31, 2022 5:35 AM

Sep 2014
This show is sooo cute!
And the way they progress the story at the same time as doing some cute fanservice is really amazing imo.

So the Alan institute plans to slowly groom Chisato into becoming a killer? I just hope Takina wont be killed to make Chisato go on a revenge murder spree.
Oh and hopefully the artificial heart cant be turned off remotely..

RIP to that other Lycoris girl, DA is really fucking up badly with the missions. I doubt the whole project will survive the show.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jul 31, 2022 6:00 AM

Jun 2016
just be ready for horrible ending this show !!!

i always amaze with the animation from this !!
Jul 31, 2022 6:47 AM

Mar 2016
Moment that "gramps" comes to the cafe and not asking any of his previous guard to come with him is very suspicious in first place. Then when Mika denied Jin as the gramp's family killer, it becomes sure there is something wrong with this gramp.

Also quite dark past of Chisato.

"Proceed with plan to use that man ..." by Shinji. I wonder which man this refers to, could be Mika, Mashima or Jin? Maybe another new character?

And dang, Mashima just isekai-ed a Lycoris....
Jul 31, 2022 7:56 AM
Review Moderator
Onii Chan

Mar 2018
seraphblade said:
ACasualViewer said:
I don't understand why they just let the assassin go? They could have at least gotten him arrested?

That was explained by Mika saying "You were with me then". He didn't do it; he basically had an alibi. Someone was trying to frame him in order to get Chisato to kill him.

Yeah but he's still an assassin going after an elderly person, he's not someone who should be out free.
Jul 31, 2022 8:07 AM

Jan 2021
Chikuya said:
Please keep the quality, I don't expect the plot will be more interesting like this. Pls no tragic ending :) so far so good as the ep says

A1 Pictures original, it will be sad for sure i guess :(

Or not, who knows! let's enjoy the ride
Jul 31, 2022 8:51 AM
Jun 2022
rip my brain cells
Jul 31, 2022 9:53 AM

Apr 2022
They keep HAMMERING on the point that the Allen institute are evil. This is the 3rd episode in a row, complete with the "Chisato you are already dead!" bs. The worst part about this episode is how they are trying to build up the shitty new antagonist that will most likely be deleted in seconds by Chisato when they eventually meet so I have no idea what the writers are doing anymore.
More cute lesbot moments less stupid plot please.
I may make you feel but I can't make you think.

Jul 31, 2022 10:21 AM

Apr 2021
Shirowhite01 said:
off-season said:
For most of the episode I was thinking what a dumb filler episode it's working out to be. The joke was on me.

There's no filler episode since this is an Original anime, it doesn't have source material.

That's two jokes on me then!
Jul 31, 2022 10:54 AM

Feb 2014
I wonder if I'm the only one who thinks that Jin looks very similar to adult Waver/Lord El Melloi from the Fate franchise?

Anyways, this episode had a good amount of surprises that certainly fooled me rather easily. I thought that Matsushita was talking to Chisato and the other via the communicator similar to Stephan Hawkings, but it turns out that it was someone else who was talking to them this whole time. The aim was to try and make Chisato kill someone, but even then, she still refused to do so.

We also know now that Chisato has an artificial heart which keeps her alive, all thanks to the Alan Institute, who seems like they wanted to make her into the perfect assassin. Jin also has some history with Mika in the past, so it makes me wonder if we'll see him again.

Once again, the green-haired psycho made killing the lone Lycoris look so easy by simply baiting her to follow one guy and when she took out her gun to aim at the guy, he comes charging down the road in a Nissan GT-R, running her over before having his henchman shoot dozens of bullets into her to make sure she's dead. Talk about a brutal way to die... =(

I'm thinking things are going to get progressively darker with the way the story is going at the moment. I do look forward to what could possibly happen next, twists and all. =)
Jul 31, 2022 11:10 AM

May 2020
Shirowhite01 said:
CickNipolla said:
worst of the episodes so far

How is it even worst? Takina turned from an anti-social and serious girl into someone who's able to open up to others and being able to smile (like Reina from Hibike Euphonium).

We got to know more about Chisato and a bit more about her connection with Alan Institute.

takina did not have any development this episode

green hair guy got a 15 second clip
Jul 31, 2022 1:37 PM

Nov 2016
Fingers crossed for a devastating ending xD

That might sound weird for some people, but slice of lifey fluff and a wholesome relationship are served best with tragedy. The action doesn't have to be the only contrasting factor.

