Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jul 12, 2022 10:45 AM

Feb 2019
It's a comedy show, so who cares
Jul 12, 2022 10:52 AM
Apr 2022
i think him not figuring out yor's secret identity despite is so obvious is for comic relief
Jul 12, 2022 11:17 AM
Jul 2021
When I was reading the manga I expected some sort of clever manipulation by Yor to hide it but the writer was just like PLOT REASONS, but I just learned to not think too much when reading or watching this one and just have fun and honestly I had tons of fun
Jul 12, 2022 11:28 AM
Dec 2020
i agree this bothered me when i was watching but the plot wouldn’t work without this plot hole so whatev. also loid makes a lot of mistakes that made me think spies in ostania aren’t that good for him to be considered the best
Jul 12, 2022 11:45 AM

May 2021
dylpickles said:
Gween_Gween said:
How can people here state that this is for the sake of the plot and think that they did something other than expressing the obvious lmao

can you not handle seeing ppl express things they don’t like about a series you like? The thread wasn’t to sound smart, it’s a fair complaint , the show is illogical and I don’t feel like it deserves to be critically acclaimed amongst the greatest anime ever for that specific reason. Still enjoy it a lot and will continue watching

You obviously didnt even understand my comment, I'm saying that explaining that this is for the plot is stupid, it is obvious that this is for the plot, the question is whether it works or not

Jul 12, 2022 12:01 PM

Jun 2021
ayaan692 said:
he is practically living with yor but still didnt figured out she is an assasin or atleast does something as a job which is not "normal"

yor isnt even good at hiding it. some examples would be her using pressure points against these animals or her gushing over deadly weapons in the museum. any decent spy should have caught that 3 times over.

a very obvious plothole in that series what do you guys think?

That's not a plot hole that's one of the main plot convenience or plot device you can say. Without it the series wouldn't exist being the wholesome story it is supposed to be 💀
Jul 12, 2022 12:36 PM
Jul 2019
no one fucking cares go outside
Jul 12, 2022 12:38 PM
Mar 2022
V3RTIX said:
ayaan692 said:
he is practically living with yor but still didnt figured out she is an assasin or atleast does something as a job which is not "normal"

yor isnt even good at hiding it. some examples would be her using pressure points against these animals or her gushing over deadly weapons in the museum. any decent spy should have caught that 3 times over.

Yeah, dude, I think the same. No wonder why the information war between agencies is still on with those spies lol Ikr this is prolly fanservice but it's still ridiculous. What kind of spy is that who doesn't even know who is his wife. However, I think we shouldn't look for logic in this cuz it's just an anime.

he simply looked at her papers and saw her fake job. For him it's enough and don't need investigation.

Also I don't think he has the time to search the truth.
Jul 12, 2022 12:54 PM
Jun 2021
youre right but they just added those scenes because of the comedy so it probably doesnt play the biggest role in the storyline so far
Jul 12, 2022 1:25 PM
Dec 2020
It’s not a plot hole; it’s a gag.
Jul 12, 2022 1:44 PM
Jul 2018
Carnivorze said:
V3RTIX said:

Yeah, dude, I think the same. No wonder why the information war between agencies is still on with those spies lol Ikr this is prolly fanservice but it's still ridiculous. What kind of spy is that who doesn't even know who is his wife. However, I think we shouldn't look for logic in this cuz it's just an anime.

he simply looked at her papers and saw her fake job. For him it's enough and don't need investigation.

Also, I don't think he has the time to search for the truth.
While being a spy Loid should be more careful with people he barely knows especially when that person lives in the same apartment. Also, he has a very important mission and the future of his country depends on it so I think he should be more suspicious about newly met people who might be his enemies. I think it's not a big deal to check completely one more person for a spy who seems to be a "legend" in his profession.
Jul 12, 2022 1:47 PM
Jun 2022
While you’re not wrong, it’s definitely a part of the show’s “comedy.” Although, at the same time, Loid seems to lack common sense sometimes.

So while I was watching it, I just wrote it off as “He’s able to do these things, and his coworkers are probably capable of similar things, so he just sees her athletic abilities as something normal”
Jul 12, 2022 1:49 PM
Feb 2019
Gween_Gween said:
dylpickles said:

can you not handle seeing ppl express things they don’t like about a series you like? The thread wasn’t to sound smart, it’s a fair complaint , the show is illogical and I don’t feel like it deserves to be critically acclaimed amongst the greatest anime ever for that specific reason. Still enjoy it a lot and will continue watching

You obviously didnt even understand my comment, I'm saying that explaining that this is for the plot is stupid, it is obvious that this is for the plot, the question is whether it works or not

You are 100% correct I completely misread your comment. I actually agree with your point, my apologies
Jul 12, 2022 1:55 PM

Jul 2021
well i dont think anyone cares

Friends are nothing more than the people who you spend the fun, yet meaningless times with. When those times get rough, they aren’t there to support you.

