Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 4, 2022 5:23 PM
Sep 2021
As you guys know Solo Leveling is coming out and it has the potential to be the next big thing in anime community. And A1 studio is animating it ,heard it does it pretty greatly. But look i don't want SL to have just a better animation, i want it to have a godly animation cuz SL fans know what a godly action it has. Please please I'm begging you don't give us CGI shadows because his shadows are one of the reasons Solo Leveling is this good. At least give us all main shadows like Igris, Beru, Bellion, Iron etc without CGI. I pray to go that Hopefully my expectations aren't ruined. Thank You
Jul 4, 2022 5:38 PM

Mar 2020
Jul 4, 2022 5:40 PM

Sep 2020
I haven’t seen too many A-1 action series, but they have good CGI. I also haven’t read Solo Leveling so I don’t know how complex the fights are.

However there will most likely be CGI but not in the bad sense. Kaguya used CGI sometimes for dynamic camera movements so I think we will get CGI in that sense in this show too. 86 also has CGI for that use and also for fight scenes. A-1’s CGI is pretty good. Not as good as MAPPA’s or Ufotable but it’s still good.

I don’t think they are going to use 3D models though, as CGI most of the time doesn’t look too good for models and they know how big this iP is.

Edit: after reading the spoiler tag above me, Yeah they will use CGI for that
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 4, 2022 5:40 PM
Feb 2021
Well lower your expectations cuz they are definitely using CG
Jul 4, 2022 5:43 PM

Mar 2020
Yuri_Niji said:
I haven’t seen too many A-1 action series, but they have good CGI. I also haven’t read Solo Leveling so I don’t know how complex the fights are.

However there will most likely be CGI but not in the bad sense. Kaguya used CGI sometimes for dynamic camera movements so I think we will get CGI in that sense in this show too. 86 also has CGI for that use and also for fight scenes. A-1’s CGI is pretty good. Not as good as MAPPA’s or Ufotable but it’s still good.

I don’t think they are going to use 3D models though, as CGI most of the time doesn’t look too good for models and they know how big this iP is.

the CGI in eighty six is great
Jul 4, 2022 5:48 PM
Community Mod
Undead

Mar 2022
Dude wants the animators to suffer.

It's inevitable.

Jul 4, 2022 5:49 PM
Apr 2022
CGI in Eighty Six is pog tho but maybe because it's heavily mecha and robotic stuff
Jul 4, 2022 5:50 PM
Jan 2021
honestly regardless of the cgi or not im hyped. For a while there i didnt think it was going to get an anime adaptation but now that it has hopefully its good. Cant wait!!!
CANDY:

Jul 4, 2022 6:08 PM
Jun 2021
there are definitely gonna be cg shadows. disappointing but inevitable
Jul 4, 2022 6:39 PM
Oct 2018
it's inevitable lol let's just hope it's not too unnatural 😊
Jul 4, 2022 6:54 PM
Nov 2021
BlackShonen said:
Yuri_Niji said:

a1 doesn’t do the cg in eighty six
Jul 4, 2022 7:01 PM
May 2021
spiritzqt said:
BlackShonen said:

They did use CGI in 86
Jul 4, 2022 7:02 PM
Nov 2021
8man_hikki said:
spiritzqt said:

They did use CGI in 86
yes but they don’t do the cg their is a dedicated 3rd party cg studio that did all the fights in eighty six
Jul 4, 2022 8:41 PM
Jun 2022
I have yet to see an anime with good CGI, it never looks good and honestly almost always ruins the show imo. If there’s CGI in this one, I doubt I’ll finish the whole first season regardless of how good the story is
Jul 4, 2022 9:48 PM
Feb 2021
Some of y'all have no understanding of animation and it shows.
Jul 4, 2022 10:59 PM
May 2021
i think A-1 pictures should collaborate with ufotable because they have the best cgi animators in the industry currently, just look at the 3 heaven's feel movies or there is orange studio also.
Jul 4, 2022 11:26 PM

Feb 2021
They will use CG, but not so much, I think, like in 86 for robots. It looks great in it!
Jul 4, 2022 11:36 PM

Jul 2021
are you seriously expecting them to animate thousands of complex shadows for a fight scene, not to mention there are so many fights with the shadows especially the last one. they're definitely using cgi for it. but a-1's cgi is pretty good so don't worry

Friends are nothing more than the people who you spend the fun, yet meaningless times with. When those times get rough, they aren’t there to support you.

My Mushoku Tensei Review
Jul 5, 2022 12:42 AM
Sep 2021
BlackShonen said:
i suggest you to reread my comment again 🙂
Jul 5, 2022 12:47 AM
Sep 2021
adeeb91 said:
are you seriously expecting them to animate thousands of complex shadows for a fight scene, not to mention there are so many fights with the shadows especially the last one. they're definitely using cgi for it. but a-1's cgi is pretty good so don't worry
my friend thats why i said at least they should animate Main shadows Like Igris, Beru etc not lile a whole army. Please do read the whole comment before writing yours 🙏
Jul 5, 2022 12:48 AM
Sep 2021
Yuri_Niji said:

Yuri_Niji said:

true 86 CGI was outstanding. But will they be able to deliver the same quality in Solo Leveling?
Jul 5, 2022 12:49 AM
Sep 2021
intentzy14 said:
There is a third party involved when it comes to CGI, though I can't for other studios as they probably have a team of their own. In the case of 86, it was done by Shirogumi.