Very nice episode again, it's crazy how much I'm enjoying this.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 31, 2022 3:06 PM

Mar 2010
They fooled me with that fake wheel chair guy.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jul 31, 2022 3:11 PM

Jul 2022
Shirowhite01 said:
DreadfulLaw said:
really good episode, it seems the main villain fight is nearing
and now chisato's superhuman abilities make sense cuz of her artificial heart, she literally and figuratively has a heart of steel
and just love the chemistry between chisato and takina, i sooo ship them

Her bullet-dodging came from her own genius brain being able to predict trajectory and time the fire correctly. Her reflexes though are inhuman, but as she said herself, only her heart is artificial the rest are actual human parts.

well the heart pumps blood to the whole body, so having an artificial heart could mean she has a stronger body, maybe.
Jul 31, 2022 7:44 PM

Aug 2018
Things are getting intriguing.
The thing about Chisato's heart and that Alan high school thing, what's his mission? Hmm.
We'll have to see, good chapter.

Jul 31, 2022 8:44 PM

Apr 2020
LycoReco loves to do these kinds of things: make the main characters look cool and sweet, have an awesome fight scene and pew pew shooting, and lastly make some plot twist at the end once the action thrill is over.

Another twist pulled off this episode after the Walnut is Kurumi stuff, but before we knew that Chisato and Takina did well to guide "Mr. Matsushita" to a tour in Tokyo. Jin was also a nice antagonist for this episode, he really is a silent badass. And I wonder what history he has with Mika.

Also umm Chisato has an artifical heart, that is a shocker. What worries me with that info is when "Matsushita" mentioned the Alan Institute, which gives me the theory that if Chisato doesn't want to do her "mission" then she might get plugged off like Matsushita and...we'll wait and see.

Another Lycoris is dead and the sick man continues to wreak havoc, so before him and our main duo meet, we have Takina lying to check Chisato's heart that doesn't beat but gives love to us all that enjoys this series. What a nice episode we had this time around.
Jul 31, 2022 8:57 PM
Jan 2022
Higoram said:
Now I really think Chisato will die by the end of the anime.

true af bro, the anime really be giving off that red flag
Jul 31, 2022 9:45 PM

May 2017
well I thought this was wholesome but it was actually a creepy conspiracy by the Alan Institute. I'm excited to see what happens with Chisato next ✌ the scene at the end with Takina's head on Chisato's chest 😭😭 so cute. She just says "it's okay, there's no one else here" (or something like that I can't remember the exact quote 😅😆) very cute 💕
Jul 31, 2022 9:56 PM

Jan 2021
Great episode! I’m really enjoying this anime so far. I can’t wait to see how chisato and takinas’ relationship develops.

Jul 31, 2022 10:53 PM
Nov 2020
DreadfulLaw said:
Shirowhite01 said:

well the heart pumps blood to the whole body, so having an artificial heart could mean she has a stronger body, maybe.

The mechanical heart might be working in a different way, sure it might pump blood but may not be the same way as an actual human heart.

It might not be pumping more blood when she runs so she won't overheat fast, that would explain how she's able to move around so fast without worry. And if that's the case she won't get tired so easily...But at the same time she won't be feeling any pity towards her opponents which is perfect for Alan Institute to make her an assassin.

And since she has a mechanical heart, she won't fall in love as well. She won't exactly understand the concept of love because of having a mechanical heart. Actual human heart can affect the emotions and actions of humans.
Jul 31, 2022 10:56 PM
Nov 2020
CickNipolla said:
Shirowhite01 said:

takina did not have any development this episode

green hair guy got a 15 second clip

Takina's developments started from episode 2-4, while in Episode 5 she got closer to Chisato.

But yeah Green hair guy needs more screentime to build up the encounter between his team and Chisato's team.
Jul 31, 2022 11:02 PM
Oct 2021
I've given up on anyone in this city ever hearing anything or seeing anything while the action is happening.

The mechanical heart is a massive work of science considering it's functioning like a normal heart for Chisato through all the demanding physical feats she's performing, and it'll be more amaizing the earlier the time of implantation happened.

So now we have terrorists in construction worker's outfits vs teenage agents in high school outfits. I'm rooting for the terrorists honestly.
Aug 1, 2022 3:04 AM

Oct 2014
Excellent. More ship fuel between Chisato and Takina.
Aug 1, 2022 3:37 AM

Jul 2022
Shirowhite01 said:
DreadfulLaw said:

The mechanical heart might be working in a different way, sure it might pump blood but may not be the same way as an actual human heart.

It might not be pumping more blood when she runs so she won't overheat fast, that would explain how she's able to move around so fast without worry. And if that's the case she won't get tired so easily...But at the same time she won't be feeling any pity towards her opponents which is perfect for Alan Institute to make her an assassin.