My Mushoku Tensei Review
Jul 12, 2022 2:09 PM
May 2017
So what? Oh you want loid recognize yor is an assasin then where the plot goes? Is it really needed? I swear some ppl really thirst of attention this one behaviour of overlooking in big show is the example
mumunJul 12, 2022 2:27 PM
Jul 12, 2022 2:27 PM
Jan 2021
That’s part of the comedy bro, it’s not a plot hole, it’s so very obvious to see that that is part of the humor.
The right mindset when watching an anime is hoping that it will break your top 10
Jul 12, 2022 2:48 PM
Nov 2019
Ljwatson11 said:
You don’t have to be an assassin to know pressure points anyone can learn them and pretty easily, Liking weapons doesn’t make you an assassin I love katana’s but I’m not an assassin

this is true. I know all about pressure points because I liked the idea of ending a fight as quickly and painlessly (no bruises, punches, bleeding, etc.) as possible, and I love weapons a bunch to the point I have a large collection of swords and knives alike.
Jul 12, 2022 2:50 PM
Nov 2019
ayaan692 said:
Ljwatson11 said:
You don’t have to be an assassin to know pressure points anyone can learn them and pretty easily, Liking weapons doesn’t make you an assassin I love katana’s but I’m not an assassin

be honest with yourself shouldnt a decent spy figure out if he is living with an assassin? specially when the assassin is terrible at hiding it.

there are like 10 more hints like yor playing with her knife at the resturant or her listing up all the ways how people die in the mock interview etc.

there is no way around to hide this plothole unless they admit loid is a very bad spy

this really isn't just an assassin thing. I actually do this (maybe not as extreme now) but I have done those exact things.
Jul 12, 2022 2:53 PM
Nov 2019
Kasutoro-Kun said:
Ljwatson11 said:

you could learn pressure points but actually executing them during a fight is something totally different. That takes extreme skill that only an assassin or a fighter can do. Even then fighters aren't that good at hitting someone's pressure points during a fight.

again, this is entirely speculation. I don't fight, not am I an assassin, but I know and can execute the usage of pressure points. I have done it a few times as well, mostly for situations where I needed to keep someone down/out of commission until help arrived.
Jul 12, 2022 3:10 PM
Sep 2020
ayaan692 said:

it's for comedy purpose so let it slide
Jul 12, 2022 3:48 PM

Oct 2021
soniyay said:
who cares he's a great DAD and a DADDY. 🥰

lmao dad is fine but...
daddy 💀
since reddit did some memes about daddy in a sexual context, daddy has a whole new meaning in the internet.
yes.
Jul 12, 2022 3:58 PM
Scout
Sep 2021
ayaan692 said:

Ok, I'll take you're a decent spy with years of government training then?
Jul 12, 2022 4:29 PM
May 2022
he always make his job, so, its not the perfect spy, but still good
Jul 12, 2022 4:38 PM

Jul 2017
You're taking this family fun series too seriously lmao

Jul 12, 2022 4:39 PM

Aug 2015
"My Japanese cartoon, which happens to include a little girl who can read minds, is unrealistic."

You don't say
Controversial opinions
Jul 12, 2022 4:48 PM

Aug 2019
It would be nice if they didn’t have to sacrifice some of the realism for the comedy but it really isn’t that big of a deal.
Jul 12, 2022 5:41 PM

Jul 2019
Again, complain all you want with your logic. However, at the end of the day, the core of this series is family. The essence of this show is the appeal of the relationship between the three. It's a dynamic that's worth the show.

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-
Jul 12, 2022 5:50 PM

Sep 2007
Ljwatson11 said:

Yup, who doesn't learna few pressure points from self defense stuff and liking or even collecting weaponry doesn't make you an assassin.

or else some agency is REALLY pissed I haven't logged any contracts with the thirty odd swords/axes/bows I own. :/
Jul 12, 2022 6:07 PM

Jul 2016
Yeah, you are right. Probably one of the very few aspects I disliked about the show.
Jul 12, 2022 7:01 PM
Jun 2020
ayaan692 said:

Bro it’s a comedy anime
Jul 12, 2022 8:28 PM
Mar 2021
ayaan692 said:

that's not a problem because that's not what this show is trying to sell.
Jul 12, 2022 8:48 PM
Mar 2021
I mean his a spy not an investigator so it more about people not finding out about him then finding other people out plus it’s a comedy anime soo
Jul 12, 2022 11:25 PM

Dec 2021
ayaan692 said:

he myt have already figured it out but since he wants his family to be safe, he myt just not show it
Jul 13, 2022 1:16 AM

Jan 2021
I don't know man he seems pretty decent to me
Jul 13, 2022 2:09 AM
Jun 2021
I say, Loid is not terrible Spy (according to story he is professional spy called Twilight) and Yor is not terrible Assassin.
Rather, we should just consider that both are good in hiding their true identities.
Both of them make their true profile unnoticeable except Anya (Telepath) who knows everything.