If you look closely at the opening/ending credits, you can see who worked at CGs as they are usually romanized and are capitalized enough to see. But most of the time, it's in Japanese.

As for not using it (CG), I'm sorry to say that it is inevitable. First, a lot of scenes require a vast amount of detailing.

Second is budget, doing it all hand by hand would cost tons of money and the studio might go bankrupt.

Third is time, corresponding to the first reasoning, doing that would cause delays and it might be dropped.

Fourth, using it on an Anime does not mean it will be fully CGI-reliant (well, idk but…). C'mon, it's not like it's gonna be Ex-Arm or gdMean level, or does it? Have some faith.

In other words, using Computer Generated Imagery (or whatever) doesn't mean it will put a dead weight. Well sure, seeing it fully drawn by hand is amazing, but you gotta consider things. There are some elements that “would be only/would be easier” done by utilizing this technology.

PS: You can take this with a grain of salt.
thats some great explanation. Well lets hope the CGI is good. Thanks buddy 🙏
Jul 5, 2022 12:52 AM

Jul 2020
You must've not seen how good A-1 Pictures is with their cgi.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Jul 5, 2022 1:25 AM
May 2019
Yuri_Niji said:

SL has huge armies and half of the fun is seeing characters that were introduced earlier in those armies. SL is completely based on it's action and art, if they decide to CGI any of it, it'll completely ruin the experience.

No CGI is good, it's extremely noticeable. Stuff like 86 is bearable because it has other factors aside from art, SL doesn't.

A-1 will more than likely completely ruin this adaptation unless they treat this project as their flagship anime, which they probably won't, so don't get your hopes up.
Jul 5, 2022 4:00 AM

Apr 2021
Y'all really expect them to do something that crazy? Not only is it a big risk for the studio, but the animators would be pushed to near death point if they did something like that for fights. i don't expect too much CGI for the first half of the manhwa but afterwards it could be used quite often. It's better this way though, and it's the only possible way they can be animated, no matter if the adaptation is done by A-1 or Ufotable
Jul 5, 2022 4:23 AM

Jul 2021
I got two words for you "CG shadows"
Life sucks
Jul 5, 2022 6:57 AM

Feb 2021
It's important to mention that the 86 CGI wasn't done by A-1 but by Shirogumi
Jul 5, 2022 8:08 AM

Jul 2021
Emmad_- said:
adeeb91 said:
my friend thats why i said at least they should animate Main shadows Like Igris, Beru etc not lile a whole army. Please do read the whole comment before writing yours 🙏
yeah i did read it. but even then the main shadows have even more detail and stuff which will be very hard to animate during the fight scenes, so they might use cgi for that as well. they will probably be 2d

Friends are nothing more than the people who you spend the fun, yet meaningless times with. When those times get rough, they aren’t there to support you.

My Mushoku Tensei Review
Jul 5, 2022 11:43 AM
Apr 2020
Emmad_- said:
As you guys know Solo Leveling is coming out and it has the potential to be the next big thing in anime community. And A1 studio is animating it ,heard it does it pretty greatly. But look i don't want SL to have just a better animation, i want it to have a godly animation cuz SL fans know what a godly action it has. Please please I'm begging you don't give us CGI shadows because his shadows are one of the reasons Solo Leveling is this good. At least give us all main shadows like Igris, Beru, Bellion, Iron etc without CGI. I pray to go that Hopefully my expectations aren't ruined. Thank You

Instead of No cgi why don't we hope for Great Cgi? Because let's be real, ain't no way they're not gonna use CGI in this day and age of anime.
Jul 5, 2022 4:09 PM
Mar 2021
Samto said:
I have yet to see an anime with good CGI, it never looks good and honestly almost always ruins the show imo. If there’s CGI in this one, I doubt I’ll finish the whole first season regardless of how good the story is

Lol demon slayer is probs one of the best animes with cgi so good that u don’t even notice it and think it’s hand animated, but in reality it’s mainly cgi
Jul 5, 2022 8:12 PM
Jul 2022
CG Shadows.
-gigguk,2021-
Jul 7, 2022 5:59 PM
Jun 2022
well you really can't expect that they won't use cg at all. and i don't think cg is a bad thing in anime if it's executed right. yeah some anime do look bad with cg but as far as I've watched A-1 productions works, i have faith in them that they will do justice with the adaptation.
Jul 8, 2022 10:44 PM
Jan 2022
I think that if you add the proper motion blur and focal points in some of the larger scale fights CGI won't look terrible. But it's certainly inevitable knowing just how big the fights get, if you really want all of it to be non-CGI, they'll either have to split it into 2 or 3 seasons or they'll delay it until 2024 or 2025, which are both fine with me.

Good thing is the shadows are basically pitch black all the time no matter the environment which will make the CGI look more 2d without any weird lighting and textures they usually add onto their models
Jul 9, 2022 6:58 AM

Apr 2015
the summons definitely CGI

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 9

223 by Code0018 »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 2

278 by Code0018 »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 17

257 by Code0018 »»
3 hours ago

» Season 2 will focused more on side charcter and explore the world 360

Hickykissy - May 10

24 by Avicebrons »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yuyuichi - Mar 30

373 by rsk_sanji21 »»
Yesterday, 4:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.