And since she has a mechanical heart, she won't fall in love as well. She won't exactly understand the concept of love because of having a mechanical heart. Actual human heart can affect the emotions and actions of humans.

bruh i'm pretty sure emotions come mostly from the brain
Aug 1, 2022 8:45 AM

Oct 2008
haha Kirito voice is picking-off Lycoris one by one dirty method!
5/5.

Aug 1, 2022 9:44 AM
Dec 2020
Good episode with a nice twist, and Idk but it feels like Chisato will die by the end of the series
DreadfulLaw said:

Ig dude forgot biology
Aug 1, 2022 10:12 AM

Jan 2020
On the contrary, Takina should definitely touch Chisato's boobs in public. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

This was a very interesting episode. I'm certainly intrigued by Chisato's heart. Was she pronounced dead and then given a heart? Or was it just some sort of disease that resulted in a surgery? Did they give her a heart for the sake of being a human weapon? My body is ready for the Chisato backstory episode.

I wasn't expecting that old man to be used like that either. That was an unique twist, and it seems like whoever did it is trying to push Chisato down a darker path.

That was a pretty brutal ending too. Hitting a Lyocris with their car and then just unloading clips into her. Looks like things are going to get more and more wild now.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Aug 1, 2022 10:18 AM

Mar 2014
Okay first of all the action is great and this is exactly what I want, not a lot of those bs bullet dodging shit

And second now it's reveal that Chisato has an artificial heart and the Alan institute is involve in all of this perhaps even the mastermind

Finally that Lycoris getting hit by a car and shot... that was really brutal

Also Chisato and Takina is really cute couple, I can't get enough seeing them
Aug 1, 2022 8:34 PM

Aug 2018
Why is everyone flagging Chisato to die by the end? If Shinji's goal is to get her to kill again, wouldn't offing Takina (or someone else in the café) stand the best chance of sending her into "revenge mode?"
Set SCE to AUX
Aug 2, 2022 1:46 AM
Apr 2018
CHISATO da ril mysterious girl...
Aug 2, 2022 3:53 AM

Oct 2016
Fuck man, you can't just drop that bombshell on me just like that, slice of life am I right, literally.

From fluff to murder to depression to fluff, I love this show, but please no tragic ending.

I guess Chisato confirmed to not get tired as well. So the Alan Institute save crippled peoples lives and turns them into cyborg weapons? Jesus.

The background Lycoris can't catch a fucking break.
Aug 2, 2022 7:57 AM

Feb 2021
I know realism has played a very minor role in this anime, but how come Chisato loses a guy in a wheelchair? Like, he couldn't have run and even if he could Chisato would've or should've noticed.

It seems Alan institute is trying to make Chisato a cold blooded assassin or something.
"Nobody could laugh at someone who's trying their hardest" -Machio-

Aug 2, 2022 8:03 AM

Feb 2021
LoveScope said:
They keep HAMMERING on the point that the Allen institute are evil. This is the 3rd episode in a row, complete with the "Chisato you are already dead!" bs. The worst part about this episode is how they are trying to build up the shitty new antagonist that will most likely be deleted in seconds by Chisato when they eventually meet so I have no idea what the writers are doing anymore.
Same. I feel this green haired dude is not a threat whatsoever to the Lycoris. I mean, aren't Lycoris professionally trained to be better than most terrorists? Well so far the ones that are dying are the 'lower class' Lycoris.
"Nobody could laugh at someone who's trying their hardest" -Machio-

Aug 2, 2022 9:15 AM

Nov 2009
Yuu_Kanzaki said:
LoveScope said:
Same. I feel this green haired dude is not a threat whatsoever to the Lycoris. I mean, aren't Lycoris professionally trained to be better than most terrorists? Well so far the ones that are dying are the 'lower class' Lycoris.

[Chisato defeats and (hopefully) kills that guy] is what Alan Institute planning.

The main antagonist (Shinji)'s motivation is to force Chisato to kill people. They believe that 'a genius' is gift from the god to humanity, even a genius of killing like Chisato should have a stage to show her talent. To that end, Shinji use Alan Institute money to support terrorists (in the form of arms trade) in order to turn them into a threat big enough that can force Chisato to drop her no-kill policy.

That's the plot so far.

Marina2Aug 2, 2022 9:35 AM
Aug 2, 2022 10:23 AM

Apr 2022
Yuu_Kanzaki said:
LoveScope said:

He had to run from low level lycoris agents to not get murdered and only won because he had planted bombs beforehand. The main antagonist is obviously not him but the ANAL institute.
I may make you feel but I can't make you think.

Aug 2, 2022 1:38 PM
Mar 2022
Can't wait for next episode next week
Love chisato and takina ❤❤❤
Aug 2, 2022 2:44 PM

Nov 2009
Huh... interesting...