That make things Hype up
so Fasten your seats up Folks.... show is warming up :)
Jul 13, 2022 2:12 AM

Jun 2012
ayaan692 said:

its a comedy, its not a plot hole but a haha he doesnt know thing
dont overanalyze everything
Jul 13, 2022 4:52 AM

Jun 2020
Your head would get hurt if you take things too serious
Jul 13, 2022 6:09 AM

Nov 2020
terrible show, terrible character and terrible fandom full of 13 year olds

"I don't know about you
But I'm feeling 22
Everything will be alright if
You keep me next to you
You don't know about me
But I'll bet you want to
Everything will be alright if

We just keep dancing like we're 22, 22"
Jul 13, 2022 9:51 AM

Nov 2013
This thread again, expecting a comedy show to be taking itself seriously.

The same way no one questions or cares about Anya having unnatural pink hair, no one seriously cares how it's humanely possible for a woman to knock out a bull with bare hands in 2 hits!

There are plenty of weird shit happening in this fictitious world that would be considered suspicious and virtually impossible in real life. Expecting a character to apply real-world logic is just ludicrous. It's even more pathetic when logic and realism is expected in a comedy show! "Best Spy" is defined differently in this show, obviously. Why is this so hard for some to understand?

People who are "fun" at parties...
Jul 13, 2022 10:15 AM

Nov 2013
@Khushal_v

even more weird thing is that he didn't figured out anya's power yet, it was so obvious for any random person to figure it out

Yeah, any random person would assume Espers are real and not end up in an asylum shortly after.
Jul 13, 2022 11:34 AM
May 2022
This doesn't really bother me.
Jul 13, 2022 12:52 PM
Feb 2021
ayaan692 said:

i truly think that atleast if it wasn't for comedy purposes he would have found out in like the fourth episode but since it will get kinda boring if he just knew instantly and since it's hinted that loid is supposed to truly fall in love with yor i think he's definitely gonna back off and leave her instantly if he found out she's an assassin but i think we shouldn't look more deeply into the logics of it since it's purely just a comedy show.
Jul 13, 2022 1:19 PM

Jan 2021
Yeah sure because you a professional spy yourself.

Also get a sense of humor.
Jul 13, 2022 2:00 PM
Jan 2022
I mean yes that makes perfect sense but I think you’re overthinking it and the series is supposed to be more comedy than logic. Logically Loid would have found out but it would have ruined the whole show and that’s no fun.
Jul 13, 2022 2:43 PM
Jul 2022
loid does what he can and was able to convince the stupid neighbors. and if he found out yor was an assassin it would ruin the fam. Anya, a child, still loves yor and she knows yor is an assassin. if loid found out anya would b diagnosed with depression. if anyone else doesn’t agree ur stupid. and loid was able to do the stupid penguin thing perfectly. So don’t diss loid
Jul 13, 2022 2:58 PM
Jun 2022
ayaan692 said:

It is not a plothole.
a. She works undercover,
b. Anya helps both sides to hide their true nature
c. Both of them have acceptable alibis for their actions, both personalities lack making communication that gets each other aware of each other. Clumsy Yor and not common profession Loid.
d. Exactly how he didn't get the info about her brother real work. He is too busy hiding his own stuff.
Would you risk your cover looking at some civil you happen to be living with? Since that accident with Anya, he probably has hidden spy stuff better, just like Yor's Hit stuff (she receives her missions at work and Loyd didn't take his time bugging her).

The tension of will they get the secret out is a plot point that can be used later on, "I knew all along but I love you, so it does not matter" and "I have to eliminate you now" tropes.
Which is probably true for her as you've the nade ring scene.

tl;dr; Keep friends close, enemies even closer.
Jul 13, 2022 3:43 PM
Oct 2020
Mashuu1 said:
You aren't wrong but I don't think it matters.

/thread

(Character Requirement)
Jul 13, 2022 5:14 PM
Jul 2018
Of course he is, the show is a comedy.
Jul 13, 2022 9:05 PM

Jan 2011
i wouldnt say he is "terrible" i mean he is getting several jobs done at the same time, as for his inability to figure that theres something wrong about Yorr, well that isnt causing him or his agency any problems so far
Jul 14, 2022 12:53 AM
Apr 2022
Kasutoro-Kun said:
Ljwatson11 said:

you could learn pressure points but actually executing them during a fight is something totally different. That takes extreme skill that only an assassin or a fighter can do. Even then fighters aren't that good at hitting someone's pressure points during a fight.

that and she nearly beat the hell out of him while drunk.

but yeah it's a comedy thing, like how Yuri can't figure it out either even when she comes home covered in blo9d repeatedly
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 30, 2022

402 by Fenc »»
Apr 24, 11:13 AM

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2022

490 by Aleesaa »»
Apr 22, 12:16 AM

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 11, 2022

320 by boumboumboum »»
Apr 9, 5:52 PM

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 4, 2022

247 by nyxzded »»
Apr 9, 2:42 AM

Poll: » Spy x Family Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2022

643 by SephiHakubi »»
Mar 31, 6:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.