So apparently not only are the Lycoris some sort of "Ultra secret service Navy seals Illuminatis", but Chisato is also somehow an agent of "order 66".... LOL

___ ___ ___

So... basically the entire Lycoris system is corrupted from the literal Top... (in conjunction with Allan Institute)

Where the entire system is actually to make a "protector" into the "ultimate killer" (which was given to us at the beginning of episode 1, where they showed the young girls had no issue killing people regardless if the offenders were just standing by and not doing anything) (such as Takina before she met Chisato)

And this episode, the old dude was literally "brain controlled" into making up of a plot that didn't exist just so they can try and make Chisato kill Jin.

Which apparently Jin is actually innocent as stated by Mika that the "plot" from the old dude contradict his own memories of Jin being with him at the time the old dude's family was supposedly killed.

___ ___ ___

And now that Mika sorta figures out what's going on... I have a feeling they'll eliminateAccident Mika before he reveals the truth to Chisato. (just as they cut off life supply to the old man just as the old man was about to tell Chisato about Allan Insititute)

Either that or they'll also "mind control" Mika just as they did with the old man, they have the tech apparently to do so.

Allan Institute be "Evil Elon Musk" where they finished developing the Neural Tech and has the money/ resources to do anything they want.
amlgAug 2, 2022 2:54 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Aug 2, 2022 10:46 PM

May 2019
Rasco said:
They fooled me with that fake wheel chair guy.

Man, I was totally fooled too, talk about a plot twist.

So Chisato has an artificial heart, the old guy in the wheelchair's background story was fake and was being manipulated/controlled remotely just so someone/some group (maybe Alan?) can try to get Chisato to kill the assassin, Kurumi seemed strangely disappointed that Mizuki wasn't dead, Mashima (green haired bad guy) is picking off Lycoris girls, Mika may have made some type of connection after hearing that Chisato was ordered to kill, did I get all the main points? So many questions and people saying that Chisato may be flagged to be killed?! Say it ain't so! Kind of looking forward to the next episode but not if Chisato or Takina get seriously injured/killed...
Aug 3, 2022 2:39 AM

Nov 2012
fck, those cold kills always got me for bad, it drives me mad, poor girl

My Candies:

Aug 3, 2022 3:48 AM
Feb 2021
I didn't understand one thing is walnut a bad person because the one who hacked DA was walnut right? and why the other hacker wanted to kill walnut?
Aug 3, 2022 12:37 PM
Apr 2022
Takina has taken a real liking to Chisato. I hope we have more intimate moments like the end with Takina and Chisato just spending time with each other. On the other hand, the story seems to ramping up for a lot of intense action and drama.
Aug 4, 2022 5:57 AM
Nov 2020
DreadfulLaw said:
Shirowhite01 said:

Emotions like Happiness, Sadness etc come from the brain but without the heart it's almost not possible to feel compassion towards others as well as knowing how to pity the unfortunate as well as ur enemies.

If Chisato's past includes her being a cold-blooded killer then it'd make sense why she's so bubbly and full of energy all the time now, perhaps to forget some trauma in the past and decided not to kill even her enemies now not because she pity them but more like to convince herself that she has a new life as a Cafe employee as well as a Lycoris no longer in HQ.

She used to be a part of a team prior to the terrorist attack on the tower. Maybe she accidentally killed some of her teammates.
Aug 4, 2022 4:21 PM

Jul 2016
another boring episode from this overrated show.

I should be given credit for being able to hang in there even after 5 episodes , worst yet its not even half of the episodes yet -_-
Aug 5, 2022 7:42 AM

Oct 2007
knktzvra said:
fck, those cold kills always got me for bad, it drives me mad, poor girl

here's something that might make you feel better.

found a Chisato and Takina fanart. I like their smiles here. ^^

Aug 5, 2022 10:42 AM

May 2015
This time it was Sportcar-kun. Truck-kun is innocnet!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Aug 6, 2022 1:38 AM

Nov 2016
Shirowhite01 said:
revyHOLiC said:
The lycoris who got killed is so dumb, why she don't kill him sooner instead following all the way to traffic light

Her order is probably just to follow him around and observe what he'll do.
she clearly gonna shoot him, until r35 hit her instead
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Lycoris Recoil Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 27, 2022

338 by PYuyles »»
Apr 19, 11:45 PM

Poll: » Lycoris Recoil Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2022

441 by AnthonyParrett »»
Apr 16, 6:37 PM

Poll: » Lycoris Recoil Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 20, 2022

218 by Mat2468xk »»
Apr 6, 10:59 AM

Poll: » Lycoris Recoil Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2022

200 by Mat2468xk »»
Apr 4, 11:32 AM

Poll: » Lycoris Recoil Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 6, 2022

222 by Mat2468xk »»
Apr 4, 10:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.